GiaK

Healing the second pharmaceutical brain injury… some details

GiaK

Everyone is different. I share not so that what I’ve done might be copied but so that the energy of how I find what is appropriate for me might be gleaned. We are all different. Healing looks different for everyone.   https://beyondmeds.com/2018/07/23/second-pharma-njury/

(the post was inspired by a thread I responded to here earlier today...I'm not writing much lately so I always appreciate all of you since you both help me and keep me writing both...reading your experiences and sharing mine both remain a very important part of healing.  thank you. )

Rosetta

I'm so happy to hear that your nervous system is the calmest it's been in 8 years.  That must feel very, very good.  What a relief to be able to convalesce from all the other issues in peace.

GiaK

calmest...not calm, not by a long shot...but yeah, it's an improvement and a sort of milestone too...I hope it continues...got a ways to go, for sure..  Peace is only something I dream of. 

GiaK

I just emailed this off to my relatives…most of whom I’ve not seen for over a decade now. (my mother is the exception and my brother whom I was close to died a decade ago)

Subject: Merry Christmas

Dear family,
Today is the one year anniversary of arriving in Greenville’s Intensive Care Unit where I almost died from another brain injury secondary to the first one I’ve been healing from for over a decade now. I am alive.

Today or the first time in many years I completed an entire Ecstatic Dance Wave (over an hour of dancing…the whole time on my feet…I generally end up on the floor seated for much of the dance) — I am an enthusiastic ecstatic dancer — it is a profound form of movement meditation and a lovely community/self-made village. We call it dance church…or sweating our prayers. I had so much fun. Then I came home and cooked a meal and Paul and I ate Christmas dinner. Something we certainly didn’t do last year as I lay unconscious in the hospital.

Still to this day, on a day by day basis, I cannot take it for granted when I wake up in the morning I will be able to leave the house, but today on this anniversary I’ve had a beautiful day and I trust that this bodes well for the future.

It is a Merry Christmas indeed.

More on ECSTATIC dance

There is one other post on the subject from a couple of weeks ago too:  almost a year since almost dying. what is up? – Everything Matters: Beyond Meds https://beyondmeds.com/2018/11/17/almost-a-year-since-almost-dying-what-is-up/