AmyK

Watch this film!

AmyK

Watch this movie about a Norwegian woman’s  horrific journey through the “mental illness” system. Today she is free and wants to tell the world about the many devastating flaws in healthcare. 

https://www.thehappypillfilm.com/

FarmGirlWorks

Thanks, @AmyK... so, so brave. I love that Silje confronted the head of psychiatry at that hospital (even if he would not admit that they made a mistake) and esp. her first psychiatrist who admitted that she was "unlucky" from their treatment but did not even apologize. I was going to say "unbelievable" but it is all too believable. I was conflicted by the researcher who said she didn't have a "success story" because she lost so many years of her life to bad psychiatry... I still believe that even if we've been wronged -- and she was so, so wronged -- we can make a "success" story somehow. I think her speaking at conferences with Lone is a "success."

I read your signature: are you off zoloft as of June 2018? Or was it 2017? How are you doing? Crazy that after 4 months you had to taper.

Glosmom

This is powerful to watch! Thank you for sharing. May all those who want to get off these medications do so, as safely as possible.  Peace, Glosmom

gentlehermione

How many others are there who have been "labelled" with a mental disorder? And are still poly drugged for conditions that they probably don't have? 

I found the film profoundly upsetting. It is tragic that Silje lost 10 years of her life to psychiatry's "madness".

gentlehermione
3 hours ago, gentlehermione said:

How many others are there who have been "labelled" with a mental disorder?

My apologies, it should be psychiatric disorder...

powerback

IM only half way through it and the  man that is head of phyciatry that the lady sits down with has infuriated me .He totally gives a defensive counter answer straight away ."who's to say you wouldn't of got the symptoms anyway ".

There's goes my digestion  and blood pressure .

God help this lady and good on her.the parents surely harbour guilt but it shows how everyone gets sucked in by the system and authority .we need to save the next generations . 

Ok im finished watching it .at the end ,I totally agree with the disclaimer but when your sat in front of your GP like I was the other day and he has no answers to what to do with the issue of the meds ,I cant keep taking a drug that does nothing for me I said to him .Hes answer is to set up a meeting with another public health board that ile see in 3 months and they'll say try this and check in with your GP .a toxic merry go round . 

This was a very interesting story that threw up many questions but the percentage of defiance needs to get to a much higher percentage for change .in my opinion with the likes of fake lives on social media and celebrity culture ,its only going to get much worse  .western society and culture is causing mental illness . I will try my best to live my life on the fringes of western society to give myself the chance of recovery .