Melissa5000

Melissa5000: nerve/muscle pain/burning after fast taper

ChessieCat
4 hours ago, Melissa5000 said:

We are puzzling on a puzzle of 1000 pieces. 

Only 1000 pieces?  Some days it feels like a lot more, 5000?

4 hours ago, Melissa5000 said:

Now I don't ruminate about it anymore. It is what it is. Now I think: the pain will fade away!

That is good.

On 4/28/2017 at 4:03 AM, brassmonkey said:

AAF: Acknowledge, Accept, Float.  It's what you have to do when nothing else works, and can be a very powerful tool in coping with anxiety.  The neuroemotional anxiety many of us feel during WD is directly caused by the drugs and their chemical reactions in the brain.  Making it so there is nothing we can do about them.  They won't respond to other drugs, relaxation techniques and the like.  They do, however, react very well to being ignored.  That's the concept behind AAF.  Acknowledge, get to know the feeling involved, explore them.  Accept, These feelings are a part of you and they aren't going anywhere fast. Float, let the feeling float off as you get on with your life as best as you can.  It's a well documented fact that the more you feed in to anxiety the worse it gets.  What starts as generalized neuroemotinal anxiety can be easily blown into a full fledged panic attack just by thinking about it.

I often liken it to an unwanted house guest.  At first you talk to them, have conversations, communicate with them.  After a while you figure out that they aren't leaving and there is nothing you can do to get rid of them.  So you go on about your day, working around them until they get bored and leave.

It can take some practice, but AAF really does work.  I hope you give it a try.

Melissa5000

That AAF in Brassmonkey his quote sounds good! If it helps for anxiety it probably also works for pain or other symptoms. 

Thank you for posting this ChessieCat!

ChessieCat

You are welcome.  I think sometimes we use a non drug technique without realising that it is an actual technique.  Knowing that it is a real technique and maybe improving it can be helpful. 

Melissa5000

Thuesday I went to the hospital for the chronic pain course again. There was also a woman who told us her successtory. After 13 years of chronic pain she started to practise graded activity for walking, relaxation by meditation and breathing, yin yoga and mind body techniques. It took her 5 years to recover. I am happy that there is hope for chronic pain today. However I sufffer the same amount of pain I feel mentally a bit relieved now that the woman told us how she recovered after 13 years of chronic pain. It will take lots of time but it IS possible to overcome chronic pain!

Last night I only slept 6,5 hours. Tonight I went to a restaurant with friends. We had a very nice time. 

My fingers hurt a bit when I type. It is probably extra sensitive because of the lack of sleep. I had to walk to the restaurant but it went fine. 

Yesterday I practised my walking again. I walked 1600 meter. I was tired after it and my legs hurt but it went ok. 

Melissa5000

Last night I laid long in bed. I slept 8 hours. Good deep sleep. Since it is darker in the bedroom and since the workmen left a few weeks ago my sleep has improved a lot!

I did the laundry and went grocery shopping on my ebike. I watched soccer. I can't believe th Dutch team won from France!

I practise my typing. I have to type for 3 minutes without a break. It went ok.

Tonight I'm going to work on the jigsaw puzzle. It is a picture of a village in the snow with a big christmas tree. 

I have a little face ache and my hands are a bit painful. 

Melissa5000

Saturday night to Sunday I had a sleepless night. Sunday I was at  my boyfriend. We had a nice day. I spent 5,5 hours in the public transport. I had a day ticket for the train. He lives not around the corner. Sunday evening I was quite tired when I came home. 

Last night I slept very well. Over 8 hours!

My arms and hands are a bit more painful than usual. I blame it on travelling so much yesterday after a sleepless night.

So today I did some laundry and cooking. For the rest I take it easy.

Melissa5000

Monday to tuesday night I slept only 5 hours. I was a little nervous because I had to get up early.

Tuesday I went to the hospital for the chronic pain education again. It was fine.After it I went to a few stores on my ebike.

After it I was tired because of the lack of sleep. When I went to bed my right knee hurt.

This morning I doubted whether I just took 25 or 50 mg lyrica. I did not dare to take a second capsule lyrica. Two hours later I had more pain, felt moving nerves in my arms, really deep burning pain, I felt like crying, I felt anxious and suddenly was in great dispair. I burst out in tears a few times. Then I realised that I problably took just 25 mg lyrica this morning. So I added a second capsule. A few hours later I felt a little better. But I'm still not recovered. It scares me how much inpact it had when I missed just one pill. I wonder how I can ever start to taper again. And when? Any advice and experience about that?

Melissa5000

Since the lyrica incident yesterday I am still a bit more emotional. And my nerves in my limbs and body feel extra sensitive. I slept 7 hours last night. I did some laundry, decluttering and cooking and I cleaned the kitchen. For the rest I have to take it easy. I feel a bit better than yesterday. Yesterday I felt horrible both physically and mentally. I could not live in that situation. It remembered me of april/may this year when I was on only 75 mg lyrica. 

Melissa5000

Last night I slept 7 hours.

I went for groceries and to the pharmacy on my ebike. When I came home I felt a storm of nervepain in my body. My core and belly feel hotter than usual. I'm more emotional and feel like crying. I cried over nothing a few times. It feels like I have hunger pangs. But that is impossible because it stays the same just after dinner. I feel horrible. I wonder if I have a setback. 

Melissa5000

I have a setback now. I can hardly cope. I try to stay positive and find some distraction. I try the techniques they teach us in the hospital. I'm at my best when I lay still in bed and don't move. 

Yesterday I slept only 5 hours. I did some cleaning and laundry. I had pain everywhere. Also burning/irritated/itchy skin. I was very emotional. I tried to change my hopeless negative thoughts into positive thoughts. But I could not prevent to burst out into tears a few times.  It was painful when I touched my boyfriend or when he touched me.

Last night I slept over 8 hours. When I walk I feel my nerves moving and irritating. My skin is still feeling burning very quickly. I went to the supermarket with my boyfriend by car. Walking was hard and painful because of the irritated nerves. For the rest I have been sitting a lot to prevent more nervepain. 

I think this must be a wave!

Melissa5000

Yesterday I slept 8 hours. But I was very stressed. So I contracted all my muscles. In the evening I had pain everywhere and also a head ache! I decided to stop worrying. I took 2 paracetamol for my head ache and decided to relax. My pain improved a bit. My head ache went away. 

Last night I slept only 5 or 6 hours. So my nervepain is a little more intense today. I did a few chores in the house and some cleaning. I was happy that I was able do do them in despite of the pain. My arms and hands are still burning. Today I am mentally more stable. It helped when I decided to stop worrying. 

Melissa5000

Yesterday I slept 8 hours. But I was still very sensitive. I stayed inside all day and sat on a chair almost the entire day. I only did cooking, washing dishes and some laundry. 

Last night I slept over 9 hours. I was deeply asleep. I guess I needed it because pain takes a lot of energy. 

Today I did the laundry, cooking, and I got my fake christmas tree from the third floor. I had to go up and down the stairs for 4 times. I have to hang all the branches in the tree one by one. It takes some time. And I managed to hang the lights in the tree and I put a peak on top of the tree and hung silver and gold garlands in it. That was a big chore for me to do but I am so happy now! I have a lot of decoration for the tree in a big box. I'll decorate it later this evering and maybe a part tomorrow. I have to spread the tasks because of the pain. 

Now my arms and fingers  hurt a bit, I have itchy nerves in my arms and legs, my legs feel tired and my toes burn. I have to rest a bit now. 

Melissa5000

Yesterday I slept 7,5 hours. I went on my ebike to the hospital It was raining. I had a session with a psychologist for VR-glasses therapy.

I bought an Oculus GO 32 GB. The psychologist gave me a code for 3 games on it for painrelieve. This is still in a test stage. I tried the games. They give a lot of distraction. In between I hear the voice of the psychologist explan a few things about how the painsystem works for chronic pain. 

On the way back home it was raining very hard. It was fun to cycle in the rain again after a long quite dry season.

I was tired and had some more pain. The weight of the Oculus go pressed a lot on my face and pulled on my neck. Maybe I had the straps not in the right position yet. I have to explore the device a bit more. 

Last night I slept 7 hours. I have sore arms today. I went for groceries and cooked a healthy meal. I tried the VR games again. This time it went a bit better with the heavy device. I changed the straps of the Oculus Go. 

My fingers and arms hurt. I started writing the Christmas cards. 

I sit a lot. I am still sensitive for movement like walking and lifting things up. I am still in a wave. Maybe I am a little bit better now than in the beginning of this wave as long as I sit still. 

Melissa5000

Last night I slept over 9 hours. I did the laundry and some cleaning and cooking. I am happy with that. I started writing the christmas cards. My arms and hands hurt from the activity. Tonight I watched a few movies on tv. I'm still afraid of too much walking. I am afraid to trigger the storm of nervepain again. It is now a year ago that I quit the birthcontrol pil. I am still suffering the hairloss. My ponytail is very thin. And my hair is a lot shorter too. I had to cut it. Maybe withdrawal has also an influence on hairloss? It is relaxing to play the games from the hospital on my Oculus Go. 

Melissa5000

My buttock/hamstring/low back pain has gone for a few weeks now! I'm very happy with that. Lately I feel some cramps around my upper back and ribs. Sometimes it hurts when I take a deep breath. Just musclepain in a different part of my body. 

Last night I slept 8 hours. The last days my sleep is good and deep!

I did some dusting and cooking, washing dishes and decluttering. But I still have to sit and rest most of the time.

The VR games are nice to do. They give some distraction and relaxation. I don't notice an improvement in my pain level yet. But I have to play them a few more weeks I suppose before it starts working. 

Melissa5000

Last night I slept over 8 hours. I slept very deeply on my right side. I did not turn in my sleep so I woke up with musclepain on my right shoulder and upper back and right ribs.

Today I am quite tired. I sat the most of the day. My arms hurt a bit when I woke up. I watched lots of sports. Now I am reading a book. 

I only played one game on the Oculus Go. My neck hurt from the heavy device so I had to stop. 

Melissa5000

last night I slept 8 hours. But I am a lttle tired and weak. My period finally arrived. It came 2 weeks and 2 days late. I wonder if that wave I had messed up my menstrual cycle. The bad wave seems to be gone now. I feel more like my "wd normal" (as Brassmonkey says). 

Today I just did cooking and cleaning the kitchen. I have to take it easy as my period makes my withdrawal a bit worse as always. 

My arms and fingers hurt a little. It is dark, rainy and windy over here. A good momet to sit near the christmas tree.