Anubhav: Lexapro cold turkey

Anubhav

Hey Guys, m 24 years old.... I was prescribed escitalopram in 2014 10mg,then after my dose was reduced to 5mg...So in December 2017 I quit it without tapering, which m now learning was a big mistake.....

Everything was fine till February 5th when I had my breakup.... Suddenly my brain started behaving differently..... I started feeling like everything is Getting away from me.... Anxiety came back.... Slowly slowly symptoms began to get worse.... I used to wake up in the middle of the night, felt like crying most of the time, loose motion, sweaty hands, chronic fatigue....

Now from the last three weeks I feel like my memory is fading, it's like I don't remember all these years wt actually happened, I do remember most of the things but it just feels like I don't remember them with all the feel....

So last week I went to see my psychiatrist and he said it's a relapse case.... I told him maybe it's the withdrawal symptom then he said they only last for 10-15 days..... AND told me to get back on 10mg again.... At night I took my first dose of 10mg, the next day in morning I started shivering and feeling cold..... I went to pee and felt like m gonna faint.... There was a burning sensation under the skin of my arms and back..... I decided not to take these meds....

So m asking you guys wt is the best thing for me to do now.... Should I reinstate with the small dose and then taper it down or just hope that everything gets better with time? 

Edited by Songbird
make paragraphs

Started escitalopram 10mg in March 2014,then reduced to 5mg....quit it in September 2016 CT...Had a withdrawal, was put again on 10mg one month later....

Again was reduced to 5mg then I Quit it again in December 2017 CT.... Started Having Withdrawals Since Feb 2018...

Doc reinstated me on 10mg of escitalopram on May 26 had a aDverse reaction...Stopped reinstatement

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

• ChessieCat changed the title to Anubhav: Lexapro cold turkey
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Anubhav, welcome to SA!  If your psychiatrist was right and withdrawal lasted only 10-15 days, there would be no need for this site.  Unfortunately, doctors have a lot of wrong ideas about anti-depressants.  It is very common for withdrawal to be diagnosed as "relapse".

It would be helpful if you could create a signature with your med history, including all drugs, doses and dates (starting and stopping).  You can edit your signature under your Account Settings.  See this topic for more info: Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Reinstatement tends to work better when done sooner.  After six months, your system has done a lot of re-adapting, so reinstating may not work, and there is a higher chance of adverse reactions occurring.  Trying to reinstate the full dose was too much for your system to handle - it would probably be better to start with a very small dose (e.g. 1mg) to see how your system handles it.  If you're really struggling with withdrawal symptoms and finding it hard to cope, then reinstatement of a very small dose might be worth a try.  If you feel like your system has done some healing already and are coping reasonably well, then you might decide to just stay off and let your system continue sorting things out.

Please see this topic for more information about reinstating:  about reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.  

I have a few questions to help us understand your situation.  You say you used to wake up in the middle of the night, felt like crying most of the time, loose motion, sweaty hands, chronic fatigue - have these symptoms recently improved, worsened or stayed the same?  What symptoms have you had in the past three weeks other than memory problems?  How many days ago did you try the 10mg?  Do you still have the adverse effects from that dose, or have they subsided?

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

4 hours ago, Songbird said:

Hi Anubhav, welcome to SA!  If your psychiatrist was right and withdrawal lasted only 10-15 days, there would be no need for this site.  Unfortunately, doctors have a lot of wrong ideas about anti-depressants.  It is very common for withdrawal to be diagnosed as "relapse".

It would be helpful if you could create a signature with your med history, including all drugs, doses and dates (starting and stopping).  You can edit your signature under your Account Settings.  See this topic for more info: Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Reinstatement tends to work better when done sooner.  After six months, your system has done a lot of re-adapting, so reinstating may not work, and there is a higher chance of adverse reactions occurring.  Trying to reinstate the full dose was too much for your system to handle - it would probably be better to start with a very small dose (e.g. 1mg) to see how your system handles it.  If you're really struggling with withdrawal symptoms and finding it hard to cope, then reinstatement of a very small dose might be worth a try.  If you feel like your system has done some healing already and are coping reasonably well, then you might decide to just stay off and let your system continue sorting things out.

Please see this topic for more information about reinstating:  about reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.  

I have a few questions to help us understand your situation.  You say you used to wake up in the middle of the night, felt like crying most of the time, loose motion, sweaty hands, chronic fatigue - have these symptoms recently improved, worsened or stayed the same?  What symptoms have you had in the past three weeks other than memory problems?  How many days ago did you try the 10mg?  Do you still have the adverse effects from that dose, or have they subsided?

Symptoms I Had Before : Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Major Anxiety About Everything, Sweaty Hands, Dry Mouth, Loose Motion, Crying Over Small Issues, Heart Palpitations, Waking up in the middle of Night, Headache

Symptoms I have Now : Fatigue, Dry Mouth Not As Bad As Before, Trouble Sleeping, Memory Loss, Cannot cope up with My Studies, Headache

ABOUT Taking 10mg : I took it on 26th May at Night around 11pm, the next day (27th May) In morning I started shivering And I woke up at 6am.... Suddenly had a bad stomach And while taking a dump I felt like m going to faint, Had a 2 glass of water With Glucose and felt better... But the whole day was a mess, had burning sensation over my body, loose motions, crazy thoughts like wt if I become a mass murderer and ol

So I decided that 10mg is quite a high dose for me as I feel weak also, so I decided to take 5mg on 27th may at night, 5mg was okay but I felt anxious throughout the next day, So I decided I won't take them anymore!! 

Last 3-4 days have been quite weird, few positive things and few negative things. 

Positive Things : Feeling more like myself, Brain Fog is not there, Sleeping quite well at Night

Negative Things : anxiety does hit me if I think about my future, constipation

Do you think the positive things m feeling is because of the last 2 pills I took, coz my brain was more alert when I took 10mg or 5mg of escitalopram... 

Anyways Things M doing to cope up with my withdrawals are

1. Taking ashwagandharishta and sarasvatarishta for my Anxiety (both are Ayurvedic tonic) 

2. Eating Almonds, taking flax seed oil

3. Taking a walk 

4. Taking medha Vati for my insomnia 

Started escitalopram 10mg in March 2014,then reduced to 5mg....quit it in September 2016 CT...Had a withdrawal, was put again on 10mg one month later....

Again was reduced to 5mg then I Quit it again in December 2017 CT.... Started Having Withdrawals Since Feb 2018...

Doc reinstated me on 10mg of escitalopram on May 26 had a aDverse reaction...Stopped reinstatement

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

@Anubhav

Hi,

I am sorry for what you are going through.  Your location says you are in Mumbai now... well I was also there when were on drugs and was seeing an idiot there for 2+ yrs. I will not go into my story,  but only that they made me  1000 times worse.

What your doctor says is not correct... and they wont agree and will treat you like a fool if you talk withdrawal to them. 

You can also hear that- 

no drug remain in the body after 6 weeks, even the heroine withdrawal is maximum 6 weeks - 

I had to hear that.

10 hours ago, Songbird said:

Reinstatement tends to work better when done sooner

Yes, you  should try it sooner that means as early you try, you would not get adverse effects.

10 hours ago, Songbird said:

Trying to reinstate the full dose was too much for your system to handle - it would probably be better to start with a very small dose (e.g. 1mg) to see how your system handles it.

Great advice.. small dose and see.

Titrate up if necessary slowly like 2mg, 2.5mg... till you get symptoms alleviated.

What you suffering is cold turkey symptoms which is far worse than tapering medicine.?

I am still suffering but can assure you that you will get better. 

You will get great advice here from mods.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
On 6/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, Songbird said:

Something wrong with Anubhav's account.

He is replying to you  and Bhasski ,but it is  not showing up here.

As he said.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Anubhav,

Your post is showing up now.

It sounds to me like you have been improving since stopping the medication again, even though you did have some improvements from 5mg. That indicates to me that a lower dose might help more, but even if you don't reinstate again, you will recover.

Do you feel you are able to manage the symptoms you have now? You will recover, but it could take a while before you are feeling completely back to your old self. You need to decide if you want to stay off the drug now and wait to recover, knowing that recovery usually happens in a windows and waves kind of pattern. You may start to feel a little worse again before some more improvements.

Or would you prefer to try reinstating a lower dose, perhaps 1mg, then waiting to stabilize and begin a taper from that.

Please read through the reinstatement topic that Songbird gave you, it has important information about what to expect from reinstatement and will help you decide what to do.

Here is our escitalopram tapering topic with information about how to take a small dose and tips for tapering it safely when you are ready if you decide to go that route:

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.

Many people find  fish oil and magnesium helpful, see King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

22 hours ago, Anubhav said:

Negative Things : anxiety does hit me if I think about my future, constipation

When thoughts about your future come into your mind, notice them and send them away, you can deal with your future when it happens. Magnesium often helps with constipation.

If you have more questions, please ask them here in your thread. Let us know what you decide to do.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

2 hours ago, Petunia said:

Hi Anubhav,

Your post is showing up now.

It sounds to me like you have been improving since stopping the medication again, even though you did have some improvements from 5mg. That indicates to me that a lower dose might help more, but even if you don't reinstate again, you will recover.

Do you feel you are able to manage the symptoms you have now? You will recover, but it could take a while before you are feeling completely back to your old self. You need to decide if you want to stay off the drug now and wait to recover, knowing that recovery usually happens in a windows and waves kind of pattern. You may start to feel a little worse again before some more improvements.

Or would you prefer to try reinstating a lower dose, perhaps 1mg, then waiting to stabilize and begin a taper from that.

Please read through the reinstatement topic that Songbird gave you, it has important information about what to expect from reinstatement and will help you decide what to do.

Here is our escitalopram tapering topic with information about how to take a small dose and tips for tapering it safely when you are ready if you decide to go that route:

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.

Many people find  fish oil and magnesium helpful, see King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

When thoughts about your future come into your mind, notice them and send them away, you can deal with your future when it happens. Magnesium often helps with constipation.

If you have more questions, please ask them here in your thread. Let us know what you decide to do.

I don't want to get on these SSRI's ever.... 

Anyways the only withdrawal symptom that worries me is lack of learning skills,  weak memory and loss of concentration .... M not able to learn new things otherwise other symptoms are manageable.... Do you think this symptom will also subside slowly? 

One more thing I smoke cigarettes once a day.... Should I quit smoking? 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

@Petunia M thinking of reinstating at 1.25mg today, will let you guys know abt it

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Anubhav said:

One more thing I smoke cigarettes once a day.... Should I quit smoking? 

8 minutes ago, Anubhav said:

thinking of reinstating at 1.25mg today

It's best to only make 1 change at a time so that you know what is causing any issues if they happen.  If you reinstate and stop smoking at the same time and you develop (for example) irritability/anxiety you won't know if it from the reinstatement or if it was from stopping smoking.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On 6/1/2018 at 7:20 PM, Anubhav said:

Hi Anubhav

I am Very glad to see you are getting so much help and real quick response from the  Kind Moderators

Mr Bhasski is very supportive person.

How is sleep with Medhavati?

Did you experience sleep disturbances with dreams in withdrawal ,before using Medhavati?

How is sleep and dreams now with Medhavati?

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/2/2018 at 1:50 AM, Anubhav said:

Anyways Things M doing to cope up with my withdrawals are

1. Taking ashwagandharishta and sarasvatarishta for my Anxiety (both are Ayurvedic tonic) 

2. Eating Almonds, taking flax seed oil

3. Taking a walk 

Hi Anubhav - I don't have experience with Ayurvedic medicine so I'm not familiar with these formulations.  Are you experienced with Ayurveda or consulting someone who is? 

These formulations contain dozens of herbal ingredients.  These ones have some of the same ingredients so you could be getting a double or triple dose of some of these herbs.  Do you know whether these formulations are safe to be used together?  If any problems develop, there are so many ingredients that it would be impossible to tell which were causing problems.  Also during withdrawal our bodies may not respond to herbs and supplements in the "normal" way. 

When did you start taking these formulations?  Have you found them helpful for your withdrawal symptoms?

There is some discussion here about ashwagandha and bacopa:

ashwagandha herb for anxiety stress and toxic overload

bacopa or water hyssop supplement

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

6 hours ago, rupa said:

Hi Anubhav

I am Very glad to see you are getting so much help and real quick response from the  Kind Moderators

Mr Bhasski is very supportive person.

How is sleep with Medhavati?

Did you experience sleep disturbances with dreams in withdrawal ,before using Medhavati?

How is sleep and dreams now with Medhavati?

Well I did had troubles sleeping during my withdrawal, I used to have weird dreams and used to wake up with a shock kinda feeling in my brain..... My sleep from the last week is kinda good, no weird dreams..... I think it will help you coz it worked for me.... Take 2 tablets after dinner and after breakfast

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

6 hours ago, Songbird said:

These formulations contain dozens of herbal ingredients.  These ones have some of the same ingredients so you could be getting a double or triple dose of some of these herbs.  Do you know whether these formulations are safe to be used together?  If any problems develop, there are so many ingredients that it would be impossible to tell which were causing problems.  Also during withdrawal our bodies may not respond to herbs and supplements in the "normal" way. 

Man now m confused AF :( , Idk now wt really is helping me out, is it Ayurveda or my body is only healing itself.... So during my withdrawal I was acting like a maniac.... Anxiety was hitting me up real bad... So I went to see a Ayurvedic Practitioner (also known as Vaidya Ji)..... I told him that m having this Anxiety And ol, so he told me to take ashwagandharishta and sarasvatarishta together..... So I started taking these two together from 18th March 2018, and I have been taking them since.... As it is believed that Ayurveda doesn't gives you a instant relief, it takes time.

So now from having a sweaty hands and feet, having anxiety about everything even meeting people..... I have come to a point where now I don't have sweaty hands and feet neither I have anxiety....Its not like From 18 March to today, I was all consistent.... I did have episodes of anxiety, heart palpitations, sleep troubles, random thoughts but from the last one week they are gone completely......

The only new symptom I have seen from last 3 weeks is that m not able to remember things properly 

One more thing I have been experiencing this waves and windows throughout my withdrawal, every single day.... It's just from the last one week m much better just having memory issues

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

• Moderator Emeritus

Anubhav, I did not mean to freak you out.  I have no experience with Ayurveda myself.  If you are seeing a competent practitioner and you have experienced relief from symptoms then it would seem the formulations are helping your recovery.  I mentioned it because some people react badly to herbal medicines in withdrawal, so caution is advised.  If they have helped you, that's great!  The remaining symptoms may resolve in time as your body gradually recovers.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

20 hours ago, Anubhav said:

Well I did had troubles sleeping during my withdrawal, I used to have weird dreams and used to wake up with a shock kinda feeling in my brain..... My sleep from the last week is kinda good, no weird dreams..... I think it will help you coz it worked for me.... Take 2 tablets after dinner and after breakfast

Very good to know Anubhav.

Please update your signature with all the Ayurvedic medicines you are using now,its uses  and its timings.

It may help others.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay now this is getting really frustrating.... I can't just solve normal problems...I can't handle stress.... My body goes numb, when stressful situation comes... Short Term Memory Is ****** Up

Edited by Songbird
masked expletive

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

Okay guys I have been working out from last 4 days.... Lifting some weights not Soo heavy though.... From yesterday I have this ringing sound in my ears

M quite confused, should I reinstate or not.... As the days are passing by m running out of time

Symptoms I have right now are

Loss of memory 

Loss of emotions 

Ringing in ears

Just not feeling myself

M scared about reinstating also, as many people have had adverse reactions to it.... And wt if I become more miserable :(

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

@Anubhav

Try the simple recipe that rupa has recommended me. It has a good effect on me.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • 2 weeks later...

M taking Itraconazole..... Is it safe during withdrawals? 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

M not able to get a proper erection from the last week.... Morning erection is also gone

Is it Pssd.... Did not have this issue until now 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

@bhasski Bhasski Bhaiya when will it get over..... I feel like crying, 😢

This new symptom is killing me 😢

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

Is it possible to get Pssd symptom after 6 months in withdrawal? 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

@Altostrata @Petunia Should we avoid taking Antifungal medicines during withdrawals? 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

• Administrator

What kind of antifungal medication? Use the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

to see interactions with your current drugs, also read the side effects on drugs.com.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:51 PM, Altostrata said:

What kind of antifungal medication? Use the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

to see interactions with your current drugs, also read the side effects on drugs.com.

Okay guys what's Kindling, my Psychiatrist prescribed me 10 MG of escitalopram after I was 6 months off drugs, I did take 10 MG of escitalopram but the next day I started shivering and felt like m gonna faint..... What's a kindled brain, have I kindled my self

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

Wtf is Kindling, I see lot of people write that I have kindled myself, my brain is kindled etc etc.... Can Nyone plzzz explain me wts kindling? 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

• Administrator

"Kindling" means the drug causes too much stimulation. You had this kind of reaction. Many people here have had it, too, and recovered from it. You need to let your nervous system settle down.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

"Kindling" means the drug causes too much stimulation. You had this kind of reaction. Many people here have had it, too, and recovered from it. You need to let your nervous system settle down.

Thank You :)

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

Wowwwww The Only Girl I love is walking away from my life And I have to let her go because of this withdrawal I can't feel anything and I can't make an effort to make her stay as Stress makes my Symptoms even Worse..... As people only think it's just in my mind and I love being lazy or not trying hard enough.....

Is this really happening 

6 months before I had everything 

A loving Gf

Good Friends 

Lots of energy and creativity 

Was Doing YouTube, Photography, Giving Auditions 

And Now Everything Is Gone 

Now m left with Apathy, Body pain, cognitive issues, Anxiety And wt not

This withdrawal is Giving Me Many Life Lessons..... I hope this suffering is worth Something 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

Okay From 2 days I have not slept...... Symptoms have gone worse.... Diarrhea, vomiting 

Over thinking about my thoughts, just can't trust my thoughts anymore.... 

Last night I texted my gf but then I realized that it's my anxious brain so I decided to delete that msg but somehow she read it and reacted in a rude way and then we had a argument 

Now again m over thinking about how can I make her understand that I didn't mean it and it was just my anxious brain... As she doesn't want to talk to me anymore and said I have always been like this :(

M sorry if m putting this over here.... But I want to make sure to write my every struggle.... So that the day I heal, I can look back and realize wt hell I have been through!! 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

On 7/12/2018 at 6:11 AM, Anubhav said:

Wowwwww The Only Girl I love is walking away from my life And I have to let her go because of this withdrawal I can't feel anything and I can't make an effort to make her stay as Stress makes my Symptoms even Worse..... As people only think it's just in my mind and I love being lazy or not trying hard enough.....

Is this really happening 

6 months before I had everything 

A loving Gf

Good Friends 

Lots of energy and creativity 

Was Doing YouTube, Photography, Giving Auditions 

And Now Everything Is Gone 

Now m left with Apathy, Body pain, cognitive issues, Anxiety And wt not

This withdrawal is Giving Me Many Life Lessons..... I hope this suffering is worth Something 

I hear you.. I'm going on two years of no feelings and the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I was in tears last night looking back at pictures of me and my boyfriend from when we were so happy and my heart aches that I can't feel that anymore. It's so unfair what these pills can do to a person and relationships. 

End of August 2015 was put on 10mg Lexapro for anxiety.

Quit cold turkey in June 2016.

Reinstated 5 mg of Lexapro November 2016. I took 5 mg for 3 months and I tapered 10% every month with a few holds in between. I made the drop to 0 September 2018 and I've been completely off meds for a month. 

2 hours ago, sadandconfused said:

I hear you.. I'm going on two years of no feelings and the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I was in tears last night looking back at pictures of me and my boyfriend from when we were so happy and my heart aches that I can't feel that anymore. It's so unfair what these pills can do to a person and relationships. 

I know the feeling, terrible mood swings puts a lot of pressure on a relationship.

I'm up and down like a yo yo.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

3 hours ago, sadandconfused said:

Yeah I literally feel like a Bipolar.... One moment m okay then one moment I feel sooo miserable.... One moment m just numb and next moment m full of emotions and overthinking 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

I know the feeling, terrible mood swings puts a lot of pressure on a relationship.

I'm up and down like a yo yo.

Yeah and it's quite difficult for the other person to understand why he's feeling like this

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3

1 minute ago, Anubhav said:

Yeah and it's quite difficult for the other person to understand why he's feeling like this

Add to that hormonal imbalances, and its even better 😪

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

20 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Add to that hormonal imbalances, and its even better 😪

Hahaha....

Happy Healing to you, I see a small star just next to your topic 😊 

Still Off Meds

Now taking :

Omega 3