Ather: from Zoloft to Prothiaden to Zyprexa - now have tinnitus

Ather

Hello Friends, 

This is Athar here, I have been on antidepressants since I was 18,

now I am 41,

I was and am diagnosed with "Panic disorder",

I have been on several antidepressants along with anti-anxiety drugs for 22 years now, here is a list of what I have taken:

-Citalopram (Celexa) 20mg for 5 - 6  years along with Alprazolam (Xanax)0.25 mg OD 

-Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg for 10 - 12  years along with Alprazolam (Xanax) half of 0.25 mg OD only

-Dosulepin (Prothiaden) (25mg x 2) for the last 2 years

And now:

-Olanzapine (Zyprexa) An Antipsychotic for the past 2 months along with Clonazepam (Rivotril) 0.25mg x 2 

I had to quit Zoloft because it was making a noise in my head (tinnitus) and switch to Dosulepin (a very light antidepressant) at low dose, but after taking it for over 2 years this antidepressant also started to make a ringing sound in my head so my doctor first put me on to another antidepressant (Paxil) but when I faced the same ringing sound with Paxil then my doctor changed it to an Antipsychotic called Zyprexa and with this drug the ring is quite Low now.

So this was my introduction to you all,

my question is will this ringing sound (tinnitus) be completely resolved ?

Sometimes when I am busy  I completely forget it but most of the time it is there, anxiety and fear are also a problem, lack of concentration too.

My Question is: How can an antidepressant suddenly start making ringing sound (Tinnitus) after so many years safely on it ??

Ask me anything and please advise whats best for me !

Your's

A. A.

Edited by mammaP
removed name

1995 to 1997: different antidepressants at maintenance dosages along with benzos 3 times a day.  

1998 to 2000: Citalopram 20mg + Benzo twice daily.

2001 to 2015: Sertraline 50 mg + Alprazolam (half of 0.25 mg once daily which is next to nothing)

2016 to 2017: Sertraline 50 mg + Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg (NO BENZO)

2017 to 2018: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 50 mg  (NO BENZO)

2018 (Earlier): Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 5 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg x 2 daily (7 weeks on Olanzapine was a disaster, antipsychotics are not for panic disorder)

2018 August : Sertraline 50 mg for 20 days (couldn't take it any longer) + Clonazepam.

2018 Sept. 1st week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg -- 2018 Sept. 2nd week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 12.5mg +Clonazepam 0.25 mg 

2018 November: Clonazepam 0.50 mg at night (for sleep disturbed by tinnitus)

2019 January to now: Clonazepam 0.25 mg at night and 0.25 mg in the morning.

Remember: Going out for a Walk or for a Change does help, it may take a few days or weeks or months for some, but it definitely helps.

Here is Knowledge for you: The more you Know about your sickness the more bad it is for you, so forget about it !

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ather: From Zoloft to Prothiaden to Zyprexa - now have tinnitus
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ather, welcome to SA.  I am glad to see that your tinnitus is easing up now.  Can you tell us about your xanax use, and the change to clonazepam? 

Do you take it regularly? I am asking this because sometimes we have people who are rhinking their anti depressant is causing problems but then we find that it could actually the benzo.   

2 months ago you changed from paxil/dosulepin to zyprexa and also from xanax to clonazepam?  Do you feel any better on that combination?

We need all our members to fill in their signature with their drug and taper history, this link is to the signature box. You could copy the info from your post, and include the clonazepam times and doses. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/settings/signature/

We have a topic on tinnitus here, where members have discussed what helps them. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1736-tinnitus-what-does-all-that-noise-mean/

I have removed your name from your post as this forum is public so pseudonyms are used to protect privacy. :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ather, 

Im sorry you have tinnitus. Lots of people get it while on these meds and withdrawing from them. You will find that a lot of people on this site have it.

Check out the link that MammaP put up. You can also google survivingantideprresant.org and tinnitus or whatever other symptoms you have.

The withdrawal symptoms, including tinnitus, should go once you’re off the meds and your brain is back in homeostasis. Once the meds are out of our systems it still takes a while for the brain to repair the damage caused by these meds.

Wishing you all the best💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:03 AM, mammaP said:

Hi Ather, welcome to SA.  I am glad to see that your tinnitus is easing up now.  Can you tell us about your xanax use, and the change to clonazepam? 

Do you take it regularly? I am asking this because sometimes we have people who are rhinking their anti depressant is causing problems but then we find that it could actually the benzo.   

2 months ago you changed from paxil/dosulepin to zyprexa and also from xanax to clonazepam?  Do you feel any better on that combination?

We need all our members to fill in their signature with their drug and taper history, this link is to the signature box. You could copy the info from your post, and include the clonazepam times and doses. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1736-tinnitus-what-does-all-that-noise-mean/

I have removed your name from your post as this forum is public so pseudonyms are used to protect privacy. :)

Thank you for your detailed reply :)

-You have asked about me changing Xanax to clonazepam, I quit Xanax 2 years ago and now I was put on to Clonazepam due to the anxiety I was having because of Not having any Antidepressant (I am not taking any antidepressant atm).

-Your other Question is a real good one, you have asked if Benzo itself be responsible for the tinnitus, Yes it maybe, how ? 

Antidepressants have a high pitch ring, so high, that you don't even take notice of,  Benzos relax your nerves, take it down to the middle, this is where we can hear it.

I drew an image just now at MS Paint but it cannot be uploaded, I don't know why, all my hard work wasted :(

And yes I'll soon update my Signature :)

1995 to 1997: different antidepressants at maintenance dosages along with benzos 3 times a day.  

2001 to 2015: Sertraline 50 mg + Alprazolam (half of 0.25 mg once daily which is next to nothing)

2018 (Earlier): Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 5 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg x 2 daily (7 weeks on Olanzapine was a disaster, antipsychotics are not for panic disorder)

2018 August : Sertraline 50 mg for 20 days (couldn't take it any longer) + Clonazepam.

2018 Sept. 1st week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg -- 2018 Sept. 2nd week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 12.5mg +Clonazepam 0.25 mg 

Remember: Going out for a Walk or for a Change does help, it may take a few days or weeks or months for some, but it definitely helps.

Here is Knowledge for you: The more you Know about your sickness the more bad it is for you, so forget about it !

On 7/12/2018 at 5:11 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Ather, 

Im sorry you have tinnitus. Lots of people get it while on these meds and withdrawing from them. You will find that a lot of people on this site have it.

Check out the link that MammaP put up. You can also google survivingantideprresant.org and tinnitus or whatever other symptoms you have.

The withdrawal symptoms, including tinnitus, should go once you’re off the meds and your brain is back in homeostasis. Once the meds are out of our systems it still takes a while for the brain to repair the damage caused by these meds.

Wishing you all the best💚

Thanks for the kind words, this makes me hopeful :)

• 2 weeks later...

My doctor has started the Zoloft again, after 15 months I am again on Zoloft, initially I have to take 25mg once in the morning, after a week 50mg once.

Your thoughts ?

• 4 weeks later...

Doctor stopped the Zoloft as it was making my tinnitus worse, now on 25mg + 25mg Prothiaden (Dosulepin) a bit better now but I am facing depression.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 3:03 AM, mammaP said:

Mamma you were correct, I isolated my benzo not taking any antidepressant for 4 - 5 days and I have found the culprit, its the clonazepam making the ring and if I take the antidepressant together the ring turns into a monster it becomes very loud, actually now I am not able to take anything that plays with my neurotransmitters, I have started a 30 minute walk early in the morning for a few days now Ma-Sha-Allah, Pray for me that I stick to exercise and get rid of all these toxic drugs, Thank You very much for pointing me into the right direction, Love from my side,

Your's A.A.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have made this post to let you guys know of my experience with cigarette smoking, I smoked cigarettes around 10 a day since I was 16 or 17.

My Antidepressants started when I was 18.

I quit smoking by tapering it down from 10 to 1 cigarette over a few months, I quit smoking in January 2016. (After about 20 - 25 years of smoking).

1 Year (12 months) exactly after quitting smoke, I was not able to take my Zoloft 50 mg, it was making a ring in my head (Tinnitus), so tapered it in 3 - 4 months and quit the Zoloft.

I was taking Prothiaden 25 mg (a very light TCA at its Lowest dose) along with Zoloft, After quitting Zoloft I had to raise the Prothiaden to 50 mg.

About 1 year only on Prothiaden 50 mg it started to ring again (Tinnitus) in my head.

My Psychiatrist tried Zoloft on me again for 20 days (it made the ring worse ever), then Paxil for a week, then Anafranil and then Olanzapine (all these were accompanied by Clonazepam 0.5 mg).

All the above medicines were not working and I knew that I'll have to get rid of them in order to stop the ring(Tinnitus) but if I was leaving them I was falling into depression, so I went back to Prothiaden 50 mg for a week and then cut it to 25 mg a day (my doctor prescribed me 2 different Antidepressants at that time which I was never going to take).

I suffered on just 25 mgs of Prothiaden  but then I started to walk Alhamd-u-Lillah and things started to get better, I still have that ring in my head but I hope as I keep on walking the path of complete withdrawal it will get better In-Sha-Allah.

I made this Topic so that it maybe of some help who are taking antidepressants and Cigarettes together. 

Ather,

That's interesting that you had issues with your Zoloft after you quit smoking..

I quit smoking, then 2months after I had issues with my Lexapro. Then after some bad doctors advice on antidepressants.. I panicked bc I couldn't find another doctor to help me taper. So I started smoking again..

How did you taper and quit smoking? When I 1st Quit, I did cold turkey... Now a days after my 1st Cigarette, I crave another on right away. It's been so hard to cut down.

I want to do it cold turkey again but I'm nervous to put my body in more withdrawals as I am already withdrawing from my Lexapro.. any adivce?

Thanks,

Cloud

2009- Started Lexapro 20mg sophomore year in college----------(I might have gone from 10mg to 20mg sometime in college but cannot remember)

2013- 1st taper 20mg to 10mg in 2weeks----------(Got brian zaps. Dr said to stay on Lex)

2015- 2nd taper 20mg to 15mg to 10mg by 1month on each dose----------(Got chest pains, Dr said to live with chest pains forever or continue Lexapro)

2017/2018- 3rd taper 20mg to 15mg to 10mg by 3months on each dose----------(Thought I had a seizure, GP Drs said it was not one but probably low blood sugar or pressure. Psychiatrist said to stay on 20mg Lexapro "just to be safe" and focus on quitting smoking 1st)

2018- New psychiatrist. 20mg to 15mg (3weeks) to 10mg(2.5weeks) to 7.5mg(2weeks) to 5mg(2weeks) to 2.5mg(weeks).. now at 0mg since July 27th 2018----------(Fast taper due to side effects on full dose or else I would have tapered extremely slower.. starting smoking cigs again to help get through the withdrawals.. now regretting that decision)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supplements- 

---- Olly Sleep Gummies- 1 gummy nightly (Contains:  Melatonin 3mg, L-Theanine 200mg, Chamomile Extract 17mg, Lemon Balm Extract 16mg, Passionflower 17mg)

---- Veggie MultiVitamin Gummies

---- Omega 3 Fish Oil (Stopped for a bit to see if it was giving me negative effects. Plan to start again slowly).

8 hours ago, cloud23 said:

Ather,

That's interesting that you had issues with your Zoloft after you quit smoking..

I quit smoking, then 2months after I had issues with my Lexapro. Then after some bad doctors advice on antidepressants.. I panicked bc I couldn't find another doctor to help me taper. So I started smoking again..

How did you taper and quit smoking? When I 1st Quit, I did cold turkey... Now a days after my 1st Cigarette, I crave another on right away. It's been so hard to cut down.

I want to do it cold turkey again but I'm nervous to put my body in more withdrawals as I am already withdrawing from my Lexapro.. any adivce?

Thanks,

Cloud

How many cigarettes do you smoke a day Cloud my Brother ?

After many trials it is now Evident that any Antidepressant at its lowest dose is making my ring (Tinnitus) loud and Benzodiazepine helps reducing it. 

3 hours ago, Ather said:

How many cigarettes do you smoke a day Cloud my Brother ?

Ather,

I would say I smoke about 12-15 cigs a day. Depending on if it's a good day or bad day.

I tried electronics cigs, but some made my eyes hurt and others made me crave regular cigarettes more..

I feel lost..

-Cloud

2009- Started Lexapro 20mg sophomore year in college----------(I might have gone from 10mg to 20mg sometime in college but cannot remember)

2013- 1st taper 20mg to 10mg in 2weeks----------(Got brian zaps. Dr said to stay on Lex)

2015- 2nd taper 20mg to 15mg to 10mg by 1month on each dose----------(Got chest pains, Dr said to live with chest pains forever or continue Lexapro)

2017/2018- 3rd taper 20mg to 15mg to 10mg by 3months on each dose----------(Thought I had a seizure, GP Drs said it was not one but probably low blood sugar or pressure. Psychiatrist said to stay on 20mg Lexapro "just to be safe" and focus on quitting smoking 1st)

2018- New psychiatrist. 20mg to 15mg (3weeks) to 10mg(2.5weeks) to 7.5mg(2weeks) to 5mg(2weeks) to 2.5mg(weeks).. now at 0mg since July 27th 2018----------(Fast taper due to side effects on full dose or else I would have tapered extremely slower.. starting smoking cigs again to help get through the withdrawals.. now regretting that decision)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supplements- 

---- Olly Sleep Gummies- 1 gummy nightly (Contains:  Melatonin 3mg, L-Theanine 200mg, Chamomile Extract 17mg, Lemon Balm Extract 16mg, Passionflower 17mg)

---- Omega 3 Fish Oil (Stopped for a bit to see if it was giving me negative effects. Plan to start again slowly).

1 hour ago, cloud23 said:

Ather,

I would say I smoke about 12-15 cigs a day. Depending on if it's a good day or bad day.

I tried electronics cigs, but some made my eyes hurt and others made me crave regular cigarettes more..

I feel lost..

-Cloud

And when did you start the cigarettes again?  if a month or two ago then immediately cut them to a half, 8 cigarettes and not a single more for a week, then next week 4 cigarettes a day the week after only 2 and then quit, it is hard this way but it will be easy on your nervous system.

Your doctor rightly guided you to quit the cigarettes first because they are stimulant for a short time but at the end of the day they are depressants.

Do you exercise or go to walk ? do it for 45 to 60 minutes a day, early in the morning (empty stomach) or any time of the day when your stomach is not full.

And yea eat healthy food, no junk or fried or fast food, not even biscuits or bakery products, there are 2 places in the body where serotonin is found, the intestine is its headquarter and then comes the brain.

Also, please stay away from the so called soft drinks, it was coca-cola and fast food along with cigarettes that created ulcer in my stomach when I was 17, I took many anti-peptic drugs, Ranitidine, Pepcidine, Flagyl (Metronidazole) those threw me into depression at the first place!

Only drink plain water or fresh Juices, milk or milk shakes they are all good for you.

Just take it easy and come here discuss with me whatever and whenever you like,

Your's 

A.A.

Ather,

I started smoking 5months ago.. I was hoping to use them to get me through the Lexapro withdrawal.. I guess it wasn't the best decision but I was hopeless because I couldn't find another doctor in time to help me with the Lexapro issue.

I exercise 45mins every morning 5x a week. I eat healthy, no pop or processed foods. Once a week I do fast food but the healthier "fast foods" that contain salads mostly.

I have so many stressors in life that make it difficult to cut down. I live alone. My family is uneducated and poor. They try to help but aren't much help to be honest. My work is aggressive and difficult, I'm sometimes scared I'll lose my good paying job if I slip up.

I have a chest congestion and mucus issue that isn't helping either. I've been off the Lexapro for past two months. Im scared to put my body through more withdrawals.

I'll try my best to use your strategy tomorrow. I already smoked my 1st cig today and the cravings already started..

I might have to try the nicotine patch again and see if that'll help..

Thanks again for the advice! I appreciate it. I will reach out soon.

Best regards,

Cloud

Supplements- 

12 hours ago, cloud23 said:

Ather,

I started smoking 5months ago.. I was hoping to use them to get me through the Lexapro withdrawal.. I guess it wasn't the best decision but I was hopeless because I couldn't find another doctor in time to help me with the Lexapro issue.

I exercise 45mins every morning 5x a week. I eat healthy, no pop or processed foods. Once a week I do fast food but the healthier "fast foods" that contain salads mostly.

I have so many stressors in life that make it difficult to cut down. I live alone. My family is uneducated and poor. They try to help but aren't much help to be honest. My work is aggressive and difficult, I'm sometimes scared I'll lose my good paying job if I slip up.

I have a chest congestion and mucus issue that isn't helping either. I've been off the Lexapro for past two months. Im scared to put my body through more withdrawals.

I'll try my best to use your strategy tomorrow. I already smoked my 1st cig today and the cravings already started..

I might have to try the nicotine patch again and see if that'll help..

Thanks again for the advice! I appreciate it. I will reach out soon.

Best regards,

Cloud

Your positives are more than your negatives, You are going to make it, take things lightly, we can do our effort and leave the rest to Almighty, when you think this way you put your faith in God, things become easier, that is a Guarantee, its called Tawakkal, trusting in God's ways !

Things have happened in my life that have made my faith strong in Almighty, they are miracles, literally, if you want i'll share with you,

Take care and know that God's hand is on your shoulders, remember its not you it is our Creator who is providing us !

18 hours ago, Ather said:

After many trials it is now Evident that any Antidepressant at its lowest dose is making my ring (Tinnitus) loud and Benzodiazepine helps reducing it. 

Benzo quietens the antidepressant noise by making a noise of its own, so yes @mammaP you are correct :)

On 10/2/2018 at 4:16 AM, Ather said:

Your positives are more than your negatives, You are going to make it, take things lightly, we can do our effort and leave the rest to Almighty, when you think this way you put your faith in God, things become easier, that is a Guarantee, its called Tawakkal, trusting in God's ways !

Things have happened in my life that have made my faith strong in Almighty, they are miracles, literally, if you want i'll share with you,

Take care and know that God's hand is on your shoulders, remember its not you it is our Creator who is providing us !

Salaam. Hope you are well. Im curious about the miracles, you have experienced as I'm also going through a very long terrible withdrawal and the only thing keeping me going is Tawwakal. Waiting for a miracle myself so to speak. 

Fluanxol dosage n/a - 6 months cold turkey Start/ may 2015 end/august 2015

Sertraline 100mg - 10 months cold turkey start/ may 2015 End/Feb 2016

16 hours ago, trenace said:

Salaam. Hope you are well. Im curious about the miracles, you have experienced as I'm also going through a very long terrible withdrawal and the only thing keeping me going is Tawwakal. Waiting for a miracle myself so to speak. 

Walikum Salam Wa Rehmatullah, 

I wrote a very long reply here but accidentally its all gone now, actually it was four different experiences of my life, I'll try to write them over again, so sad :( There must be Hikmah in that as well :)meanwhile keep your Tawwakal intact, we are extremely Blessed to be the ones to do Tawwakal, believe me, no believe is higher than that, Believing in Almighty, leaving it all to Him. 

Tough times are only washing our sins so that in the hereafter we are saved from the hellfire and enjoy the Jannah, In-Sha-Allah. 

Time passes by fast a day will come when you'll look back and laugh, keep yourself busy, praying 5 times a day, doing long sajdas help me, also, if you are able keep exercising regularly.

Your's

A.A.

Salaam Hope your well brother. I would love to read your full reply when you have the time, as I'm constantly searching for things to keep me going. And your reply really does give me hope as well as my prayer and tahajjud which I'm trying to incorporate when my sleep permits me to do so. I know this ordeal is a blessing as it's made me practise more than I have ever before. Speak soon inshallah. 

Salaams

• Moderator Emeritus

On 2/13/2012 at 2:15 AM, Karma said:

I am still coming off of an AD and still taking a benzo ... I've had tinnitus since June 2010. Sometimes it is mild, but sometimes it is intense. In general it is mild to moderate and I can live with it. I would love to know what to do to resolve it, but I haven't found anyone who seems to know what actually causes it or what to do for it.

Q to Karma:  Do you still have the Tinnitus ?

I've moved your question to Karma's intro because she is more likely to see it there:  ☼-karma-tapering-effexor-gabapentin-and-xanax

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On 10/7/2018 at 8:58 AM, ChessieCat said:

Q to Karma:  Do you still have the Tinnitus ?

I've moved your question to Karma's intro because she is more likely to see it there:  ☼-karma-tapering-effexor-gabapentin-and-xanax

Thank You very much :)

@trenace Talk to me, where are you, My prayers are with you In-Sha-Allah, take things easy ok, remember you took the drugs for a short period, here we see people who took different drugs and alcohol and other stuff for 30+ years and today they are doing fine without any drugs, so you don't worry, go out and get yourself busy, waiting to hear from you sister.

@cloud23 How are you doing man ? waiting to hear from you, don't take stress, remember taking stress won't resolve any problem, keep your nerves calm, let things go, tell people around you, make them aware that they stay easy on your nerves, tell the ones who are close to you that you are going through a little uneasy time and that time may last for a few months so they be gentle on you, my prayers are with you !

4 hours ago, Ather said:

@trenace Talk to me, where are you, My prayers are with you In-Sha-Allah, take things easy ok, remember you took the drugs for a short period, here we see people who took different drugs and alcohol and other stuff for 30+ years and today they are doing fine without any drugs, so you don't worry, go out and get yourself busy, waiting to hear from you sister.

Salaam brother. (I'm a brother btw lol) I replied to you on my other post but you may not have been notified. I'm okay but my symptoms are very random and sometimes debilitating and my digestive problems are very bad. (constantly bloated and burping as soon as I wake up to when I sleep) I can honestly say I have improved alhamdulillah but wouldn't say I'm anywhere near recovered. I hope your well anyway brother ill do duaa for all of us. Not an easy journey at all. Salaam brother time for duhr. 

3 hours ago, trenace said:

Salaam brother. (I'm a brother btw lol) I replied to you on my other post but you may not have been notified. I'm okay but my symptoms are very random and sometimes debilitating and my digestive problems are very bad. (constantly bloated and burping as soon as I wake up to when I sleep) I can honestly say I have improved alhamdulillah but wouldn't say I'm anywhere near recovered. I hope your well anyway brother ill do duaa for all of us. Not an easy journey at all. Salaam brother time for duhr. 

Walikum Salam I thought Trenace was a girls name, Im sorry my man :)

How is your diet, your appetite ? Digestive issues were the beginning of my ordeal, stay away from fried food and the so called soft drinks,  have yogurt instead, how do you find Ispaghol ? if it suits you then take it regularly, good diet is very necessary for good health.

Good to hear that you are recovering soon you'll be fine In-Sha-Allah, Never loose hope, keep in mind that you took the drugs for a short period, peanuts actually compared to many of us here, don't make it a big deal inside your head, most of the time the effect is Psychological only, trust me !

4 hours ago, Ather said:

Walikum Salam I thought Trenace was a girls name, Im sorry my man :)

How is your diet, your appetite ? Digestive issues were the beginning of my ordeal, stay away from fried food and the so called soft drinks,  have yogurt instead, how do you find Ispaghol ? if it suits you then take it regularly, good diet is very necessary for good health.

Good to hear that you are recovering soon you'll be fine In-Sha-Allah, Never loose hope, keep in mind that you took the drugs for a short period, peanuts actually compared to many of us here, don't make it a big deal inside your head, most of the time the effect is Psychological only, trust me !

Salaam again Hope your doing well, and it's all good lol. I've tried cleaning up my diet several times but bloating, constipation and diarheea get worse the cleaner I eat it seems. It's not as bad as it was earlier in the year but I don't know what to do as I've had all the tests. I'm hoping prayer and duaa will help improve my stomach as in the past I've had many different diets as I went to the gym so much. I seem to react badly to many stomach herbs. What is ispaghol? I'm willing to try. Is it for bloating and gas? Jazakallah and thank you soo much for replying I've had a rough year like other members on here. I'll have everyone including yourself in my duaas and inshallah we recover in time. Salaams

5 hours ago, trenace said:

Salaam again Hope your doing well, and it's all good lol. I've tried cleaning up my diet several times but bloating, constipation and diarheea get worse the cleaner I eat it seems. It's not as bad as it was earlier in the year but I don't know what to do as I've had all the tests. I'm hoping prayer and duaa will help improve my stomach as in the past I've had many different diets as I went to the gym so much. I seem to react badly to many stomach herbs. What is ispaghol? I'm willing to try. Is it for bloating and gas? Jazakallah and thank you soo much for replying I've had a rough year like other members on here. I'll have everyone including yourself in my duaas and inshallah we recover in time. Salaams

Walikum Salam, it seems your stomach condition is just like mine when I was 17, Ispaghol is Psyllium husk, it regulates the bowel movement, if you are constipated it makes your stomach soft and if you are having loose stools then it hardens them, you can add a teaspoon or tablespoon to a glass of water add some sugar, mix it well and drink it before it gets too thick to drink (it swells in the water). You may feel an upset stomach in the first few days but it settles down within a few days, it is quite a safe herbal remedy for bad stomach.

"Being a soluble fiber, psyllium is able to pass through your digestive system without being completely broken down or absorbed. Instead, it absorbs water and becomes a viscous compound that benefits constipation, diarrhea, blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and weight loss."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318707.php

12 hours ago, Ather said:

Walikum Salam, it seems your stomach condition is just like mine when I was 17, Ispaghol is Psyllium husk, it regulates the bowel movement, if you are constipated it makes your stomach soft and if you are having loose stools then it hardens them, you can add a teaspoon or tablespoon to a glass of water add some sugar, mix it well and drink it before it gets too thick to drink (it swells in the water). You may feel an upset stomach in the first few days but it settles down within a few days, it is quite a safe herbal remedy for bad stomach.

"Being a soluble fiber, psyllium is able to pass through your digestive system without being completely broken down or absorbed. Instead, it absorbs water and becomes a viscous compound that benefits constipation, diarrhea, blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and weight loss."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318707.php

Salaam again I hope your doing okay. Could be, my stomach problems started exactly a year after stopping the sertraline which I now know was 100mg that I took for about 10 months (even less I think) I can tolerate more foods than earlier in the year but still get so much gas and bloating. I'll Try the psylium definitely because I think I can tolerate more herbs than earlier in the year. Thank you for your advice brother. Inshallah everyone on here recovers 100%. Salaam and take care ill keep youbupdated and will remember you in my duas. 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:06 AM, Ather said:

@cloud23 How are you doing man ? waiting to hear from you, don't take stress, remember taking stress won't resolve any problem, keep your nerves calm, let things go, tell people around you, make them aware that they stay easy on your nerves, tell the ones who are close to you that you are going through a little uneasy time and that time may last for a few months so they be gentle on you, my prayers are with you !

@Ather

I replied to this yesterday but it never made it to the board. Maybe because it was from my phone..

This have been rough brother. Not doing well with cutting down the cigs due to a very stressful work situation.

My work has a lot of press on me.

A co-worker I will be working with for several months is very difficult to work with.

I am scared to lose my job because this pays really well and it's hard for me to find a another job with my background history.

I am scared to cut down because cigs are the only thing keeping me functioning at work, to be honest.

Would stopping smoking cold turkey put my CNS through more withdrawals???

That's the only way I know how.

My parents are helpful on supporting me.

However, they are poor and we are immigrants to the US.

They need my help and not the other way around..

I don't like the feeling of making them go through this with me..

It saddens me to see them watch me go through all of this.

I am trying my hardest to not take stress. but it's almost impossible right now.

I have worked soooo hard in life to get where I am now and I scared to lose it all.

My symptoms are constant fear, anxiety, depression, along with hard and fast heart beats, and chest pains.

I believe in Law of Attractions so having these constant fears scares me more.

It's a vicious cycle of thoughts.

It's very scary and gives me more fear for my life. Any advice on this??

On a positive note, I have been listening to Dr. Claire Weekes. Whom I found out from this website.

Listening to her talk about dealing with anxiety has been helpful past two days.

Also, I have found my belief in God again.

I pray everyday, thanking God and asking for forgiveness.

Thanks again for chatting with me. Hearing your positive words makes me more hopeful. 

-Cloud23

Supplements- 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ather: from Zoloft to Prothiaden to Zyprexa - now have tinnitus
6 hours ago, cloud23 said:

@Ather

I replied to this yesterday but it never made it to the board. Maybe because it was from my phone..

This have been rough brother. Not doing well with cutting down the cigs due to a very stressful work situation.

My work has a lot of press on me.

A co-worker I will be working with for several months is very difficult to work with.

I am scared to lose my job because this pays really well and it's hard for me to find a another job with my background history.

I am scared to cut down because cigs are the only thing keeping me functioning at work, to be honest.

Would stopping smoking cold turkey put my CNS through more withdrawals???

That's the only way I know how.

My parents are helpful on supporting me.

However, they are poor and we are immigrants to the US.

They need my help and not the other way around..

I don't like the feeling of making them go through this with me..

It saddens me to see them watch me go through all of this.

I am trying my hardest to not take stress. but it's almost impossible right now.

I have worked soooo hard in life to get where I am now and I scared to lose it all.

My symptoms are constant fear, anxiety, depression, along with hard and fast heart beats, and chest pains.

I believe in Law of Attractions so having these constant fears scares me more.

It's a vicious cycle of thoughts.

It's very scary and gives me more fear for my life. Any advice on this??

On a positive note, I have been listening to Dr. Claire Weekes. Whom I found out from this website.

Listening to her talk about dealing with anxiety has been helpful past two days.

Also, I have found my belief in God again.

I pray everyday, thanking God and asking for forgiveness.

Thanks again for chatting with me. Hearing your positive words makes me more hopeful. 

-Cloud23

@cloud23 Your post is here now, Thank you for coming back and Thank you for inboxing me :)

If you feel it is easier to handle things with the cigarettes then you may continue them but keep them in check, lets say half a pack a day (10 Cigarettes) ?

No work can be harder than being a President or Prime Minister of a Country but you see those people ? they never take it to their nerves, President Obama smoked a lot of cigarettes too and I think he was the sharpest of all the Presidents of the US we have seen. 

Let that co-worker of yours know that you are going through a little rough period and it will be better for both of you to stay nice to each other, tell him to help you through this, you guys may sit together and talk.

No need to feel sad, You are doing your best, You should be feeling honored my man !

Remember 1 thing, Your parents don't need your help neither do you need theirs, we all need help from our Creator, keep this thing in your heart, whenever you feel down or stressed ask our Creator to help you, believe me it will make you cry, shed a few tears and you'll feel relieved afterwards, do the best you can and then Leave the matters to our Creator, you'll feel a lot less weight on your shoulders !

Lets see how long those symptoms of fear and anxiety last, if they persist for some more time we can think of going back to a light Antidepressant at a low dose because your taper was fast and you may need to continue on a light antidepressant like me for some more time.

What was the cause of you leaving the antidepressants ? were you not comfortable with them anymore ? what were the side-effects if there were any ? 

Nice that you are feeling better listening to that doctor maybe I'll give it a try too.

And nice that you are now connected to God Almighty, He is our only hope when there is none.

Again I am always there for you my Brother whenever you want you can message me or write it here,

Your's

Ather.

3 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

The only supplements which SA recommends are Magnesium and Omega-3 Fish Oil.  Try a small amount of one, one at a time, to see how you react.

Fish oil upsets my stomach, would you recommend taking Magnesium along with my benzodiazepine,  as very soon I'll be going to taper my benzo, right now antidepressant coming to an end, hopefully.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's best to only make one change at a time:  Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Ather

On 10/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, Ather said:

Lets see how long those symptoms of fear and anxiety last, if they persist for some more time we can think of going back to a light Antidepressant at a low dose because your taper was fast and you may need to continue on a light antidepressant like me for some more time.

What was the cause of you leaving the antidepressants ? were you not comfortable with them anymore ? what were the side-effects if there were any ? 

The reason I decided to stop antidepressants so quickly was due to the intense side effects that started out of no where...

Here is time line of what happened:

- I quit smoking cigs

- 2 weeks after I did a dose of antibiotics and steroids for a chest congestion....(I think this was this is what caused it all)

- 2 months after I started to experience extreme insomnia, night sweats, sensitivity to light and sound

- Contacted my original doctor and he said "there are no side effects to my medication and it's just all anxiety and take my benzo"

- I panicked more... started smoking cigs again. tried to find a doctor to taper me off.

- During 1st drop of dosage, i started getting more intense symptoms.. specifically eye pain and blurred vision

- I did the 3 month taper hoping that once I got to 0mg, that my body will start to heal faster

I also go my medical card 2 weeks after my taper was completed. 

I was hoping medical marijuana would help me get through the withdrawals..

Unfortunately, it doesn't help anymore. It helped me past 10 years but now it just makes my withdrawals more intense.

I'm getting chest pelpatations and rapid heart beats now. It worries me.

I tried 15:1 high CBD 4 separate times.. all times it caused my pelpatations to get more intense.

I spent money on getting my medical card here in Illinois with high hopes... but not I'm deeply saddened that it doesn't help anymore.

I refuse to go back on any antidepressants because I feel like my body is highly sensitive to anything at this point.

I will send a message to your inbox next time I get a chance.

I may need to stay off reading SA for a while because, even though it helps reading others experiences and advises from members,.

I think it maybe slowing down my recovery because it's giving me more fear and anxiety as "what if this happens to me" thinking I am developing.

Along with healing meditation I use nightly for my subconscious mind,  I feel only God can help me now... 

Prayers be with you my friend,

-Cloud

Supplements- 

On 10/12/2018 at 2:03 AM, cloud23 said:

@Ather

The reason I decided to stop antidepressants so quickly was due to the intense side effects that started out of no where...

Here is time line of what happened:

- I quit smoking cigs

- 2 weeks after I did a dose of antibiotics and steroids for a chest congestion....(I think this was this is what caused it all)

- 2 months after I started to experience extreme insomnia, night sweats, sensitivity to light and sound

- Contacted my original doctor and he said "there are no side effects to my medication and it's just all anxiety and take my benzo"

- I panicked more... started smoking cigs again. tried to find a doctor to taper me off.

- During 1st drop of dosage, i started getting more intense symptoms.. specifically eye pain and blurred vision

- I did the 3 month taper hoping that once I got to 0mg, that my body will start to heal faster

I also go my medical card 2 weeks after my taper was completed. 

I was hoping medical marijuana would help me get through the withdrawals..

Unfortunately, it doesn't help anymore. It helped me past 10 years but now it just makes my withdrawals more intense.

I'm getting chest pelpatations and rapid heart beats now. It worries me.

I tried 15:1 high CBD 4 separate times.. all times it caused my pelpatations to get more intense.

I spent money on getting my medical card here in Illinois with high hopes... but not I'm deeply saddened that it doesn't help anymore.

I refuse to go back on any antidepressants because I feel like my body is highly sensitive to anything at this point.

I will send a message to your inbox next time I get a chance.

I may need to stay off reading SA for a while because, even though it helps reading others experiences and advises from members,.

I think it maybe slowing down my recovery because it's giving me more fear and anxiety as "what if this happens to me" thinking I am developing.

Along with healing meditation I use nightly for my subconscious mind,  I feel only God can help me now... 

Prayers be with you my friend,

-Cloud

You know what will be best for you, you should stop thinking about what drugs you took and when you stopped them, its all past now, its gone.

I strongly suggest quitting the cigarettes (Because I think you are like me),

If Psych medicines are making you sick now, Again You are like me,

If coming to this website and reading other people's suffering is hurting you, You are like me,

If you are panicking, you are like me, 

MOD NOTE:  Please see this post regarding the following suggestion

You said you are exercising 5 days a week, I suggest you do it 7 days a week.

Stop taking notice of your palpitations please, Ignore them, I know of a person who lived a long life and he suffered from palpitations all his life.

I'm always here for you, we can talk on the phone too, whats your mother tongue if its Hindi then mine is Urdu so we can very well communicate with each other.

Your's

Ather.

Edited by ChessieCat
mod note