Wwaterboy: My family's and my story with Paxil

Wwaterboy

You need to relax your system. Are you going to try and stabilise on Celexa or get off it?

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wwaterboy

• Altostrata

• jonnypeters1234567

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't put that in my body again. I just can't.

2000: Between 10 - 20 mg for over 17 years.

March 2018: Paxil free. Bad taper over about 6 months starting at 10 mg using a pill cutter and 20 mg pills.

June 27 2018: Started 2.5 mg using a pill cutter Paxil.

July 1ish: Stupidly tried 5 mg and then have been back down to 2.5 mg.

July 5: 0.5 mg. liquid.

My friend gave me some Remeron I'm wondering if it would help me? Does anyone have success on here with that?

March 2018: Paxil free. Bad taper over about 6 months starting at 10 mg using a pill cutter and 20 mg pills.

I should probably not touch it and just try to fall asleep naturally.

I want to live without meds but my god we're looking at years here! Years off my life!

Maybe I'll do 5 of the celexa tomorrow.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please do not add more than one drug at a time, you won't know where adverse reactions, if any, are coming from.

If I were you, I'd start with 0.5mg Celexa, keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

It could be that a little Celexa is enough. Let us know how you're doing. Try not to post repetitiously, we'll look for alerts as soon as we can.

4 hours ago, Wwaterboy said:

Restinstating was a horrible idea. I mean, all of a sudden my symptoms are gone -- akithesia, vomiting, shaking, but my head feels horrific.

Are your symptoms gone?

After extensive back and forth, in which I emphasized that you take a very low dose, such as 0.5mg Celexa, and carefully explained the reason, you took 10mg.

Yes, 10mg Celexa was too much for you. You were cautioned about this. Do not take 5mg tomorrow. You will have to let your system settle down. In a few days, you might be able to take 0.5mg.

Your habits of self-medicating are getting you into trouble. Also, you're wasting my time, and I won't tolerate that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you, Altostrata. I'm sorry.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Wwaterboy said:

Yeah, I should have only done 5. Or less.

I suggested Prozac, you decided on Celexa. I suggested 0.5mg, you decided to take 10mg. What's wrong with this picture?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I don't know what I was thinking. The sleep deprivation is driving me nuts. I will listen to everything you have to say because this is life or death.

After getting on and off the paxil I completely lost my libido. I always had a very strong libido even while on Paxil. It's the destabilizing thing that probably kills it. There is very real brain damage going on here.

• Administrator

It is not brain damage, it is neurological destabilization. Read What is withdrawal syndrome?

Please spend more time reading informational topics in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum so you understand what we're telling you here.

Does post acute withdrawal syndrome ever go aware after reinstating a different drug? It doesn’t does it.

• Administrator

To avoid being high-maintenance, please use search on this site or Google site:survivingantidepressants.org to read our existing discussions about reinstatement.

desensitization reaction.

How could this be guys...

• Administrator

Stop the repetitious posting. You took too much SSRI, you got a kindling reaction. It will take time for your nervous system to settle down.

Has ANYONE ever heard of sudden onset impotence from Paxil?

• Administrator

To avoid being high-maintenance, please use search on this site or Google site:survivingantidepressants.org to read our existing discussions about sexual dysfunction.

I have impotence from Citalopram, but thats the least of my worries

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

If thats your main worry you are doing alright

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

Is the impotence physiological or is it do to desensitization of some sort of nerve cells? What issues are you talking about Johnny? My blood pressure is through the roof. So maybe physiological and it can be saved? I think I have major heart disease from Paxil and alcohol and I will probably be headed to the hospital soon. My impotence came on suddenly like a hurricane. BAM! It was like a cord was cut. It definitely seems like it is a sense issue. Can it ever return?

• Administrator

You are experiencing blood pressure dysregulation from going on and off drugs, plus the alcohol. As you know, blood pressure regulation is an autonomic function. Psychiatric drugs and withdrawal affect the autonomic nervous system. It is dysautonomia.

If you stopped screwing around with your drugs, it will settle down. Getting at least a half-hour of gentle exercise per day will help.

Along with recovering from dysautonomia, we see people very slowly and gradually recovering from iatrogenic sexual dysfunction when they are off the drugs.

You have not been singled out to suffer this adverse effect. Sexual dysfunction affects greater than 50% of those who take SSRIs. Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) may follow.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

Stop posting repetitively and read the links we give you. Being high-maintenance will cause your ejection from this site.

32 minutes ago, Wwaterboy said:

Is the impotence physiological or is it do to desensitization of some sort of nerve cells? What issues are you talking about Johnny? My blood pressure is through the roof. So maybe physiological and it can be saved? I think I have major heart disease from Paxil and alcohol and I will probably be headed to the hospital soon. My impotence came on suddenly like a hurricane. BAM! It was like a cord was cut. It definitely seems like it is a sense issue. Can it ever return?

Im desensitised, but it comes and goes. Yes it returns

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

My blood pressure has sky rocketed since that last kindling reaction. Hopefully it dies down?

Sorry Alto, I didn't read your great post about the sexual dysregulation. The paxil caused it, which I'm off now and on Celexa. So I would have to get off the celexa to get it back? I hear you. No more screwing around with my drugs.

Wow, I think 0.5 mg Celexa taken at night is going to do me wonderfully. Once the initial flight of ideas wears off I feel amazing. I realize I've been in Paxil withdrawal, for those 4 months, for what felt like so long. I'm very sad that I've lost my ability to have sex, that's for sure. It makes me realize everything is brain chemistry. And when we went on these drugs, and psychiatrists who just don't know what they were doing, they were obviously giving way to high of doses. I do feel good again for the first time in a long time. This may inspire me to become a psychiatrist nurse practitioner and practice medicine psychiatrist medicine in this manner. So many problems with our psychiatry. Granted, no meds is better. Trying to get back on Paxil was the worst idea ever. It truly was like my body rejected it on every level. Alto, thank you so much for your help during this time. Such reprocussions to the decisions in using these drugs, it's amazing.

• Administrator

Why do you think 0.5mg Celexa taken at night is going to do you wonderfully?

Well, you're right. I guess I get a window at a certain time with the Celexa that is great. When I take it in the morning, it makes me very flighty and have dry mouth. So, I was thinking taking it at night would do me well, because after that wears off, I feel really great. I'm having terrible diarrhea though. Hopefully that goes away. I’m so angry at myself for trying to go back on Paxil to make myself feel better after 4 months of withdrawals and now I’ve lost my ability to get an erection.

• Administrator

How much Celexa are you taking?

Enough about the erection, please.

I took .5 today and 10 yesterday.

I took the .5 this morning.

Ugh, I'm all over the place with my dosages. Should I just stay on 0.5 in the morning!? I took 10 yesterday and I think I had good sleep last night, I don't remember. Now I'm afraid of night time and my head feels funny because I'm worried about sleep. I really need to figure out a plan and stick to it.

• Administrator

You're still metabolizing the 10mg you took two days ago. The amount in your bloodstream is gradually decreasing.

You will have to put up with fluctuations in symptoms until your nervous system settles down, which can take weeks or longer. You need to stop panicking every time you feel a wave of something or another. You need to learn to stay calm.

If you have a bad night, you might practice meditation to calm your system down.

I suppose you could continue 0.5mg, taken at the same time each day, to establish a habit of stable dosing. If you can't stick to any kind of stability in your dosing, we won't be able to help you.

Alto, that is exactly what I was thinking. 0.5 mg tomorrow morning! Thank you! I feel like I'm actually going to be able to sleep tonight! Famous last words.

Alto, I am so inspired by you, I'm not kidding. I would love to make this my life's work, but I could never be anything close to the same provider as you. Right now I feel okay, after, whatever that was that I went through? How could I have been so stupid and naïve to do what I did? Reinstating 2.5, switching to 5, down to 0.5, etc. Those seemed to be symptoms of post acute withdrawal? I just want to thank you, because right now, I feel okay.