gene: off mirtazapine, want to taper Prozac

gene

hello, 

i was formerly on mirtazapine for 3-4 years, but have been off it since beginning prozac six weeks ago.. question is: is the mirtazapine out of my system, it has a very short half life i am told, and what would be a good taper schedule for the prozac, since i have been on it such a short period of time?

thanks , gene

• Administrator

Welcome, gene.

I moved your post to start your Introductions topic.

The mirtazapine is out of your system, how do you feel now? Did you have any symptoms when you stopped it?

Anyone taking a psychiatric drug for more than a month is at risk for withdrawal syndrome. Here are our Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to gene: off mirtazapine, want to taper Prozac

am still experiencing insomnia, moods even after stopping mirtazipine six weeks ag.  was cut from 7.5mg  to 0 end of May.  then started on prozac, the mirtazipine may be out of my system, but my brain chemistry is still screwed up. they have tried me on several other anti-depressants for sleep, but have not done well.  Looking for some alternatives to meds. 

• Administrator

gene, please put your questions in your Introductions topic. See responses here.

What drugs have you taken?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.