SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Theaddictionfairy22: Reinstated a benzo after 19 months

Theaddictionfairy22

• Moderator Emeritus
51 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Do you guys have experience with benzos

Some of the mods have benzo experience.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theaddictionfairy22

• Shep

• PoetJester

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

We need more information about how you take your drugs to answer your questions. If you don't want to give that information, you cannot expect answers from us.

This is an example of what is needed.  Once the mods have a few days of symptoms notes they will be better able to assist you:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Ok I will do this the next couple days. Is it possible for symptoms to change while trying to stabalize on reinstatement. 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

• Moderator Emeritus

Do all of these links count for reinstatement not just tapering or withdrawal and are they for benzos and not just antidepressants. 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

This one is to do with stabilising.  Stabilising is to do with your nervous system settling down after something has caused it to become unsettled.  Examples:  One member, who CTed his drug a fair while ago was doing reasonably well and then took 1000mg Vitamin C and the next day he experienced a big increase in his symptoms.  Some members overdo their exercise which worsens their symptoms.  Some have had the same thing happen after drink alcohol.  When something upsets our nervous system it can take some time for it to settle down again.

Hi AF,

I am also taking geoden and klonopin and have been reading your thread and learning alot from what the mods are saying about spacing and interdose reactions. Now I am thinking I might be having some of the same symptoms....

I hope you are feeling better.

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg 

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

You have been so helpful. I’m thinking maybe the severe stress I had the week before this wave started may have caused it I found out my grandson to be has a fatal heart defect but I’m only stressed now from being sick. 

Thanks dmv I’ve been on geodon 11 years and have never had interpose withdrawal with it took it for 9 years just at bed and was great drs prefer you to take it once daily. Are you tapering or did you reinstate anything. 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

Ok I will do this the next couple days. Is it possible for symptoms to change while trying to stabalize on reinstatement. 

Hi addictionfairy2,

Okay......maybe this will help you with the drug and symptom notes.  I'm just pulling some information from your signature.  Which I can see below your post from a desktop computer.  And I'm not sure if it's updated to reflect present dosing.  Or when you made changes.  With some dates included.   Unfortunately one can't view signatures from phone devices.  With signatures we generally just like to see dates, including the year, of drugs, dosages, and tapers.  And it's best to spell out the date.....e.g.  instead of 12/5/16  it's clearer to say 2016 December 5.  Can you see your signature when you post?

You can view and edit your signature here:  Account Settings

The drug and symptom notes we ask you to post right here, on your introduction page.

So again.....this is just a partial sample of what we need to see each day.......and I took it from what is presently in your signature.

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. 

(This is a copy of your present signature ^)

(Some helps for doing drug and symptom notes)

Note the date

6:50 am Geodon note the dose

10 am  Geodon 9 mg,  Klonopin 0.5 mg

3:30 pm  Klonopin 0.5 mg

9 pm Klonopin  0.5 mg

bedtime note the time Geodon 40 mg

And again, this is just a sample to help you do this.  In between or on the right side after the time, note symptoms that seem to occur.  You can add additional times on the left followed by symptoms, even when it's not a drug dose time.    Brief descriptions and then ratings even are great for symptoms.  You could use a 1-10 scale, for example, or just a brief description of your symptoms, in your own words is good too.

Note your sleep, any supplements taken and dose, and meals too.

I hope that helps. 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
copy of signature added

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

650 took geodon went back to bed

840 woke feel shaky and gravity pulling me down feel heavy legs weak haven’t had this since before I reinstated 

930 dosed geodon and klonopin no help with standing and walking tired head off a little feel like I could fall over sitting 

1030 tired legs feel heavy

11 feel better head a little off and slight collapse feeling 

12 feel very off

1230 body nausea head ache 

1pm can barely stand head distortion feel like being pulled down eyes starting to strain overall malaise. Crippling fatigue laid down.

330 dosed malaise pelvic pain and very tired I’ve been having pelvic pain for a month with irregular periods for four months since reinstatement. 

515 sickness over body headache shaky feeling of moving when not stomach ache 

6 ache all over hard to walk head distortion 

615 severe pins and needles sickness over body let up at 7 feel like jumping out of skin now

730 let up a lot headache and eyes off head distortion can’t get up can only lay down

900 geodon klonopin iron dose made me high hasn’t done that in over a month and made me feel a lot better slept till 915

this is how it’s been the past 17 days before that it was 10 minute to two hour waves throughout the day of stinging nerves or nausea all over 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi addictionfairy2,

45 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

330 dosed

Really nice job on symptom description.  The only thing that's missing in your log.......and it's important.........are the dosages of your drugs.  In the one above that I quoted, it's not clear what you dosed.

.......and I know, that information can be found.......in your signature, and perhaps in your narratives.......going back pages.

And it also might seem redundant to be posting daily:

48 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

this is how it’s been the past 17 days before that it was 10 minute to two hour waves throughout the day of stinging nerves or nausea all over 

Especially......when it all seems very clear to you.  It isn't clear to us however.  AND, it saves us a lot of time, when you include the pertinent information, in the drug symptom logs......again and again, each time.  Time, drug(by name), dosage, symptoms.

Oftentimes too, having it all objectively laid out,  helps you to see more clearly as well, and stay organized and efficient with your regimen.

I mean, I imagine you may not feel at your clear headed best right now.  I remember when I could barely put 2 + 2 together.

Did you sleep a whooping 12 hours then? 

56 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

900 geodon klonopin iron dose made me high hasn’t done that in over a month and made me feel a lot better slept till 915

So.  Excellent, you really did a great job in posting your drug and symptom logs.  Just add the date at the top.  Drug by name and DOSAGE(s).

Are you getting out at all......or currently in a more bedridden phase of existence?

And are you getting around the site okay yet?  We have a really good symptoms and self care section.......and I'm happy to link you up to some of the topics that apply to your symptoms.......so, if interested........you could begin to try some non-drug coping.  Let me know?

Meantime, if you would......you could copy your last post into a new post and then just add in the few more details I noticed that were missing.  And then give us another day or two as well.  Just get in the habit of doing it on paper first and then share here.

And thank you.  Good job!  It really helps us to help you, and answer your questions better.  As well as knowing what to offer you.......in the way of helping you to take a bit of control over your medications/drugs and health in general.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

My dosing is 650 9mg geodon 

10 .5 klonopin 9mg geodon

330 .5 klonopin

9 .5 klonopin iron and 40 mg geodon

i fell asleep at 11 and woke at 915 

im getting out here and there but the last 17 days it’s been mostly couch bound and before that I was getting out a lot more. 

• Moderator Emeritus

650 took geodon went back to bed

840 woke feel shaky and gravity pulling me down feel heavy legs weak haven’t had this since before I reinstated 

930 dosed geodon and klonopin no help with standing and walking tired head off a little feel like I could fall over sitting 

1030 tired legs feel heavy

12 feel very off

1230 body nausea head ache 

1pm can barely stand head distortion feel like being pulled down eyes starting to strain overall malaise. Crippling fatigue laid down.

330 dosed malaise pelvic pain and very tired I’ve been having pelvic pain for a month with irregular periods for four months since reinstatement. 

515 sickness over body headache shaky feeling of moving when not stomach ache 

615 severe pins and needles sickness over body let up at 7 feel like jumping out of skin now

730 let up a lot headache and eyes off head distortion can’t get up can only lay down

Okay, what day are these notes for?  What happens is, for example: with your 900 dose of geodon and klonopin.......it looks like you took possibly 900 mg of geodon.

So.....I can quote this again and I will change just a couple things, using my lavender color for clarity.

We do need to see another day or two, as well, in this format.  So take a look at the revised version.....when I fix it up the weak spots.  And continue to do the drug and symptom notes.  Okay?

6:50 am took geodon 9 mg, went back to bed

8:40 woke feel shaky and gravity pulling me down feel heavy legs weak haven’t had this since before I reinstated 

9:30 dosed geodon 9 mg and klonopin 0.5 mg no help with standing and walking tired head off a little feel like I could fall over sitting 

10:30 tired legs feel heavy

12 feel very off

12:30 pm body nausea head ache 

3:30 dosed klonopin 0.5 mg, malaise pelvic pain and very tired I’ve been having pelvic pain for a month with irregular periods for four months since reinstatement. 

5:15 sickness over body headache shaky feeling of moving when not stomach ache 

9:00 pm geodon 40 mg,  klonopin 0.5 mg,  iron dose made me high hasn’t done that in over a month and made me feel a lot better slept till 9:15 am

Phew.....and it sounds like you are out of it for the most part until evening.  This is not good.

Anyway.....can you see how much clearer it is now......I mean at a glance......how your symptoms seem to go.  Although you say this is how it is for the past 17 days......I'm seeing that at 8: 40 am......you note that you have not had this since before you reinstated or started up with a benzo again.  And then at 9:00 pm you note "made me high" and "hasn't done that in over a month".

So.....there are some symptom variations.  

Again, what day were these notes for.  Look at my changes in purple/lavender and get a day or two more posted pronto! 

Thank you.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
added a klonopin dose

• Moderator Emeritus

af22,

When did you restart the Geodon?

11/12/18

650 am 9 mg geodon went back to bed 

woke 915 feel bad but not as bad as yesterday 

10 am took 9 mg geodon .5 klonopin head off tired 

12 pm went to gas station had trouble standing head and eyes really off felt like collapsing 

1245 sitting in recliner feel ugh tired and head off can barely see straight 

200 feel a little better very tired and off shaky ok when sitting but walking is rough 

215 had severely bad episode can even describe shaky really feel off hard to walk freezing 

330 dosed .5 klonopin made me tired and lethargic I’ve been crying the last 18 days because I thought I was stabilizing but now I’m very depressed 

430 severely sick praying for death can’t see straight stomach hurts whole body off feel like passing out. 

600 let up significantly just feel crappy ate a piece of pizza and made my stomach hurt

That’s for tomorrow I’ll finish in the morning

I never stopped the geodon I reinstated the klonopin on July 12th

The geodon has been consistent with no drops since October 2016 

Hi AddictionFairy

i hope you start feeling better soon.  i feel bad over here, too.  So tired sometimes i forget where i am.  

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

stomach is a mess, too.  

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Thank you are you in withdrawal or did you reinstate

i am in withdrawal from zoloft and zyprexa- 4 1/2 years.  but have been taking ambien cr off and on for last 5 months because my sleep had continued to deteriorate and i was having horrible stomach issues that were making me miserable

Sorry to hear that 

i drank beer for the first time in years 2 1/2 years into withdrawal and overnight it shut down my digestive system.  this was summer of 2016.  i had not been sleeping well before that night, but afterwards my stomach shut down-  i felt full of stool all the time and had major fatigue and a fecal odor on my breath.  Found out later, i had a severe intestinal worm problem and the beer must have aggravated it.  Seeking treatment for worms has not been fun.

Omg I’ve never heard of that. It’s really not fair what a medication you thought would really be helping you and ends you up suffering for years. 

Sleep has been bad.   few hours here and there on the couch.   loose stools. fatigue.   ammonia smell on my body which is causing brain and balance issues.  i can go places on my bike, but walking is trouble.  i can manage a few blocks.  that's about it

Yeah walking sis tough for me. This wave I went into 18 days ago has been head distortion pressure and cockeyed I’m trying to figure out if I hit tolerance or not I was getting better then on the 26th took a hard turn for the worse and back to couch bound. 

Yeah, i think the meds compromise the immune system and digestive tract.  allows these things to get a hold.   i took something called wormwood originally, it's a pretty common parasite cleanse ingredient.  within a couple minutes of taking the capsule i was going to the bathroom with full bowel movements every 30 minutes for 2 hours.    was finding all these rice shaped eggs in my stool.  i even had an entire bowel movement of dehydrated apple chunks which apparently don't digest and cause a partial stomach blockage.  it was crazy.   then i saw several 2" long clear strands in the last bowel movement.   

i kept taking the supplement and felt great for 2 days,   energy level shot up.  food allergies disappeared ( i could eat meals with turning into a mess of snot and sneezing) .  but on the third day the wormwood started affecting my kidneys badly,  which is pretty common with that herb.  

yeah, i had a bad spell in July.  started throwing up and couldn't walk straight for more than 20 feet.  i had to start wearing a bike helmet everywhere because everytime i turned my head i started to stumble.   almost went down in a heap a few times turning my head to check for traffic.  it was bad.  it's a little better now. not much though.    yeah, lot of couch sitting and laying.   

i think the worms are causing medications and even alcohol to affect me badly.   clogging up the liver and gall bladder.   i became allergic to any alcohol.  severe, severe vomiting from even half a beer now.    i  

Omg that sounds horrible I’m so sorry your going through that. 

i had eaten raw pumpkin seeds that i had ground up in my blender with carrot juice this April.  Pumpkin seeds have a chemical in them that paralyzes intestinal worms and makes it impossible for them to stick to the walls of the intestines.     the next day my bowel movements were just clumps and clumps of worms.   they get mixed in with the stool, so you don't see them that well, but i was feeling so bad that i had forgot to flush the toilet and came back two hours later and the stool had dissolved and there were the worms-  probably 200 in clumps.  totally disgusting.   i called Infectious Disease at my hospital and the on-call nurse tried to tell me that what i really saw  was the pumpkin seeds 'unraveling'.    it was crazy.  i had ground them up into a paste before eating them.   

Do you have a gi dr

i have gone to three of them.  they don't really say anything.   One gi doctor said my fecal breath could have come on overnight because i "slept with my mouth open"  even though i told him the smell goes away when i do colon flushes with magnesium citrate, which means it's an internal issue.    i later got a call from his nurse while i was back home saying to "see a dentist".    they mostly just want to set up colonoscopy appointments,  which are not the best for detecting parasites,  but my sleep was so bad anyways and i was feeling so awful that i wasn't sure i could even handle the prep for it.   and you need a ride home from the operation since they use sedation.     

I did two stool tests that came back negative, but from what i hear that's pretty common even if you have worms.   either their testing is inadequate or else you need to be doing some sort of cleanse to make the worms come out and show up in stool tests.   

I would think an ultrasound would work.