SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Muscle and joint stiffness, aches, pain or weakness

Maybe

Catnapt, do you still have pain. I too have pain in my right arm and leg constantly. Sometimes I will get little bursts of pain in other parts of my body. I'm super stiff and feel like a 100 yr old woman walking around. I can't tell if it's muscle pain or nerve pain. I had a MRI and it came back normal, but I'm still worried because it's not going away. I've been off Lexapro for 3 1/2 months now. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

Symptoms as of 4/19/17- A little burning skin, muscle pain, FATIGUE, some brain fog, tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints, blurry vision, eye floaters, sciatica.

Symptoms as of 10/3/17- Physical symptoms-- Very little burning skin that comes and goes, some muscle and nerve pain that comes and goes, tremor in pinky and ring finger, muscle twitches, cortisol spike in the morning(heart palpitations), cracking/popping joints all those this has gotten a little better lately, blurry vision and eye floaters that come and go, sciatica(less intense now), fatigue which is still very bad but better than a year ago. Mental symptoms-- Depression, anxiety, hopelessness, lack of motivation or interest, brain fog(trouble focusing and concentrating), ruminating thoughts. All these come and go. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I get those shooting bursts of pain, too, Chicago, but not often enough to do anything about it, just observe and think "well, that's interesting..and, ow!"  I've had them to where in a toe, a finger, a spot on a leg, sometimes enough that I need to rub it, but usually very short lived.  I've also had those weird muscle spasms where a spot in a muscle will vibrate like a pulse, sometimes for a few beats, pause, a few more beats.  Had that last night in a tricep muscle.  Get them under the eye as well.  Again, short-lived stuff.  I just thought it was something that everyone got now and again!  I've been on meds so long I can't remember if I got those before meds.  

I am stiff, too, and joints pop all the time when getting up, ankles and knees in particular.  I'm 51, so am not yet ready to attribute it to age LOL!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted in my journal and then remembered that I could search stuff and found this!  So good!  Squirrelly Girl, I have the same things go on, and like you on the right side being worse.

I have had similar muscle spasms in my back in the past.  That is when I would go into panic mode thinking my "original condition" was back, because that is why I went on aropax/paxil in the first place.  It has been absolutely amazing when I would get them and after a year or so when they came, they would go just as suddenly in a day.  That was when I realised it was w/d.  I am wondering if this is a similar thing.

What took me by surprise the other day was when I woke up fine, but an hour later, out of the blue got excruciating neck pain and couldn't move my head.  I took painkillers and anti-inflammatorys for a couple of days, along with a hot pack and dencorub.  The severity is gone and I have better head movement, but not completely better yet after 5 days.

Added to that, the following day I woke up with severe muscle aching everywhere, mainly my right leg, hip, and butt and my knee so that I couldn't walk!  This was an added shock as it has been ages since I experienced the back spasms, but I do get cramping regularly in my right leg, which I am still not sure is w/d or from my spine.  I guess only time will tell.  After reading your post I am inclined to believe this too, is w/d.

It is just so incredible to think that you can still get these things in the 5th year of tapering at 2.5%!!!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• Mentor

wow well I'm relieved I'm not the only one but definitely not HAPPY that so many of us suffer this way

I've had a few longish windows lately that  I'm happy about, still have pain but other problems have cleared up, so anytime things are more good than bad, to me, that's a window LOL

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Yes I feel a lot of my previous symptoms have gotten a little better, but my pain in my muscles and joints haven't subsided at all. I'm so scared I'm going to be stuck like this forever. Catnapt, do you have the same type of muscle and joint pain? Has it gotten any better? I wonder why withdrawal causes physical pain. Mine is mainly on my right side of my body.

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

Symptoms as of 4/19/17- A little burning skin, muscle pain, FATIGUE, some brain fog, tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints, blurry vision, eye floaters, sciatica.

Symptoms as of 10/3/17- Physical symptoms-- Very little burning skin that comes and goes, some muscle and nerve pain that comes and goes, tremor in pinky and ring finger, muscle twitches, cortisol spike in the morning(heart palpitations), cracking/popping joints all those this has gotten a little better lately, blurry vision and eye floaters that come and go, sciatica(less intense now), fatigue which is still very bad but better than a year ago. Mental symptoms-- Depression, anxiety, hopelessness, lack of motivation or interest, brain fog(trouble focusing and concentrating), ruminating thoughts. All these come and go. 

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor

update, I have found that my pain returns when I do two things: #1 Ignore my "good" diet and eat too many unhealthy things or #2 if I 'overdo' it and am a lot more active than normal- like moving things around, walking a lot more or lifting heavy things, etc. I don't usually have pain that same day, it comes a day or two later

so I have to learn to pace myself

AND not eat donuts, ice cream or chips!! nor even bread and crackers, those are all foods that are not on the diet I TRY to follow (the Nutritarian diet)

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Catnapt - you mention that you get pain 1-2 days after doing something physical/active.

I would say that it is totally NORMAL to get delayed muscle soreness like this; and I'm leaving AD medication completely out of the picture.

My experience with early stage AD WD and physical activity, was severe muscle soreness DURING exercise and significant recovery required following, I.e osteopath or physio sessions.

Fortunately I am past this stage now, but it was extremely distressing given that I was training for marathons a few weeks earlier.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh! My joints are killing me. I've never had joint pain until now and I'm so stiff. My elbows are cracking/popping. I feel like a box of rice krispies. I'm in my 30's so I can't really contribute this to old age. I'm starting to think Ive developed arthritis through withdrawal. Not to mention all my fibromyalgia symptoms I have. Widespread pain, chronic fatigue(I mean it literally feels like I have an elephant on my back), insomnia and brain fog. Ahhhhhhh! 

• 2 weeks later...

I still suffer with bad muscle tension in my back, shoulders and neck. The ONLY things that work for me are a full body massage (which can be pricey) or a front crawl swim. Other forms of exercise such as Yoga, Pilates, running, biking etc do nothing for me in terms of reducing muscle tension. Heavy weights add to the tension.

It's strange because my mood will only improve once the tension is removed from the body. When my body is still riddled with tension I could practise positive thinking, mindfulness, CBT etc to the cows come home - they wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

May 2007 - October 2007 Citalopram 20 mg od. 1st Antidepressant ever taken. No problem with fast taper and no withdrawal effects. No antidepressants for over 5 years.

January 2013 started Citalopram 20mg.

March 2014 Switched to Sertraline 50 mg od.

23rd June 2016 started taper 45mg

23.07.16 40.5mg 23.08.16 36.45mg 27.09.16 34.65mg 24.10.16 32.90mg 28.11.16 31.26mg 04.01.17 32mg 25.02.17 31mg 22.03.17 30mg 14.04.17 29mg 09.05.17 28mg 07.06.17 27mg 08.06.17 26mg 13.07.17 25mg 07.08.17 24mg 24.08.17 23mg 13.09.17 22mg 12.10.17 21mg 10.11.17 20mg 04.12.17 19mg 01.01.18 17mg 25.01.18 15mg 22.02.18 13.5mg 25.03.18 12.15mg 

• 9 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I'm now down to 1/5 of my original dose and still getting very tight calf muscles when walking.  I've also found that at different times I have tight muscles in my body.  My most recent one is down the right hand side of my spine.  Previously I have had very bad tension in my right jaw.  I also had a tight muscle in my right sciatic area.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I tapered by 5% almost a month ago this coming Sunday from 3ml to 2.8ml of mirtazapine/remeron, the last 2 weeks I've had intense pain in my calf muscles and hamstrings, I just want off this medication as its restricting my entire life, I do get concerned that something else is wrong. Do I just stay on the current dose or proceed with another taper of 5% to 2.6ml as its anyone's guess if the pain will pass regardless of tapering or holidng

Finasteride 1mg daily 2005 - April (approx) 2016 did have break from them.

Dex amphetamine 30mg Daily taken irregularly March 2012 - March 2015

Lexapro April 2016 only took 1 tablet unsure what mg ended up in emergency with thoughts of self harm discharged from hospital was given 20mg Valium and 30mg mirtazapine

30mg April 2016 - current been tapering from 30mg, 15mg May 2016, 7.5mg July 2016,Aug 2016 3.75mg Cold turkey Sept 2016 reinstated after 12dayslater 3.75mg Feb 2017 3.4mg March 2017 3.2mg April 2017 3mg

June 25, 2017 2.8mg August 14th 2017, 2.7mg, Sept 18, 2017 2.6mg Oct 26 up-dose 2.65mg due to 5 weeks of severe withdrawal 2.6mg 23rd Nov 2017 30th 2.5mg Nov 2017 2.4mg  19th Dec 2017  then forced 2.45mg up-dose 2.45mg due to severe withdrawals 2nd Jan 2018 up-dose  2.5mg 4th Jan 2018 withdrawals were too severe up-dose 2.55mg 23 Jan 2018  continued severe withdrawals near 3 weeks, 14th March 2018 2.5mg, 24th June 2018 2.45mg, 2.4mg 25th July 2018, 2.35mg 7th August 2018, 2.3mg 22nd October 2018, 2.25mg, 2.2mg 6th Dec 2018, 2.1mg 12 January 2019, 2mg 23rd Jan 2019, 1.95mg 12 March 2019, 1.9mg 12th March 2019, 1.85mg 22 June 2019, 1.8mg 19th July 2019, 1.75mg 16 Sep 2019, 1.7mg 4 October 2019, 1.75mg 5 October - severe withdrawals, need to complete essays. 1.7mg 11th November 2019, 1.65mg 2019 Had horrific nightmare up-dose  to 1.7mg on 18th December 2019, 24th December 2019 1.65mg, 17th January 2020 1.6mg-long hold due to ongoing severe withdrawals, low blood pressure, what appears to be chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety. 15th May 2020 1.58mg, 3rd August 2020 1.56mg, 2nd September 2020 1.54mg, 28th September 2020 1.52mg experienced nightmare, along with severe withdrawals, air hunger & high anxiety, due to exams will temporarily up-dose on 30th September 2020 1.54mg

• 4 months later...

Hi, I was after some other peoples advice about the latest development I am experiencing. To try and help with the withdrawal I was experiencing i tried some vitamins Including vit C, magnesium, vit B (all at recommended doses). However, i started itching all over and stopped all vits 2 weeks ago. The itching stopped and all seemed back to baseline. But, after that I was mountain biking in fairly cold British winter weather. Upon returning home I suddenly developed joint pain in my hands and especially my fingers. since then (approx 2 weeks) I have had all sorts of joint pain in my neck, spine, fingers, hands, feet, knees. I have never experienced anything like this before, and have, in the past ran Ironmans, marathon etc and had no problems even in hard training times. This is currently my most worrying symptom. I am wondering if i have developed athritis as part of withdrawal, or , as i hope beyond words, this is yet another transient symptom. If anyone has any experience of this, or any immune disorder problems in withdrawal I would be most grateful of your advice. Regards Dave 

Intro - 

• On Paroxetine (Paxil / Seroxat) 20mg since 1999 (age 18). Tapered off over 8 weeks on Dr's advice 2016 - Crashed massively (acute withdrawal) September '16 and reinstated on doc's advice. Found this site and started getting real answers! Currently doing a very slow withdrawal. 

Taper progress - 

• September '16 - 40mg / December'16 - 30mg / Feb '17 - 20 mg / March '17 - 18mg / April '17 - 15mg - became paranoid / May '17-  upped dose to 20mg (kindled - developed chemical sensitivities and neuropathy in legs). 2 month hold. July '17 - 19.5mg / Aug'17 - 18.5mgSept '17 - 17.5mg / October '17 - 17mg / Nov '17 - 16mg / Dec '17 - 15.5mg / Jan '18 - hold / Feb '18 - 14.5mg / April '18 - 13mg / June '18 - 11.5mg / Aug '18 - 10mg (half way hold of approx 2 months) / Nov '18 - 9mg / Dec '18 - 8mg. (tapering too fast, having anxiety / paranoia, so having a 6 week extra hold) / April 19 - still holding at approx 7.5mg

Points of interest - 

• Average seroxat 20mg pill weights 0.355g 
  • Using AWS Gemini 20 scales (seem reasonable for about £20)

Hi Dave,

My history is different than yours, but yes I have issues like this too. I get a lot of muscle stiffness, joint pain, injuries too, it is getting really frustrating.  Wondering if anyone out there can explain what psychiatric drugs do to cause issues of this nature? I get injuries doing the smallest things, I feel like I'm a hundred years old!  I've also noticed if I don't pay exceptional attention to posture, I'll pay for it later. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Yes, I do too, and I used to be a marathoner!

I can just about run 5k now, but 2 years ago I was clocking up big weekly mileage.

IBS and bladder issues have made it difficult for me to run at all these days :(

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi unfolding - thanks for your reply i would be interested in hearing why this happens too. 

Junglechicken - do you have any advice? 

Intro - 

• On Paroxetine (Paxil / Seroxat) 20mg since 1999 (age 18). Tapered off over 8 weeks on Dr's advice 2016 - Crashed massively (acute withdrawal) September '16 and reinstated on doc's advice. Found this site and started getting real answers! Currently doing a very slow withdrawal. 

Taper progress - 

• September '16 - 40mg / December'16 - 30mg / Feb '17 - 20 mg / March '17 - 18mg / April '17 - 15mg - became paranoid / May '17-  upped dose to 20mg (kindled - developed chemical sensitivities and neuropathy in legs). 2 month hold. July '17 - 19.5mg / Aug'17 - 18.5mgSept '17 - 17.5mg / October '17 - 17mg / Nov '17 - 16mg / Dec '17 - 15.5mg / Jan '18 - hold / Feb '18 - 14.5mg / April '18 - 13mg / June '18 - 11.5mg / Aug '18 - 10mg (half way hold of approx 2 months) / Nov '18 - 9mg / Dec '18 - 8mg. (tapering too fast, having anxiety / paranoia, so having a 6 week extra hold) / April 19 - still holding at approx 7.5mg

Points of interest - 

Well, the thing is, don't give up!

We were living in Canada when I went through the worst of the muscle and joint pain, but I found that aqua running and aerobics really helped and was just as strenuous.  I haven't continued with this, as where I live in the UK, there doesn't seem to be much of it around unfortunately.

I think the pain is caused by excess cortisol and adrenaline in the body, and there is nowhere for it to go if we don't "release" that nervous energy.

And so its rather like lactic acid build up.  We HAVE to find a way to release that energy or we remain in pain.

I still advocate that pool based exercises are a winner for people in our situation, as our weight is supported, but we're still expending energy, loosening the muscles up and so minimising injury and maintaining muscle mass.  Very important when you're over 40!

Major Life Events: 

JC- many thanks for the advice there. So, you say the worst of the muscle and joint pain. But you have found that it got better with time? 

Intro - 

Taper progress - 

Points of interest - 

28 minutes ago, DaveWales said:

JC- many thanks for the advice there. So, you say the worst of the muscle and joint pain. But you have found that it got better with time? 

The worst of the muscle and joint pain occurred when I had severe WD.  I re-instated 2 months later as it was unbearable.

Even walking was painful, and I had to have months of osteo appointments.

Its better, but I've never returned to the fitness level that I had when I was marathon training.  

Don't want to discourage you either.

I also think that hormonal fluctuations are playing a part in my overall wellbeing.

Major Life Events: 

Hi Dave,

I too developed severe pains after discontinuing 2.4mg mirtazepine 7 months ago.  In the beginning it was debilitating - sciatica, plantar fasciitis-like burning in the feet, sharp pains in thighs and wrists, jaw and tooth pain.

There has been some improvement; sciatica is gone, pain in wrists and thighs tolerable, jaw pain occasional, but the fasciitis is still there and hobbles me at times. My limbs are also generally weak, and so I have some difficulty lifting weights and climbing stairs, etc. I also have low exercise tolerance.  I can only walk and not that fast, maybe 3 mph at best. I am hopeful that all will go eventually as I have seen some improvements. 

I think passage of time is the only solution ... all the best.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

11 hours ago, Survivor1 said:

Hi Dave,

I too developed severe pains after discontinuing 2.4mg mirtazepine 7 months ago.  In the beginning it was debilitating - sciatica, plantar fasciitis-like burning in the feet, sharp pains in thighs and wrists, jaw and tooth pain.

There has been some improvement; sciatica is gone, pain in wrists and thighs tolerable, jaw pain occasional, but the fasciitis is still there and hobbles me at times. My limbs are also generally weak, and so I have some difficulty lifting weights and climbing stairs, etc. I also have low exercise tolerance.  I can only walk and not that fast, maybe 3 mph at best. I am hopeful that all will go eventually as I have seen some improvements. 

I think passage of time is the only solution ... all the best.

Survivor1,

"sciatica, plantar fasciitis-like burning in the feet, sharp pains in thighs and wrists, jaw and tooth pain"

I had most of the above, in particular awful sciatica, and deep muscle and nerve pain all the way from my right shoulder down to the tips of my fingers.

Been there :(

Major Life Events: 

JC,

Glad to see you are improving.  Didn't know that one could literally become crippled from WD!

Best.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

1 hour ago, Survivor1 said:

JC,

Glad to see you are improving.  Didn't know that one could literally become crippled from WD!

Best.

Yes, it was BAD! 

It didn't make sense that I had been marathon training and competing for 3 years and then suddenly got hit with severe nerve, joint and muscle pain.  Fortunately, I wasn't so far gone that I put 2 and 2 together and realised it was because of the ADs.

I have right hip pain now, and random pains popping up - all due to stress :huh:

IBS still my enemy too.

Major Life Events: 

I can't begin to tell you what it did to my muscles. Also, now have psoriatic arthritis which came at withdrawal. Worst thing is my thighs. The muscles feel "sick" that is the only way to explain it. Very hard going up stairs (I used to run up stairs every chance I could) feel like legs are 100 pounds each. Visible loss of muscle. Have patellar pain syndrome from weak quads. It comes and goes over the months in intensity but it is always there. I have not moved faster than a walk in years.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

• 1 month later...

Since C/T from Wellbutrin completely 6 months ago I have noticed that I am beginning to feel very fatigued and sore in random parts of my body. I know that antidepressants can serve as a shield for your body's nerves, so I'm wondering if I'm feeling mild aches and pains that I've had since I've been on the drugs and I just didn't notice them before because the antidepressant was suppressing the nerve pain. Is the fatigue that I've been hit with lately a normal part of withdrawal that slowly dissipates like everything else in withdrawal? Or should I be checking into supplements and trying to exercise more in order to address these issues? Any feedback is welcome, thanks! 

My main concern is and will remain to be my extreme withdrawal depression symptoms, but I've come to terms that this symptom is likely going to stick around for a long time, and hopefully when it leaves my intrusive thoughts will go with it. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

Hi Hellbutrin, I must respond to this.  I basically, even though I tapered over 10 months, from Wellbutrin, then crashed, at about 11 mg and did a mild RI, my body has acted as though I CT’d this drug.  At about six months or so into my RI, I began to develop a vast array of nerve and muscle pain. At 21 months into my small RI, still waves and windows, I have various nerve and muscle pain continuing.  It changes and any given day it can lighten or get heavier.  I NEVER had this prior to WD.  If you read people’s stories you will see it is very common.  If you go to the International Antidepressant Withdrawal site and watch their videos on WD and recovery and such, you will see this is common, if you read the Benzo buddy Twin tower analogy you will see this is common.  Quite frankly, all of the morphing symptoms of WD are astounding to me.  However, when one considers the all encompassing effect of theses drugs on our ENTIRE body, it might not be so surprising.  The fatigue and pain is all apart of the healing CNS.  Hoping yours will heal quickly but, most times, it is an extended process. 

3 hours ago, gigi63 said:

Hi Hellbutrin, I must respond to this.  I basically, even though I tapered over 10 months, from Wellbutrin, then crashed, at about 11 mg and did a mild RI, my body has acted as though I CT’d this drug.  At about six months or so into my RI, I began to develop a vast array of nerve and muscle pain. At 21 months into my small RI, still waves and windows, I have various nerve and muscle pain continuing.  It changes and any given day it can lighten or get heavier.  I NEVER had this prior to WD.  If you read people’s stories you will see it is very common.  If you go to the International Antidepressant Withdrawal site and watch their videos on WD and recovery and such, you will see this is common, if you read the Benzo buddy Twin tower analogy you will see this is common.  Quite frankly, all of the morphing symptoms of WD are astounding to me.  However, when one considers the all encompassing effect of theses drugs on our ENTIRE body, it might not be so surprising.  The fatigue and pain is all apart of the healing CNS.  Hoping yours will heal quickly but, most times, it is an extended process. 

Hi Gigi, were you taking any other medications with the Wellbutrin? I did C/T this drug, and I've only been off for 6 months, so what you are saying is pretty terrifying. Did you have mental symptoms as well as nerve pain, and if you did, did you see them slowly dissipate? What does the muscle pain feel like for you? I've been getting some shooting pains in the right side of my neck, and all of my muscles have felt like they are really tense the last couple of days. 

• Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

Hi Hellbutrin.  No, I was on nothing else. Took Wellbutrin 150 xl for 8.5 years.  Way too long!!!!!  I am not trying to scare you!  I have had it seems all symptoms!!!!  Psychological and physical, still do,  now, some days lighter, some not.  The healing is very slow.  This is the nature of the process.  Very gradual positive changes.  But, this is a non linear process as all have said and I am experiencing.   Yes, as you describe and feeling like chronic achy, sore muscles.  Lots of nerve hypersensitivity also, changes places.  How long were you on and dose?  Other drugs? 

1 hour ago, gigi63 said:

Hi Hellbutrin.  No, I was on nothing else. Took Wellbutrin 150 xl for 8.5 years.  Way too long!!!!!  I am not trying to scare you!  I have had it seems all symptoms!!!!  Psychological and physical, still do,  now, some days lighter, some not.  The healing is very slow.  This is the nature of the process.  Very gradual positive changes.  But, this is a non linear process as all have said and I am experiencing.   Yes, as you describe and feeling like chronic achy, sore muscles.  Lots of nerve hypersensitivity also, changes places.  How long were you on and dose?  Other drugs? 

Hi Gigi63,

My waves have been primarily psychological. I had a wave of suicidal depression during acute and during my third month. This was genuinely terrifying because I’d NEVER had those thoughts before. I was taking 75 mg immediate release once daily for a year and 8 months. But I’m not sure that the dosage or time frame really has any impact on healing, especially since I cold turkeyed. This is the only drug that I’ve ever taken. How extreme were your psychological symptoms? Are you able to feel occasional feelings of joy now? I can’t appreciate anything, and it makes the depression SO much worse 

Hi Hellbutrin,  I want to tell you that I believe your shorter duration on the drug INDEED will make a difference in a positive way.   I cannot prove this but, from all I have read over time, it does seem to matter.   Also, your dose is pretty low.  That is wonderful!!!  Also, only on-the one med ever, that is a plus.   Hellbutrin, all of those three points are huge and very important, at least I think so.  

You know, for me, I was only ever on the one drug but much longer.  The taper I was put on by my Dr and a pharmacist was horrible!!!  Didn’t know this at the time.  Had no idea I had become dependent, never even knew it was a possible.  

Hellbutrin, the psychological is indeed horrible.  I too have suffered it terrible. I think we all do.  Those neurotransmitters are all over the place and the healing going on is incredible.  We just cannot see it, we just feel it all!!!  And in the psychological pain it is so hard to think it will ever end.  But, like you, I am HOPING and PRAYING for the beautiful outcome all of those who have recovered tell us about.  

Yes, I do experience moments of joy in a window, but, even in a window, I am still not 100 percent me.  Anhedonia, sounds like you are experiencing this Hellbutrin.  Loss of pleasure in the things that normally brought us pleasure.  It seems like it was much worse last winter.  I still have it but it is so hard to tell You degrees.  

Hellbutrin, this is the most difficult ordeal I have lived and I have lived through some tough times.  I still can just cry in a heap some days because this journey has been so difficult and long.  I still have windows and waves.  Weird thing is I always have since the crash.  This path has not been linear just like they have all said.  It is hard to measure progress because when in a wave, feels like all the others.  Although, when I look back a year ago, I know there is improvement.  

Do you know Baylissa Frederick?   She is a beautiful survivor and counselor who now encourages all of us!!!!  Look her up.  

What is a morning cortisol spike?

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

1 hour ago, gigi63 said:

Hi Hellbutrin,  I want to tell you that I believe your shorter duration on the drug INDEED will make a difference in a positive way.   I cannot prove this but, from all I have read over time, it does seem to matter.   Also, your dose is pretty low.  That is wonderful!!!  Also, only on-the one med ever, that is a plus.   Hellbutrin, all of those three points are huge and very important, at least I think so.  

You know, for me, I was only ever on the one drug but much longer.  The taper I was put on by my Dr and a pharmacist was horrible!!!  Didn’t know this at the time.  Had no idea I had become dependent, never even knew it was a possible.  

Hellbutrin, the psychological is indeed horrible.  I too have suffered it terrible. I think we all do.  Those neurotransmitters are all over the place and the healing going on is incredible.  We just cannot see it, we just feel it all!!!  And in the psychological pain it is so hard to think it will ever end.  But, like you, I am HOPING and PRAYING for the beautiful outcome all of those who have recovered tell us about.  

Yes, I do experience moments of joy in a window, but, even in a window, I am still not 100 percent me.  Anhedonia, sounds like you are experiencing this Hellbutrin.  Loss of pleasure in the things that normally brought us pleasure.  It seems like it was much worse last winter.  I still have it but it is so hard to tell You degrees.  

Hellbutrin, this is the most difficult ordeal I have lived and I have lived through some tough times.  I still can just cry in a heap some days because this journey has been so difficult and long.  I still have windows and waves.  Weird thing is I always have since the crash.  This path has not been linear just like they have all said.  It is hard to measure progress because when in a wave, feels like all the others.  Although, when I look back a year ago, I know there is improvement.  

Do you know Baylissa Frederick?   She is a beautiful survivor and counselor who now encourages all of us!!!!  Look her up.  

Hi Gigi63,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. It helps so much to hear from others who are struggling through similar experiences. I hope that the short duration, low dosage and only taking one medication are all positive indication of the healing timeline that I'm looking at. I haven't seen much progress yet, but I've seen other first hand accounts that have reported that they turned the corner and noticed significant healing between 6-12 months. I pray that this is the case for me. 

I know that I am experiencing anhedonia. I got engaged when I was still on the meds, and I know that I haven't experienced the full range of satisfaction about my engagement due to being convoluted by the medication. My fiancee has been so supportive of me throughout this whole process, and I know that he would like to get the old me back. I'm hoping that in the next 6 months I will see a noticeable decrease in my depressive feelings and a return of my positive feelings that were once so familiar to me, and now seem like a distant memory. 

I'm very familiar with the windows and waves pattern. But I haven't had any windows, like you mentioned, where I have felt %100 back to the old me. I was a little unsure of myself and very anxious before I started taking the medication, but I was also a VERY happy positive person. I felt good about the trajectory of my life and I was able to reason that I was going in a positive direction with my future. Now I'm uncertain about EVERYTHING and it's all I can do just to get through each day. 

I haven't heard of Baylissa Frederick, but if she's as great as you mentioned then I will have to look her up.

Thanks for being such a positive presence on this site where there are so many people struggling. I hope that I can have the strength to provide support to those still suffering one day soon. 

1 hour ago, RealMe said:

What is a morning cortisol spike?

Your stress hormones (primarily cortisol to my understanding) are naturally higher in the morning when you wake up, so some people see an intensifying of their symptoms when they first wake up and refer to this as a cortisol spike. They are very unpleasant and some have reported that they have had positive results with using a magnesium supplement to help calm their nerves and muscles. I hope that answered your question, there are those on this site that can provide you with much more detailed information on the topic. 

Thank you, Hellbutrin.  I wake up with dread and deep sadness that I am still in a pained condition.  I guess that is a cortisol spike.  Does it include both restless, anxious agitation at one end and exhaustion and dread at the other?

I can't believe I was updosed from 150 bupropion to 300 after only one week.  Such insanity.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

Sorry Real Me. Tomorrow may be better. I was updosed, downdosed. and changed like crazy. I was taken down from 150 mg of effexor to 75 without a second thought. Taken from 75 mg to nothing in 2 weeks. Given one thing after another.  This is from an esteemed university. Who would believe this? 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

12 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Sorry Real Me. Tomorrow may be better. I was updosed, downdosed. and changed like crazy. I was taken down from 150 mg of effexor to 75 without a second thought. Taken from 75 mg to nothing in 2 weeks. Given one thing after another.  This is from an esteemed university. Who would believe this? 

It is absolute madness!!  What’s worse is these ‘ professionals ‘ don’t seem to want to know and understand.  This crap is not candy!!!!!  They toss this stuff around in absolute ignorance to the effects it has on the human brain and CNS!!!!

1 hour ago, Hellbutrin said:

Your stress hormones (primarily cortisol to my understanding) are naturally higher in the morning when you wake up, so some people see an intensifying of their symptoms when they first wake up and refer to this as a cortisol spike. They are very unpleasant and some have reported that they have had positive results with using a magnesium supplement to help calm their nerves and muscles. I hope that answered your question, there are those on this site that can provide you with much more detailed information on the topic. 

Nice explanation Hellbutrin.  Accurate!  One might also try a baby aspirin at bedtime. Studies have shown that low dose ibuprofen pre op, decreases cortisol post op, after stress of surgery. Also, somewhere on here Altostrata posted about baby Aspirin at bedtime decreases AM cortisol.  Something to do with the HPA axis.  I researched and read that Vitamin C at 3000mg dose decreased cortisol also.  I personally take 1500 mg time released Vit C twice daily. I had no problem with this but one has to be very careful with any supplement as they can have an adverse effect.  We are all so different and what might work for one, not for another. Magnesium had a paradoxical response in me.  Be very careful!  

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy