bubbles

Bubbles

bubbles

All well here, and today I'll drop to 6mg. It is about an 8% drop.

wantrelief

Wow, bubbles....congratulations on getting to 6 mg - you are doing great with your taper!  :)

bubbles

Thanks @wantrelief

So far so good. I'm intending to be at 5mg with enough time to be stable for Christmas, and then I'll hold at 5mg for maybe eight weeks instead of four (due to our summer break).

bubbles

Still doing well, and it's been a bit over a week.

I'm beginning to think I'll actually get off this stuff, but it's still a little discouraging when I realize I still have over two years to go. :(

ChessieCat

Look at how far you have come, not how far you still have to go.

bubbles
On 11/3/2018 at 9:24 AM, ChessieCat said:

Look at how far you have come, not how far you still have to go.

Thanks ChessieCat, you're right, of course.

Okay here and it's been two weeks since I dropped.

bubbles

Still okay. All good. Next scheduled drop is 22 November - 8.5% to 5.5mg.

bubbles

Sigh, I'd intended to drop to 5.5mg today, but it's been a big few weeks and I'm tired. I'm not going to risk it. If I sleep well tonight I'll drop tomorrow instead.

Rabe

So good to take care of yourself!!!  💜

elbee
56 minutes ago, bubbles said:

Sigh, I'd intended to drop to 5.5mg today, but it's been a big few weeks and I'm tired. I'm not going to risk it. If I sleep well tonight I'll drop tomorrow instead.

Hey Bubbles congrats on all the progress you've made with your taper! Smart move to listen to yourself and hold off until the next drop really feels right ;)

Snek

Your posts are very inspiring, Bubbles. Thank you for sharing!

Snek

bubbles

Thanks everyone. I slept well last night but I'm still a bit tired. I'm home today and if I get enough jobs done this morning I will be able to have a little nap this afternoon. Then I will drop (I take my SSRI in the evening to get them away from my thyroid meds). Fingers crossed.

Rabe

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞Thinking about you!!💜

bubbles

Thanks @Rabe

I dropped last night, 23 Nov. I had a late night but a long afternoon nap has helped me today (Saturday).

The intention is to drop to mg a week or more before Christmas (long story) so as to be stable then, and then to have a longer hold there for a bit, probably until early February.

bubbles

Popped by to update my sig. Day 5 of the new dose (though I won't take it until bedtime). So far so good. I'm still a bit tired, but it is to be expected with what is happening in my life. Today I think I'm getting yet another cold which is a bit annoying.

I have decided to add a new bit to my thread when I drop the dose. It will look like this:

23 November 2018, down 94.5mg to 5.5mg.

This is to remind myself how far I have come. :)  Yes, I know it is silly, but somehow typing it out like that helps.

wantrelief
3 hours ago, bubbles said:

This is to remind myself how far I have come. :)  Yes, I know it is silly, but somehow typing it out like that helps

Not silly at all - it is very impressive and you should be proud of how far you've come!

Rabe

VERY PROUD!!!👍💜

bubbles

Thanks @Rabe. I am so pleased to be where I am, especially as a few months ago I thought I was going to have to do a serious updose. Thankfully my doctor is good with thyroid stuff and we were able to address the root cause.

@wantrelief I do feel a bit silly - laughing at myself - but it is good to reinforce the positive and when I feel a bit disheartened that I have two years still to go, those numbers help.

bubbles

Still ok though I’m absolutely freezing cold and exhausted today. Might need another thyroid updose, which is a bit annoying, but I’d been thinking of it for a while. Will see doc next week hopefully and go up.

2 weeks since starting this sertraline dose.

bubbles

Well I slept for a lot of the weekend, so definitely time to see doc for another (little) updose of my armour. No other symptoms, though it's warmed up a lot here so it would be hard to be cold now! Mood is still fine, even though I'm tired. I am not aware of any symptoms from the sertraline drop.

Rabe

Hi bubbles...that is such great news that the new dose is going well!  YAY!!!  Not so yay on the thyroid...I hope your visit with the doctor goes well!  Take care!!! 💜

bubbles

Thanks @Rabe