Pandora

Body aches and pain

Melissa5000

@ Galmond: I didn't try acupuncture. How long after the acupuncture you keep profiting from a session?

@ JC  having my period or pms makes my pain increase! 

Grieving and stress and mental problems are very famous for increasing pain, even for people who are not in withdrawal at all.''

My pains started in withdrawal. I wonder why they are persisting so long this time. It is almost a year ago now when it started with no breaks. 

I hope that increasing my activity can help over time. The problem is that my baseline is so low I can hardly move or do chores. But I keep trying!

Of couse I do have many setbacks. But I managed to increase my activity a little bit. 

Galmond
On 8/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, Melissa5000 said:

@ Galmond: I didn't try acupuncture. How long after the acupuncture you keep profiting from a session?

@ JC  having my period or pms makes my pain increase! 

Grieving and stress and mental problems are very famous for increasing pain, even for people who are not in withdrawal at all.''

My pains started in withdrawal. I wonder why they are persisting so long this time. It is almost a year ago now when it started with no breaks. 

I hope that increasing my activity can help over time. The problem is that my baseline is so low I can hardly move or do chores. But I keep trying!

Of couse I do have many setbacks. But I managed to increase my activity a little bit. 

Melissa

When I go to my acupuncture sessions I usually get relief that entire day. I do go twice a week. I seem to to get relief for 2 or 3 days after a session. I've been to 5 total sessions at this point and it seems to just make my pain way more manageable. With that said I still have some bad moments where the pain is awful. 

Galmond

Just wondering if anyone has experienced pain as a main symptom or as a long term symptom?

I have been off cymbalta for 13 months today and one of my most noticeable symptoms has been pain for me . And the pain is predominantly in my legs. It usually ranges in my calves and meaty part of my thighs front and back. The pain started immediately after the first drop in my taper and has not gone away. 

I want to add I never had pain before I took the cymbalta or took cymbalta for pain.

I have lived my life on a heating pad and aspercreme which is is a lidocaine creme from CVS for a year now. Just hoping this might catch someone's eye and they might have some tips on what is the cause and things that could help. Thanks to all in advance.

Sionevar

I've had terrible aches in my legs for the last six months, mostly in my hips in knees. It started around the time I completely came off my medication. That being said, I've always had knee problems - osteoarthritis runs in my family - and I've been told the joint pain might be a symptom of a hormonal problem I'm dealing with, so I don't know for sure what the trigger is. It's very frustrating, because I've always been a big walker, but now, even walking half a mile exhausts me. Aleve, jacuzzi baths and massages keep me going. 

Galmond
2 hours ago, Sionevar said:

I've had terrible aches in my legs for the last six months, mostly in my hips in knees. It started around the time I completely came off my medication. That being said, I've always had knee problems - osteoarthritis runs in my family - and I've been told the joint pain might be a symptom of a hormonal problem I'm dealing with, so I don't know for sure what the trigger is. It's very frustrating, because I've always been a big walker, but now, even walking half a mile exhausts me. Aleve, jacuzzi baths and massages keep me going. 

I'm sorry to hear you also have pain. It really is the worst. I agree with the Jacuzzi I sit in one every day almost. Massages I haven't tried but will look into. I have been trying acupuncture and it seems to help some also. Its just crazy to me my pain has not gotten better in 1 years time. Well thanks for your input hope we both find relief soon.

Sionevar

Reading through some other posts and forums, this seems to be a common complaint from people who have come off or tapered down AD medication. Many of them do report the chronic pain eventually fading, but not quickly - sometimes as long as several years. I'm going to give acupuncture a try, see if that helps. Because I'm not ready to feel this old and worn out just yet. Stay strong, look after yourself, I hope you feel better soon.

Galmond
22 minutes ago, Sionevar said:

Reading through some other posts and forums, this seems to be a common complaint from people who have come off or tapered down AD medication. Many of them do report the chronic pain eventually fading, but not quickly - sometimes as long as several years. I'm going to give acupuncture a try, see if that helps. Because I'm not ready to feel this old and worn out just yet. Stay strong, look after yourself, I hope you feel better soon.

Galmond
25 minutes ago, Sionevar said:

Thanks for the insight. I'm doing my best to stay strong, but it's tough when I can't do much and haven't for a year. Hope you have success with the acupuncture. 

Melissa5000

I have pain in my arms and legs and the rest of my body since 22th september 2017.

I also suffer from extreme burning pain in my fingers and hands. Does anyone have these finger/handpains for a long time? Are there cases on SA of people who overcame those pains? What did they do about it? I can't find cases about longterm fingerpains that later on disappeared. I would like to know about those threads on SA if there are any. Or cases elsewhere on the web where I can read about them.