SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Freedom1975: this is hard

Freedom1975

• Administrator
On 7/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, Freedom1975 said:

July 7

Med schedule the same as the day before.

Symptoms today are similar to yesterday. Stomach problems have intensified. Feels like someone inflated a beach ball inside me. Did go to the washroom though. Felt like an anxiety attack was coming but never did. 

8am tried getting out of bed but had like a bad drunken feeling. Wobbly legs , confusion and blurred vision.

11:30 am forced myself to eat. Had zero energy and a terrible headache.

12pm-3pm same confused state. Just sat and couldn't think straight. Its a scary feeling

3pm ate food which of course just added to the stomach pain

Dont remember much of the day after that.

8pm anxious feeling set in. Started wondering if this will ever end. Which didnt help the situation.

11pm the stomach pain is out of hand. Thinking the pain is adding to my poor thinking and confusion. While typing this i forget what i am doing and have to re-read everything i wrote. 

Sorry this is all over the place.

Ok read what you wrote. So i guess make up a liquid dose of propranolol and start to taper that. Should i space it out different as well? Maybe take it at 8 am and 330pm. Or is that asking for trouble?

Thx

Kevin

Hi, Freedom. If you took the propranolol at different times, it's likely the nausea would move around, too. You might try dividing the propranolol dose into 3 smaller doses and take 3 times a day instead of two. It's possible lower amounts will not trigger nausea.

It's very possible your body doesn't  need this amount of propanolol any more. Very gradually reducing the dosage allows your body to adjust. See Tips for tapering off propranolol

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freedom1975

• Altostrata

• Carmie

• wantrelief

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think i get nausea when i take the propranolol. The nausea is around all day just gets worse when i eat. Unfortunately the only time i dont feel nausea is after i take my mirtazipine at night. Today has been awful. I will put it in my log later. When u say 3 times a day what time schedule do u think would be best?

These are all start dates for current meds. 

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

July 2017 zoloft, clonazepam 

Oct 2017 propanolol

Am now taking 12.5 mg Zoloft. 3.75 mg zopiclone. 0.5mg clonazepam and 5 mg propanolol. 15 mg of mirtazipine.

Was quickly tapered off lexapro and started having nausea issues. Was givin metaclopermide and got severe Akathasia. This was about a year a go. Since then they put me on multiple drugs which of course made the Akathasia worse.so i have ct a lot of drugs in the last year and have been on the above drugs for about 8 months. Started tapering the zoloft 3 months ago. Any specific questions about meds i was givin please ask

July9

8am. .125mg clonazepam with food

Just lay in bed. Stomach feels like its not working

11am. 11mg zoloft 2.25mg propranolol with food

1130am very anxious

12pm hands keep shaking

1230pm very agitated and very weak feel some kind of fear. 

3pm 2.25mg propranolol with food. Have a terrible headache. Weird twitch in my bicep

530pm .125mg clonazepam

Just in a funk and very restless

8pm ate

11pm mirtazipine 15mg, .125mg clonazepam, 3.75 mg zopiclone

1130pm feel more calm and relaxed. Can actually sit still and read.

Stomach has been bloated and full all day. Unable to concentrate on anything.

2am still awake unable to sleep. Stomach has calmed down and feel somewhat calm. So being awake isnt the end of the world.

3am .125mg clonazepam

Would put more symptoms and problems but i feel bad bothering u guys with these problems

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Am now taking 12.5 mg Zoloft. 3.75 mg zopiclone. 0.5mg clonazepam and 5 mg propanolol. 15 mg of mirtazipine.

Was quickly tapered off lexapro and started having nausea issues. Was givin metaclopermide and got severe Akathasia. This was about a year a go. Since then they put me on multiple drugs which of course made the Akathasia worse.so i have ct a lot of drugs in the last year and have been on the above drugs for about 8 months. Started tapering the zoloft 3 months ago. Any specific questions about meds i was givin please ask

Saw my psychiatrist today and she approves of taper. Offer other meds to help with it. I wasnt really listening to the meds she said because i wanted nothing to do with them. She did offer TMS to help with the taper. Does that even make sense? Didnt realize that was used for that. I should also mention its free living in canada.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Havent logged i a few days was waiting for a response. Since lowering the propranolol i only sleep 2 hours a night. Feel like i am going crazy. I am filled with energy but so tired i can barely move. Evertime i close my eyes to try and sleep its like I go into a weird state that feels like i am hallucinating. I dont know what to do

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Moderator Emeritus

Please keep your drug and symptom journal updated daily. 

Also, please post how much you have reduced the propranolol. Did the nausea get better with the reduced dose? 

Ok do the log. Lowered the propranolol by .25mg per dose. Nausea better sure. Not sleeping and feel like i am losing my mind are bothering me more than nausea. I did by mistake 2 days ago only take 5.5mg of zoloft instead of 11mg. I am sure hoping that is why i feel like this and it will improve

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Freedom1975 said:

Ok do the log. Lowered the propranolol by .25mg per dose. Nausea better sure. Not sleeping and feel like i am losing my mind are bothering me more than nausea. I did by mistake 2 days ago only take 5.5mg of zoloft instead of 11mg. I am sure hoping that is why i feel like this and it will improve

Hi Freedom, 

Yes, it can take a little while to stabilise again when you’ve made a mistake in tapering. I’ve done that before and made symptoms worse but eventually stabilised again. 

Lots of people on here have done the same thing and quite a few had worsening symptoms until their brain reached equilibrium again. 

You only made the mistake once, so hopefully it won’t take to long to stabilise. 

Wishing you all the best💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

July 16

Trying to fill out my log. 

8am .125mg clonazepam with food

Feel hopeless and cant shake the feeling of emptiness.

11am 11mg zoloft, 2.25mg propranolol with food

Had to force myself to take these. Want this poison out of me. Know i cant just stop.

3pm 2.25mg propranolol with food

My mind and body are empty. Just feel hopeless.

530 pm .125mg clonazepam with food

Hope this would help with this new level of low i am feeling. Feels like i am on the brink of an anxiety attack but doesnt come. Hope this is just a wave. Dont know how much longer i can handle this. Post more later. Thx for listening

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Trying to find information on agamatine for ssri withdrawal. Does anyone on here have any knowledge on the subject. Yes i am getting desperate. Looking into everything to help with this process. Forgot to say i am asking about agamatine to use as a sleep aid. It feels like i am going crazy not sleeping and one part of me is saying take more zopiclone which i know is a bad idea. Magnesium isnt doing a thing to relax me. Suggestions and advice would be awesome.

Thx

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Anybody?

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

What do you mean by "agamatine"? Generally, we don't recommend additional drugs.

What is your sleep pattern now? See

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

It looks like your symptoms are emotional, is that correct? You're aware that "depression" can be a side effect of benzos and propanolol? As long as you're taking those, you may have those symptoms. While you are letting your nervous system settle down from going on and off drugs, you will need to manage the emotional symptoms.

Changing the channel from despairing over your condition will be very important. As long as you are focused on that, you will feel awful.

See

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms 

Deep emotional pain and crying spells, spontaneous weeping

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata thx for the link i will read them. I use melatonin for sleep already. Agamatine sulfate is just a supplement you can get from the health food store. Most of my symptoms are actually physical or I think they are. My sleep pattern now is up all night. Lay in bed like i am asleep but feels more like i am having a bad trip. Not sleeping i can deal with its just the constant on edge about to burst feeling thats brutal. The emotional part of things i can kinda handle. The cognitive issues that are playing havoc om my brain. The physical symptons are the worst part. The stomache pain the constant brain zaps( which are new). Involuntary body movements etc. It feels like my body is craving the drug. I will try and read the links.

Once again thankyou for your time

Sorry if what i wrote doesnt make much sense

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

I don't see brain zaps in your daily notes. When did they start? Please post daily notes with your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

When did you start taking 12.5mg Zoloft? Please update your signature.

I am thinking 3.75 zopiclone, 15mg mirtazapine, plus clonazepam before you go to bed are going paradoxical and keeping you from sleeping.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Freedom, 

How are you doing?💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Freedom1975: this is hard