SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Mewmewkitty: olanzapine CT

Mewmewkitty

Hello!

Am like a sitting duck here okay. Am almost 2 years off of olanzapine and quality of life has improved latley.

Howerer the pollen is at its extreme right now and am having big time issues.

Olanzapine is a strong antihistamine which acts on H1.

Antihistamine for pollen allergies acts on H1.

Can one take small doses of antihistamine (desloratadine) if its the one that doesnt cross the blood barrier to the CNS(?)

Very much appreciated.

-2012  January started Olanzapine 5mg, 7mg, 10mg, 25mg (2 months), 10mg (long time),5mg.

-2016 June 15th quit Olanzapine from 5mg to 0mg CT.

Other drugs; Imovane,Theralene, Propavane, Stesodil, which I took when I needed to. Quit them w/o trouble late 2015.

• Administrator

Hi, Mewmewkitty. Please start an Introductions topic for yourself so we can get to know you.

You've been off olanzapine for a good while. If your allergy symptoms are severe, you might try antihistamines at partial doses to see how they affect you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello everyone. 

Took Olanzapine for 3 years at pretty high doses, way way to high and probably under wrong circumstanses.

Am now soon 2 years off of olanzapine ct(jump from 2.5mg). I have used Imovane occasionally but pretty frequently during the first 6 months period around 2015 at the same time olanzapine was introduced.

Theralene under same frame time.

While on olanzapine I drink pretty much everyday and took other nonprescripted drugs, which is so not me.. I dont know who I was back then... and few other things I cant mention here.

It has been a disaster and am nowhere near healed but am definitely getting there. 

2016 June 15th was the last pill but ofcourse I found this site 1 months after my jump and all I can say is it was a mistake to CT.

This is now my introduction about myself and actually am looking forward to interact with you guys, since this personal experience is far to isolating!

-2012  January started Olanzapine 5mg, 7mg, 10mg, 25mg (2 months), 10mg (long time),5mg.

Other drugs; Imovane,Theralene, Propavane, Stesodil, which I took when I needed to. Quit them w/o trouble late 2015.

Hello again. 

Took deslroratadine cut 5mg in half, which gives us 2.5mg a day for 2 days now and it was enough for pollen allergies but gave me nighmares, fatigue, anxiety, depressed, night sweats and the hangover feeling the day after.

Also the allergies alone ramps up the symptoms?

This antihistamine is from second gen and shouldnt act on the CNS but it feels like it sure does! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mewmewkitty, I've put your questions all together in your Introduction topic. 

It sounds like the desloratadine produced some unpleasant effects for you.  It is not uncommon for people to be very sensitive to many things after withdrawal of a psych med - other meds, herbs, supplements, even certain foods can cause problems for some people. 

Have you tried nasal irrigation?  I've found it very effective for rhinitis.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Hi Songbird,thanks.

The birch pollen will be decreasing following 7 days so I just need to hang on for now. 

Am planning to add more information about my journey thrue withdrawal soon.

• 4 months later...

Hello!

Am doing better now after 2 years off and life got alittle easier.

For the better part of my 2 years i've been taking magnesium along with C vitamin on just the RD per day. 

Is this safe to take for prolonged periods? Also I have been aching legs and feet for pretty long time and with a little research I started to take calcium 800mg a day- and my aches are totally gone!!!

C vitaming and magnesium seem to deplet for example calcium along with other minerals?

Regards

• ChessieCat changed the title to Mewmewkitty: olanzapine CT

Edit: C-vitamin 1000-2000mg daily, magnesium 800mg daily.

• Moderator Emeritus

So glad you are doing well Mewmewkitty! Thanks for coming back to give the rest of us who are dealing with antipscyhotic withdrawal some hope.  Peace to you, glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I've steadily doing better over the 2 years yet very slow healing. I still have problems with exercise intolerance but I try to exercise every other day. I cant belive am not getting the results from my strength training as I should, and would. Am just to weak.

My CNS is getting better at handling itself. I can now drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day and it sure help my cogfog and metabolism. Life slowly start to get "easier", ie starting to do meal preps, doing dishes everyday and cleaning my home, between my 40hr work weeks!

Reading books, follow story in documentairies (and talk about them with co workers!) is getting better again.

As a note here, I got encourage to stop smoking 49hrs ago and it was very instense withdrawal. Was in deep despair and anxiety with physical symptoms. I used E cig which cut out the worst but I relaps 1 hour ago. I am 27 years old and want to quit..but

am sure one day I will succed quit smoking for good..

I feel so discouraged with this smoking. Living a healthy lifestyle with very good diet-cut out almost anything unhealthy and then this...

• Administrator

Good to hear you're doing so well, you're starting on reducing the smoking, Mewmew.

Your improvement calls for our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to be added to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

PS A friend said substituting herbal cigarettes helped her cut down on tobacco smoking -- it fulfilled her habit of doing something with her hands. Then she went off the herbal cigarettes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

PS A friend said substituting herbal cigarettes helped her cut down on tobacco smoking -- it fulfilled her habit of doing something with her hands. Then she went off the herbal cigarettes.

That is an excellent idea.  As long as the herbal cigarettes are not wacky tobacky!

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 4 weeks later...

I messed up guys...

Friday night I got cought in a situation I beyond my control. To cut it short; We was out drinking and I took cocaine, 2 lines if my memory recall. This was sucha stupid mistake and I thought I never would have done this. 

Right now, 3 days later the "worst" is over, and I got alittle bit more anxiety than normal but I have huge remorse/guilt of what I did and why I did this.

As I mentioned before my diet has improved aswell as my excersice, so this is such a letdown!

My most fear is if this would have stall my recovery. I feel shame for even mentioning this here and feel so disrespectful for myself and SA.

*cries*

Mewmewkitty

Edited by ChessieCat
reworded obscenity

• Administrator

Both drinking and taking cocaine or other street drugs are not good ideas when you might have withdrawal syndrome.

Why don't you write down how terrible you felt during those 3 days? Tape it to your mirror to remind yourself: If you indulge again, you might feel that bad for a lot longer.

As you have guessed, we find it difficult to be sympathetic about symptoms you bring on yourself by doing stuff like this, shaking up your nervous system while it needs to settle down.