Theaddictionfairy22: Reinstated a benzo after 19 months

Theaddictionfairy22

I'm going to start from 5 days ago cause I don't remember prior to that. 

1 Wake up feeling a little crappy took dose felt drunk for 3 hours then start to feel icky and nauseous. Take second dose at 4 felt way to relaxed after three hours just feel crappy. Take night dose go to sleep. 

2 wake up a little crappy took dose felt drunk then after three hours nauseous and on next dose nauseous and crappy. Took bed dose went to sleep. 

3 woke up better took dose and felt drunk for three hours then weak for an hour then much better. Took next dose felt drunk for three hours and fine after. Took bedtime dose felt fine then had a reaction of I can't describe for 30 minutes then went to sleep  much better day. 

4 woke at 7 felt awful took dose was high for three hours then body felt weak and very fragile. Took next dose felt shaky and body felt like nerves firing cried all day. Took bed dose woke hour later went to bathroom broke out in hot sweat for a second went back to bed feeling crappy from crying so much fell asleep.

5 woke crappy like usual took dose became very tired but functional. Tired after it wore off was able to drive several times took second dose had mild euphoria three hours later shaky and anxiety in my stomach but a better day. Took night dose fell right to sleep woke to use restroom broke out in hot sweat went back to bed. 

Today. Husband woke me up at 945 never slept that late since before my 16 month wave took dose felt sluggish uncomfortable euphoria and after nauseous for a while and off and just sick. Took next dose felt sick for first hour and a half and now I'm ok just tired. Keep in mind I have a uti that was diagnosed today that I've had for three to four weeks. Some days I can function ok others I can not. 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theaddictionfairy22

• Shep

• PoetJester

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

My walking is much better as is the feeling of collapsing when standing. Almost all of my symptoms are gone tinnitus and air hunger here and there rare. My problems mostly now are the reactions to the medicine when they start to wear after three hours. 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

I feel better at night when I take the klonopin and geodon together geodon is not the issue. 

I have to take bactrim for a uti is this going to make me worse? 

Will clindomyacin hurt me I have to take an antibiotic. 

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I have a uti and just reinstated and am already sick just seeing if this will make it worse? 

AF, I just moved this post from the benzo forum to your thread. The title of the thread you started was "Has anyone taken bactrim while On klonopin". 

I also merged your other thread "Anyone reinstate a benzo after a year off?" because you are continuing to ask questions about your specific taper. Please post all of your questions here in your main intro thread so all of your information is in one place. 

7 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Will clindomyacin hurt me I have to take an antibiotic. 

The main class of antibiotics to avoid are the fluoroquinolones. A list of those is here:

Fluoroquinolone antibiotics

The fluoroquinolones can cause major problems, especially with the benzo. 

For more on antibiotics during withdrawal, please see:

Cipro, Levaquin, Azithromycin (Z-Pack), and other antibiotics

11 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Keep in mind I have a uti that was diagnosed today that I've had for three to four weeks. Some days I can function ok others I can not. 

Sounds like your UTI coincided with your benzo reinstatement. For more on UTIs during withdrawal, please see:

Urination and bladder issues (male and female)

Please continue with your drug and symptoms journal. Hopefully as you treat the UTI, some of your withdrawal symptoms will also settle down and you'll start feeling better. 

Can it take months to stabalize or does it usually happen right away if your going to? 

Was there anything else in your life --other than withdrawal -- that led to you feeling the ned to reinstate?  Were you going through any stress? Any changes in your life? Anything that might have affected you?

I'm asking as I reinstated zoloft.  At about 4 months or so often, I started feeling withdrawal -- but in hindsight, there were also many issues that I had not resolved, and so when I started feeling withdrawal, the issues surfaced, and made my anxiety worse. I have spent the past year resolving the issues.  So, hopefully this time I will not panic and reinstate...

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Not at all great life the withdrawal was beyond horrific I had no choice. I never even took Tylenol in withdrawal.   

1 hour ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Can it take months to stabalize or does it usually happen right away if your going to? 

Shep why is it like I'm stabilizing one day and bad the next? 

This has started this last week. 

• Administrator

Help us out, give us the complete information we ask for.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, Altostrata said:

We're going to need your daily symptom pattern. Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Your posts have been hard to follow. Please do your best to slow down and answer questions completely.

It's entirely possible that despite what your doctor has told you, your drugs are interacting in a bad way. At some point you might have added another drug, such as an antibiotic or alcohol, that tipped the apple cart. Or it could be aging and a change in your metabolism. Your nervous system has become sensitized to your drugs.

Geodon is quite a powerful drug to take for sleep and, over time, has serious effects on metabolism, particularly on insulin metabolism.

Do you take any other drugs? If so, please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

This is upsetting. I didn't drink crap or take an antibiotic. I spent two hours in a nail salon and it started the next day. I gave you a day by day list. 

It's not the geodon I was fine taking it together before. I was fine taking it up until I went into the wave. 

geodon can be taken once a day that is very typical for it to be prescribed that way. 

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Yes, it can take months. Bubble was struggling a lot after some major drug changes and this is what she experienced during a 9 month hold that ended with her being able to travel abroad again:

On 7/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, bubble said:

I would just like to briefly share my experience with long holds. Last year I at one point increased my rate of Xanax taper from 5 % per month to 10 %. After a few months of that I started feeling so bad that at one point I couldn't talk to people for more than 30 minutes (or less), I couldn't leave my house or anything. I felt I would never again be able to work or live like a regular person. I saw no option but to hold and hope for miracle.

After one month I saw little difference, after 2 months I also saw little difference, after that I went back to work but had to take one week per month off, after 4 months I still couldn't do more than 50 % of my tasks at work, after 6 months I tried to do some of those and I ended up in horrible DP/DR. I continued holding. After 9 months of holding I was able to travel abroad and speak at a conference.

This thread may be helpful in understanding how this works:

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

This is upsetting. I didn't drink crap or take an antibiotic. I spent two hours in a nail salon and it started the next day. I gave you a day by day list. 

14 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

It's not the geodon I was fine taking it together before. I was fine taking it up until I went into the wave. 

13 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

geodon can be taken once a day that is very typical for it to be prescribed that way. 

Please see my post here:

On 8/1/2018 at 6:44 AM, Shep said:

It's not uncommon to start having these types of problems after you start tapering - even though the drugs are the same, your nervous system has changed and become much more sensitive. 

In the thread One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, Alto writes:

The drugs are the same but your nervous system has changed.

So the way you took your drugs in the past may not apply now. 

On 7/31/2018 at 9:03 AM, Shep said:

It will help us give you advice if you post a symptoms and drug journal using this format:

Drug and symptoms journal format

Please keep a drug and symptoms journal over the coming days.

Did you start the antibiotic for the UTI? Are you feeling better? 

that story of stabilization is for a decrease in an antidepressant I'm talking with reinstating a benzo. Yes the pain is gone. It's really like one day I'm stabilizing the next I'm not it's so weird. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, it is for an antidepressant, but you could replace "GABA" for "serotonin" and it's the same narrative for coming off a benzo. All psychiatric drugs change how your brain works. 

You may like this thread better as it's about benzos only:

What is happening in your brain?

Thank you I just hope the shakiness subsides. I get it here and there. 

I just got to talk to una the dr who specializes in reinstatement she said the reactions here and there are normal and it could take months to stabalize then I could move it to bedtime or at least my evening dose. 

Xyz how much did you reinstate Valium on? 

Shep I don't know what today will bring but the last two days I've been able to exercise and sit up in a chair all day not lay down. And my walking is getting better as well as the bad reactions to the medicine. I've only had nausea once in 10 days and that was after eating dairy which I stopped. 

In the beginning I had all bad days now I'm having two good days then a bad day then two good days then a bad day but then repeat and the bad days aren't as bad as they used to be. 

I'm told it could take months to stabalize 

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

In the beginning I had all bad days now I'm having two good days then a bad day then two good days then a bad day but then repeat and the bad days aren't as bad as they used to be. 

4 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I'm told it could take months to stabalize 

Hi there, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling but please just take a moment at a time n do your best to get through that moment. Yes,it can take many months to stabilise. Every time I taper it takes quite a bit of time to stabilise again. 

You can feel okay one moment n shocking the next,  this can happen all within one day. Or you can have full waves one day n a window the next, or you can have long periods in a window or a wave. Withdrawals aren’t linear, they are all over the place. 

The important thing is not to panic, we need to ride the waves n distract ourselves when times are tough and keep looking towards the future. There are lots of things you can do to distract yourself, do the things you love to do even if you’re anhedonic. Do arts n crafts, listen to music, go in nature, watch DVDs n Netflix etc etc. the list is endless.

wishing you all the best 💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

I reinstated. 

Does that apply for reinstating too

Why does it take months to stabalize after reinstatement?

Thank you so much 

Is it normal after 30 days to once and a while have a bad reaction to a dose it used to be all the time now it's once in a while. 

Anyone?