Altostrata

New Jersey members, please check in here

Altostrata

Please post below if you live in New Jersey.

I am thinking that connecting our members geographically will enable

• Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
  • Support groups
  • Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
  • Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
  • Organizing to contact members of local and national government
  • Research by New Jersey researchers

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in New Jersey, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress.

Altostrata

Is there anyone familiar with the New Jersey social services system who can help Zant808? Or a lawyer?

He needs to find an advocate, maybe a social worker who can help him get relief from his duties as a caregiver to a stepfather with dementia.

Please send Zant a pm or post in his Intro topic.

carefulprayerful

I would be interested in meeting others in NJ. 

Chziime

I live in NJ! Right near Princeton.

On that note, does anyone have any recommended doctors/psychiatrists/therapists who are versed in these subjects of withdrawals? I can't find any in NJ on the lists provided on this site.

ChessieCat
22 hours ago, Chziime said:

does anyone have any recommended doctors/psychiatrists/therapists who are versed in these subjects of withdrawals?

Unfortunately there are not many medical professionals in the world that recognise withdrawal symptoms and even less who actually know how to taper carefully.  That is precisely the reason why this site exists.

carefulprayerful

Boo-ya!  I knew there would be another NJ person sooner or later!  I haven’t checked here in a while.  Maybe when there’s a few  of us we can get together or something 

Adili13

I live in Nj, was wondering if any of you were still interested in connecting? 

carefulprayerful

I’m interested.  Does somewhere in northern NJ work?  A weekend or maybe Presidents Day, Monday, February 18? 

Corky

I am in central Jersey!!

carefulprayerful

Maybe we could meet in a nice area like downtown Princeton?  I just got on my soap box for like an hour with a close friend, but it would be so validating to talk to some people who really get it.  If enough people are interested, I'd love to meet up.

BfromNJ
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, Corky said:

I am in central Jersey!!

Me too!  Hillsborough to me exact.  :) 

BfromNJ
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, carefulprayerful said:

Maybe we could meet in a nice area like downtown Princeton?  I just got on my soap box for like an hour with a close friend, but it would be so validating to talk to some people who really get it.  If enough people are interested, I'd love to meet up.

Hello.  Wow I am so close to you, im in Hillsborough. We are right next door.   Just this morning after an argument with my boyfriend about me wanting to get off these meds, I felt that no one gets it. 

BfromNJ
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, ChessieCat said:

Unfortunately there are not many medical professionals in the world that recognise withdrawal symptoms and even less who actually know how to taper carefully.  That is precisely the reason why this site exists.

Where is this list on this forum? 

ChessieCat
8 hours ago, BfromNJ said:

Where is this list on this forum? 

On 11/3/2018 at 11:21 AM, ChessieCat said:

That is precisely the reason why this site exists.

This site, meaning survivingantidepressants.org or the abbreviation SA.

But we do have a topic:  recommended-doctors-therapists-and-clinics

carefulprayerful

It is frustrating trying to explain about this to people.  Maybe we can meet up on a Saturday in April if people are not doing their taxes?    :) 

BfromNJ

Love to.  My taxes are done already.  Lol.  

Chziime

Sure. I live right by Princeton, which is a good suggestion! And am free the 6th until 1pm, 7th until 2pm, then any time the 13th, 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th.

carefulprayerful

Princeton on the 13th or the 20th would be good

BfromNJ

how about the 20th?  And where?  

Chziime

@Corky and @Adili13, would you like to meet up somewhere in Princeton on April 20th for a little bit?

carefulprayerful

Are we on for next Saturday, April 20, in Princeton? Any suggestions for a place to meet? 

Chziime

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I will be at my grandma's in Long Island for an Easter dinner :/ I'm sorry, I completely forgot about that.

Meanwhile... would you like to introduce yourselves with whatever information you're comfortable?

My name is Jason, I'm turning 30 in less than a month 😖 I'm successfully off of Baclofen and almost off of Depakote. I'll take a homeostasis hiatus until after birthday plans, then drop Zoloft and finally Klonopin!

carefulprayerful

Congrats on the big 3-0, Chziime!

I’m turning 33 in the next month 😃

I joined this site last year after

I found out I had kidney damage from Lithium and had to stop taking it CT.  I am almost off Synthroid, my thyroid drug.  I am tapering Risperidone right now, and I am doing <10% a month using a microtaper because my nervous system is very sensitive to it and I have been on it 5 years.  Then I will taper Lamotrigine, and then drop the birth control pill.  I think this will take several years.  I’m just accepting that, and I’m grateful it’s going pretty well so far 👍

I am grateful for mom, my boyfriend, my friends, and even my doctor 👩‍⚕️ who are supporting me and of course this website 🙏

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!  🌈