RusTW: Seroquel CT then reinstated

RusTW

3 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Sorry your mom lost her job. Financial stress can add to your withdrawals.

Hopefully during your next window you'll see more improvements in your sleep. Over the last few months my sleep is improved. Still can't take a nap in the day but I felt close a few times. Can you take a nap?

I see you live in Southern California I was at Angelino for 22 years. I live in Northern Nevada now close to my mom. I lost my pops in summer of 2016 that fall I started to develop the physical got symptoms I think due to the loss of my pops.

Hugs man for your pops. 

I agree that most of these issues begin to crop up when a traumatic event occurs. In my case, in 2012/2013  I was trying to shoot my thesis (I'm a film kid so you can pretty much guess what school I was going to in the Downtown LA area) though several people sabotaged my project. Due to that, I lost confidence of myself, I became anti social, depressed, weepy kid. Then, I began to develop my gut issues also - diarrhea or constipation. Then, once I graduated in 2014, I felt betrayed by my peers, and within a month of leaving school is when I had my first nervous breakdown. Sadly, to top it off, four months later, my grandfather passed away. Its'being hell ever since. Taking the medication I have to acknowledged helped a lot to get me  somewhat back to that confident kid of 2012.

During this period, I couldn't take naps anymore. I only sleep four hours a day. 

Funny enough, when I entered February of this year, and began to drink chamomile teas two times a day, I slowly began to regain my naps. Over the last two weeks, I've had three to five minuete naps. Almost everyday. So, it seems the teas are helping out somewhat through these withdrawals. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

17 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Hugs man for your pops. 

I agree that most of these issues begin to crop up when a traumatic event occurs. In my case, in 2012/2013  I was trying to shoot my thesis (I'm a film kid so you can pretty much guess what school I was going to in the Downtown LA area) though several people sabotaged my project. Due to that, I lost confidence of myself, I became anti social, depressed, weepy kid. Then, I began to develop my gut issues also - diarrhea or constipation. Then, once I graduated in 2014, I felt betrayed by my peers, and within a month of leaving school is when I had my first nervous breakdown. Sadly, to top it off, four months later, my grandfather passed away. Its'being hell ever since. Taking the medication I have to acknowledged helped a lot to get me  somewhat back to that confident kid of 2012.

During this period, I couldn't take naps anymore. I only sleep four hours a day. 

Funny enough, when I entered February of this year, and began to drink chamomile teas two times a day, I slowly began to regain my naps. Over the last two weeks, I've had three to five minuete naps. Almost everyday. So, it seems the teas are helping out somewhat through these withdrawals. 

I tried my hand at acting also when I was down there. You have to have really tough skin to be in that industry it's very cut-throat. I was doing pretty good but the pressure to get into the business wore me down and I just quit. I almost went to LACC to get a film degree but just gave up on that also.

Sorry about your grandpa. I think in The Perfect Storm of Chaos we can be thrown heavy into this mind State even during which I'm noticing on my window days I'm catching myself dealing with some of the things from the past so it won't come back to haunt me later when I'm out of this so I'm trying to combine getting through withdrawals and doing my own therapy on dealing with my past. Right now my mom is very sick also and she has a lot of financial responsibility I have to help her out with.

I think I may try the camomile tea that's a good idea. If I could only get my naps back I would be so happy. Within the last few weeks I was pretty close to doing what you're doing I'm not sure if I was sleeping because I was dreaming I don't know if that can happen within minutes of falling asleep but I would jolt awake after having visual images within a few minutes of napping.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

2 minutes ago, RusTW said:

I tried my hand at acting also when I was down there. You have to have really tough skin to be in that industry it's very cut-throat. I was doing pretty good but the pressure to get into the business wore me down and I just quit. I almost went to LACC to get a film degree but just gave up on that also.

Sorry about your grandpa. I think in The Perfect Storm of Chaos we can be thrown heavy into this mine State even during which Ross I'm noticing on my window days I'm catching myself dealing with some of the things from the past so it won't come back to haunt me later when I'm out of this so I'm trying to combine getting through with withdrawals and doing my own therapy on dealing with my past. Right now my mom is very sick also and she has a lot of financial responsibility I have to help her out with.

I think I may try the camomile tea that's a good idea. If I could only get my naps back I would be so happy. Within the last few weeks I was pretty close to doing what you're doing I'm not sure if I was sleeping because I was dreaming I don't know if that can happen within minutes of falling asleep but I would jolt awake after having visual images within a few minutes of napping.

Please do try the chamomile teas. In my case, they've helped. I drink Celestial Seasonings, Honey Vanilla Chamomile. It's Caffeine free, so it won't ramp your anxiety, instead, calm you down. Within three to four weeks you should begin to notice the difference, and perhaps start regaining some sleep/naps. 

I'd love to leave film world behind, though I have a degree. I sadly can't do that. I have to push through, and show these people they've messed with the wrong person. The reason I was targeted was due to I was the poor kid who got in due to my talent, and most of the kids going to the school I went, their parents paid the film school to get them in though didn't have the chops like I did. I was foolish enough to have an open heart and befriend them, and they knew exactly were to attack me. It worked.  Now some of them, who I personally helped are executives at HBO or shot films like last year's 'Searching'. Though, they screwed me over in the process. To this day I feel a certain rage towards them, since I should had helped myself, not them. Perhaps, I wouldn't be in the situation I am in. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

13 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Please do try the chamomile teas. In my case, they've helped. I drink Celestial Seasonings, Honey Vanilla Chamomile. It's Caffeine free, so it won't ramp your anxiety, instead, calm you down. Within three to four weeks you should begin to notice the difference, and perhaps start regaining some sleep/naps. 

I'd love to leave film world behind, though I have a degree. I sadly can't do that. I have to push through, and show these people they've messed with the wrong person. The reason I was targeted was due to I was the poor kid who got in due to my talent, and most of the kids going to the school I went, their parents paid the film school to get them in though didn't have the chops like I did. I was foolish enough to have an open heart and befriend them, and they knew exactly were to attack me. It worked.  Now some of them, who I personally helped are executives at HBO or shot films like last year's 'Searching'. Though, they screwed me over in the process. To this day I feel a certain rage towards them, since I should had helped myself, not them. Perhaps, I wouldn't be in the situation I am in. 

Good for you man don't give up. I'm in my mid-forties now so I think it's past me. I was the same also I came from a poor family but I'm very artistic and had natural Talent that just needed to be nurtured I had a really good teacher who had my back who actually works on Films and I just gave it up. I do a lot of creative stuff here tie my own fishing flies do paintings and drawings I still think about acting though.

It's a Small World in that industry and eventually you cross paths with everyone and it's hard to be friendly with some of those people that are very non-creative but you have to

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

1 minute ago, RusTW said:

Good for you man don't give up. I'm in my mid-forties now so I think it's past me. I was the same also I came from a poor family but I'm very artistic and had natural Talent that just needed to be nurtured I had a really good teacher who had my back who actually works on Films and I just gave it up. I do a lot of creative stuff here tie my own fishing flies do paintings and drawings I still think about acting though.

It's a Small World in that industry and eventually you cross paths with everyone and it's hard to be friendly with some of those people that are very non-creative but you have to

I just hope my body and mind doesn't since I want to fight to the end. 

It was my last semester were my senior Cinematography professor who mentored me. At that time, I was already falling into a deep depression. I would ditch her class. Though, she realized what was happening. Instead of docking my grade, instead made me do the class exercises when I would come back. I was scared, though she showed me I was able to do great things. In the end, she told me, not to give a damn what other people say, just brush it off my back, and continue fighting. That's what I hold to at the moment. 

I agree. You have to be friends even with those who you personally find detestable. I know if I make it through this, I'll do my best, just to keep it professional as possible. 

That's good you got your teachers support. You must have potential. Keep going man.use this to get through this.

It's good experience to make you stronger. 

That's good you got your teachers support. You must have potential. Keep going man.use this to get through this.

It's good experience to make you stronger. 

Two cinematography professors mentioned the same thing to me. Back then, I didn't believe it due to my low self-esteem. Though, now I hold to that in this trail period. 

1 minute ago, manny03 said:

Two cinematography professors mentioned the same thing to me. Back then, I didn't believe it due to my low self-esteem. Though, now I hold to that in this trail period. 

Man this experience will make you soar.You will achieve anything. 

Man this experience will make you soar.You will achieve anything. 

I hope so. :) 

It's one industry that relies on life experiences. That you have now.Very unique experience that made you stronger .You will get there.its a good goal 

Notes

So it's been exactly a week since this recent wave has hit me. It feels like that intensity of the beginning of my withdrawals. The first few days of this wave was fatigue stomach pain and Mild anxiety. Throughout the days the fatigue and fog has gotten worse and the anxiety also lasting into the evening . I usually get a small window in the evening but then as we all know the morning brings lots of fun now.

I did make a larger cut on my Zoloft from 50mg to 37.5 since the beginning of the year and didn't have many problems in the beginning so I'm just hoping that that faster taper isn't catching up to me now.

I had to do this due to problems with acid reflux after I take Zoloft. I feel like this drug is destroying me from the inside out. I plan on holding this dose until at least May. January and February seem to be lower anxiety and lower symptoms aside from the GI issues.

Hope things get better for you SOON, Rus.  And hope your GI issues remain better.  Take care!

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-Feb '18 Amiloride .25mg  5/18 off Amiloride d/t react. Clonaz compounded  

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

49 minutes ago, Rabe said:

Hope things get better for you SOON, Rus.  And hope your GI issues remain better.  Take care!

Hi Rabe I had a nice break for a while. It seems like everything is cycling through again. Yesterday we adopted a cat and when we took him home he escaped and got underneath the house and I had to go pull him out. LOL

WOW!  Glad you got him back...and that you didnt get stuck under there with him!  Little stinker!

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

6 minutes ago, Rabe said:

WOW!  Glad you got him back...and that you didnt get stuck under there with him!  Little stinker!

Lol I DO understand how he feels.holy crap I was under the house for 1 1/2 hours .I finally grabbed him.Lol focusing on that yesterday caused my wave to die down for the evening. It's usually the opposite

Day 8 Bad wave extreme anxiety fog fatigue headache. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Im so sorry, @RusTW. I can relate. In the middle of one myself right now. Reinstated 4 months ago and cannot get stable. One symptom lessens; another shows up. PGAD and anxiety (mostly about the PGAD, ironically) are the worst.

Thinking of you and sending healing energy!

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

1 hour ago, Dejavu said:

Im so sorry, @RusTW. I can relate. In the middle of one myself right now. Reinstated 4 months ago and cannot get stable. One symptom lessens; another shows up. PGAD and anxiety (mostly about the PGAD, ironically) are the worst.

Thinking of you and sending healing energy!

Sorry your struggling.time heals.we got to wait it out.pgad sounds like a crappy symptom. Hang in there.

Russ

Thinking of you, Rus.  I'm sorry that you are in a bad wave.  Eight days seems like forever.  I try to tell myself that it isn't permanent, it will get better, it always does  . . . Over and over again.  Sometimes it helps.  I hope you can distract.  There's a show called Idaho From Above on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.  After I watched it one or two more shows like it were recommended.  It made me feel calmer.  There were no predators chasing prey scenes, and it was very peaceful.  

(((Rus)))

- Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rus, 

I’m really sorry you’re in a midst of a wave, yes those can certainly feel like they go on forever. Your cat story made me smile🐈

The naughty cat escaping and hiding under the house. I’m glad you got him back out. Cats can get scared in a new environment. When we first got our cat she kept hiding behind the sofas for a couple of days so we called her Heidi. Now, though, she thinks she owns the place! 😁 I’m glad you got a cat, animals are amazing and really amusing at the same time, great to watch when we’re going through withdrawals.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

Thinking of you, Rus.  I'm sorry that you are in a bad wave.  Eight days seems like forever.  I try to tell myself that it isn't permanent, it will get better, it always does  . . . Over and over again.  Sometimes it helps.  I hope you can distract.  There's a show called Idaho From Above on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.  After I watched it one or two more shows like it were recommended.  It made me feel calmer.  There were no predators chasing prey scenes, and it was very peaceful.  

(((Rus)))

- Rosetta

Thanks Rosetta I'm gonna watch that.few days back I was under the house getting our new cat.he escaped.felt like a predator myself lol.

He's adjusting now.goofy as heck though. Nice addition to my new family. 

During w/d I started a new relationship. 

It's going good.a few bumps because of withdraw. She is good to me.im lucky

Rus

1 hour ago, Carmie said:

Hi Rus, 

I’m really sorry you’re in a midst of a wave, yes those can certainly feel like they go on forever. Your cat story made me smile🐈

The naughty cat escaping and hiding under the house. I’m glad you got him back out. Cats can get scared in a new environment. When we first got our cat she kept hiding behind the sofas for a couple of days so we called her Heidi. Now, though, she thinks she owns the place! 😁 I’m glad you got a cat, animals are amazing and really amusing at the same time, great to watch when we’re going through withdrawals.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

CarmieThat's funny Heidi.We named him squirrel .he's a tabby.same personality as me.We can chill out together when he adjusts. 

Waves suck.we can't feel better without them though .so onward

Russ

9 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Thanks Rosetta I'm gonna watch that.few days back I was under the house getting our new cat.he escaped.felt like a predator myself lol.

He's adjusting now.goofy as heck though. Nice addition to my new family. 

During w/d I started a new relationship. 

It's going good.a few bumps because of withdraw. She is good to me.im lucky

Rus

I'm glad that person is able to see you through the W/D.  :) 

• Mentor

Ahhhhhh, Rus, I am indeed sorry to read you are in a wave.  I feel for you. I hope you new cat might be able to bring you some comfort.  Hopefully there are no more trips under the house.

Rachel

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Im

1 minute ago, RachelSusan said:

Ahhhhhh, Rus, I am indeed sorry to read you are in a wave.  I feel for you. I hope you new cat might be able to bring you some comfort.  Hopefully there are no more trips under the house.

RS lol thanks a few minutes ago I found out he was trapped underneath the bed now in the bed springs. LOL I don't know who's nuttier me or him.

He is my buddy.0

Thanks RS

• Moderator Emeritus
27 minutes ago, RusTW said:

CarmieThat's funny Heidi.We named him squirrel .he's a tabby.same personality as me.We can chill out together when he adjusts. 

Waves suck.we can't feel better without them though .so onward

Russ

Yes Rus, 

Look at all the lovely times you can share with your cat once she starts to get used to her new home. Heidi is not a sit on your lap cat, and she absolutely hates being picked up, but she loves lying right next to me. 

Yes, onwards and upwards in this journey. Windows and waves are all part of it. 

Enjoy the happy times with your cat💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

29 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I'm glad that person is able to see you through the W/D.  :) 

Thanks Manny I was lucky to find love in the middle of withdrawal. She knew I was in withdrawal when we first met. Everything is going well and she's a great support. All those feelings you get when you first meet somebody were incredible to feel after feeling so bad all these months. As things have progressed I feel deep love for her. Regardless of these crappy withwithdrawals

• Moderator Emeritus

That is wonderful! Sorrow shared is halved. Happiness shared is doubled. Glad you have found love during this difficult time. She sounds like a keeper!

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

35 minutes ago, Dejavu said:

That is wonderful! Sorrow shared is halved. Happiness shared is doubled. Glad you have found love during this difficult time. She sounds like a keeper!

Dejavu I like that.God sent me a angel for sure.She is definitely a keeper.

Thanks

@Gridley question for you. Last fall I tapered Seroquel from 50 to 37.5 successfully. At the end of December I started to experiencing GI upset which I believe is a side effect of my Zoloft. Given that I did a fast taper from the beginning of January to present from 50mg to 37.5 mg. During the month of January and February I had really good windows and low symptoms. Most of my GI problems faded out also. Some of the windows were so clear I felt like it was over. I would have intermittent windows and waves every 2 or 3 days and was sleeping pretty good. Low anxiety low fog. I know it's recommended the only taper 10% but I felt like I was suffering taking the Zoloft. It's always had bad effects on me it amps me up also after I take it. Given that info is it possible that this wave is from that last taper even though I had good windows. this wave I'm in right now feels like the one in the beginning. Any input would help thank you Gridley

• Moderator Emeritus

9 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Given that info is it possible that this wave is from that last taper

Going from 50mg to 37.5 is a fast taper.   It is very possible that the current wave is from that taper.   Withdrawal symptoms can be delayed.

Delayed onset of withdrawal symptoms

It sounds like you had a "honeymoon" window at the beginning, which is not uncommon, and the wave you're experiencing is entirely normal.  Often it's one step forward, two steps back, etc., and repetition of previous withdrawal symptoms (that you thought you were finished with) is common.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Going from 50mg to 37.5 is a fast taper.   It is very possible that the current wave is from that taper.   Withdrawal symptoms can be delayed.

Delayed onset of withdrawal symptoms

It sounds like you had a "honeymoon" window at the beginning, which is not uncommon, and the wave you're experiencing is entirely normal.  Often it's one step forward, two steps back, etc., and repetition of previous withdrawal symptoms (that you thought you were finished with) is common.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Thanks Gridley I appreciate that. I'm going to hold for a good while now and just tough it out. the honeymoon. Is an awful trick. Oh well. At least I got those windows

• Moderator Emeritus
35 minutes ago, RusTW said:

I'm going to hold for a good while now

Sounds good.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hi Rus...hope things improve for you with the hold!

6 hours ago, Rabe said:

Hi Rus...hope things improve for you with the hold!

Hi Rabe.Got a window last night. Ah relief. That was rough and intense.It should get better now.

Thanks Rabe

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Hi Rabe.Got a window last night. Ah relief. That was rough and intense.It should get better now.

Thanks Rabe

Glad you had a window.  I noticed in your signature you take a B-complex.   B vitamins can be activating (overly stimulating) to those in withdrawal.

Hypersensitive to B Vitamin or B-Complex  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.