velika

velika

Hi all,

So I got a week of waking up with constant stress and nightmares. and then i got a racing thoughts when i want to go to sleep, palpilation twice until i decided to go to the psychiatrist.

I didn't know that psychiatric drugs are very dangerous as it has withdrawal symptoms. I came here to look for suggestions.

I had been taking 7 AD pills from 1 May - 19 May and stop abruptly every 4 days, i didnt know that there was withdrawal symptoms T_T. then i took it 19 May - 4 June everday routinely. When i took AD pills, it has side effects, like weary body. and so I stop taking it COLD TURKEY by accident because my stupidity thinking that i may diagnose with tiroid disease.

Alganax 0,5 mg
Cipralex 5 mg
Riklona 0,25 mg
Zolda 2,5 mg
= total 8,25 mg

and i stop it all cold turkey.
Day 1 - 7 i felt nausea, gastro problems, palpilations, poor concentration, weary body, tremble hands, headache, mood swing.

Until now what i feel only insomnia and hypersensitivity to strong sounds which strong sound would give a brain tremor.  Dont know what will be coming up next. i am so afraid and feel devastated.

What i want to ask is:
- If only i taper down the dosage slowly, would i still feel the withdrawal syndrome?
- will this withdrawal syndrome last forever??
- Should i go back taking AD pills and then taper it down just to recover from this sh*tty withdrawal symptoms? I want my normal life back. But if going back taking AD pills has no guarantee i would recover and go back to normal self or even im afraid it would only worsen my brain condition, i dont even want to touch those kind of pills anymore. It is better to be like this forever! T_______T

• 30 April 2018 - 19 May 2018 went on  Alprazolam 0,5 mg, Escitalopram 5 mg, Clonazepam 0,25 mg, Zolta (Zoldpidem) 2,5 mg. And during that time, I stop taking it abruptly every 4 days bcs didnt know there are WD symptoms.
  • 20 May - 5 June same prescription but i took it daily and then stop it cold turkey due to my ignorance.

😀Day 1-7. The WD are nausea, gastro problems, palpilations, poor concentration, weary body, tremble hands, headache, mood swing, insomnia, hypersensitivity to sound.

and it's gone. And when i have PMS, they are back : insomnia, headache, sadness, hypersensitivity to sound, nausea.

😄Now when i dont have PMS: a lil bit unpleasant feeling on my left gum.

• Administrator

Welcome, Velika.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, velika said:

Alganax 0,5 mg
Cipralex 5 mg
Riklona 0,25 mg
Zolda 2,5 mg
= total 8,25 mg

and i stop it all cold turkey.

Yes, going off those drugs cold turkey could cause serious symptoms. How are you feeling now?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

The drug names you used are only for your country. Please list your drugs with the pharmaceutical names, example Alganax = alprazolam.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Altostrata,

Now im feeling well. I just got a little bit uncomfortable feeling in my left gum... Keep on hoping that this too will pass.. :D

• 30 April 2018 - 19 May 2018 went on  Alprazolam 0,5 mg, Escitalopram 5 mg, Clonazepam 0,25 mg, Zolta (Zoldpidem) 2,5 mg. And during that time, I stop taking it abruptly every 4 days bcs didnt know there are WD symptoms.
  • 20 May - 5 June same prescription but i took it daily and then stop it cold turkey due to my ignorance.

😀Day 1-7. The WD are nausea, gastro problems, palpilations, poor concentration, weary body, tremble hands, headache, mood swing, insomnia, hypersensitivity to sound.

and it's gone. And when i have PMS, they are back : insomnia, headache, sadness, hypersensitivity to sound, nausea.

😄Now when i dont have PMS: a lil bit unpleasant feeling on my left gum.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Velika, it is good that you only took them for a few weeks, the longer they are taken the harder they are to stop.

I am glad that you are ok and not having much withdrawal.  You could find that you get worse for a while and then get better again. This can happen many times but don't worry because it is your body that is healing from the effect of the drugs. In time the bad days will stop. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-recovery/

We have lots of topics on dealing with emotional symptoms that will help you to cope without drugs in the future.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

Please drop by sometimes and let us know how you are, it is always good to see people who are recovering :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible