angie007

Psychiatric meds deplete vitamins and nutrients from our bodies?

angie007

Hi Guys,

Paxil/ Seroxat apparently causes a depletion of the following essential nutrients and vitamins in the body,

Vitamin B1

Vitamin B2

Vitamin B3

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 - Pernicious Aneamia

Vitamin C

Vitamin D

Folic Acid

Glutathione

Co enzyme Q10

To test for B12 its not the standard Serum B12, you require Utinary MMA Test to confirm with accuracy.

B12 deficiency Masquerades as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Can anyone confirm the above is true?

Did some research on the symptoms we all display and wondered how many of us are suffering from

depletion of these essential nutrients and vitamins, which CAN be responsible for some of the]

symptoms we all suffer from in Wd.

Phil

Where did you find this, angie?

I wouldnt be surprised if it's true. Maybe w/d causes problems absorbing vitamins, since it can cause gut problems.

angie007

Hi Phil,

Just put in your search engine " what nutrients and vitamins does paxil deplete in the body"

Then google each and every vitamin and mineral, looking carefully at the symptoms caused

by depletion.

It could add up to be an interesting study, and food for thought.

I have also passed on my findings to Professor David Healy and i am

awaiting his reply, will post when i receive his response.

Altostrata

angie, good nutrition can go a long way towards compensating for any of this.

It is unlikely vitamin depletion is responsible for withdrawal syndrome.

angie007

Sur,

The object here was not to suggest that vitamin depletion is the cause of wd,

we know that is not the case.

The connection i am trying initially to make is that;-

1)

It is indeed fact that paxil depletes our bodies of all of these things,

2)

When i researched the vitamins it was uncanny how many of the symptoms were

in many ways similar to SOME of the wd symptoms we get.

3)

And indeed if deficient in hese things, do we need to suppliment in wd,

or will the body "naturally recharge itself".

Just sharing my findings and my thoughts!!`

Altostrata

Angie, there are so many symptoms in withdrawal, you're going to find correlation with symptoms of many, many things. Thanks for trying to do research to help us all.

Vitamin deficiencies affect the nervous system and the rest of the body, too. It stands to reason that serious vitamin deficiencies would have neurological consequences.

For the most part, the body naturally recharges itself. You know, to recover, we encourage people to eat good food to help healing.

Help777

Not sure if this is the best place to post. I did a search with not much results. I am wondering if anyone has heard of Electrodermal Screening. It is a kind of acupuncture that tests organs and recommends naturopathic remedies based on your test results. Sounds hocus pocus to me but would like to know if anyone has had success with it with dealing with withdrawal symptoms? Thanks for your input. Please start a new topic for this if you feel it is inducated. Thank you!

VitaminB

quote-the-person-who-takes-medicine-must

Hello everyone,

​I have no credentials. I hope this information will help anyone out there who is stuck in a coercive medical system. 

Testing your nutrients is a balancing act that should be handled by a Orthomolecular Doctor, a Functional Medicine Doctor, an Integrative Medicine Doctor, Certified Nutritionist or other professional "friendly" to these fields for you to get the biggest, most focused picture. Nutrients are a balancing art. For example, the B Vitamins are called a complex for a reason, they work in harmony when all of them are present in balanced amounts. Some nutrients have a see-saw effect on each other. Calcium has to balance magnesium, zinc has to balance copper and choline balances inositol. There are many other relationships between nutrients! Getting these tests done is a good thing, and getting targeted advice about your current condition is a better thing. 

Keep looking for a professional until you find someone who will admit that drugs deplete nutrients. For a light hearted look at this subject I suggest the book "Drug Muggers" by Suzy Cohen, RPh. She is my favorite type of pharmacist, one that knows her supplements! She wrote the book with humor, care, and knowledge of simple fixes the medical system wants to make into another prescription. She doesn't have all the psych drugs in the book though. 

NutraEval (Genova Brand)

I got a NutrEval test about 3 years back, so I can't speak to the changes they may have made. It is a test that uses your blood plasma to find your levels of:

Antioxidants: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E/Tocopherols, A-Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, Glutathione, Plant Based Antioxidants, 

B Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, Folic Acid (B9), Cobalamin (B12)

Essential Fatty Acids: Need for Essential Fatty Acids

Minerals: Manganese, Molybdenum, Magnesium, Zinc

Digestion Support: Need for Probiotics, Need for Pancreatic Enzymes, Mitochondrial Dysfunction, Need for Methylation, Toxic Exposure 

Then, there is a page on the Krebs Cycle with your markers

(I haven't listed all the areas in the following..there is so much informaton......)

There is a page on Metabolic Analysis Markers that go into Tyrosine Metabolism, Creatinine Concentration, Malabsorption and Dysbiosis Markers, and other things...

A page on Amino Acids: Essental and Nonessential, Glycine/Serine Metabolites and others....

A page on Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Markers that show your 3, 6, and 9's, Saturated and Monounsaturated Fats and others.....

This test defiantly needs to be interpreted by a professional, there is so much commentary and information! Here is a link. Look for the button to "find a doctor" at the bottom of the page. 

https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-nutritional-test-plasma

Genova (brand) has other test too:
https://www.gdx.net/tests/alphabetical

SpectraCell

SpectraCell Micronutrient test is similar to NutrEval, it uses your white blood cells to analyze 35 nutritional components. 

Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate, Pantothenate (B5), Biotin, D3, Vitamin A, Vitamin K2

Antioxidants: Glutathione, Cysteine, CoQ10, Selenium, Vitamin E, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid, Vitamin C

Minerals: Manganese, Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium

Amino Acids: Serine, Glutamine, Asparagine, Choline, Inositol, Carnitine, Oleic Acid(Fatty Acid)

It also has Carbohydrate Metabolism: Fructose Sensitivity, Glucose-Insulin Interaction, Chromium

Spectrox score for oxidative stress

Immunidex score for over all immune system health

This test is easier for me to read. I have taken two of these tests, about 9 months apart. It is easy to clip the two tests together and flip between the relative pages to see my progress. Here is the link:

https://www.spectracell.com/patients/patient-micronutrient-testing/

They did have a link to find providers in your area, I can't find it now. 

Their blog is good too. Look to the right of the page as you scroll down for links on individual nutrients and conditions:

http://info.spectracell.com

Kelly Brogan M.D., Preventative Medicine Tests

If someone you know or you are considering Psych medication for the first time check out Kelly Brogan MD. She was a traditional board certified psych doctor who got Hashimoto's disease and thought she had depression. She put herself on psych meds and realized what she was harming clients. She read work from Peter Breggin MD and Robert Whitaker and did a 180 degree turn. She only prescribes short term benzos now. Look into her book, "A Mind of Your Own" before you choose medication. Here is a list of tests she does for new intakes. An ounce of prevention is worth its weight in gold. If you are already on medication, look into the book, "Your Drug May Be Your Problem" by Peter Breggin, MD. 

1. Homocysteine, Methylmalonic acid
2. hsCRP
3. Fasting Glucose, insulin, HgA1C
4. Vitamin D (250H), Folate, B-12
5. MTHFR
6. ANA
7. TSH, FreeT3, FreeT4, rT3, autoantibodies

Gut Health Hint-- (Need a stool sample test to find you Bacteroidetes/Firmicutes Ratio in Gut)

Genova GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile 

I have done this test twice too. The gut is very much connected to the brain. Click on the link to learn more:

https://www.gdx.net/product/gi-effects-comprehensive-stool-test

Any Lab Test Now

I don't have any experience with them, but I know they have a nutrient test for $300 or so. 

https://www.anylabtestnow.com

Hair Analysis

Hair analysis deals only with minerals and toxic metals. If you get a test, don't ever use "Head and Shoulders" shampoo, it will make your zinc levels look higher then they really are. It is best to wash your hair, rinse with reverse osmosis water, and then let it dry for 6-24 hours on its own before you cut a little but off from an inconspicuous place on the back of the head. 

Minerals: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Iron, Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Chromium, Selenium, Phosphorous, Nickel, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Lithium, and Boron. 

Toxic Metals: Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Arsenic, Aluminum. 

This is controversial, but I have taken the test a few times and tried to change my lifestyle to their suggestions. The test is heavily reliant on interpretation of the ratios of minerals. It also requires adherence to a lot of protocols. I don't agree with everything that is said at by Dr. L. Wilson, but some of it is valuable. They have a page of practitioners all over the world. You can work with them long distance. 

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/HA%20INTRO.htm#SAMPLING

Are you scared of taking supplements? 

Dr. Abram Hoffer was the "Father of Orthomolecular Medicine." Look into his work treating mental illness with nutrients. 

He has a disciple, Dr. Andrew Saul. Check out his website that has tons of free information:

www.doctoryourself.com

He is in a movie called, "That Vitamin Movie" also. 

I am not trying to sell you anything:

A brand I have used and been impressed by is Pure Encapsulations.

They are hypo-allergenic dietary supplements, which seems to give them a niche in the market.

They care about their products being "bio-available." I have no credentials in anything, but through my own research I have found "bio-available" nutrients are in forms that can be used more immediately in the body.

They also are a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified facility. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you will not be harmed by anything in this post. I have no credentials! 

quote-the-doctor-of-the-future-will-give

JanCarol

I've probably done some of the Aussie equivalent of some of these, as I'm under the care of an orthomolecular MD.  I confess, it was nice to just turn over my situation to the doc and let her read the tests.  She explains things to me, but I don't understand all the Assays she chooses or why.

I did do the OmegaQuant test in the USA which showed me that my DHA/EPA was good, but that my Omega 6 was still too high.  (probably the Nutella)

Pure Encapsulations - I looked them up on Consumer Labs, and they are highly recommended in most categories where they were tested, and are often the "Top Pick."  For example Ashwaganda - 80% of the supplements failed:  Pure Encapsulations was one of the supplements that passed their quality control review.  It was also one of the more affordable brands.

The only one where they failed was a Multivitamin (which is a compound, and we never recommend compounds anyway), the "Pure Encapsulations LiquiNutrients Natural Orange/Mango Flavour" only contained 17% of listed amount of folic acid.

Additionally, the Pure Encapsulations CholestePure was shown to contain no effective plant sterols - it contains some, but they are not tested as "effective against cholesterol."  Not that it was useless, it contained a fat soluble form of vitamin C that had antioxidant effects, and so they approved it.

There is one warning for Pure Encapsulations in 2011 for their PhytoBalance product, which should be corrected by now.  One recall, September 2011, for a product that tested positive for egg allergen in their "PreNatal Nutrients" (again, a compound), which was not labeled.  Again, it is probably corrected by now.

It was not one of the top overall brands for 2016, though it was tested.

Here are the top brands, according to Consumer Labs  (there were lots of other good brands, these are just the #1 in each category):

• Catalog/Internet Brand: Swanson
  • Direct Selling (MLM) Brand: USANA
  • Discount/Warehouse Brand: Kirkland (Costco)
  • Food/Drug/Mass -- Broad Product Line: Nature Made
  • Food/Drug/Mass -- Narrow Product Line: Qunol
  • Grocery Store Brand: Trader Darwin (Trader Joe's)
  • Healthcare Practitioner Brand: Thorne Research
  • Health Food Store Brand: Designs for Health
  • Pharmacy Brand: CVS
  • Vitamin Store Brand: Vitamin Shoppe
  • Canadian Brand: Webber Naturals

Top-rated Supplement Brands on Consumer Satisfaction with Specific Types of Supplements:*
  • Calcium: Kirkland (Costco)
  • CoQ10: Swanson
  • Fish Oil: Life Extension
  • Glucosamine & Chondroitin: Puritan's Pride
  • Multivitamin: Life Extension
  • Probiotic: Garden of Life
  • Resveratrol: Life Extension
  • Vitamin D: Life Extension
* Excludes direct sales brands due to potential respondent bias 

Top-rated Supplement Merchants on Overall Consumer Satisfaction:
  • Catalog/Internet: Swanson
  • Direct Sales (MLM): USANA
  • Grocery Store: Natural Grocers
  • Mass Market: Walmart
  • Online Multi-Category Retailer: Amazon.com
  • Online Supplement Retailer: Vitacost
  • Pharmacy: Walgreens
  • Vitamin Store: The Vitamin Shoppe
  • Warehouse Store: Costco

Please note - the most expensive brand is not always the best.

This brand analysis might belong somewhere else - but I haven't found it yet, so I thought I would add it here, to give a "Consumer Labs" view of supplements.

They do not analyse the tests.  

JanCarol

Is there a Do-It-Yourself Assay for Vitamin D?

That's one which doctors don't check nearly often enough, and has an annual cycle with the sun

People over the 33rd parallel can never get enough sun in winter, but because they may be active or outdoors, think they are "fine."

It is also a supplement which I am hesitant to adjust without a lab result.

VitaminB

https://www.anylabtestnow.com/tests/vitamin-d-test/

I am not sure about world wide, but in the USA a vitamin D test can be done at this franchise Any Lab Test Now for $125 bucks

I don't know of any home tests. 

Dr. Andrew Saul has a pretty interesting article on Vitamin D issues and goes into dosage controversy detail.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/dvitamin.htm

I love this paragraph from the article as it highlights a catch 22:

It is noteworthy that skin cancer may actually be prevented by what many feel causes it: sunshine. (43, 44) Krispin Sullivan, author of Naked at Noon: Understanding Sunlight and Vitamin D, writes: "One of the known protectors of skin cells from pre-cancerous changes is vitamin D. For most Americans the primary source of vitamin D is sunlight. UV-B, the only band of light producing vitamin D, is significantly present only midday during summer months in most of the U.S., the exact time we are advised to avoid sunlight. UV-B is blocked by sunscreen." (45) Over-exposure to sunlight does not cause vitamin D toxicity. Persisting concerns over sun exposure are arguments in favor of its nutritional equivalent: oral vitamin D supplementation.

(You can't over dose on sunshine if you are lucky enough to get enough where you live.)

VitaminB

If you get a SpectraCell test the vitamin D comes with it, but only D3 not D2. My primary care physician tests me for both forms. 

VitaminB

Please keep this link in mind before you read my post:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/606-important-topics-about-tests-supplements-treatments-diet/

I have to share this chart! It has what nutrients are depleted for the following drugs and more:

Seroquel®*, Risperdal®*, Zyprexa®*, Haldol, Amitriptyline 

Toprol-XL®*, Norvasc®*, Lisinopril®*, Furosemide*, Chlorthalidone, Digoxin, Clonidine, Propranolol 

Lexapro®, Zoloft®*, Prozac®, Zoloft®, Paxil® 

http://fundamentalhealthsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DrugNutrientDepletion.pdf

I really want this book now:

Pelton, Lavalle, Hawkins, Krinsky. Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Handbook. Lexi-Comp; 2nd Ed., 2001

I can only find it used, but the linked chart is based off this book. 

JanCarol

Not sure if this is the best place to post. I did a search with not much results. I am wondering if anyone has heard of Electrodermal Screening. It is a kind of acupuncture that tests organs and recommends naturopathic remedies based on your test results. Sounds hocus pocus to me but would like to know if anyone has had success with it with dealing with withdrawal symptoms? Thanks for your input. Please start a new topic for this if you feel it is inducated. Thank you!

Hey Help - I have moved your post here - while most of the focus on this post is on proper screening - blood, urine and spit tests, the electrodermal screening is very akin to what Scientologists use in their "auditing" practice - a simple skin resistance monitor.  

I have posted about it elsewhere.  There is a back-and-forth discussion of it between myself and Sheri755 here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12595-sheri755-effexor-xr-reinstatement-amount/page-3?p=250934#entry250934  (read the next few posts after this one, as we talk more about it)

I posted about it in my own thread, here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5234-%E2%98%BC-jancarol-reboxetine-first-then-lithium/page-7?p=96410#entry96410

I liken it to a psychic reading.  There will be accuracies and inaccuracies.  They are pointers, not answers.

So your instinct = woo = pretty spot on!

btdt

I was reading about Dr Sherry Rogers a name given to me recently.  On her site she said she does not see patients now but will do a phone consult if you get this testing done.... 

cardio ion panel
http://www.metametrix.com/content/DirectoryOfServices/0290CardioIONProfile-BloodUrine

the link for the regular ion panel
http://www.metametrix.com/content/DirectoryOfServices/0090IONIndividualOptimalNutritionProfiles-BloodUrine

Is this the test Alto says is bunk?  or was it test just for amino acids I can't recall...

I looked at a couple pages one on an example test result one on interpreting

which can be found at these links if you are interested in them....

https://www.gdx.net/core/interpretive-guides/ION-IG.pdf

https://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/0290-CION-ADULT.pdf

Dr Rogers can heal mcs ... multiple chemical sensitivities... I just found these links now and have not read them yet

Chemical Sensitivity: 9780879836344: Medicine & Health Science ...
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical...Sherry-Rogers/dp/0879836342
Editorial Reviews. About the Author. McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their .... Dr Sherry Rogers is a fabulous doctor and conveys medical information in a way a lay person can really ... Healing Severe Chemical and EMF Sensitivity: Our Breakthrough Cure for Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) and…
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity | Definition, Symptoms, Triggers ...
www.ei-resource.org/illness-information/.../multiple-chemical-sensitivity/

May 4, 2016 - DrSherry Rogers, a respected expert on MCS and environmental illness, believes pesticides are the no.1 culprit when it comes to chemicals ...

so far I have only read this page about detox drink... 

http://lupushope.blogspot.ca/2009/10/talk-with-dr-sherry-rogers-receptionist.html

she talks about doctors depleting patients "drugs severely magnify nutrient depletion"

and this was interesting

"Apr 2009 HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST DRUG SIDE AFFECTS Q. I agree with you that we should not rely on drugs, but there comes a time when we all need them for emergencies and/or for times to tide us over until we catch up on reading to find the cause and cure of our symptoms. Since drugs are all so loaded with side effects, what do I do to protect myself while I am on a drug? A. Great question. For starters I would be sure you take extra folic acid. One Folixor 5 mg under the tongue daily should do the trick. Sadly it has been known for over 30 years that folic acid is easily depleted by most medications. Later research shows that all drugs suck nutrients out of the body, thereby guaranteeing that the person will eventually develop side effects from the drug as well as new diseases. I say sad, because in spite of hundreds of books and papers, it is ignored, even though studies show that the most folate-depleted folks are often those who are in the hospital hooked up to iVs that are delivering numerous drugs. Not only do most drugs deplete folate, but also sugar IV solutions flush it out, and hospital cooking, air fresheners, plastics, toxic hospital air, and more destroy any remaining folate. As an example, look at how a popular diabetes medicine has been known for over 30 years to deplete not only folate but B12. And metformin raises homocysteine, leading to Alzheimer's, undiagnosable nerve diseases, and cancers, all three of which diabetics are"

will go and look if my energy holds 

peace all

btdt

while I am to add to read what I said I would I found this about drugs

"Many drugs are P-450 enzyme inhibitors which may result in accumulation of medications and foreign chemicals (xenobiotics) with increased side effects and toxicity. Examples are cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, diltiazem, erythromycin, ES-MCS Status Report 2010-11 13 ketoconazole, verapamil, and a number of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). There are essentially six Phase II conjugation pathways: -Glutathione conjugation -Amino acid conjugation -Methylation -Sulfation -Acetylation -Glucuronidation There must be adequate nutrients available for efficient operation of Phase I and II biotransformation pathways, in particular, high intake of highly-coloured vegetables, ascorbate, anti-oxidants, glutathione precursors provided by adequate protein, niacin and cobalamin, as well as balanced essential fatty acid intake and phosphatidyl choline, along with high fibre to enhance GI transit function in Phase III excretion (Burford-Mason A. What foods need to deliver, Nutrition for Docs, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Syllabus, April 17-18, 2010)."

http://www.womenshea...rtJune22011.pdf

at this sa thread

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4821-chemical-sensitivity/

risperdalhater

do APs and/or anti-depressants deplete vitamins/minerals? i have heard that they have and i am beginning to believe that they do. any ideas? 

carlos099

Hello, 

I am curious if there is any study or experience that can address me toward some depletions to investigate. I mean, after Ssri, do you think there are some specific electrolytes, mineral, hormones es, proteins to check through the blood test? Which are more likely to be depleted after Ssri? 

Barbarannamated

This is just one of many articles on this specific topic.  I would exercise extreme caution and use the very lowest doses and no combos, preferably after testing.  

https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/7-important-nutrients-depleted-by-psychiatric-drugs-antidepressants-antipsychotics-stimulants-benzodiazepines-induced-guide-vitamins-medications

There are tests for Micronutrient Deficiencies, usually used by Functional Medicine and other Alternative Practitioners.  Spectracell is one company.  

You can search on "Drug-induced Nutrient Deficiencies" and find a plethora of information.  

carlos099

Thank you very much Barbarannamated. Actually, I did some test last year and I was low in via D and B12. I will do them again shortly. 

Lloyd

Interestingly i had a full spectrum blood test done for number of things including liver function, baseline & viral activity. It doesn't cost anything here in Australia for these blood tests (Medicare) so my doctor had a bunch of them run - They took a fair bit of blood for it all! This was about 2.5 months into my withdrawal. 

Magnesium, B12, Iron, Vitamin D, Folate, Sodium, Bicarbonate, Urea, Creatinine, Calcium, Phosphate, Glucose (Fasting)all returned within normal range. Exception was Vitamin D was a little low but still within range.

Thyroid function tested, diabetes etc. All came back as fine.

Tested for viral activity & blood cultures also cam back good.

The most bothering symptons for me has been brain fog & derealization. If anyone has tips on how to deal with these let me know =)

Altostrata

alchemist, what is the source of your information and how reliable is it?

alchemist

Hi Altostrata, the information can be found in the book "Antidepressants, Antipsychotics and Stimulants." Written by Dr. David W. Tanton, Ph.D 

Altostrata

Provide a link, please, so we don't have to Google it.

Merged similar topics.

peng

We await Alto's views on this, of course.

2 out of the mere 3 reviews do not inspire confidence, to say the least! 

Rachellynn

I was low in potassium, sodium, magnesium (VERY SERIOUS) and Zinc - and this is WESTERN medicine standards, which is totally screwed up. 

So YES it is very true that prescription drugs interfere with our bodies ability to absorb nutrients. That was 100% true in my case. You don’t have to believe it, but adding these things (including essential minerals - all of them) has helped calm my system tremendously. 

Our soil is also depleted so it’s hard to get some of these micronutrients from food. 

Rachellynn
On 8/9/2016 at 8:36 PM, VitaminB said:

Hope you will not be harmed by anything in this post. I have no credentials! 

The people who harm have the most credentials! It’s so funny when this site has to say “but always check with your Dr. first - YEAH RIGHT” lol

btdt

https://pharmacysolutionsonline.com/drug-induced-nutrient-depletion.php

This is a site that shows the vitamin depletion caused by certain drugs.  I have had specific issues with thiamine and at different times other nutrients stumbling blindly I got lucky a couple of times and found a food high in specific nutrient that greatly helped my healing.  All bran comes to mind for thiamine and perhaps riboflavin .. B1 and B2 are the maybe more common names for these two but there are many.  After being on antidepressants for a number of years I ended up on other drugs to treat other symptoms which I think were caused by long term antidepressant use.  Such as ppi drugs ect.. there is more than likely a few pages at SA listing the drugs common to users of ssri/snri drugs. 

This site is searchable for specific drugs and shows which nutrients are depleted by each drug and the symptoms of that depletion.  It may well be a simple thing that is easily cured however may require more care with diet as there are some tricks along with taking a specific supplement.  As always start at a  low low dose and work your way up even with supplements. One trick I learned was to cut sugar out of my diet I did this because my liver was not happy and learned only yesterday that for some reason sugar and thiamine don't play well together. I did it because I was sick not as a science experiment but over time no sugar and extra thiamine helped there are other pages to search after you get this one under your belt regarding specific nutrients.  For a long time I only ate my nutrients as that is all my body could handle as I learned by trial and error ... (I did not have the benefit of this searchable site) I adjusted as I went.  Trial and error is not the best was to do this and any thing that may speed up the process and cut the suffering time is a gem to me. 

I hope you find it useful.  Here is a bit about antidepressants but other psych drugs searches are available for you to do yourself. 

Antidepressants

Amitriptyline (Elavil), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Adapin), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor)

Coenzyme Q10

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)

Decreased protection against cancer and aging, tiredness, congestive heart failure, increased lipid levels

Problems with the skin (acne, scaly skin), eyes (sensitivity to light, cracked, dry mucous membranes

Chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promazine (Sparine), thioridazine (Thioril), fluphenazine (Prolixin), perphenazine, prochlorperazine (Compazine)

Coenzyme Q10

Melatonin

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)

Decreased protection against cancer and aging, tiredness, congestive heart failure, increased lipid levels

Insomnia, depression, growth hormone deficiency, blood sugar changes, decreased protection against cancer and aging

Problems with the skin (acne, scaly skin), eyes (sensitivity to light, cracked, dry mucous membranes

phenelzine (Nardil)

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)

Depression, insomnia, increased risk for cardiovascular disease, PMS

For me Coenzyme Q10 is fine B2 is fine but I am looking at better formulas same with B1 ... B6 I have leaned I cannot metabolize properly and need to take the proper one for my body... you can find out about your specific body needs by doing a 23 and me test... and running it thru other specific tools. We only get one body and it may have some quirks so finding out as much as we can to help it heal best it can is in our best interest.  I hate that this takes so long and how severely (and completely)  it disrupts lives and changes some of our paths forever.  So anything I learn that could possibly shorten the torment I will share... wishing you all peace it is so hard fought for the slightest bit is worth more than all the money in the world to people who can't find any ... peace is my wish for each of you. B

ps 

I found a book online from a website called hormones matter both I think are going to help me move forward more in my healing... 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073NCFNLX/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_3v7Gzb7N0R25M&linkCode=sl1&tag=hormonesmatte-20&linkId=f3697cc9070aef7f10aa6c43be829880

the book is so very expensive I don't think I could ever afford if for those of you still working it may be worth your money to buy.