SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Theaddictionfairy22: Reinstated a benzo after 19 months

Theaddictionfairy22

17 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Anyone? 

Ile bump your post TAF ,sometimes posts can go unseen .I'm not a mod so I don't want to be over stepping my mark.

You'll be ok  ide say anyway .

Hopefully a mod will get to you.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theaddictionfairy22

• Shep

• PoetJester

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you do that and thank you 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

2 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

How do you do that and thank you 

I think its just me quoteing the post  ,I think.your very welcome .

Take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I can’t get anyone to ever answer on here lol

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I can’t get anyone to ever answer on here lol

That's not true. Also, remember that this is a volunteer-run site. We're not set up for real-time immediate responses.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/2/2018 at 6:00 PM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Shep why is it like I'm stabilizing one day and bad the next? 

On 8/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Why does it take months to stabalize after reinstatement?

On 8/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Is it normal after 30 days to once and a while have a bad reaction to a dose it used to be all the time now it's once in a while. 

Addiction, you are asking the same question or variations of the same question again and again. 

Please re-read your thread, as the answers have been provided. This is a waves and windows recovery process that's non-linear. 

What causes the adverse reactions once in a while to your dose 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, Betsy said:

I reinstated after a cold turkey off a very high dose and it didn’t work. It made things much worse for me. I stayed off for three years but couldn’t handle the symptoms. I was in misery getting off my klonopin.

betsy

Betsy how long did you wait until you started tapering. 

Shortly after I reinstated. I forget the time line but perhaps less than two months. Then my sleep or lack of was so minimal I had what I can my meltdown. I felt as if I was going psycho. My pdoc added trazodone and serorquel (I’m not recommending them) and my sleep got better.

Not great but better than the 2-3 hours per night for about 8 months. I was also given 10 mg ambien but this time I looked it up and dropped it after only a few doses. Thank God for the internet. I was also on 700 mg gapapentin for more than a year but felt it did nothing for me plus one more drug so I did a CT off that. I had no problem very likely due to the benzos backing me up.

The lower I got the better I felt because I was paradoxical to my benzo. Jumping off was a non event. But now I’m having trouble with the remaining Valium. My scale doesn’t go as low as .0001 mg, only .001 mg so I’m at odds what to do. I don’t want to do liquid.

Betsy❤️

2003-Tried most ADs. Paradoxical.

March- July 40 mg Remeron. C/Ted off it.

2003-2014 3-10 mg of Kpin. Partial C/O to 70 mg Valium. Have 6.5 mg of K to taper. C/H 5% every 14 days.

Micro taper @ .625 mg.

April 2015: 150 mg Trazodone; 100 mg Seroquel;  132 mcg Levothyroxine.

2016 C/T 700 mg gabapentin.

Dec. 21, 2015: Klonopin Free.

2015 Off cigarettes.

At 13 mg of Valium from 70.

2019 20 mg Lipitor 

I’ve been told by una a dr in the uk and others that have stabalized it takes 3 to 6 months to stabalize and it’s not a paradoxil reaction and it’s normal when you reinstate. My bad reactions are happening less then what they were and I’m hoping will diminish completely. Did you notice they were real bad in the beginning and got less over time. She said everyone stabalizes it just takes a long time. 

You probably should have waited it out. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, Shep said:

Hi, Addictionfairy.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please let us know a bit more about yourself and what drugs you are taking. Are you on any other drugs besides Klonopin? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please use this thread to document your withdrawal and to ask plenty of questions. As you provide more information, we will be able to advise you with what steps to take next. 

I have a question in September I showed progress the October showed more progress now two weeks ago it’s like I’m back to the beginning and as bad as the first month. Is this normal. It’s different then what it’s been before it was severe malaise stinging nerves etc now it’s been two weeks of head distortion vision and my walking is labored again is it normal to have a huge setback after gains when reinstating or could I have reached tolerance it’s been 16 weeks since I reinstated klonopin. 

Is there someone I can ask a few questions about benzo reinstatement? 

• Moderator Emeritus

AF, I moved the above post from the new thread you had created. Please keep all of your questions here in your own thread. 

Please read the thread on reinstating: 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

If your questions aren't answered in that thread, feel free to ask them in that thread. However, if your questions are very specific to your own situation, please ask them here in your thread. 

Edited by ChessieCat
bolded

MOD NOTE:  Moved from the Reinstatement topic because it is specific to member's situation and keeps history in one place.

Could I get some help I reinstated klonopin four months ago and in month three showed improvement then month four even more improvement where my waves were a few minutes to half a day and bearable. Two weeks ago I went into a wave that has me back to bedridden and it’s different then symptoms before it’s head distortion and vision and a pulling me down when I walk while ch I had before I reinstated. Could I have hit tolerance or are waves like this normal after improvement. I don’t know whether to up my dose or wait it out

Edited by ChessieCat
mod note

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you been keeping a daily symptoms diary?  If yes, it would be helpful if you could post the last week of notes here in your topic.

If not, please start keeping one, using the following format.  Providing this information can be help the mods to assess your situation:

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I was keeping one but started to improve so stopped it was getting old. Before my symptoms have always been malaise and severe stinging and like a nausea all over. Now since the 26th it’s been the same everyday wake  at 930feeling weighted like might go down and a weakfish feeling dose and feel tired and have trouble walking then at 11 head and vision distortion sets in trouble focusing. Dose at 330 really tired and the head stuff starts at 5 and progresses till I dose at 9 with the walking being worse at night and just a general unwell feeling all day. This started the 26th with my period and a severe life stressed with my pregnant daughter. I get this feeling like I’m moving when I’m not. This is way different and longer than any previous waves. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I was keeping one but started to improve so stopped

Because these notes are important when assessing a member's situation, please start keeping notes again and post them each day.  Thank you.

Please include sleep and any supplements you take.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I will do that but I’m asking a simple question is it normal to have a bad wave after much improvement with reinstatement. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

2 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

severe life stressed with my pregnant daughter

Stress, and even good stress, whether external or if you get sick, can increase withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by ChessieCat

• Administrator

TAF, you may be having an adverse reaction to one or more of the drugs you're taking. It could be the Klonopin is reacting badly with the Geodon.

We need to know what times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms before and afterward. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

We can't help you without this information.

Please add your drugs and their dosages to your signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I’ve already done that. I’ve told you several times there are no drug interactions with geodon and klonopin. I wouldn’t have showed much improvement if there were I took it for a year together with no problems. I simply asked if you can have a bad long wave after much improvement. 

Please do a google search on interactions between these two medications, you will find that there can be very serious interactions that can cause some very dangerous symptoms.  Even if you've not felt them in the past doesn't mean that they are not happening.  For your own safety please check things out.

Waves are very unpredictable.  It is very possible to be doing a nice slow taper that is going quite well and then out of the blue be hit by a very nasty wave.  Several of our members have reported just such a thing happening in the past few weeks.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Way to try and scare me not to mention thousands upon thousands of people take them together I’m not sure what you googled but increased sedation is the only interaction per google three drs and a pharmacist and myself. I reinstated I’m not tapering. 

See

656F136D-AD17-4180-9759-F1FA4A49FC9A.png

You saying there’s dangerous interactions is more damaging then the wave I’m in. I’m not asked no you for medical advice I asked a simple question   

You literally have me crying now in fear where did you get there’s dangerous interactions 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, addictionfairy2....I'm not seeing any scare tactics here:

56 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Please do a google search on interactions between these two medications, you will find that there can be very serious interactions that can cause some very dangerous symptoms.  Even if you've not felt them in the past doesn't mean that they are not happening.  For your own safety please check things out.

Waves are very unpredictable.  It is very possible to be doing a nice slow taper that is going quite well and then out of the blue be hit by a very nasty wave.  Several of our members have reported just such a thing happening in the past few weeks.

Just another mod trying to answer your question, as well as educate you a bit.......    Concern, perhaps.  I mean I'm seeing concern here.  Not medical advice, not scare tactics.......

We need a signature update from you, as well as some drug and symptom notes.

Please go to Account Settings to update your signature.  I'll just give you the full link:  Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Keeping daily notes of your symptoms

We also need you to give this ^ a good try. 

Share the notes/logs here once you've got 24- 48 hours done of these. 

Then......we might be able to better answer your questions, as well as make suggestions.  For your general well being.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

656F136D-AD17-4180-9759-F1FA4A49FC9A.png

This is exactly the sort of interaction that might lead to paradoxical reactions to one or both drugs. A paradoxical reaction means it does the opposite of what you expect it to do. For example, instead of a benzo calming you down or putting you to sleep, it causes anxiety and sleeplessness.

When you start taking a drug, you might initially feel it's helping but then it doesn't. This is because it builds up in your system and what you thought was a good dosage turns out to be too high. Too high a dose of a benzo can result in a paradoxical reaction.

While you may have taken this combination together for years with no adverse effects that you can recall, something might have changed that is now causing your body to react differently to the drugs.

Examples of something that might have changed: 1) You get older and your body can't process the drugs like it used to; 2) You take another drug, even for a short time, that interacts with these 2 drugs; 3) You change dosage of one of your drugs; 4) You accidentally skip doses of one or the other drug; 6) You change the timing or frequency of your doses; 6) You change drug manufacturers; 7) Your liver or kidneys been damaged by one or both drugs or other drugs; 8 ) You have reached tolerance for one or both drugs and they do not affect you like they used to; 9) You made a mistake while tapering; 10) You drank alcohol while taking these drugs. And so forth.

We need more information about how you take your drugs to answer your questions. If you don't want to give that information, you cannot expect answers from us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I already added a signature in the settings. When you reinstate a benzo it is normal for it to cause a bad reaction when dosing this is almost gone for me. It’s not a paradoxil reaction it is amplifying symptoms. This come from una corbet who has decades of experience.  When I take my geodon at night I sleep from 11pm to 9 to 10 am with no bad reactions. I asked if I could be in tolerance of the klonopin after 4 months because I was stabilizing then on the 26th went into a wave that’s still going on today. Grant it I also got detrimental news about my pregnant daughter on that day. My curiosity is how do I know if I’m in tolerance because I’ve not been stable yet or could it just be a bad wave. 

I just had the gene testing done and I process klonopin and geodon normally. 

Up until April when I went into the wave that made me reinstate I was perfectly fine with the geodon as I have been for 11 years so let’s just take geodon off the table for being the problem. 

Also my liver and kidneys were checked in the hospital and there both normal. 

Do you guys have experience with benzos or just antidepressants? 

And this wave is completely different it’s like a sinking feeling in my head like I’m moving when I’m not and severely bad eyes and labored walking before it was a sickness all over with stinging all over body.