RusTW

RusTW: Seroquel CT then reinstated

Rabe

Thank you so much Rus.  I know this is going to be a long challenging road added to the one already in front of me.  But I am so grateful for the knowledge of everyone here.  Thank you!!!  I have never done well with yogurt...I didnt feel well when I ate it...but maybe that was because I have had this for so so long.  I will try just a bit a day again.  Im going to copy and past this posts and Alto and Sheps posts to my computer and try to find the other things you said about this as well.  Want to take it to the doctor and we will go from there.  Bless you!  Hope you are feeling ok still since you got your boat in order!  Such fun that sounded for you!!

Rabe

Hi Rus,

Was just wondering what you started with first? What might be a first gentle step?  I want to take this slow and see how it goes.  Thanks.

Becky

RusTW
3 hours ago, Rabe said:

Hi Rus,

Was just wondering what you started with first? What might be a first gentle step?  I want to take this slow and see how it goes.  Thanks.

Becky

Becky I would start with your diet using lots of fibrous vegetables lots of water .  Cut out all sugar  except some fruit sugar .  Cut out all Dairy . Except  the yogurt I mentioned below coconut yogurt if you can there's a yogurt called f a g e and it seems to be very good for combating candida and sibo. The thrush on my tongue within the last week is already clearing up after ingesting This Yogurt. In the past I've used it on external candida lesions with gauze and it healed that too when nothing else could.

As far as the food you're consuming consider that most of them are probably using antibiotics and hormones which will affect your gut microbiome. Spend the extra money for cage-free or pasture-raised meats and eggs. They have a vegetable wash it's a spray and I would wash all the food you eat. Your gut is weak now and it will contracted other bacteria.

As far as a protocol to combat the sibo and candida I would use raw garlic. I found it to be the most effective without using supplements. It's also a Prebiotic. Raw ginger works well to. I split the dose in the morning of garlic a half a clove and a half a clove in the evening. Try this for a few days and see if you get a die-off reaction or how it makes you feel. I alternate that and Ginger one or two days on and then 3 days off. It's going to be hard to tell but there are symptoms of die off that feel like the flu and a lot of digestive discomforts.

I found that ground flaxseed and chia seed in my oatmeal helps move the toxins out of my gut. I also found that using papaya in the early evening helps the morning bowel movement. You can also use a spoonful papaya seeds as a protocol to they kill sibo and candida they taste like s*** though.

One very good combo that I like is artichoke ghee butter with raw garlic in the butter the garlic and artichoke are Prebiotic.

As far as fruits go I would go low sugar. Papaya would be an exception because for some reason it doesn't proliferate candida or sibo and it helps Digest there enzymes. Bromelain works well also from Pineapple it Digest the biofilm enzyme of the sibo and candida.

Make sure you're taking multivitamins and a b complex your body is probably being depleted from the bad bacteria.

I really believe this is something you cannot get rid of right away and it is definitely a lifestyle change for the good. It takes time and it's frustrating but I can tell you this much it has definitely made my withdraws way worse than they should have been and I think we get sibo and candida because our immune systems are down during withdrawals or we have a underlying disease.

I'm not sure on your post if you said you had urinary issues but this can extend into your urinary tract also. That's what I'm going through right now. It has moved from my gut into my urinary system on its way out.

AgainAlisia

Hi Rus, I am new here. I was taken to the hospital last month for suicidal ideation and have now been on 100 mg. seroquel for sleep, but it isn't really even helping-- can you explain how long it has taken you to taper and where you are now and what kind of recommendations you have for doing it safely?

Thank you.

RusTW
2 hours ago, AgainAlisia said:

Hi Rus, I am new here. I was taken to the hospital last month for suicidal ideation and have now been on 100 mg. seroquel for sleep, but it isn't really even helping-- can you explain how long it has taken you to taper and where you are now and what kind of recommendations you have for doing it safely?

Thank you.

Hi Alisia i read your intro-Def the advice from the mods is solid.They are direct because they have work that is very from the heart.listen to them.

I understand the sleep issue.what are you taking now as far as meds and dose?

AgainAlisia

Thank you for responding Rus. I did not listen to the mods—my big mistake—9 was panicked about losing my sleep and my job and then it all just spiraled out of control. I am currently on 50-100 mg seroquel for sleep and 12.5 (supposed to go to 25 today) Zoloft. My prescriber also wants me to start lithium for the suicidal ideation, but that seems crazy. I know that all of this is due to the drugs and that my initial anxiety was probably a mixture of menopause and protracted wd from benzos three years ago.

RusTW
5 hours ago, AgainAlisia said:

Thank you for responding Rus. I did not listen to the mods—my big mistake—9 was panicked about losing my sleep and my job and then it all just spiraled out of control. I am currently on 50-100 mg seroquel for sleep and 12.5 (supposed to go to 25 today) Zoloft. My prescriber also wants me to start lithium for the suicidal ideation, but that seems crazy. I know that all of this is due to the drugs and that my initial anxiety was probably a mixture of menopause and protracted wd from benzos three years ago.

DO NOT change anything. Stop panicking. That's what got you here.drugs aren't going to fix this now or never.Your prescriber is exactly that. 

Not a dr here so this is my opinion stay on 50 mg of Seroquel and stay on 12.5 mg of Zoloft and hold for some time NO new Meds. Stop changing stuff.PM me if u need to talk.

Russ

Rabe

I have to switch to a potassium pill and then stop the milk and coconut water which probably have been feeding the

bacteria very well. I start a taper tomorrow.  Got the antibiotic and it a pink pill and filled with all sorts of crazy ingredients.  And each day now it seems, since Thaksgiving, I feel worse and worse.  Ate things I had not been eating.

What do you consider the bad carbs Rus?  I have read so many things!  I have been eating rice, sweet potato and oatmeal but some things say no to all..IDK

Going to stop any more potato chips which I never ate before but seem to taste good.

I dont do well with garlic but could try a bit again.

I will also try the flaxseed with some oatmeal...I cant seem to eat too much oatmeal at one time.

What do you mean by 'no clay?"

What do you mean by antioxidants?  Food or med?  

I did get the Fage yogurt but may get the non dairy as dairy is causing so many issues.  I tried the lactose milk but felt worse seems?

Seems some doctors and people say yes to pre and probiotics and others no?  Prebiotics are generally food right?

I will check out the video.  Thank you again SO SO much!!  I have been having bladder issues.  Was hoping to get through Christmas but may have to do something before that.

Hope things are staying on the better side for you Rus.  Yes, this SIBO along with the tapering has kind of really thrown me off the rails!

Take good care!!  Soon will be spring and boat time!!!:)  Thank you again!!!!  Blessings!!

RusTW

Update -I do have prostate cancer. Confined to prostate area non aggressive type. 

Surgery or radiation. 

Lol at ease now.I was right all along. 

Doc says treatment should work. 

No wonder why I've felt like ****. 

Onward to a better life.at least I know now.

manny03
1 minute ago, RusTW said:

Update -I do have prostate cancer. Confined to prostate area non aggressive type. 

Surgery or radiation. 

Hugs man. 

My symptoms are nothing compared to what's happening to you, man. Hope they get it and you're able to move on. 

RusTW
15 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Hugs man. 

My symptoms are nothing compared to what's happening to you, man. Hope they get it and you're able to move on. 

U can get lost in the unknown. Lol the brain can b a black hole if u look .stay on the surface.Thanks Manny

manny03
7 minutes ago, RusTW said:

U can get lost in the unknown. Lol the brain can b a black hole if u look .stay on the surface.Thanks Manny

I'll try. 

RusTW
2 hours ago, manny03 said:

I'll try. 

LOL If u have urinary symptoms get a mri.they missed this.

thelegend
3 hours ago, RusTW said:

Surgery or radiation. 

oh man, sorry to hear this, but at least you know. My dad got a very similar diagnosis recently. Hopefully the surgery and/or radiation won’t be so bad. How are you doing with WD?

RusTW
4 hours ago, thelegend said:

oh man, sorry to hear this, but at least you know. My dad got a very similar diagnosis recently. Hopefully the surgery and/or radiation won’t be so bad. How are you doing with WD?

Wd is easy because all the **** I've been through. Being sick makes it physically harder but I still am in the game.thank God I cut the hot sauce lol

I got this 

B superhuman now.we are strong 

Rabe

Geez Rus...you have had one thing after another.  Wanted to say that my brother had prostate cancer and had surgery and has had no reoccurence or problems since...been 2 years I think.  I think it usually goes well if well contained and no other issues.  When will you be getting it treated?  Take care for heavens sake!!

RusTW
On 1/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, Rabe said:

Geez Rus...you have had one thing after another.  Wanted to say that my brother had prostate cancer and had surgery and has had no reoccurence or problems since...been 2 years I think.  I think it usually goes well if well contained and no other issues.  When will you be getting it treated?  Take care for heavens sake!!

Thanks Becky they said it's at a beginning stage so treatment will start in about 6 months. They gave me the option to start now but I want to get into better sleeping before I start treatment. I also have to build up my immune system as well I still am dealing with Candida due to recent antibiotic use.

RusTW

Update

Still working on building up my immune system. Having flu symptoms not sure if it's from that or withdrawal.

As far as symptoms go they have lessened. I do still have the racing anxiety but I know how to deal with it now so it doesn't affect me that bad. I'm more so having body symptoms now. Back pain fatigue headaches stomach issues and some other not so big stuff.

Overall I feel like I've made some progress going through what I've gone through in the last 3 to 4 months. I've learned to let go of the health stuff.

I feel like my doctors made many mistakes and prolong me getting treatment but I also learned that we have to look out for ourselves and Trust our gut feeling because mine was correct and I put my trust in the hands of other people and now I have to go back and trust myself and withdraw is teaching me to do that. 

We only make it as bad as we do and that's as bad as it is. I remember in the beginning of my withdrawal I just kept imagining it just getting worse and worse but it just changed. It's really not as strong as I thought it was and I think a part of my recovery is not giving a s*** about it anymore and living my life.

Best wishes to you people out there struggling you're not alone and it does get better I know it doesn't feel that way but it does.

Russ

Rosetta

Hi Rus, Glad you are feeling more positive about things.  Rosetta

RusTW

Update it's been about a month out since the last one. Things seem to be smoothing out a little bit as far as withdrawal. Still in Windows in waves pattern. Symptoms I'm having are flu like symptoms fatigue insomnia gut issues urinary issues anxiety and sometimes akathisia during bad waves.

The positive I'm now able to connect to my emotions and feel what I'm thinking. My recall is a lot better about my past memories and connecting to them also with emotion. The struggle has been on for me for about the last year with all the health stuff and relationship issues. I think all the pressure shaped me into a sword so now I can fight back. Withdraw does exist but doesn't. It no longer owns me I own it. Not saying I'm out of it but definitely learned how to deal with it in a more constructive way.

My idea of healing is continuous growth and not being stagnant regardless of how bad you feel. get your ass out there and do something when you're in a bad wave challenge yourself and grow.

RusTW
On 1/11/2020 at 2:48 PM, Rosetta said:

Hi Rus, Glad you are feeling more positive about things.  Rosetta

Thanks Rosetta for being there.

Bless you💓Russ

RusTW

So many new names in intro.Wow

RusTW

Update

I have come a long ways now nearing my 2-year mark from my cold turkey then reinstatement from Seroquel and taper from Zoloft. The last for five months have been pretty hard physically .I think that's due to other issues some of which are withdrawal symptoms . I've had a lot of food intolerance and gut issues that I'm still having some issues diet seems to resolve most of them.

I can safely say now that I'm coming out the other side. When this all began I never thought I would be living normal if not better some days. It was the struggle and having the strength to do it that made it all happen. Without that confidence and going through the struggle without drugs I would have never got where I am now. So it's more so experiencing the worst of it with your chin up and getting through the day. Not going to be easy but that's all you have to do and eventually you'll be where I'm at.

it's been a long road going through this with family and relationships. My year-long relationship ended about a month ago. It was very hard but I feel like it was making my situation a lot worse. Now that I've stepped away with courage I sleep better have way less akathisia and anxiety. Entering the relationship I felt it was beneficial as I went through it .my withdraw was used against me and I was labeled by my symptoms. Being away from that situation I've realized I'm so much more than that and it was situational issues that were making me feel bad. If you're out there and you're hurting because of a bad relationship get out of it because you'll feel better in general especially if your in withdrawal. 

Having the courage to go to work everyday and do the things that I like to do word the things also and continue to be what move me forward. I was a fast taper and dual taper as well. Since may 2018 I have come down from 100 mg of Zoloft now to 12.5. I have also come down 100 mg of Seroquel to 25mg right now. I don't recommend that you double taper to anybody I think it added more than I expected but I did it. I also want to add in that I used cannabis through the majority of my withdraw and found it highly beneficial for me to overcome the obstacles that I may not have. Again not recommending  just saying it help me.

I think there are many parts to withdraw that need to be uncovered inside of you.Diet, mental health ,spiritual health,habits and self love

RusTW

I don't really get waves anymore. Unless I create them LOL. My sleep is about 8 hours now. As I'm dropping down on my Seroquel it seems to be making me more tired which is nice. I'm falling asleep now 4 to 5 hours without it and then I take it to finish off another 4 hours. That seems to be a good trick is to try to sleep on your own and then add in the sleeping pill to get an extended sleep.

I'm hoping when I come back here I will have more good news. My life is getting better and I thank all of you on here for your support. It is a very hard place to be in and very alone. Remember you are not we have each other here and this is not in your imagination it's real. Is something that can make you a whole person or take you down. Choose to grow from this as I have and nothing will stop you not even your worst wave

@Altostrata Thank you for your dedication helping us.

I will continue to mentor these peeps to give back.

Much love Russ

senseless

Hey Rus, 

Glad to hear you are going well, you are a big inspiration for me as our stories or sort of similar. 

Hoping to hear your success story in the future. 

Were you able to sleep more than 6 hours before you started inducing sleep without seroquel?

Altostrata

You're very welcome, RusTW. Thank you for posting those very insightful updates.

Rosetta

I’m very happy to see you are feeling better.  Isn’t it amazing that we can heal?  I relate so well to your statement that you “never thought” you “would be living normal if not better some days.”  I still consider pinching myself.  Then, I have a bad day and think “This is temporary,” instead of “I’ll never get well.”  Such a different world from even a year ago.

All my love, Rosetta

Rozon1

You mentioned you got prostate cancer @RusTW. What were your symptoms? How do you feel now? 

RusTW
On 4/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, Rosetta said:

I’m very happy to see you are feeling better.  Isn’t it amazing that we can heal?  I relate so well to your statement that you “never thought” you “would be living normal if not better some days.”  I still consider pinching myself.  Then, I have a bad day and think “This is temporary,” instead of “I’ll never get well.”  Such a different world from even a year ago.

All my love, Rosetta

Thanks Rosetta it's been a long journey. I'm proud of it.I own it.it was us who plowed through those horrible stretches of waves.we will have the peace we were born to have.this experience opened eyes in a unexplainable ways.

We are survivors😎

Love ya Russ

RusTW
On 4/23/2020 at 10:38 PM, Rozon1 said:

You mentioned you got prostate cancer @RusTW. What were your symptoms? How do you feel now? 

I had symptoms for years mostly urinating 3 to 4 times a night.most of my life I've had prostate inflammation. It was when I started getting yeast infections internally. In my prostate as well and continue.my immune system showed weakness. Gut issues and pain when urinating. I had a low PSA and negative DRE.Doc said I've had it for 5 yrs aprox 

My option now is to enjoy my sex life until prostatectomy he says about 4 to 5 yrs with the grade of cancer I have.it grows slow.

Radiation is not a option too many side effects.he said I'm too young 47.he said he could give me secondary cancer.He made that mistake in the past.You can bet I'm going to enjoy lol

Life is good.

After the torture of withdrawal I can take anything.

Fear doesn't exist we create it....

Russ)

RusTW
On 4/23/2020 at 7:10 AM, senseless said:

Hey Rus, 

Glad to hear you are going well, you are a big inspiration for me as our stories or sort of similar. 

Hoping to hear your success story in the future. 

Were you able to sleep more than 6 hours before you started inducing sleep without seroquel?

Thank you.I hope I can help in any way.Let me know.

Before Seroquel it was 10mg of zyprexa for months. Almost eqevailant in cross dose on anti psychotics to Seroquel in the drug profiles. The idiot didn't bridge me.

So no my sleep went to **** about a year prior to psych drugs. It was broken then.About 5 hrs max then turned to anxiety insomnia driven by hypochondria. 

Now its 7 or 8 and I'm feeling deep sleep again.naps are vague. I can't tell I have them.No anxiety

It seems like I'm getting strong even with cancer.the body heals amazing.

I Thank God for that

Russ

RusTW

Lol I tapered down zoloft as well.They both deserve there rights as poisons.I was dedicated to taper both.Boy it hurt.

I'm glad I stood strong. It was soooooo worth it.

I'm lucky on these Low doses I can taper easier.

Im Hoping soon to b off zoloft then Seroquel.

Keep on

Russ

RusTW

Don't give up