SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

amari21 Invega Sustenna Recovery

amari21

Hey I have been treated with Invega Sustenna for the second time. Was wondering if anyone else has been given this drug and how long did it take for you recover? Also what did you do to speed up recovery? I feel like the longer this stays in my system the more brain dead I feel and become.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amari, 

Welcome. 

I'm not familiar with that drug, but chances are someone here will know about it. 

Are you taking anything else, or have you taken other psych drugs before?

Please fill out a brief signature to let us know a bit more about your history, using these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Altostrata changed the title to amari21 Invega Sustenna Recovery
  • Administrator

Welcome, amari.

You've had an injection, correct? Please see Tips for tapering off Invega (paliperidone)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 years later...