Jump to content
RusTW

RusTW: Seroquel CT then reinstated

Recommended Posts

Rabe

I have used over the counter antacids and prescribed ones and haven't done well with either...tums is bad...makes my head so hot and headache.  Gavison seems better if I just chew on it in teeny bites over time.  The doctor would like me to try Pepcid...but so far I have not tried that.  My best guess is that they have minerals in then often and perhaps they muck up the ion channels/GABA sites, etc.  I do use ginger tea.  Have you tried that Rus?  Almonds sometime help.  Warm milk has helped sometimes.  

Hope you feel better.  It is not fun!!!

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
49 minutes ago, Rabe said:

I have used over the counter antacids and prescribed ones and haven't done well with either...tums is bad...makes my head so hot and headache.  Gavison seems better if I just chew on it in teeny bites over time.  The doctor would like me to try Pepcid...but so far I have not tried that.  My best guess is that they have minerals in then often and perhaps they muck up the ion channels/GABA sites, etc.  I do use ginger tea.  Have you tried that Rus?  Almonds sometime help.  Warm milk has helped sometimes.  

Hope you feel better.  It is not fun!!!

Rabe thanks for your input. I had a major problem last year my GI system. It seemed to be inflammatory type of stuff. Every time I got an endoscopy inflammation was found in the duodenum in the stomach and in the esophagus.

I did my research today and found out nobody's doing well with the temporary antacids. And I'm definitely not playing around with any more prescriptions I'm trying a licorice extract it's supposed to coat the stomach and esophagus. I'm also eating yogurt 4 probiotic

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

1030pm/bed micro dose cannabis /bed

400am/woke sore throat/mild reflux/mild anxiety

600am/woke/moderate chest and back pain/moderate anxiety/moderate intrusive thoughts/moderate reflux/back to broken sleep /weird dreams

11am/woke/zoloft 45mg/ less than 1/4 cup of coffee/water oatmeal plain/moderate anxiety/moderate reflux/moderate back and chest pain/moderate fog

1pm/moderate anxiety/moderate back and chest pain/moderate reflux/moderate fog

3pm/moderate reflux/moderate anxiety/moderate back and chest pain/mild leg twitches

5pm/moderate reflux/moderate back and chest pain/mild anxiety/mild fog

7pm/took DGL licorice for reflux/eggs and squash dinner/moderate reflux/gassy stomach/mild anxiety

9pm /took seroquel 37.5mg micro dose cannabis/moderate chest and back pain

930pm/sleep

 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

9pm/seroquel 37.5 mg-micro dose cannabis/moderate chest and back pain

 

930pm/sleep

4am woke/back to sleep

8am woke/mild chest and back pain/NO COFFEE

10am oatmeal with dates and banana/moderate to high anxiety/mild intrusive thoughts/mild twitches

1130/moderate anxiety/mild reflux/mild gass/mild fog/mild twitches

1245pm/took 45mg zoloft

130pm/moderate anxiety/mild reflux/mild gass/mild fog/mild twitches/lunch yams

330pm/moderate anxiety/moderate intrusive thoughts/moderate gassy stomach/feet burning/dinner-squash egg whites avocado-no seasoning

5pm/weights 25min/green tea manucka honey ginger/bad GI symptoms belching severe reflux/possible herx reaction

630/walk 45 min/moderate anxiety/moderate reflux/moderate chest pain

830/yogurt/mild anxiety/mild reflux/ 

900pm seroquel 37.5 microdose cannabis

10pm bed 

NOTES FOR 1-15-19

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

It looks to me like you might try Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

 

Your digestive system is not happy with something you eat frequently. The exclusion diet can help you find out what you need to avoid.

 

It can also give your gut a rest if it's been irritated or upset by drugs.

 

When you say "herx reaction" -- are you taking something for candida or detox or something?

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

9pm /seroquel 37.5 micro dosed cannabis /reflux symptoms

10pm/bed mild w/d symptoms

2am/woke/back to sleep

6am woke back sleep to lucid dreams

945/am got up from broken sleep/chest and back pain moderate

11am/zoloft 45mg

12pm moderate reflux /moderate chest and back pain/mild anxiety

4pm/moderate reflux/moderate chest and back pain

8pm/mild reflux/mild back and chest pain

1030/seroquel 37.5mg micro dose cannabis 

1130 bed

NOTES FOR 1/16/19

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

It looks to me like you might try Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

 

Your digestive system is not happy with something you eat frequently. The exclusion diet can help you find out what you need to avoid.

 

It can also give your gut a rest if it's been irritated or upset by drugs.

 

When you say "herx reaction" -- are you taking something for candida or detox or something?

Thanks Alto-Im following a super clean bland diet now with smaller portions.

The reaction i had was i had tea with manuka honey and ginger with a massive increase in gerd symptoms.These GI symptoms started around Christmas to what felt like a stomach infection in the lower intestines and moved upwards to what feels like gastritis or itis in the whole digestive tract.i might have a H Pylori infection or the medication is messing up my GI System.A week ago i took zoloft and it felt like it burned my esophagus.I was having issues before this happened.im improving slowly so hopefully its going away.i did eat a bunch of bad stuff during the holidays.Lesson learned.This has to be a life long change to eat healthy 100% of the time.

Hopefully this is my gut brain healing.My w/d started with bad nausea for months.now thats gone.My waves are way milder now over the last few weeks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

You should look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Sounds like you might have a problem with carbs.

 

Also look into the low FODMAPS diet and gut-healing protocols.

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

 

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You should look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Sounds like you might have a problem with carbs.

 

Also look into the low FODMAPS diet and gut-healing protocols.

Thanks Alto your very knowledgeable

The DGL licorice is helping .

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

I'm feeling my emotions again.Its amazing to be connected again.

My dreams are normal now.

The bad akithisia is gone for good I hope.

I'm really optimistic about recovery.Ive felt it so I know its there.

I know I'm not in the clear but this is progress for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
DaveB

Wow, this is an awesome update. You deserve it man, keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

1030pm Seroquel 37.5 mg micro dosed cannabis

1130pm bed

433am woke/back to sleep

930am/woke from broken sleep/1/6 cup of coffee tapering/mild GI symptoms/mild fog

1100am zoloft 45 mg

1130am /oatmeal blueberries/mild GI symptoms/mild fog

130pm/mild symptoms

8pm/food pea soup /moderate reflux

1030pm/ seroquel 37.5mg /micro dose cannabis/ manuka honey

1130/bed

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Woke up in a bit of a wave? 

I would say over the last month maybe two I've been getting Windows every few days waves every few days. Over the last week my withdrawal symptoms seem to be at Bay for the most part

 

It's seems like I've got a pretty good break but now it feels like I'm going into a wave again.

Has anybody had this  pattern of intermittent waves that are brief with Windows?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Pea soup is high in FODMAPs.

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Pea soup is high in FODMAPs.

Thanks Alto I'm going to delve into it a little bit more today and try to understand fodmaps.

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
On 1/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, DaveB said:

Wow, this is an awesome update. You deserve it man, keep it up!

Thanks Dave-  its a gradual recovery.windows and of course the waves.We all will get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

I'm so glad to see you are feeling better!  When I took Zoloft it burned my throat several times if I didn't take enough water.  Really painful.  

 

"Intermittent waves that are brief with windows" sounds like what I've been experiencing, and what I've seen many people experience.  I'm not sure because the waves seem very long to me, of course, and windows seem brief.  It's possible that my perception is not correct.  I don't have the stomach for looking back at my thread, but if anyone else wanted to chart it that would be fine.  Who has that kind of time, ha, ha?  

 

I think you mean your waves are brief and the windows last longer than the waves?  If so, that's very encouraging.  I believe the end of destabilization is getting closer when the waves are less frequent how ever long they may be, but everyone is different.  Some people might have less intense waves near the end of destabilization or shorter waves even if they are harsh.  I suspect that there is no particular pattern that occurs for most people affected by this syndrome.  It would be interesting to know, wouldn't it?  

 

You are doing very well and your optimism is the best indicator that you are healing nicely.  Optimism seems in short supply when in the thick of withdrawal.  If the waves are close together or very long, optimism is not very likely.  

 

All my best, Rosetta

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

I'm so glad to see you are feeling better!  When I took Zoloft it burned my throat several times if I didn't take enough water.  Really painful.  

 

"Intermittent waves that are brief with windows" sounds like what I've been experiencing, and what I've seen many people experience.  I'm not sure because the waves seem very long to me, of course, and windows seem brief.  It's possible that my perception is not correct.  I don't have the stomach for looking back at my thread, but if anyone else wanted to chart it that would be fine.  Who has that kind of time, ha, ha?  

 

I think you mean your waves are brief and the windows last longer than the waves?  If so, that's very encouraging.  I believe the end of destabilization is getting closer when the waves are less frequent how ever long they may be, but everyone is different.  Some people might have less intense waves near the end of destabilization or shorter waves even if they are harsh.  I suspect that there is no particular pattern that occurs for most people affected by this syndrome.  It would be interesting to know, wouldn't it?  

 

You are doing very well and your optimism is the best indicator that you are healing nicely.  Optimism seems in short supply when in the thick of withdrawal.  If the waves are close together or very long, optimism is not very likely.  

 

All my best, Rosetta

Hi Rosetta thanks for stopping by my thread. I appreciate your input I have the same opinion hopefully I'm getting near the end of this or at least the worst is over.

It strange now because my waves seem to have diminished in intensity and during the waves I'm getting some normalcy back.

Recently I got hit with bad GI symptoms not sure if it was a virus -diet or withdrawal but I'm weathering through it.

Good to hear you getting some windows in there

  Russ

 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Woke up feeling normal.no w/d symptoms. It's been a few weeks now since any constant anxiety.there were a few mornings I woke up with it but it faded by lunch.

I'm starting to get my hopes up this is going away and I'm getting better.

Share this post


Link to post
DaveB
3 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Woke up feeling normal.no w/d symptoms. It's been a few weeks now since any constant anxiety.there were a few mornings I woke up with it but it faded by lunch.

I'm starting to get my hopes up this is going away and I'm getting better.

 

This is so awesome, big time congrats to you my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
Just now, DaveB said:

 

This is so awesome, big time congrats to you my friend!

Thanks Dave. I hope this continues. I'm ready for more waves though.Its nice to have more confidence in recovery.It paid off to hold my taper for a few months.

 Russ

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Update stomach issues are getting better.Had another endoscopy mild inflammation in the esophagus that's it.

It seems like this was w/d.

The waves have lost intensity. No severe anxiety for almost a month.most symptoms are physical now and mild.

I'm also tapering zoloft down to 40mg from 50.doing good it's been about 3 - 4 weeks at that dose now.it pays to hold after tapers.it makes the next taper easier. 

Back to doing normal things again.sleep is a regular 6 hours sometimes none.almost able to nap. 

Hope this continues. I c the light now

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
DaveB
53 minutes ago, RusTW said:

No severe anxiety for almost a month.

 

This alone would be the absolute greatest feeling in the world! So glad you are doing better!

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
3 hours ago, DaveB said:

 

This alone would be the absolute greatest feeling in the world! So glad you are doing better!

Dave we all will get there.This happened to us for a reason.Our job is to have faith and turn this into a positive experience regardless of the suffering.

 

This phase is hard for me because I keep expecting the big waves to come back. What I've learned going through this is accepting if it does come back that I will not allow myself to not be broken down by it and continue to grow. This is such a hard thing to go through it would be a waste not to learn anything from it

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie

Hi Rus, 

 

Nice to read your latest update, I’m glad you’re doing okay. It’s nice when we get windows, it definitely helps us to see that we will heal. 

 

Sending hugs🤗

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
On 1/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Rus, 

 

Nice to read your latest update, I’m glad you’re doing okay. It’s nice when we get windows, it definitely helps us to see that we will heal. 

 

Sending hugs🤗

Thanks Carmie-You are a good example  of being positive and to keep on living.I really appreciate you.

Russ 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

I have to give great Thanks to my friend Mirage and everyone else on here for all the support and encouragement. 

 All of you are my Heroes 

Share this post


Link to post
Rosetta

I'm glad you are doing so well!!  -Rosetta

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
19 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I'm glad you are doing so well!!  -Rosetta

Thanks Rosetta- Thanks for your support. I'm hoping you are getting better days also.

Russ

 

Share this post


Link to post
DaveB

Hey man, haven’t heard from you for a bit, how have you been, Windows getting clearer and longer?

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
33 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Hey man, haven’t heard from you for a bit, how have you been, Windows getting clearer and longer?

Hi Dave Still get waves a few days a week.milder version. Longer windows that are clear.My old personality is coming  back. Now I get the normal OCD type of anxiety that I now can control with thinking differently. Something I knew would surface. Very manageable. 

The Sun shines again my Friend. It will for all of us.Stay course.

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
mirage

Haven't been on the site for quite a while. Russ it is so wonderful to see you getting better and to see the quality of life you have back. 

 

You rock friend!!!!

 

Hi to all my friends here, @Rabe, @Rosetta and @carmie. Hope all of you are doing well. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Hi Mirage > thanks for dropping by. I appreciate all your help and support through this.

Life is going more normal now.When I go to bed the only anxiety I get which is very mild is about what I could have did better at work or how could I improve myself

The terrifying withdraw anxiety or akathisia seems to be gone. I get anxiety a few days a week for half the day.

I remember quite a few months back you were encouraging me to know that there would be an end and I'm finally starting to see it.

there is a end to WD 

Holding and tapering is Key

Thanks Friend.

 Russ 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

I wanted to go ahead and do my 9 month update since it's so close now. I'm currently on 37.5 mg of Seroquel and 37.5 mg of Zoloft.

My GI issues have . up quite a bit. After all the testing it does seem that it was withdrawals causing this problem. I'm back to eating regular food.

I am still going through windows and waves. It seems like the windows are getting longer and clear. To the point to where I don't even think about with drawers. Sometimes I worry about them coming back full intensity

What's really strange is that I feel my thinking is more geared towards normal thinking about the day's events or work or relationships and not focused on being in withdraws or tripping out about my mental state.

Today I'm in a small wave with very mild symptoms anxiety is one of them. I think I just may have drank too much coffee this morning. Just a reminder moderation of everything.

For the most part I'm feeling very positive about my recovery I still do fall into that same trap of never seeing it ending sometimes. But I think that that's just a sinking issue now.

I also feel my old personality coming back during my windows and some of its older issues of worrying. Much more manageable than the akathisia or the chemical anxiety. It seems to dissipate pretty fast after it starts.

I wish all of you the best out there during your withdraws and your recovery. I hope my next update will be a good one with more progression.

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
10 hours ago, RusTW said:

CC music looping has helped me so much.its nice you found it too.i mostly listen to 80s or classical 

 

 

Hi RusTW,

 

Thanks for dropping by my topic.  Yes, it has made such a big difference.  And what I've found good is that I'm getting such a large repertoire and a good variety that there seems to be a song that fits different moods.  And I must admit that I'm enjoying knowing the words and singing along whilst driving.  It's not that long ago that I wasn't able to tolerate having music on, let alone sing with it.  It's a sign that things are improving for me.

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
8 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

 

 

Hi RusTW,

 

Thanks for dropping by my topic.  Yes, it has made such a big difference.  And what I've found good is that I'm getting such a large repertoire and a good variety that there seems to be a song that fits different moods.  And I must admit that I'm enjoying knowing the words and singing along whilst driving.  It's not that long ago that I wasn't able to tolerate having music on, let alone sing with it.  It's a sign that things are improving for me.

CC - thanks for stopping by. It seems like there's a few tricks to get through these withdrawals a little easier. This seems to be one of them. I noticed that when I'm listening to music my brain is working to remember the lyrics and having past memories connected to the song causes you to feel how you felt back then.

Hope your doing good

Russ

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy