mirage

Questions for those who have had success

gentlehermione
17 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Mirage and gentle: 

did anything change in your lives that could have made your symptoms worse? 

@Madeleine

This is the first time mine have worsened for a few consecutive days. Nothing in my life has changed whatsoever. 

gentlehermione
23 hours ago, mirage said:

Its almost like ive gone back to the beginning, only not quite as intense. 

@mirage

That's how I feel, too 😞

mirage

@gentlehermione This wave is really a tough one. Although one good thing seems to be happening. I'm actually feeling a bit tired. I know this sounds odd, but up until now, the more tired I would get the worse my symptoms would get and even though I would yawn and yawn, I never truly felt tired. Trying to find positives in this wave and this is one. 

I am praying that this wave gives way to lighter and better days for both of us. God bless.

gentlehermione
13 hours ago, mirage said:

I am praying that this wave gives way to lighter and better days for both of us. God bless.

I pray every day that there will soon be a light at the end of this long tunnel! Will include you in my prayers, too.

Ox123
On 6/29/2018 at 2:46 AM, mirage said:

However, I am sleeping about 6 hours straight every night and I am able to doze a smidge after I wake at 4 am.

Funny you say that. I came off Remeron when you did. Im having that exact symptom, sleeping 5/6 hours, wake at 4am, doze off again until around 6/7. Morning cortisols seem to be a thing of trend for those of us who tapered off Remeron. I think the long term use of this drug and its ability to help us sleep probably messes with our body clock. 

I'm far from recovered, but my recovery process so far has been as follows: 
-Stopped Remeron > 3 weeks great > 3 weeks anxious > 3 weeks great > 2 weeks anxious > 10 days fine > 1 week anxious > Now some anxious days, some great days, but all less intense.

95% of my symptoms are psychological, I'm 28 years old and although ive lost weight due to this, there hasn't been any severe physical withdrawals. My view on it all is that the new negative habbits the brain has learned take a long time to forget, so when you have that random memory of something bad happening in the past, this also applies to symptoms coming back randomly. You'll have bad memories for a very long time, but overall they become less and less intense. IMO

mirage

@Ox123 Thanks for the information. I truly appreciate it. I have an extra issue due to the fact I was on Wellbutrin 300 for 8 years and I quit cold turkey in May of 2017. I didn't get any symptoms until June of 2017. My dr put me on the Remeron thinking that would help. At the time, I had no idea why I was so sick and my dr was certain it was anxiety. Of course it was anxiety but from the withdrawal. I didn't find this sight until much later and none of my drs even suggested it could be such a thing. I ended up being on Remeron for about 4 months. It was a nightmare! 

You are in a good position to, hopefully, recover pretty quickly. Most of my symptoms are physical. Two of the biggest, dizziness and anxiety. I am 13 months into this journey and I have improved but am still pretty far from being my healthy self. 

Keep moving forward. Sending well wishes your way. 

RusTW
1 minute ago, mirage said:

@RusTW My nausea lasted about 5 months and then it was mild for a couple of months after that. 

I do get windows and waves. My windows aren't symptom free but things are more manageable. I find that I get worse when I work out hard or am under some type of extreme stress. Im just now able to recognize a window while I am in it. Prior to recently, I would only know I had a window when a wave came back. The waves have been so rough! 

We have to stay strong and faithful and continue to live each day as best we can. We have to ride this out. We will get better. It is just timing and patience. 

some hope/ i cold turkeyd and was thinking the nausea is never gonna leave what did you do for nausea.strange i was amped up before my last window

mirage

@RusTW I tried ginger chews and ginger tea, and I drank protein shakes for the nausea. I also chewed Pepto tablets. 

I had nausea so bad I could barely sip liquids. It has all gone away and I can eat anything. 

RusTW
9 minutes ago, mirage said:

@RusTW I tried ginger chews and ginger tea, and I drank protein shakes for the nausea. I also chewed Pepto tablets. 

I had bad I could barely sip liquids. It has all gone away and I can eat anything. 

did your nausea did your nausea get progressively worse or was it bad and then got better and then did it come in waves and windows

mirage

@RusTW My nausea gradually got better. It never got worse. During the first 6 months, while I had the severe nausea, I didn't have any windows so it was consistently bad. 

RusTW
1 hour ago, mirage said:

@RusTW My nausea gradually got better. It never got worse. During the first 6 months, while I had the severe nausea, I didn't have any windows so it was consistently bad. 

glad that the nausea got better for you that's my biggest fear is that the nausea will get so bad that I can't handle it

RusTW
Just now, RusTW said:

glad that the nausea got better for you that's my biggest fear is that the nausea will get so bad that I can't handle it

was it worse at different times of the day or with physical activity

mirage

@RusTW My nausea started the second my body became coherent, in bed, in the morning and it stuck with me all day, every day,  until around 6 months. I was dropping weight so fast and I could not afford that. I got down to 104lbs. Once it went away, I was able to put the weight back on and maintain my normal size. 

RusTW
8 minutes ago, mirage said:

@RusTW My nausea started the second my body became coherent, in bed, in the morning and it stuck with me all day, every day,  until around 6 months. I was dropping weight so fast and I could not afford that. I got down to 104lbs. Once it went away, I was able to put the weight back on and maintain my normal size.                                             

RusTW

it seems like I'm going through the same thing with nausea as soon as I open my eyes in the morning I'll have bad anxiety and then my stomach and then I start to get that nauseated feeling I'm the opposite I put on about 30 pounds so having the nausea is helping me lose that extra weight I gained I was in great physical shape before I started taking these drugs

RusTW

it gives me hope to know that you made it through 5 months of the nausea cuz it's a terrible thing to have to go through especially with anxiety

mirage

@RusTW You will make it through this. I felt just as you do. I remember being so scared and afraid because my weight was just falling and I am very small and had no weight to lose.

I had days when it would take me an hour to get in a piece of toast and I could barely sip water. I had to rely on my protein shakes. For some reason, I could get those down as long as they were cold and I drank them through a straw. Makes no sense, I know, but that is what it took. 

Take it one day at a time and know, "this too shall pass". It will. 

RusTW

did your nausea abruptly end or did it go away gradually did you get Windows and waves of it before it went away

RusTW
1 hour ago, mirage said:

@RusTW You will make it through this. I felt just as you do. I remember being so scared and afraid because my weight was just falling and I am very small and had no weight to lose.

I had days when it would take me an hour to get in a piece of toast and I could barely sip water. I had to rely on my protein shakes. For some reason, I could get those down as long as they were cold and I drank them through a straw. Makes no sense, I know, but that is what it took. 

Take it one day at a time and know, "this too shall pass". It will. 

Very inspiring that u made it.I freak out sometimes because I think omg this is going to last forever.mine all started with a urinary infection was put on cipro and had bad reaction.my doc decided I needed atvian to sleep.that's when my world changed.I got extreme health anxiety so then they added zyprexa than changed to seroquel.now I believe all the health anxiety was caused by interdose withdrawal from ativan.I had so many health test all negative.

mirage

@RusTW I am by no means, fully healed. I still have the anxiety, head fog, some eye weirdness and dizziness along with head/jaw pressure. However, I had soooo many symptoms when this journey started that are now gone and nausea is one of them. 

Mine started from a ct off Wellbutrin 300 in May of 2017. I didn't get any symptoms until June of 2017. It was a full month after I stopped. I was on the med for 8 years. My obgyn put me on it to help ease pms symptoms. I had never had any type of anxiety so I know this is competently from the withdrawal. In fact, I had a cast iron system. Was very healthy. Ran 20  miles a week and worked out every day. I do push through each day and I try and do my normal things but this has been life altering...for now. I do not expect for this to be my new normal. I will get back to me. 

My nausea going away, was more of a gradual thing. I am finding out that this healing, in every way, is gradual. VERY GRADUAL! I keep hearing it is not linear and that is for sure true. I never notice anything right away. I have to look back in months and realize that some things are better. I am here to tell you improvement is measured after months not days or weeks. For instance, I know I am better than I was at this time last  year and I know I am better than I was this winter. I can look back at events and remember how sick I was compared to now. 

I am pretty resilient and have always been. This has been VERY challenging. Let yourself know these symptoms are all from an overactive nervous system. Accept what is happening and live each hour, each day, as best as you can. By fighting this we make symptoms worse. Especially the anxiety. I do realize that it is hard to do but it is the only thing we can do. You still need to live life and you will be back one day, full and ready to celebrate the end of this journey. Through this we are gaining things we need. We don't know it now, but once we are on the other side, we will see it. 

RusTW

I didn't have any symptoms in tell about 3 weeks after I cold turkey seroquel  I didn't know what hit me I got hit with the nausea and itching all over and then I realize I was in withdrawal so I decided to reinstate 100 mg of Seroquel which didn't help much it was given to me for insomnia now I'm about 60 mg to go I've only had a couple window so far hopefully it'll get better

bluepm

are  you running know  ? 

mirage

Hi @bluepm. I am not back to running yet. However, I have been able to pick up the pace to a fast walk. I am walking about 4 miles or a bit over that, in an hour. I am seeing improvement. 

How are you doing?

bluepm

some good days and some bad days 

mirage

Hi @bluepm. It is nice to hear you are having some good days. You are healing. 

Liamb123456
On 9/17/2018 at 11:24 PM, mirage said:

Hi @bluepm. It is nice to hear you are having some good days. You are healing. 

Hi Mirage I'm 13 months out cold turkey everything got worse for me were you like that I hope your healing more how you feeling today 

mirage

Hi @Liamb123456. I had a pretty rough time at 12 and 13 months. Long, hard waves. 

I am at 15 months out and doing better. Although a lot of my symptoms have gone or gotten milder, I am still pretty far from myself. But I am able to workout every day, I work part time and I took a trip in August and I am getting ready to go on another one. 

I am staying positive and trying to maintain normal days and quality to each day. 

Stay strong and find blessings. 

Hugs

Liamb123456
29 minutes ago, mirage said:

Hi @Liamb123456. I had a pretty rough time at 12 and 13 months. Long, hard waves. 

I am at 15 months out and doing better. Although a lot of my symptoms have gone or gotten milder, I am still pretty far from myself. But I am able to workout every day, I work part time and I took a trip in August and I am getting ready to go on another one. 

I am staying positive and trying to maintain normal days and quality to each day. 

Stay strong and find blessings. 

Hugs

Hey thanks for the reply see I also cold turkey sleeping pills 16 months so I'm not sure if this or Zoloft I cold turkey but was doing really ok till just one year off the Zoloft then just near 13 months got so much worse head pressure stomach issues and more food intolerances just can't get my head around it what symptoms got worse for you I feel like I'm back right at the start 

Liamb123456
On 7/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, mirage said:

@gentlehermione I am 13 months off and have hit a pretty bad wave that started last Wednesday. Other than a few hour window on July 4th, it has been ongoing symptoms. 

I understand when you say you have pronounced dizziness and anxiety. I was doing better as well and then these past few waves have been really tough. Its almost like ive gone back to the beginning, only not quite as intense. 

The only thing we can do is push forward and live each day to the fullest we can with these symptoms. No matter what, we can find a few things that are positives in each day and focus on those. 

Yes, may God give us strength. I pray for that each and every day. I will add you to my prayer list and one day we will be healed and we will have put this journey behind us. 

Hey I see you got bad wave at 13 months out was any insomnia at that stage I'm starting to get 13 months thinking it's a wave 

mirage

Hi @Liamb123456 I have had problems with sleep and insomnia this entire journey. Odd dreams, short bouts of sleep. Maybe 4 hours a night. A good night would be about 5 straight hours. Trouble falling asleep, even though I am exhausted. However, it is improving, but like everything else with this recover...very, VERY slowly. Hang in there friend. 

Liamb123456
1 hour ago, mirage said:

Hi @Liamb123456 I have had problems with sleep and insomnia this entire journey. Odd dreams, short bouts of sleep. Maybe 4 hours a night. A good night would be about 5 straight hours. Trouble falling asleep, even though I am exhausted. However, it is improving, but like everything else with this recover...very, VERY slowly. Hang in there friend. 

Sorry for all questions is it slowly getting wore but how your sleep thing is I was sleeping ok then 6/7 hours at times now this like my stomach jacked up big time too Ye it like your brain forgets how too sleep caused Ye get anxiety over it 

mirage

Hi @Liamb123456. Hang in there. It will get better. Our bodies are just so very confused right now. None of our system is working together. 

Liamb123456
16 hours ago, mirage said:

Hi @Liamb123456. Hang in there. It will get better. Our bodies are just so very confused right now. None of our system is working together. 

Sorry just last question mirage did you get bad depression like sucidal thoughts come back at 13 months out 

mirage

Hi @Liamb123456 You are welcome to ask as many questions as you want and I will be happy to answer them the best I can. 

I really didn't have any suicidal thoughts at all through this journey. I had some dark days when I felt really sad and I felt nervous that some peoples minds do go there. I thought, "could that happen to me"?  I did not have any depression or anxiety prior to going on the med 8 years ago. I was put on it for moodiness associated with PMS. 

Stay strong and remain faithful friend.

Liamb123456
6 minutes ago, mirage said:

Hi @Liamb123456 You are welcome to ask as many questions as you want and I will be happy to answer them the best I can. 

I really didn't have any suicidal thoughts at all through this journey. I had some dark days when I felt really sad and I felt nervous that some peoples minds do go there. I thought, "could that happen to me"?  I did not have any depression or anxiety prior to going on the med 8 years ago. I was put on it for moodiness associated with PMS. 

Stay strong and remain faithful friend.

See I was doing ok then now I all off a sudden sucidal thoughts are back like crazy no explanation feel like it's over for me 

mirage

You have to keep in mind that the brains receptors are all confused and not making connections they once were. You are healing and you have to keep telling yourself that, that is what this is. It is neuro emotions and not true emotions. All fake. Do not let it fool you. Distract yourself into doing something positive.