tezza

death

tezza

When will it end? We got a call from my husband's sis Wed. Eve. She wanted to let us know if we want to see her husband alive, we need to come this weekend! He's got cancer everywhere except his bones. In Sept. they thought he was fine. He fond out in the last couple of months. He's about 6'5"" and after losing 14 lbs in the last week, now weighs 106 lbs.

We plan to go visit and I'm worried about how it will affect me. I can't bear to watch the abused animal commercials. I've known him as far back as my earliest memories. He was a friend of my brother's. The brother I watched die less than a year ago, in my home. I can't "not go".

While my brother was here the three weeks leading up to his death, our other brother never called or came here. Neither did he come to the funeral home. When is it going to let up?

compsports

When will it end? We got a call from my husband's sis Wed. Eve. She wanted to let us know if we want to see her husband alive, we need to come this weekend! He's got cancer everywhere except his bones. In Sept. they thought he was fine. He fond out in the last couple of months. He's about 6'5"" and after losing 14 lbs in the last week, now weighs 106 lbs.

We plan to go visit and I'm worried about how it will affect me. I can't bear to watch the abused animal commercials. I've known him as far back as my earliest memories. He was a friend of my brother's. The brother I watched die less than a year ago, in my home. I can't "not go".

While my brother was here the three weeks leading up to his death, our other brother never called or came here. Neither did he come to the funeral home. When is it going to let up?

Oh Tessa, I am so sorry.

<<<Hugs>>>>>

CS

tezza

Thank you CS, I felt so bad for my brother because our other brother didn't come to see him. Two of my aunt's also passed last year. It seems like I'm surrounded by death.

My last superintendant was crushed by a Bobcat in 2009. A Bobcat I had used many times. The same day my brother died, my first superintendent died also, at age 39. He'd been living in another state but it was in our local newspaper since he'd lived here before. I still don't know how he died.

Oh Lord, I don't know how much more I can endure.

Barbarannamated

Oh Tezza! I just saw this. I can't imagine all that in such a short time. Last winter when I was tapering but unaware of withdrawal, a bunch of friends lost an elderly parent. Not unexpected or even my own family but - whew - I did not handle it well. In retrospect, I realize my emotions were raw due to drug change.

How are you doing? That is a tremendous amount of loss for the most stable nervous system, let alone one that is ultra sensitized.

Did you discuss this in your Introduction thread? It may be buried here. This is an extraordinary stress to hit at this time.

{{{HUGS}}}

Barb

Shanti

I didn't see this either. I totally feel for you, I can't imagine how hard this would be. Sending positive healing thoughts your way. (((Hugs)))

tezza

Thank you Barb and Shanti, I feel like I'm on a roller coaster, you know up and down. I'm trying really hard to just hang on.

Another man I've known for over 25 yrs was just told he has brain cancer ( fast growing ). It has to stop soon!

Lor95

I know how it is Tezza....in the last 2 years, which have been my absolute worst in terms of withdrawal, I have had my mother hospitalised with minor stroke, lost my beloved father (he did not die quickly or painlessly), lost a work colleague to pancreatic cancer, lost a beloved pet....and more. Ironically, more pain than I've come across ever in my life up until now.

You will make it through, my thoughts are with you.

xxxx

tezza

I'm so sorry for your losses, Lor. It doesn't make WD easy. My thoughts and prayers are with you also. Thank you for your kindness.

xxxxx

occupyingmyhealthcare

Hang in there Tez, sorry for your losses. omhc

Jemima

Oh, Tezza, what an awful time this must be. I think you are right in toughing it out and showing up for your brother-in-law's last moments. May God bless you for your courage. In the long run, you'll be glad you did the right thing.

tezza

Thank you OMH and Jemima, I saw my brother-in-law twice. He passed away last night ... please pray for the family. God bless you for caring

Barbarannamated

Tezza, my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm so sad for you. Barb