Steve61: Dosulepin withdrawal

Steve61

It’s not getting much easier just lately. I think that I’m stabilising and then I’m not. It’s like small windows that last an hour or two and then gone. Symptoms include, aches and pains, exhaustion to the point where a I have had to stop lifting weights ( which I do for the feel good factor ),waking up with anxiety that is difficult to get rid of. The worst symptom by far is the mind playing tricks on me. At least I am aware of it but when I am in the middle of it , it can take over. Intense paranoia to the point where I don’t want to go out if the house. Lack of confidence. Going into myself to the point where I don’t like being touched, even by my partner. 

Meditation and acceptance are my two big coping strategies at the moment. One day at a time. I really want to do this. I’m not giving up. I want to be drug free but it is proving to be very,very hard !!

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve61

• Carmie

• powerback

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steve61 said:

It’s not getting much easier just lately. I think that I’m stabilising and then I’m not. It’s like small windows that last an hour or two and then gone. Symptoms include, aches and pains, exhaustion to the point where a I have had to stop lifting weights ( which I do for the feel good factor ),waking up with anxiety that is difficult to get rid of. The worst symptom by far is the mind playing tricks on me. At least I am aware of it but when I am in the middle of it , it can take over. Intense paranoia to the point where I don’t want to go out if the house. Lack of confidence. Going into myself to the point where I don’t like being touched, even by my partner. 

Meditation and acceptance are my two big coping strategies at the moment. One day at a time. I really want to do this. I’m not giving up. I want to be drug free but it is proving to be very,very hard !!

Steve

Ouch steve I feel for you ,I have it all and the not wanting to be touched is horrible ,I had that intensly ,it will settle down .

When its this bad appease it ,dont go out if it suits you .stop lifting the weights ,your stressing your system out or at least reduce it.

If your over doing it and not replenishing properly your causing trouble for your body .

I suggest explaining the not being touched to your partner ,eventually it becomes about them and thats not the case.

Its all the mind playing tricks ss you say ,dont beleive it.

Take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks PB, that’s why this site is so great. You understand. You’ve been there. I appreciate the support. I have  stopped the weights. I’m trying to let my body heal . It’s full of aches and pains. I feel about 90 !!!!   I know everything passes PB. I’ve just got to be patient. 

I was due to taper about 2 weeks ago and I keep putting it off. I can’t heap any more stress on myself at the moment. 

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Still in the middle of a great big wave ! Don’t know if the little windows help. They only last a few hours but I get full of hope that I am stabilising and then the window disappears and I’m back to the anxiety and depression. The depression is growing , which is worrying. I am back to thinking that my original symptoms are returning. I know from all the helpful people on this site that it is not true. Just my wd’s. So at the moment I have a list of wd symptoms. Exhaustion and aches and pains, anxiety, depression, lack of confidence, severe social anxiety, paranoia, sensitivity to noise (which comes and goes) and I don’t like physical contact.

How anyone does this and works or manages to keep a family together......

.....well they have my utmost admiration. I’m retiired,just me and my partner at home and she is very,very patient and understanding and I am still struggling. Oh well, I must keep it in the day.

Steve

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Steve61 said:

Still in the middle of a great big wave ! Don’t know if the little windows help. They only last a few hours but I get full of hope that I am stabilising and then the window disappears and I’m back to the anxiety and depression. The depression is growing , which is worrying. I am back to thinking that my original symptoms are returning. I know from all the helpful people on this site that it is not true. Just my wd’s. So at the moment I have a list of wd symptoms. Exhaustion and aches and pains, anxiety, depression, lack of confidence, severe social anxiety, paranoia, sensitivity to noise (which comes and goes) and I don’t like physical contact.

How anyone does this and works or manages to keep a family together......

.....well they have my utmost admiration. I’m retiired,just me and my partner at home and she is very,very patient and understanding and I am still struggling. Oh well, I must keep it in the day.

Steve

Hi Steve, 

Just checking in to see how you’re doing. Thanks for dropping over to my thread. Are you still going through big waves or have you been getting some more windows?

Im sorry you have so many sensitivities at the moment. It must be hard feeling social anxiety, I don’t have it as such but I do need a lot of time to myself. I can usually put on a good front around people even if I’m in a wave, but if the wave is extremely bad it’s hard to try n be bubbly n upbeat. My friends take me as I come n I’m very fortunate to have many good friends. 

When im really anhedonic I can still be bubbly around people even though I feel numb inside. I think it’s the extrovert in me, it’s my natural personality. I love adventures n learning and doing new things. I have major curiosity. That sounds like an illness😂

Im sorry you find it hard to listen to music too. Music had helped me through so many bad waves, though there are lots of times I don’t feel like having noise around me. 

That’s sad you have paranoia too. How does it manifest?

Hope you cope as best you can today, take care 💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi, Carmie. Thanks for dropping by. It is appreciated. My paranoia makes it very difficult for me to get close to people. I think that everyone has an agenda, I think that people are talking about me behind my back, laughing at me , making fun of me. It goes hand in hand with social anxiety. I can’t blame it all on the wd’s but the wd’s have brought it to the surface, made it raw, made it 1000 times worse.  The exhaustion is probably the worst symptom:at the moment. Not to the extent that you have it but a big deal for me. I have always relaxed and felt generally better after lifting weights, at the moment, I just cannot do it. Haven’t been able to for the last 3 weeks. I’ve always loved to travel and we are due a holiday but I cannot be bothered to plan one at the moment. It’s all a bit of a struggle. 

Trying to finish on a positive note - I am experiencing more windows as the time goes on. At first they were very brief and not very clear but yesterday I had a window that lasted a few hours and was the best that I had felt for about a month. I haven’t got it today but it has given me a bit more hope.

Steve

7 hours ago, Steve61 said:

Hi, Carmie. Thanks for dropping by. It is appreciated. My paranoia makes it very difficult for me to get close to people. I think that everyone has an agenda, I think that people are talking about me behind my back, laughing at me , making fun of me. It goes hand in hand with social anxiety. I can’t blame it all on the wd’s but the wd’s have brought it to the surface, made it raw, made it 1000 times worse.  The exhaustion is probably the worst symptom:at the moment. Not to the extent that you have it but a big deal for me. I have always relaxed and felt generally better after lifting weights, at the moment, I just cannot do it. Haven’t been able to for the last 3 weeks. I’ve always loved to travel and we are due a holiday but I cannot be bothered to plan one at the moment. It’s all a bit of a struggle. 

Trying to finish on a positive note - I am experiencing more windows as the time goes on. At first they were very brief and not very clear but yesterday I had a window that lasted a few hours and was the best that I had felt for about a month. I haven’t got it today but it has given me a bit more hope.

Steve

Doing a lot of telling myself to shut up lately Steve  ,I can relate to what you say surrounding paranoia ,I have it bad but constantly using mindfulness to reassure myself .it must have something to do with a fractured ego ,but mostly its anxiety ,it can get hard to ignore though at times ,we keep at it Steve .

Great to see you having windows Steve 👍.

Check out Claire Weekes ,she was on to it decades ago .

Take care .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB. The anxiety and paranoia go hand in hand for me. I talk to my partner about it and she always says it’s all in your head and of course it is ! When the paranoia is bad, I can convince myself that I have some sort of 6th sense for reading how people think and that I am spot on about them. It can get to the point where it can cause an atmosphere between me and someone else because I feel hostile or frightened of them because of what I have imagined in my head. It’s deffo something to do with ego. I think that I’m that important that everyone is talking about me !! Inflated ego, that compensates for the low self esteem ?? I don’t know. Analysis can be exhausting too but humility is the key. I am convinced if that.

I had a good window yesterday but it’s gone today. In fact I have felt more exhausted than ever today and have been back to bed for a couple of hours. Oh well, one day at a time and thanks for dropping by. Someone else suggested Claire Weekes, I will take a look.

Steve

16 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

Hi PB. The anxiety and paranoia go hand in hand for me. I talk to my partner about it and she always says it’s all in your head and of course it is ! When the paranoia is bad, I can convince myself that I have some sort of 6th sense for reading how people think and that I am spot on about them. It can get to the point where it can cause an atmosphere between me and someone else because I feel hostile or frightened of them because of what I have imagined in my head. It’s deffo something to do with ego. I think that I’m that important that everyone is talking about me !! Inflated ego, that compensates for the low self esteem ?? I don’t know. Analysis can be exhausting too but humility is the key. I am convinced if that.

I had a good window yesterday but it’s gone today. In fact I have felt more exhausted than ever today and have been back to bed for a couple of hours. Oh well, one day at a time and thanks for dropping by. Someone else suggested Claire Weekes, I will take a look.

Steve

OH japers steve I could cry with relief for the fact I do the exact same thing ,your bang about the ego and it feels like it should be the centre of attention ,its about self esteem as you say ,the ego is being held back by low self esteem and it gets all mixed up ,a lot of spiritual teaching says to erode the ego ,ive got an extremely fractured ego and it originates in the first 7 years and childhood but we tackle it head on with knowledge and tools .

I still have a lot of symptoms but personally life is looking up a little  better and I'm telling myself I deserve it however small it is but I wont lie the guilt is pulling on me and self blame  is high for things in my life so that just shows how fracture my ego is .my ego thinks everyone is judging me .

I wonder if the ego would F off if I ran up the town in the nip ,ide probably die of embarrassment lol.

There will be more windows that's for sure Steve.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hahahahaha, that might do it PB. Run around the local town, starkers !!!!  

Funnily enough, I am doing a meditation course at the moment, run by Buddhists and a lot of their teachings is about getting rid of ego. Letting go of self. I think that’s the message iof AA as well. I tend to obsess about my feelings. I’m a small packsge when Im wrapped up in myself. The trouble is in the middle of these wd’s the paranoia and fear can feel so real.  I’m really happy that you are feeling a bit better, mate. You are always trying to help me. It is really appreciated. This wd journey would be very lonely and much harder without people like yourself.

3 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

Hahahahaha, that might do it PB. Run around the local town, starkers !!!!  

Funnily enough, I am doing a meditation course at the moment, run by Buddhists and a lot of their teachings is about getting rid of ego. Letting go of self. I think that’s the message iof AA as well. I tend to obsess about my feelings. I’m a small packsge when Im wrapped up in myself. The trouble is in the middle of these wd’s the paranoia and fear can feel so real.  I’m really happy that you are feeling a bit better, mate. You are always trying to help me. It is really appreciated. This wd journey would be very lonely and much harder without people like yourself.

Dam your welcome man but never let someone's help put pressure on you ,we accept people care because empathy from another human being is quite a great thing to have .living in todays world and trying to get rid of the self is hard but we can take a lot from these teachings ,just don't put pressure on yourself to meditate on top of Everest without food for a week ,that's a bit OTT lol.

I'm starving  ,off to make dinner .

Take care steve .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Haha. No I’m only taking out of the meditation what I want to. They are very humble people themselves. No pressure. I’m interested in the philosophy and science of the meditation and mindfulness etc that they practice. I’m not interested in signing up to be a Buddhist. Not yet anyway. To be honest PB , I couldn’t go anywhere that put me under any pressure at the moment. I would run !!! We will get there PB. 

Oh, on another subject have you ever had the flu jab. I had that Australian Flu last year. I certainly don’t want that again. Wondered  if it had any affect on wd’s ???

48 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

Haha. No I’m only taking out of the meditation what I want to. They are very humble people themselves. No pressure. I’m interested in the philosophy and science of the meditation and mindfulness etc that they practice. I’m not interested in signing up to be a Buddhist. Not yet anyway. To be honest PB , I couldn’t go anywhere that put me under any pressure at the moment. I would run !!! We will get there PB. 

Oh, on another subject have you ever had the flu jab. I had that Australian Flu last year. I certainly don’t want that again. Wondered  if it had any affect on wd’s ???

I got it for years because I was told to because I have an underline condition [asthma] but I didn't get it the last 2 years because I'm fed up with scare mongering ,I try to keep to a good hygiene routine in flu season but its a tricky one to call if our immune system is compromised. I did have the flu last year but not the Oz one ,I haven't heard in the news of a bad one coming ,I heard of the oz flu in the summer last year before it came over so hopefully we escape a nasty one this year . im not even sure if the vaccine covered that strain ,there's been  a couple of times they got the strain wrong ,but of course I'm no DR .

If you decide not to get it ,google how to look after yourself and best practise to minimise getting it .

Good you can see you don't want pressure ,I put the most pressure on myself ,its gas .

having the flu will put your system under added pressure ,that's for sure . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

That’s the thing PB. The flu I had was horrendous. It was 2 weeks of not being able to get out of bed  and the another 4 weeks of recuperation. I wasn’t tapering then ( Thank goodness!!).  I definitely do not want the flu on top of wd’s but I do not want the flu jab if it is going to have some negative impact on my nervous system. I will ask Alto , see what he thinks.

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks Chessie. It looks as if the majority are okay. I will probably go for it. 

18 hours ago, Steve61 said:

hi steve, i had the flu jab last year while my nervous system was still very sensitive and had no problems with it, I will be getting another jab in a couple of weeks, I know getting the full blown flu could send me back into the worst of it, got 2 young kids who pick up alsorts from school so risk of picking up the flu is quite high for me,

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

3 hours ago, dj2010 said:

hi steve, i had the flu jab last year while my nervous system was still very sensitive and had no problems with it, I will be getting another jab in a couple of weeks, I know getting the full blown flu could send me back into the worst of it, got 2 young kids who pick up alsorts from school so risk of picking up the flu is quite high for me,

Hi DJ. Thanks for that. It’s reassured me to go ahead. I definitely do not want the flu again but at the same time my nervous system is so delicate at the moment.  The flu on top of my wd’s would be horrendous.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, Steve61 said:

Steve

Hi Steve, 

So sorry to hear your paranoia makes it hard to be around people, it must be awful.Yes, withdrawals makes everything much worse. I really hope you get to go away on your holiday as sometimes a change of scenery can be good for us. If you go, make sure to spend time in nature, especially near water. 

I love being anywhere near water, the beach, a lake, a creek, a river etc. The sound of waster is so soothing.

I’m glad you’re getting more windows, that makes me very happy to hear. I’m in a wave today n stuck in bed but I know that windows always come. It definitely gives us hope that our brains are repairing when we see those windows. 

Here’s to taking a minute at a time n getting there in the end. 

Take care💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi, Carmie. Always nice to hear from you.  I’ve had another window today !  I was beginning to despair that I was in a never ending wave. I don’t suppose it was that long but it was a few weeks and I hadn’t experienced such a long wave before. It has definitely been the hardest period since starting my taper. Hopefully I am stabilising now. I probably will look for a holiday if the windows keep coming. Morocco is somewhere that I fancy. The weather will be reasonable there. I’m sticking to my meditation classes, I think that they are a tremendous help in trying to heal/rewire my brain.

Sending love and light

Steve

Hi there, Steve

i saw your post and just wanted to pop in and say g’day.  I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having problems with Dothiepin and are having to withdraw.  It was a real game changer for me too, for a while, but I had to wish it farewell because of daytime drowsiness.  

I’m glad to hear that you’ve got an understanding partner and that you’ve got this forum, where you can connect with people that understand, and that care.  All the best mate, I hope things continue to improve for you and that you are on the beach in Morocco soon.

Cheers,

GumLeaf

2019:

Valium 20mg for 2 weeks February

Amitriptyline 100mg Feb-October 25mg taper over 4 week

Valdoxan (again). November to present, 50mg

Ativan 1mg morning and night, Zolpidem 2x 10mg at night

Lyrica 150mg at night, Ritalin 150 morning and midday

Past Medications:

Valdoxan June-September 2018, Dexamphetamine (5mg twice daily) 2000 to 2017, Dothep (50mg) — Mid to Late 2017, Amitriptyline.(50mg) — Early to. Mid 2017

Steve so pleased to hear this I hope the windows keep on coming 🙏🏻 Xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Steve61, thanks for checking on me. It was nice to come back to. 

So happy to see you're doing better! I think it's very smart of you to keep doing the meditation and make it a habit, it can be so helpful.

When you mentioned your paranoia in an earlier post I could relate a lot, it has been very difficult for me as well to be around people for that reason. It has gotten better and better for me though, so I thought I would mention that as encouragement. For me it felt like it was connected a lot to the emotional spirals, maybe you've read brassmonkey's post about that by now (?). If not I'll link it. I saved it to read during my worst moments, it helped sometimes to snap me out of it somewhat.

Anyways, so good to hear you're doing better. Take care.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

@Gumleaf @pinkfairy @powerback @Sunnyday   Thanks for all the support guys, it means a lot. I am definitely experiencing more windows now. My paranoia is not so bad. My anxiety and depression have lifted quite a bit so what I am left with I can cope a lot better with. It is strange because the wd’s seem to change all the time. My sensitivity to noise is a lot worse. It seemed to take a backseat to the anxiety, paranoia etc but now that they have lifted a bit the noise sensitivity has come back with a vengeance!!! I am still exhausted most of the time, dizzy, foggy headed etc but I can cope with these things if my mind isn’t playing tricks on me. The paranoia and anxiety ,when really bad ,are hard to deal with. I will definitely look into the emotional spirals link @Sunnyday.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Steve, 

So glad to hear about your windows. Aren’t they great when they happen, and yes, withdrawals are all over the place. One doesn’t know how we will be from one second to the next. When in waves it feels like they will never end but then we start getting a window or two n slowly they start getting bigger. 

Im sorry about the noise sensitivity. That must be a pain, I love watching movies n listening to music. That must be hard for you to do. I watched a Mr Bean movie yesterday, he’s hilarious, he always makes me smile. I really want to see the latest Johnny English movie too, the other two were so funny. Roman Atkinson is brilliant. I love Mr Bean’s Holiday too.

I hope that you keep stabilising and get to Morocco. I bet the food is amazing. I really hope you get to go on your holiday. 

Sending hugs🤗

@Carmie thanks for dropping by. It’s always appreciated. The last couple of weeks have been much,much better for me.Almost like a continuous window !! Not quite though. The dizziness is giving me lots of problems and so is my foggy head and headaches but I can live with that for the time being because this site has taught me that it is just wd's. They will pass. My general mood is good. I’m much more optimistic, the paranoia has lifted quite a bit and my anxiety levels are much better. I’m much calmer. Even my sensitivity to noise has lifted a bit. 

I’m taking nothing for granted though. Just trying to keep it in the day because I know that these wd’s can change at any time. Keeping on with the meditation. I feel it’s a great benefit if I can just motivate myself to do it. It’s no problem when I go to a class but at home is a different matter !  I seem to make any excuse to myself not to do it. Strange when I know the benefits. Going to give the holiday a miss now. My partner does not want to go. I don’t think that she quite trusts my emotional stability to go on holiday. I don’t blame her !! She’s very supportive but I dont think she fancies the idea of me having a meltdown in a foreign country. 

Steve

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Steve, 

Wow that wonderful about the almost continuous window. It’s lovely to have a break from waves, isn’t it? So glad to hear the paranoia, anxiety n noise sensitivities have subsided. You must be thrilled about that.

If you’re worried about having a meltdown in another country why don’t you just go on a holiday closer to home?  It’s nice to get away for a little while. 

Yes, we certainly can’t take anything for granted. We tend to live hour by hour, minute by minute. Windows n waves are all over the place. We never know from one moment to the next when the next wave will hit. We need to make the most of our windows though n make some happy memories so that when we’re back in a wave again we have some lovely things to look back on. 

Hope you have a happy day💚

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Steve61, so nice to hear you're doing so well, apart from the dizziness and the other stuff of course. Hopefully it will last, but if not you know there will be another window sooner or later again. I think you have a good attitude towards it, not taking it for granted but appreciating it. Take care!

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

@Carmie @Sunnyday Thank you both so much for dropping by and checking on how I am doing. I am afraid that my window has passed. I’ve cut down twice in the last month, but nearer to 5 % each taper. The first one was in the middle of my window and I never noticed it. The second time I tapered , I was still in a window , that was last Wednesday but the last couple of days have been a bit rough. Anxiety, sleep disturbance, aches and pains etc. I know the drill now. It’s not pleasant but it will pass.  Thanks for the support, it helps a lot in the waves !!!

Steve

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

@Carmie @Sunnyday Thank you both so much for dropping by and checking on how I am doing. I am afraid that my window has passed. I’ve cut down twice in the last month, but nearer to 5 % each taper. The first one was in the middle of my window and I never noticed it. The second time I tapered , I was still in a window , that was last Wednesday but the last couple of days have been a bit rough. Anxiety, sleep disturbance, aches and pains etc. I know the drill now. It’s not pleasant but it will pass.  Thanks for the support, it helps a lot in the waves !!!

Steve

Sorry to hear that, seems almost inevitable during tapering. Something that has calmed my anxiety a little bit has been passion flower tea, can recommend if you come across it (but as always good to be careful with new things when we're in withdrawal, I made very weak tea at first to see how it made me feel).

But yes it will definitely pass! Waiting it out while trying to distract yourself is usually helpful I think. But acceptance most of all.

Take care.

30 minutes ago, Sunnyday said:

Sorry to hear that, seems almost inevitable during tapering. Something that has calmed my anxiety a little bit has been passion flower tea, can recommend if you come across it (but as always good to be careful with new things when we're in withdrawal, I made very weak tea at first to see how it made me feel).

But yes it will definitely pass! Waiting it out while trying to distract yourself is usually helpful I think. But acceptance most of all.

Take care.

Thanks Sunny. I’m very wary of any supplement after my experience with Omega3. It sent my anxiety soaring. Acceptance is the key. It’s good to be reminded. I’m keeping on with my meditation, trying to make it part of my life whether I feel good, bad or indifferent. I do really believe in the benefits, of it , mentally and physically. If I take that with me through my life, then perhaps these withdrawals were meant to lead me to mediatating. Look for the positive ?? 

Steve

• Moderator Emeritus
35 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

Thanks Sunny. I’m very wary of any supplement after my experience with Omega3. It sent my anxiety soaring. Acceptance is the key. It’s good to be reminded. I’m keeping on with my meditation, trying to make it part of my life whether I feel good, bad or indifferent. I do really believe in the benefits, of it , mentally and physically. If I take that with me through my life, then perhaps these withdrawals were meant to lead me to mediatating. Look for the positive ?? 

Steve

Yes I understand that you're careful after what happened, I would be too. That's great you're still meditating though, I need to be more disciplined with that myself too.

And that's a good way to look at it. I think the withdrawal in the end can make us better people if we let it. For example I feel understanding towards people and their situations a lot more now than I did before. So yes, there are definitely positives even to this. Not sure if they outweigh the negatives of going through it, but if we have to go through it anyways it's nice to see something positive come out of it as well.

Hi Steve ,ride that wave ,you'll get back to your window again  my friend.

Take care .🙏

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks PB. I am beginning to notice a pattern to my time spent on this site. I spend loads more time on here , reading and posting when I’m in a wave. It’s comforting to be around friends who know what it’s like .

Hi Steve,

I just got the chance to read through all your postings. First of all gonna let you know Alto is a she for what it's worth. I'm not a moderator but I've read enough to know that the lower you go the harder it gets. Have you read anything about tapering even less than 10% and waiting even longer in between dose drops. This is especially beneficial at lower doses. And again, I am not a moderator but it seems to me since you've pretty much been medicated with legal pills, illegal drugs and alcohol since you were a child that you should go slower. I am aged 65 and I'd love to be off my AD and Benzo (I am working on AD now) before I die but if I don't I'll die trying. Just want to encourage you there is no such thing as a schedule in this process.

Early 1980s 2 mg. vallium prn; Mid-1990s Paxil and 2mg. vallium prn; Somewhere in there Buspar

Early 2000s Sertaline 50 mg. and .25mg Xanax prn 

2008 Sertaline 50 mg but Xanax was increased to .5mg 6 times a day 

2015 Sertaline increased to 100mg. 2 mg. vallium prn and Wellburtrin (only on a few days)

April 2016 Venlafaxine XR 225mg with 50 mg. Zolft  and 10 mg. Vallium 3 times a day as needed

Fall 2017 Venlafaxine upped to 300 mg - 5 mg. Vallium 3 times a day prn; Jan. 2018 Venlafaxine 225mg w/Vallium

April 2018 weaned  to 187.50mg, 150mg, 112.5 mg at 4 to 5 week intervals vallium 3 times a day prn

July 2018 112.5 mg ; July 2018 started SA's 10% guideline w/ 2.5 vallium prn; lost notes  dropped to 89 mg by 10/22; 89 mg 10/29; 10/6 86 mg, 10/13 83 mg; 10/20 - 11/2 updosed to 89mg; 11/3 86 mg; 11/17 80 mg. 11/24 77mg - 12/20 80mg 1/ 20 77 mg venlafaxine; 2/19 75 mg Ven  still taking vallium 2.5 mg morning, after and evening

Simvastatin 40mg. daily with supplements: Magnesium, Omega Fatty Oils, Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Magnesium, 25 mg. to 50 mg. diphendramine for sleep