Wwaterboy: My family's and my story with Paxil

Wwaterboy

Ugh, you're so right, I should have done the Prozac. I'm going to crash from this Celexa. I'm right on the edge with my job, although they are very supportive. I have to show that I'm a good employee the next 2 weeks. This is going to be a challenge.

2000: Between 10 - 20 mg for over 17 years.

March 2018: Paxil free. Bad taper over about 6 months starting at 10 mg using a pill cutter and 20 mg pills.

June 27 2018: Started 2.5 mg using a pill cutter Paxil.

July 1ish: Stupidly tried 5 mg and then have been back down to 2.5 mg.

July 5: 0.5 mg. liquid.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wwaterboy

• Altostrata

• jonnypeters1234567

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the booze that did me in. Drinking and reinstating the Paxil. That did it. That caused the kindling reaction.

2000: Between 10 - 20 mg for over 17 years.

March 2018: Paxil free. Bad taper over about 6 months starting at 10 mg using a pill cutter and 20 mg pills.

June 27 2018: Started 2.5 mg using a pill cutter Paxil.

July 1ish: Stupidly tried 5 mg and then have been back down to 2.5 mg.

July 5: 0.5 mg. liquid.

• Moderator Emeritus

WB please stop catastrophising, neither you nor us can predict the future.  You need to calm down and that in turnm will help lower your blood pressure. You felt much better at 0.5, please stick with that dose EVERY SINGLE DAY so that you can stabilise. You have screwed your nervous system with the constant experiments. You WILL have bad days, and good days. Make the most of the good ones and remember them on the bad ones. 

You are anurse, what would you say to a patient who takes no notice and tells you that they are not taking the drug you are administering and demand another, or a different dose, then tell you that it hasn't worked? I can imagine 2 words you would be uttering under your breath! :D

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

Last year I had an eye stroke and it affected my vision, I couldn't drive or use the computer. Couldn't read or even cross a road safely. The doctor at the hospital told me that 70% of people do not recover their vision.  At first I was devastated and couldn't see myself coping long term. Then I told myself that the statistics say that 30% DO recover, so I decided I would be in that 30% instead of moping about being permanent. I DID recover my vision. Don't assume that you will not recover, there is nothing to suggest that you will be in the permanent number, they are actually very few.  

My BP was 235/115 and doctors insisted on meds which made me very sick.  Fresh juice helped a lot, I bought a juicer. Apple, cucumber and celery with mint leaves reduces it. I also bought a respirate machine. My BP is now much more stable. The respirate regulates and slows breathing, this relaxes the blood vessels. Youtube has many videos on breathing to lower BP, I would recommend them. 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

How are you doing now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata locked this topic