Nubl: PWS

Blogs
I’m 73 yrs old and 
have always had a mild form of general anxiety for years. My nightmare started after hip replacement surgery in 2015. A month later, I had a stroke that mildly affected the right side of my body including hand, arm, leg, and a temporary right eye visual obstruction. Because of  my age Imipramine & Cymbalta caused an irregular heart rhythm. The next drug I tried was Zoloft. It gave me severe anxiety, fear, panic, lightheadedness, and insomnia. After a roller coaster ride of dosage adjustments and 15 months later,  I decided to taper off Zoloft and got off in March of 2017. As I was weaning off this terrible drug, I developed a right hand tremor and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Again, anti-depressants were prescribed to treat my ongoing symptoms of anxiety, fear, panic, etc. I started taking Paxil and reached the dose of 40 mg without any relief and  my tremor has worsen. I was feeling great before the surgery! It’s been almost 3 years  and no one has been able to help me get rid of these symptoms. I appreciate your feedback and any similar experiences you may want to share.

Nubl

• ChessieCat changed the title to Nubi: PWS

Has anyone experienced light headed ness for a prolonged period of time?

I’m approaching 3 years. I started ssri’s about that time. They come and go. Also anxiety is an issue. 

Any help would be appreciated very much 

NUBL

• Administrator

Welcome, Nubi.

I am sorry you've had such a hard time.

There is such a thing as drug-induced Parkinsonism. Have these tremors gotten worse over time? How about your other symptoms? Are they worse sometimes and not others?

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Nubl: PWS
  • 7 months later...

one year on Zoloft, then one year on Paxil. Now off Paxil for 8 months. Have lightheadedness for over three years. It all started with Zoloft. Today is 8 months free of ssri’s.  Any thoughts about blurred vision, and lightheadedness?

nubl

Edited by ChessieCat
change sign off name to match member name
  • Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on this site.  I like to use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  For example, I searched blurred:

vision-symptoms-floaters-snow-blurreddimmed-vision-twitching-and-pain

And dizzy:

dizziness-vertigo-light-headedness-rocking-or-swaying-sensations

Did you see Alto's response about magnesium and fish oil above?

This is your Introduction topic and is the place to ask questions about your own situation and to journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, Altostrata said:

There is such a thing as drug-induced Parkinsonism.

Alto posted the above on 30th May this year.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post to this topic (click arrow top right of quote to go to it):

3 hours ago, Nubl said:

Have been off Paxil for 10 months, am. Stilll light headed. Anyone else feel the same?

nubl

• 2 years later...

How much time  is required to feel normal after stopping ssris ? I was on Paxil,Zoloft for three years. I taper slowly. Going on three years now. Lightheadedness every day for past 3 years. Does this go away?

nubl

Edited by getofflex
merged into original intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

This is your personal thread to ask questions and make comments about your recovery from psych drugs.  We like to keep it all in one thread so that there is one place where we can read your history, and best help you.  Thank you. 

@NublFirst of all, can you please give us specific information about your drug history?  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

This link talks at length about the question your asked.  

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take

The lightheadedness you describe could be depersonalization or derealization.  This goes into it more in detail. 

Derealization or Depersonalization

Congratulations for getting off of the drugs.  That is a big accomplishment.   

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• 4 months later...

Lightheadedness

Off SSRIs- Cymbalta, Zoloft, Paxil for 3 years. Lightheadedness started at same time and never subsided. Does anyone else have the same symptoms?

Thank you. Nubl

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic
  • 1 month later...

Should alcohol be avoided when tapering off ssri’s?

Off Paxil for three years. I still have some issues with PWS. I drink about 4 ounces of wine every evening. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this matter?

NUBL

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on SA.  I like to use a search engine and add site: survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

There are topics about lightheadedness and alcohol.  If you do a search for these individually the topics will be in the search results.