mirage

Questions for those who have had success

thecowisback

distraction from thoughts is what i find difficult. all the things i used to enjoy don't bring me pleasure any more and i find it hard to get involved with anything because my mind is so full of racing thoughts. how do others manage to distract themselves from their thoughts???

bhasski
On 9/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, thecowisback said:

distraction from thoughts is what i find difficult. all the things i used to enjoy don't bring me pleasure any more and i find it hard to get involved with anything because my mind is so full of racing thoughts. how do others manage to distract themselves from their thoughts???

I too feel same even after 3 years of no drug. I tried to be out in people but without proper emotions , its all got  wasted...

I feel  negative...

Miracle123

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/profile/11348-mirage/

Im just 1 year off of lexapro and 13.5 mths of lorezapam with fast taper.....my withdrawal is exactly what you mention as early withdrawals which already dismiss for 6 mth ago and come back again.....sometimes i feel like confusing and maybe this is sign of healing and recovery. Thanks for your this great disccussion thread. Take care.

mirage

Hi @Miracle123. I am 16 months into this journey. I had a pretty tough time at 13 and 14 months out. Just this past month, I am seeing pretty good improvement. While I am not back to my normal self, I am heading in that direction and you are too. All of the waves are healing. I believe it is the body rebalancing and that takes a long time and it goes really slowly. 

Prayers to you. 

Miracle123
10 hours ago, mirage said:

Hi @Miracle123. I am 16 months into this journey. I had a pretty tough time at 13 and 14 months out. Just this past month, I am seeing pretty good improvement. While I am not back to my normal self, I am heading in that direction and you are too. All of the waves are healing. I believe it is the body rebalancing and that takes a long time and it goes really slowly. 

Prayers to you. 

Thanks mirage for your encouraged word. Very much appreciated it. yes,this is a very slow process of healing. im wishing you will jump to another good improvement of healing soon too. Take care and hugs. 

Liamb123456
On 10/2/2018 at 5:43 PM, mirage said:

Prayers to you. 

Hey mirage I'm just about enter month 14 it's being the worse so far I'm havint slept in 2 days the insomnia is crazy I feel like I'm back at acute was your insomnia that bad out this late as I heard in comment about 13/14 months were very bad I also feel like really toxic which I think not over sleeping please contact back freaked out here 

mirage

Hi @Liamb123456 I still don't have normal sleep. I can get about 4 to 5 hours a night and then I wake up and toss and turn. It is getting better though. I use to not be able to fall asleep and now I can. 

RealMe
On 9/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, thecowisback said:

I find it difficult to distract myself from distressing thoughts as well.  What I have been doing that helps is socializing whether I feel like it or not; walking, especially in the sunshine; watching comedies on television; avoiding and deleting upsetting facebook posts and topics; avoiding negative people as much as I can (not always possible, but I can limit time I spend with them); reading helpful books, like Full Catastrophe Living (this is the current one; I've read tons). I try to read fiction, but only the classics please me.  I go on facebook pages about things I used to enjoy.  Here is one thing I am trying lately that someone suggested (I think it may be mindfulness, not sure): When a thought comes into my head that is upsetting, I consider it, decide whether or not it helps me, then reject it if it doesn't.  Repeat a few times, then give up and plant mums.  I actually don't come on this site as much as I used to because I try not to give as much attention to my symptoms as I used to--even when they are actively bothering me.  I often tell myself that this may be as good as I get, but it is so much better than last year.  Oh, almost forget, I meditate.

xo RM

thecowisback

thankyou for that advice. i find i'm avoiding facebook more and more as so many posts trigger my thoughts.