Moderator note: link to benzo thread - Angoze: Help with Klonopin

Start klonoping march 2018 2 mg for one panick attack, started new symotoms anxiety and insomnia, decreasing since may, now in 0.5625. (before klonoping did not have problems to sleep or anxiety affevting my dayli) 

Paxil may 20 mg first week, did no tolerate, down 10 mg since that. Is not working. 

Remeron 3.5 mg or less to sleep, has helping me, and noticed my mood is better. 

Some day i do not want to use medicine to made my lifa as was before. 

Simptoms with benzo reduction and adition of paxil:sleep disturbamce, anxiety, dizzyness, depression, lack of hope

Edited by Shep
added name to title (mammaP), added moderator note and tags (Shep)

I take nebivolol 2.5 mg and olmesartan 20 mg for idiopatic high blood pressure 5 years ago (with no problems and controlled). 

january 11 mexazolam 0.5 mg. two weeks after lack of sleep and three panick attacks. 

February 14 updose mexazolam. Sleep lack

March. Klonopin 1 mg new symptoms anxiety and insomnia. April 7. paxil 20 mg. Awful April 14 klonopin 2 mg, paxil 10 mg. Axiety better lack of sleep. April 30  Ps put me in cold turkey Klonopin.

May 8 started 1 mg of klonopinn again. Anxiety and depression. May 21. other Ps. Said abstinence K. going down each 10 or 15 days one quarter.Remeron 3.5 mg or less to sleep. Some days sleep with nothing except the last to weeks. 

I do not take any suplemnts pill

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Angoze, welcome. You need to stop the tapering for a while because the changes have upset your nervous system. I know that you want to get off them but tapering 2 drugs together so quickly is making you sick with withdrawal. 

Can you tell us what your symptoms are now?  Starting from breakfast, how do you feel until breakfast next day? 

What date in May did you start taking paxil, and when did you go to 10mg? 

I am sorry that you feel so bad, you will get better and we will try to help you when we know how long you have been taking paxil. 

We recommend tapering very slowly but you have only been taking paxil for a few weeks so may be able to go faster.  

You need to stop tapering klonopin for a while because you are suffering withdrawal. 

This explains withdrawal syndrome

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

Fish oil and magnesium are very good for withdrawal

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you. 

I started with paxil 20 mg in may 14 this year, but only for a week i did not tolarate, my PS changed it to 10 mg, I do not feel paxil has helping me but, when i don take it i feel dizzynes. My biggest problems has been insomnia and anxiety, Well the insomnia is being improoved but when i feel that i wont sleep, i take 3.5 mg or less of remeron. Honestly my mood is better. 

My first touch with benzo was i january, for recomendation of my cardiologist started with mexazolam 1 mg(one month) he said to sleep good (but i had not problems to sleeping or depression) insomnia and problems with mood started two weeks after using mexazolam, and the anxiety and more difficult to sleep and depression with clonazepam 2mg.(almost 13 weeks) thqn my ps cut me off completly the Klonopin an that week was awful, after a week she reinstated 1 mg (50% of original doses) i had two weeks in hell until stabilized. I visited other ps and told me tha i was in abstinence so the desorescription started. 

Now I am in 0.5 clonazepam in the morning to no associate with sleep time, althought the anxiety appears, i felt that my energy, attention, mood are better. 

Just to curiosity, my psychiatrist told me: in the name of all drs forgive us because this was yatrogenic. 

I just want to be myself again. 

I take nebivolol 2.5 mg and olmesartan 20 mg for idiopatic high blood pressure 5 years ago (with no problems and controlled). 

january 11 mexazolam 0.5 mg. two weeks after lack of sleep and three panick attacks. 

March. Klonopin 1 mg new symptoms anxiety and insomnia. April 7. paxil 20 mg. Awful April 14 klonopin 2 mg, paxil 10 mg. Axiety better lack of sleep. April 30  Ps put me in cold turkey Klonopin.

May 8 started 1 mg of klonopinn again. Anxiety and depression. May 21. other Ps. Said abstinence K. going down each 10 or 15 days one quarter.Remeron 3.5 mg or less to sleep. Some days sleep with nothing except the last to weeks. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angoze,   I am glad that your psychaitrist has admitted that this is iatrogenic, they very rarely accept that! 

It is good that you are feeling a little better, and it is important now to stay at the same doses for now.  

It would be helpful if you can tell us your symptoms pattern, this will help to see if you are having any side effects or interactions, and maybe interdose withdrawal.  Start with how you feel when you wake up.  Something like this.

July 20 

7am Woke up  anxious , shower, shaking, weak

8am breakfast, coffee. paxil

9am coffee  panic 

10am calmer 

1pm lunch tired

3pm dizzy

This is an example and should cover 24 hours.

I would like to post your PM here if that is ok, we can put them together and get a bigger picture. I can delete anything you do not want to share here. 

You are going to get better, but it will take time. It is really good that you are improving, that is very encouraging. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Copied from PM.

Started: january 11 mexazolam 0.5 mg per night to sleep good said my cardiologist (i had not sleep disturbance) after three days first panick attack (three in one week) after 3 weeks i noticed that was sleeping less. 

February: visited psychiatrist updose mexazolam did not help me. 

March: psychiatrist put me on klonopin 1 mg per night one and a half week later new symptoms like anxiety, nervous even going to supermarket, depression (i have been happy always), crying, feeling weird, slept worst. 

April 7: ps put me on paxil cr 25 mg one week did no tolerate. 

April 14 : my ps updose klonopin 2 mg and down paxil to 10 mg inmediate release. I felt good one week. 

April 30 : crying, i can not even help my sons with homework, sleeping bad. My ps told me to make a experiment; could turkey of Klonopin and try with musflex (muscle relax) i could sleep but these week was awful for the anxiety. 

May 8: my ps reinstated klonopin 1 mg, two and a half horrible weeks to "stabilize" still paxil 10 mg. 

May 21: please no more i dont see improovement, my sleep and anxiety isnt good. Visited other ps who told me that i am in klonopin abstinence and started to cutting down and put me on remeron 7.5 mg first week, i was zombie until afternoon. Stooped. 

Jun 1: started other job (a big opportunnity) I tried to sleep with no meds and was great i could did it one week 4-5 hours per night and with 3-4 wake ups. 

July 19: two weeks ago started remeron 3.5 or less to sleep. 0.5 klonopin, today in the morning had a little high blood pressure that went down with mthe 0.5 mg klonopin. The last two weeks my mood was better, today i cryed. 

Resume: klonoping 1-2 mg two and a half month, from 2 mg to 0.5 in two and ahalf month. 

Paxil: 10 mg 4 months. 

Remeron : 3.5 or less two weeks. 

My psychiatrist said that i am improving 

My CBT Psycologist say that i am not a depressive person and that its a shame my ps put me on medication. 

I want to be off this drugs and be like i was before. I have two jobs and do no want lose it because of the withrawal problems

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

It looks like remeron is helping you to sleep, and you are doing a little better. It is important now that you hold your doses of remeron and paxil. 

I will get the benzo mods to look at the best way of taking the benzo.  

2002  effexor. 

• Administrator

Welcome, Angoze.

Please tell us what times of day you take your drugs and their dosages along with your daily symptom notes. Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Is lack of sleep your worst symptom?

When did you start taking 10mg Paxil? Please put that date in your signature. The dizziness when you don't take it indicates you will get withdrawal symptoms when you stop it. When was the last time you missed a dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you @Altostrata and @mammaP

6 am nebivolol 2.5 mg, olmesartan 12.5 mg. Heart beat, burn tongue and face (anxiety) blood pressure and cardiac frequency normal. 

6:30 am klonopin 0.5 mg. 

6:45 breakfast. Paxil 10 mg. 

7:00 anxiety down. And go to work. 

12:00 Lunch. Anxiety appears. 

3:00 pm. Klonopin 0.0625 mg. Anxiety down a little. 

7:00 pm dinner. Anxiety sometimes dissapears. 

9 or 10 pm. 3.5 or less. Sleep in 20 minutes. Wake up one or two times to eat something sweet. 

I was cutting Klonopin each two weeks, except the last doses when I was in 0.5625 only one week and put it in 0.5 three day fine but since thursday anxiety all day so updoses 0.0625 again and felt a little best. 

My worst symptom at the begining was insomnia after use mexazolam and when i start the worst were sleep disturbance and anxiety. I never had it in all my life. 

Yestarday I called my PS she told me to updose paxil to 20 mg and Klonopin 1 mg. 

I really do not want back in this journey. 

Today I woke up with anxiety and went down with 0.5 mg. I forgot take paxil before gon to work and I felt pressure in my head but no so much and felt the anxiety wasnt so bad althought coming home I took it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the information Angoze, I would not increase paxil, your nervous system is compromised with the drug changes and increasing could make it worse. You did not tolerate it in April and likely will not tolerate a higher dose now.   I will shout for @Shep to pop in. She will most likely ask you to start a topic in the benzo forum. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-benzo-tapering-and-recovery/

Shep will advise on the best thing to do with klonopin. 

On 7/22/2018 at 1:40 AM, Angoze said:

9 or 10 pm. 3.5 or less

Is this 3.5 remeron?   

Can you put all your drugs, including the blood pressure drugs into the interactions checker at drugs.com then post the result here? 

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

I am sorry for all the questions but it is very important to have all the information to give the right advice.  If we have the symptoms we can see which drug is causing the problems. When we have worked that out we can see what the next step should be.  I am sorry but your ps only seems to know how to write a prescription as an experiment because he doesn't know what to do and that has made you sick.

Edited by mammaP

2002  effexor. 

• Administrator

Please be sure to take Paxil at the same time each day, taking it irregularly can make your symptoms worse.

You're going to have to be more strict about your drug schedule, are you able to do that?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, mammaP said:

Thank you for the information Angoze, I would not increase paxil, your nervous system is compromised with the drug changes and increasing could make it worse. You did not tolerate it in April and likely will not tolerate a higher dose now.   I will shout for @Shep to pop in. She will most likely ask you to start a topic in the benzo forum. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-benzo-tapering-and-recovery/

Shep will advise on the best thing to do with klonopin. 

Is this 3.5 remeron?   

Can you put all your drugs, including the blood pressure drugs into the interactions checker at drugs.com then post the result here? 

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

I am sorry for all the questions but it is very important to have all the information to give the right advice.  If we have the symptoms we can see which drug is causing the problems. When we have worked that out we can see what the next step should be.  I am sorry but your ps only seems to know how to write a prescription as an experiment because he doesn't know what to do and that has made you sick.

Thank you @mammaP

Yes remeron 3.5 mg at night, and yes I have found that combine remeron and paxil could made variations on blood pressure levels. 

30 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please be sure to take Paxil at the same time each day, taking it irregularly can make your symptoms worse.

You're going to have to be more strict about your drug schedule, are you able to do that?

31 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Thank you @Altostrata I am able to be stirct about my schedule. 

• Moderator Emeritus

'

17 hours ago, mammaP said:

I will shout for @Shep to pop in. She will most likely ask you to start a topic in the benzo forum.

Thanks, MammaP. 

Angoze started a benzo thread, which is located here:

Angoze - Help with klonopin

Last night only wake up one time and althought i wanted something to eat i did not. Slept quickly again. Slept 6-7 hours. 

6 am wake up. Anxiety (as pressure in my head, butterfly in my stomach) and tired less than other days. Took nebivolol 12.5 and olmesartan. 

6:30 klonopin 0.5mg anxiety down. 

6:45 breakfast and then paxil 10 mg. 

07:00 going to work. Easy. 

10-11 am a little anxiety, same symptoms. 

11:30 am visited other PS to hear other opinion and told me that I need to go off klonopin and paxil and only stayed with remeron but 15 mg. The schedule that he gave me is klonopin 0.25 am and 0.125 pm for fifteen days then 0.125 am and 0.125 only if i need it other fifteen days and off. Paxil 10 mg one day yes and one day no fifteen days, then other fifteen days 10 mg each three days and off. I am not sure???? 

12:30 lunch. Anxiety low. 

13:00 work. When i am bussy in something anxiety is not so hard. 

3 pm went to home anxiety up (sweating hands, head pressure some intranquilo ) took 0.625 klonopin and start to work in my computer in a inform, 20 minuts after axiety went dow a little but appears headche and body pain; took aceraminophen and all went down. 

6:30 pm went to work again, easy. 

8:30 pm a little axiety, ate and dissapear. 

10:pm going to home and easy anxiety in scale of ten 1-2. Took remeron and waiting to sleep. 

@mammaP @Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus

The plan that new ps gave you is extremely dangerous. To cut out clonazepam and paxil, and double remeron in such a short time would make you very sick. 

It is this kind of prescribing that has made you so sick, when you thought that all you took was a simple pill for a heart problem. 

On 7/23/2018 at 1:06 AM, Angoze said:

Yestarday I called my PS she told me to updose paxil to 20 mg and Klonopin 1 mg. 

4 hours ago, Angoze said:

visited other PS to hear other opinion and told me that I need to go off klonopin and paxil and only stayed with remeron but 15 mg. The schedule that he gave me is klonopin 0.25 am and 0.125 pm for fifteen days then 0.125 am and 0.125 only if i need it other fifteen days and off. Paxil 10 mg one day yes and one day no fifteen days, then other fifteen days 10 mg each three days and off. I am not sure???? 

Very different advice from 2 doctors. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, Angoze said:

my ps cut me off completly the Klonopin an that week was awful, after a week she reinstated 1 mg (50% of original doses) i had two weeks in hell until stabilized. I visited other ps and told me tha i was in abstinence so the desorescription started. 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:00 AM, mammaP said:

March: psychiatrist put me on klonopin 1 mg per night one and a half week later new symptoms like anxiety, nervous even going to supermarket, depression (i have been happy always), crying, feeling weird, slept worst. 

ps put me on paxil cr 25 mg one week did no tolerate. 

My ps told me to make a experiment; could turkey of Klonopin and try with musflex (muscle relax) i could sleep but these week was awful for the anxiety. 

My CBT Psycologist say that i am not a depressive person and that its a shame my ps put me on medication. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, Angoze said:

Just to curiosity, my psychiatrist told me: in the name of all drs forgive us because this was yatrogenic. 

The last 2 quotes are the ones that are true.  If you are going to keep asking doctors they will keep giving you different advice. You have suffered badly because of the way they have treated you when they do not know anything about the effects of the drugs they are prescribing. 

We know that you want to get off the drugs fast but that is not going to happen without getting very sick with withdrawal. Your brain and nervous system need to heal and it will take time. They will adjust and function along with the drugs if you keep them steady and regular.  Your last post was very engouraging because you were much better and slept well.  When you have been stable for at least 3 months then you could start to taper one of the drugs. It is important that doses are kept consistent so that you can continue to work and function.  So many of us here followed doctors advice and never went back to work.

I followed my doctor's advice and eventually was so sick I couldn't even get out of the house. Before I started the drugs I was a working mother, doing great but was exhausted when my husband had cancer. I was given paxil. One drug after another, swapped and changed by different doctors led to many years of drugs and hospital. I never went back to work. There are thousands here just like myself.  You are starting to stabilise. I will post some links that you should read to understand what happens in your brain. 

How psych drugs remodel your brain

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1160-how-psychiatric-drugs-remodel-your-brain/

What happens in your brain (benzo)

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/10914-what-is-happening-in-your-brain/

History of the black box warning on discontinuation

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/12298-history-of-the-black-box-warning-on-antidepressants-about-discontinuation-syndrome/

You are doing well Angoze, there will be windows and waves as you stabilise, just carry on through them and you will get stable enough to start to taper off the drugs.   

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

Edited by mammaP

2002  effexor. 

Thanks @mammaP

Thesse last two days i have noticed tired in the mornings and that i want to cry at mornings because i see my wife and childrens and wants be like as was (active, optimist, taking my master) i want to care of them as i always did. 

I still remember the first day that i took benzo and paxil. But now I know i am still have hope. And thanks God i dont have long time on this medication. 

I know too for the experience of a lot of people tha we recovery. 

Thanks for your help. 

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angoze, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Angoze
21 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Angoze, 

How are you doing?💚

Hello Carmie!!! I am 99.99 % Cured!!! I am benzo off from almost two months. But I want to wait a few weeks to tell my testimony of recovery. It is important to know that all of you will be cured and better persons in all areas of your lifes. For Know two tips: 1) sometimes wee need med help. 2) Pray, be faith and wait in God.

Bless you. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angoze, 

I’m glad you’re doing so well. Could you please update your signature so we can see how you tapered your meds and also when you stopped them. Thanks you.

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.