SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

nomoredope: “Stuck” Don’t know where to begin...

nomoredope

Hello everyone! I am 37 years old. I was always a very sensitive person. When I was 15 I tried marijuana and had a severe panic attack. I then developed GAD, OCD, Agoraphobia, and of course depression. Long story short I ended up on meds I did not need for too long. Now I am a shell of myself and numb emotionally. “They” just want to ad more drugs. I now have the power of research and I want OFF! I think Depakote should be the first to go. Is anybody tapering Depakote? Any suggestions and support one way or another would be wonderful thanks! 

Depakote Er 1000 mg, Zoloft 100mg, Valium 10mgs. On “cocktail” 20 years. Started off with panic attacks after marijuana use as a teen, developed OCD. I started all of my meds in March of 1999. 

• Petunia changed the title to nomoredope: “Stuck” Don’t know where to begin...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to SA.

I'm glad you made the decision to come off and are doing so in an informed way.

Many of us here were on meds for a very long time and are able to come off and heal, even from multiple drugs and/or many years of taking meds.

Thanks for creating a signature stating what you're currently taking.

Could you please add the dates (month/year if possible) for when you began the Depakote, Zoloft and Valium?

A few topics that could be useful are: 

First things first: Deciding which to taper first when taking multiple meds:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2207-taking-multiple-psych-drugs-which-drug-to-taper-first/

Please enter *all* the drugs you are taking into this drug interactions checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

and paste the results into this topic. 

Knowing if there are any severe interactions between the drugs you're taking can help determine which to taper first. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1008-before-you-begin-tapering-what-you-need-to-know/

This thread talks about the importance of self-managing symptoms for which we began taking the meds in the first place, which is often important.

Those few will get you started, and we can take it from there. 

Again, welcome!

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hello thank you for having me. How do put the dates of when I started the meds?

Depakote Er 1000 mg, Zoloft 100mg, Valium 10mgs. On “cocktail” 20 years. Started off with panic attacks after marijuana use as a teen, developed OCD. I started all of my meds in March of 1999. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Look at my signature.  That'll give you an idea how to put the dates in.  Here's the link to your signature:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Ty

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

How are you doing, nmd?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.