SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

cmm1180: Tramadol only withdrawal

cmm1180

@cmm1180

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm 10 months off Prozac after essentially 14 years on SSRIs. I have felt and do feel many of the same sxs that you have. Every one. I totally relate to the process of eating something and within seconds it making me severely depressed, panicked, dp/dr, fatigued, crazy feeling. Not a mental thing but a purely physical, weird food reaction that boggles the mind. I've largely gotten through the worst of that (it was the worst in benzo wd, but has been bad at times now too). I'm sorry. It's horrible. Just know I've been there. As far as kidneys and electrolytes, I had some bad kidney problems and have spent months drinking a bunch of parsley tea, celery, and other kidney supporting, cleansing herbs and they are functioning far better and my electrolytes are good. I've found raw celery, juiced greens and veggies, and coconut water to help a lot with upping the electrolytes levels. Raw apple cider vinegar has helped too. Look into the herbs that support kidney health as they completely turned around my urinary tract health. Hang in there.

Took Accutane in 2007 at age 19 and a severe reaction to it threw me into Psychiatry's dirty hands. Suffered through a number of c/t's, rapid tapers, drug switches, reinstatements before finally figuring out what was happening to me in 2012 after checking out of psych hospital with a prescription for Ativan and Prozac. (Went in because was unknowingly in Xanax c/t wd and dying at the time from it).

May 2016 - Last dose of Valium after 2 year long taper from 15mg

June 2017- Last dose of the corticosteroid Hydrocortisone after taper

July 2019- Last dose of Prozac after 2 year long taper from 30mg

Was on Accutane, Lexapro, Celexa, Xanax, Ativan, Prozac, Hydrocorisone, Valium, and thyroid meds when none of them were needed. Still recovering to this day and hope to be healed in the coming months, but taking it one day at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

It is now June 15th and I am still mentally suffering from the reaction to tylenol. Food part is much better mostly because I have to eat. It is not a choice. So I suffer through the mental symptoms that the food induces. Metabolic acidosis has remitted, I am gaining weight slowly, electrolytes in order, and the hemolytic issues have resolved as well. However, the mental torture is worse than ever. I have bombarding memories that seem to be triggered by everything. Memories from all of my life that I have not thought about in years. They make me feel like I am that person again and in that situation still. The dp/dr is awful and I do not feel like myself at all. My house seems foreign to me and I feel like I am living in a bubble with the world going on around me most of the time. I had some what I now know was "minor" dp/dr before but this is awful. And the memories are awful. Even what should be good ones trigger fear and anxiety bc of the dp/dr. Wondering how long this will take to pass. I never had this during baseline withdrawal. 

I am getting some minor windows...seems like every other day, but even so they are not what my baseline original withdrawal was like. My baseline withdrawal was fairly linear as well. It just got a little better steadily over time. This back and forth makes you even more crazy. This was definitely brought on by the tylenol as I am "healthy" now otherwise.

Physically, I still have anxiety (from the mental stuff), burning in my feet every now and then, what I think is brain fog, and intermittent dizziness. 

Anyone with similar bombarding memories issue? If so, how long did it last for you?

I spoke too soon on the every other day window. I have had the WORST day yet today. Everything seems unreal and I have absolutely no attachment to anything. I can usually look at pics or videos of my kids, etc and feel a little better but that is bot working at all. And every wave I have seems stronger and worse off than the one before it.

• Moderator Emeritus

The covid situation may be causing more stress for you and that may be why your symptoms have worsened.  Over the last few months we have other members here posting that they have been experiencing unexpected and/or worse waves.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management