Junglechicken

Kate Spade suffered years of mental illness, sister says. Suicide 'not unexpected'

powerback

In the first paragraph it says self medicating with alcohol .we all know to stay clear of this .so many factors and variables in each person's case .stress most definitely a factor also .

The more I learn about the body the more I see how much we need to stay stay clear of ,foods,acohol, environment,stress.

They will never do comprehensive inquests into a death .too many questions .

We need to take head and lessons from these tragic cases .if we are very unwell we need to know when to take a step back .

Did you see what rossane bar tweeted while on ambein and god knows what else .

Junglechicken
On 7 June 2018 at 10:18 AM, powerback said:

In the first paragraph it says self medicating with alcohol .we all know to stay clear of this .so many factors and variables in each person's case .stress most definitely a factor also .

The more I learn about the body the more I see how much we need to stay stay clear of ,foods,acohol, environment,stress.

They will never do comprehensive inquests into a death .too many questions .

We need to take head and lessons from these tragic cases .if we are very unwell we need to know when to take a step back .

Did you see what rossane bar tweeted while on ambein and god knows what else .

PB, I haven't touched alcohol for years, and even without reading the small print on the Lexapro guidelines, definitely didn't touch it whilst on Lexapro.

Alcohol is unsurprisingly NOT compatible with ADs of most kinds.  Makes sense as it affects the CNS (temporarily).

I still have no desire to drink alcohol as I view it as a toxin.

ANYWAY, back to Kate Spade, yes, ANOTHER tragedy.

I think if we have it bad, it's much much lonelier being at "the top",  because I'm guessing you're not expected to admit weakness, anxiety and depression etc., when you are highly successful.  Everyone has their demons.

As someone else mentioned on another thread, Anthony Bourdain's suicide (I am a huge fan of his), I was aware he had a history of drink and drugs, but it would seem he never sought any help.

So these highly talented people do not see another "way" to deal with their difficulties other than to end it all.

I think it must be very lonely then being so successful, perhaps more than we ever realised??