jonnypeters1234567

jonnypeters1234567: 11 months off Citalopram

jonnypeters1234567

I understand, so sorry for you. Are you living with parents?

Eleven10

No. I live alone 

Altostrata

When we say "cold turkey is a high-risk way of going off drugs," we are talking about results like yours, jonny.

You have severe withdrawal syndrome because you cold-turkeyed.

Since June, we have discussed reinstating a small dose of citalopram many times. You have chosen not to do that.

There aren't too many ways we, as peer counselors, can help fix withdrawal syndrome. If you want to see if you can wait it out, you will have to develop coping skills to deal with the symptoms.

We don't know of a way to fix your problem with other drugs. If you want that kind of advice, you'll have to see a doctor.

About propanolol:

On 9/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, Eleven10 said:

Took it for 7 weeks untill I had very low blood pressure and had to stop 

it definitely helped with akathesia.

Dr Healy recommends in in certain circumstances 

Propanolol is a drug that reduces blood pressure. That is its purpose. Taking it is not for everyone.

Do not follow random suggestions to take random drugs.

jonnypeters1234567

Im so badly messed up. I feel so far removed from reallity. Do people have such severe memory loss that they dont remember what they did the morning of that day,in the evening?

jonnypeters1234567

I really dont think im going to make this... it feels like the verge of impossibility

jonnypeters1234567

Am I getting more severe windows and waves than everyone else. I can blatantly tell that my windows are a lesser version of me on the drug. How does no one else know this? and they think they are feeling 'normal'

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded

jonnypeters1234567

I think the fight is nearly over..

ChessieCat

If you are feeling suicidal please contact local support agencies.  http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/suicide.php  Please see about half way down the page.

Also please read this post:

ChessieCat
On 9/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, Altostrata said:

When we say "cold turkey is a high-risk way of going off drugs," we are talking about results like yours, jonny.

You have severe withdrawal syndrome because you cold-turkeyed.

Since June, we have discussed reinstating a small dose of citalopram many times.

You might want to consider trying a very tiny dose of citalopram.  You could try 0.25mg might help to see how your react.  Please read post #1 of this topic:  About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected

jonnypeters1234567

Ive got akathisisa, will that not make it worse?

ChessieCat
1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

You might want to consider trying a very tiny dose of citalopram.  You could try 0.25mg might help to see how your react. 

I've just edited this in the previous post.

ChessieCat

When did the akasithia start?

jonnypeters1234567

8 months to varying degrees

jonnypeters1234567

My brain and body is in constant flux. I could probably do this if my waves were about 10 % less deep. My windows take me away from reallity too

ChessieCat

That's the reason why a very tiny dose is suggested, to see how you respond to reinstatement.  If the tiny dose doesn't worsen things then it is okay to increase a bit more if needed.  If things worsen then you stop straight away.

As I said, please read Post #1 of the reinstatement topic.

All we can do is offer suggestions.  We can't make the decision for you.  You might want to write down pros and cons so you get them out of your head and it might make it easier to make a decision.

jonnypeters1234567
5 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

That's the reason why a very tiny dose is suggested, to see how you respond to reinstatement.  If the tiny dose doesn't worsen things then it is okay to increase a bit more if needed.  If things worsen then you stop straight away.

As I said, please read Post #1 of the reinstatement topic.

All we can do is offer suggestions.  We can't make the decision for you.  You might want to write down pros and cons so you get them out of your head and it might make it easier to make a decision.

Thanks for your help

jonnypeters1234567

I just want to be able not be thinking 24/7. I can remember how life used to be, you used to just do things and not have to be thinking all the time...

Altostrata

Are repetitive thoughts the reason you first went on SSRIs?

If yes, you need to learn ways to manage your habits of mind. If no, and this is a withdrawal symptom, you still need to learn ways to manage your habits of mind.

What exactly do you mean by akathisia?

Iatrogenesis
On 9/7/2018 at 12:18 AM, Altostrata said:

About propanolol:

Propanolol is a drug that reduces blood pressure. That is its purpose. Taking it is not for everyone.

Do not follow random suggestions to take random drugs.

Actually, I know this post is a bit old, but no, propranolol is a drug that is prescribed to relieve drug-induced akathisia.

Iatrogenesis

...Among other things. I have personal experience with it. (I'm not suggesting that Jonny take it)

jonnypeters1234567

I take it anyway, thanks

Altostrata
4 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Actually, I know this post is a bit old, but no, propranolol is a drug that is prescribed to relieve drug-induced akathisia.

3 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

...Among other things. I have personal experience with it. (I'm not suggesting that Jonny take it)

Iatrogenesis, butt out. Look stuff up before you post about it.

jonny, please answer my questions.

jonnypeters1234567
21 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Are repetitive thoughts the reason you first went on SSRIs?

If yes, you need to learn ways to manage your habits of mind. If no, and this is a withdrawal symptom, you still need to learn ways to manage your habits of mind.

What exactly do you mean by akathisia?

repititive thoughts started when on ssris

akathisia is restlessness impatience anger fear terror

thanks

Altostrata

I don't believe that's akathisia.

What exactly are your repetitive thoughts about?

Please note you have 10 pages in your Intro topic, have not followed any of our suggestions, but have posted frequently about how much you're suffering.

I have no doubt that you are suffering, but probably not more than anyone else. You might read other Introductions topics, many people are in the same boat.

We're only an Internet support group, we can't make decisions for you, you may have to make some decisions to change your situation yourself.

jonnypeters1234567

I have akathisia believe me

No one else seems to have periods when they feel like they are still on the drug.

I have alot of moments when i feel my brain is flooded with dopamine, like a fake happiness, compulsive OCD behaviour. 15 months of citalopram. I fear ive got some serious blockage of receptors

Eleven10

Do you not want to try a tiny reinstatement? 

It’s completely up to you 

can you ask to be referred to so Dr Healy? He’s in wales but you can be refereed from England.

i saw him a couple of years ago

for me akathesia in a mental and physical torture. At best it is a feeling of complete unease in my skin. At worst a agitated feeling of doom and dread. It is worst in the early morning. It mirrors the time it was worse when I went on Prozac but it is much worse now. I’m hoping I find something that helps it 

jonnypeters1234567
16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I don't believe that's akathisia.

What exactly are your repetitive thoughts about?

Please note you have 10 pages in your Intro topic, have not followed any of our suggestions, but have posted frequently about how much you're suffering.

I have no doubt that you are suffering, but probably not more than anyone else. You might read other Introductions topics, many people are in the same boat.

We're only an Internet support group, we can't make decisions for you, you may have to make some decisions to change your situation yourself.

I apologise, I am in dire straits here and my life is in the balance- its quite hard to think and process logically in this situation

Fighter33
4 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

Do you not want to try a tiny reinstatement? 

It’s completely up to you 

can you ask to be referred to so Dr Healy? He’s in wales but you can be refereed from England.

i saw him a couple of years ago

for me akathesia in a mental and physical torture. At best it is a feeling of complete unease in my skin. At worst a agitated feeling of doom and dread. It is worst in the early morning. It mirrors the time it was worse when I went on Prozac but it is much worse now. I’m hoping I find something that helps it 

did you do a tiny reinstatement?

Altostrata

Hey, jonny, when I ask what your repetitive thoughts are about, I'm not looking for speculations about dopamine.

Please give a more exact description of your symptoms.

jonnypeters1234567

Thanks Wayback. As i thought re-stimulating receptors again, by way of reinstatement isnt a wise idea. Do you take a benzo sometimes?

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quoted post

ChessieCat
20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hey, jonny, when I ask what your repetitive thoughts are about, I'm not looking for speculations about dopamine.

Please respond to Alto's request.  It makes it difficult to assist if you don't answer questions.

jonnypeters1234567
20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Apologies i forgot about this, I have repetitive thoughts about how long this is going to take.. and death etc

Altostrata

Would you say you have had health anxiety?

Please explain more about the symptom you call "akathisia."

How is your sleep?

If you prefer to get your peer support from TheWayBack, please do so in personal messages and relieve the burden on the moderators.

ChessieCat

For any members who had read the now deleted posts made in Jonny's intro by TheWayBack please see this post

Edited by ChessieCat