SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Itchy head! After effect???

Tootsieroll

I can't, for the life of me, figure out this itchy head during/after withdrawals.  I know I have the immune system of a 90 year old, i know I have systemic yeast but this hasn't responded much to antifungals.  I get sour oily hair a day after I wash my hair and even worse if I sweat.  The itch feels like ants crawling from one area to the next throughout the entire scalp. And no I do not have lice. And no I don't have dandruff or sebhorric dermatitis :). I am losing hair in copious amounts.  The only thing that worked against the itch and has given me relief for up to 3 days was borax as a rinse.  But I discovered a bald spot and decided to stop just in case it was the cause.  Or the cause of the bald spot is still the itch factor.  I'll never know.  Why did borax stop the itch?  It's used against fungus and is super akaline.  Problem with anything super alkaline on head is that it dilates the hair follicles.  Super acidic shrinks the follicles.  But i've had hair loss prior to borax use due to the itch so I wont know the real cause of this bald spot.  It's so sad that the one thing that works.. I can't even use it.  Anyone have this issue because of withdrawals? It's tough to concentrate on things when all i do is scratch my head.

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

itchy head is a withdrawal symptoms from benzo withdrawal for me.

typical, it last a week, or a couple, then it goes away for few months and come back.

same as ear itchiness too.

i just tell myself that itchiness is better than akathisia and switch my mind onto something else.

june 2014 to feb  2015- on xanax 0.25 to 1mg/day- then CT - jan 2016 - panic attack, went on 3.75mg remeron to sleep march 2016- CT remeron (because it caused me tinnitus)- deep depression, couldn't sleep because of  intrusive Tinnitus

april to june 2016- valium 4mg, xanax as needed, lunesta 3mg

june 2016 - valium 4mg, lexapro 10mg

oct 2016- valium 2mg, lexapro 10mg- hold

march 2017- started daily micro liquid taper of valium and lex- -taper speed 0.0033mg valium daily and 0.033mg lex daily

may 2018- valium 1mg, lexapro 2.4mg - i had to slow down the rate of my daily micro taper considerably

LAST dose of Lexapro: 0.05mg on 05/17/19

LAST dose of valium: 0.04mg on 08/18/19

April 26th 2020- intense panic attack that lasted 4 days, akatisia, 0 sleep- suicidal, almost hospitalized- took rescue doses over 2 days- total: 1.5mg xanax, 18mg valium, 2x5mg lexapro

Upon more research I learn this may be demodex mites. They overpopulate due to lowered immune system.  I wish it was temporary for me as it's been with me constantly for over 7 years since my first cold turkey off SSRIs.  The root cause is my immune system but till it rectifies, I cant let these buggers multiply and continue to go bald.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy