SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Ibnabu: an inquiry

Ibnabu

Hi Phil, 

I am not 4 years off ssri I am 41 months off. I have intrupted sleep almost always. In total I sleep 6 to 7 hours but I wake up 1 to 2 times a night each night. 

Thank you

My drug history:

Cipralex 10mg for two months from February 2015 to April 2015. Tapered for one month 

Cipralex 20mg for six months from February 2016 to August 2016. Tapered for 5 weeks.

From October 2016 till fourth of April 2018 I am drug free.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

@Ibnabu,how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Setback after 4 years of withdrawal

Hi every one,

I have setback now after 4 years of withdrawal and only took cipralex for 8 months in total. The setback is caused by a surgery to remove an infected perianal abscess under general anaesthesia. They gave me midazolam+ benzo+tramadol 100mg. All these years i took no brain active substances. I improved a lot but still not 100% well. Is it possible to have setback that far in withdrawal? Does healing takes soooo long? 

The setback did not bring all my symptoms back but only some like: low mood, inner tension.

Hope everyone is doing fine

Ibnabu

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

My drug history:

Cipralex 10mg for two months from February 2015 to April 2015. Tapered for one month 

Cipralex 20mg for six months from February 2016 to August 2016. Tapered for 5 weeks.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Ibnabu said:

They gave me midazolam+ benzo+tramadol 100mg.

How long were you on these drugs, Ibnabu?

I was on these medications only during the operation time (45 min) that was 10 days ago. Since then i took nothing.

My drug history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Since you weren't on the drugs long enough to develop a dependency, hopefully you'll recover from this quickly. And from your surgery, too. 

I was on these medications only during the operation time (45 min) that was 10 days ago. Since then i took nothing.

My drug history:

Thank you Shep

My drug history:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every one

I am sorry to say that there is no complete healing from antidepressants but damage. It's been 4 years for me since my last  cipralex dose and still suffering. I do not drink, do not smoke, do not drink coffee, do not take any brain active substances since 4 years and still not healed. My throat is swollen and the ENT said it is due allergy and therefore too much histamine in the body. He prescribed fexofendine, a second generation antihistamine. I have to take it or the swilling will get bigger and i will have difficulty breathing. I personally do not believe in healing from ssri. It is permanent cns sensitization. So do not believe recovery stories. When people say that they have healed and got much better they do not mean complete healing. It seems the cns will be sensitized permanently.    

My drug history:

• Administrator

Is the fexofendine effective for your allergies?

Unlikely PAWS is related to your allergies. We don't counsel about allergies here, sorry.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Please take me seriuos

Hello every one,

Hope all of you are doing well. I need some help. Is it possible that a symptom appear four years in withdrawal? Since few weeks i have sensitive skin and the diagnosis by a dermatologist was dermatitis. I never ever had this in my life prior to cipralex withdrawal. I also took bisoprolol for 3 months this year. Stopped the beta blocker in 20th of may this year. I do not know if this has to do with my skin sensitivity???

Please if any has any information let me know.

Thank a lot.

Ibnabu

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

My drug history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Whereabouts on your body is your dermatitis?

Sometimes manufacturers change the ingredients in their products.  It might be a good idea to start using low irritant products and stop using any creams that aren't necessary and keep a diary.  If after doing that you are still getting the dermatitis you could try checking for food allergy/ies.  It's not that a food allergy causes the dermatitis but it may make it worse.

And yes, it could possibly be something which has been caused after coming off an AD.  However, it's like many other things that cannot be tested you may never know the cause.  It might have happened anyway even if you had never taken a drug.  But there is so much that is not known about psychiatric drugs.  Since my own experience of not being able to type 2 weeks after I reduced my Pristiq from 100mg to 50mg and then being able to type 4 hours later when I updosed and also being here at SA for 5 years and reading other members' experiences of being on and off these drugs, not much would surprise me now.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I have it in my neck.

My drug history:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It sounds like you have developed some allergies. This may not be related to withdrawal syndrome.

Need some clarification

Hi everyone,

Alto said once "the good news is that one recovers over time, the bad news is that withdrawal syndrome leaves you sensitive to medications like anaesthesia" . 

My question here is do living with sensitive nervous system means recovery? Is't this mean damage has occurred?  Please can any one answer this. Thanks alot

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

My drug history:

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you can be recovered and still sensitized.  Unless you do something to upset your nervous system again, the sensitization tends to fade.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Are you sure the sensitization will fade? Do you have evidences to prove this? Thank you any way Chessiecat.  

My drug history:

• Moderator Emeritus

What I posted was Alto's response.  Alto has been there herself and recovered, but it took a long time.  She has also been dealing with a lot of members over a lot of years.  And there are Success Stories of people recovering.

I actually think that you may have a negative attitude and that even if someone was to provide you with indisputable proof that you would find some way to discredit it.

I suggest that you listen to Altostrata's recent interview.  The link is in my signature.

• Mentor

Hi @ibnabu! I'm glad you reach 4 years off drugs! I read many stories (like Alto or Aeroman) that explain how antibiotics or stessful events can generate setbacks also after years... Did you heal from your beginning issues? I hope so and I think this could be a very important goal!

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

Hi,

Yes Leila i recovered from many issues but still i am sensitive to stress and my system in general still sensitive to pharmaceutical medications. 

Where can i find Alto's recovery success story? 

My drug history:

• Mentor

Ibnabu, I think that healing from many issues is a very important goal. You had to be proud of your resilience! I'm sure, little by little, also your brain will be less sensitive!

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I suggest that you listen to Altostrata's recent interview.  The link is in my signature.

INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ibnabu,  I have read your posts and am so sorry that you are still struggling with ongoing withdrawal issues.  Don't give up hope for improvement--or at least the willingness to endure.  That you are willing to share on this site gives me a gift as I endure, trying to find my way, especially dealing with the despair and broken sleep.

My gratitude to you, and best wishes,

Arbor

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

Please please answer me

Hi everyone,

Hope u r doing fine in these coronavirus days and hope it will end sooooooon.

This site has helped me a lot and i thank Alto for that. I have only one question and please take me serious before i loose hope.

As you know, i am 4 years and two month ssri free and free from any brain active stuff. I stopped smoking 4 ys ago, stopped coffee as well. Despite all these precautions l am not stable enough. I improved a lot but still have sensitivities. My nervous system is still sensitive to stress to medication like antibiotics and other like anaesthesia though less than say 2 years ago but still sensitive.

My question is will i heal completely at the end? Will i heal completely after 3 years 4 years 5 years from now.  I am Palestinian who lived all his childhood under occupation and thus suffering. Believe it or not, suffering from occupation is nothing nothing to compare to suffering from ssri withdrawal. Since i a was a child i used to see solders enter my village and arrest people and make a miss of everything. I always say to myself i did not do anything i am a child why should i live like this? I did not choose this life or being in this word. Why human beings should fight? What for? Why why. Why can not we just make the world a good place to live in. Sorry for being emotional and hope someone somebody answer my question.

Thank u all 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title and spacing

My drug history:

• Moderator Emeritus
56 minutes ago, Ibnabu said:

I improved a lot

That is a very good sign.  It means that recovery is happening.

Nobody can answer how long it will take.

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

protracted-withdrawal-or-paws-post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-how-long-does-it-last

• Mentor
5 hours ago, Ibnabu said:

I am Palestinian who lived all his childhood under occupation and thus suffering. Believe it or not, suffering from occupation is nothing nothing to compare to suffering from ssri withdrawal. Since i a was a child i used to see solders enter my village and arrest people and make a miss of everything. I always say to myself i did not do anything i am a child why should i live like this? I did not choose this life or being in this word. Why human beings should fight? What for? Why why. Why can not we just make the world a good place to live in.

Dear @Ibnabu,

your words hit my heart... I can't imagine your suffering and the suffering of your people. I totally empathize with that child scared and lost who had to know very early how human conditions can be devastating and how human beings often choose materialistic interests instead of building human chains of solidarity. You didn't deserve to live all of this and to know another bad suffering as WD can be.

I think that now you had to focus on the present and be satisfied about your tenacity and resilience. You have come so far! Nobody can predict your total healing but I know it will come!

Current supplement:

Thank Leila

My drug history:

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

On 3/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Ibnabu said:

Hi everyone

I am Ibnabu and want to report the effects of spirulina. I took it for one week. It is organic and in tablet form each of 500 mg. The first day i took 2 tablets. The second day three and the rest of the days 6 tablets. The recommendation of the manufacturer is to take 6 tablets per day. What i experienced is inner rest. Really good feeling. Calm that i never experienced during my withdrawal. What surprised me is the good quality sleep i experienced during the intake of spirulian. It was deep sleep without interruption. 7 hour of deeeeep sleep. I found an Israeli scientific article that says, spirulina could decrease morality from covid19. This is good. Try it it is wonderful. 

How are you doing now Ibnabu?  Other supplements that you use now?

WD symptoms of note?

Windows and Waves?

I moved the above quote to a topic already started on Spirulina.

And just wondered if you'd like to update, here, on your Introduction too, as to how your Recovery/Healing has progressed?

Thank you.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing