Theaddictionfairy22: Reinstated a benzo after 19 months

Theaddictionfairy22

i had been  diagnosed with anemia in 2015.   the worms suck off all the nutrients from food.  there are lots of symptoms for parasites, but mine are mostly the fatigue where i almost collapse after meals or else these after meal sneezing fits that came on in withdrawal.  i basically start sneezing and won't stop for several minutes after i eat and become a mess of snot.     my weight has remained stable, i just have these feelings of a bowel obstruction and feeling packed full of stool and the fatigue all the time.   but the symptoms can go both ways where you lose weight and become weakened, too.  

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theaddictionfairy22

• Shep

• PoetJester

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it probably would or else they have these capsule colonoscopies where you swallow a small camera in a pill and it takes pictures going through the whole digestive tract instead of the colonscopy where you only see so far up the colon.             i am on bike or bus going to these appointments in terrible health and the Gi clinics are all 10 miles away or more.    after getting a few doctors without  any sense of urgency i got tired of trying.   i showed one doctor cell phone pictures of the worms, but she would only glance at them for a second and say they were inconclusive.   it's not like i am trying to score a couple anti parasite pills to sell on a street corner.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

i went to a new clinic last week for an ambien prescription and asked the gp about the GI dept at the clinic.  It's one of the major hospitals in the city i live in and i found out they had cut their entire GI dept.   they also cut their entire psychiatry department.   i was in shock.  

Be careful with the ambien it has withdrawal just like a benzo don’t take it everyday 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

Yeah, i know.  i am in one of these situations where i have to take it to sleep well enough to make it to doctor appointments since i am taking the bus or else on going on bike to these appointments.  

I’ve always used hydroxyzene it works great. 

Was on geodon for 11 years started day time dose made me too sleepy so started tapering day dose using klonopin. Did 5 day detox 12/5/16 off klonopin didn't like it after 9 months. Easy withdrawal with trouble here and there. At 16 months got nails done while in a wave and body shut down bedridden three months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms almost losing consciousness. Hospital have Ativan and I walked out of the hospital after arriving in ambulance took Ativan a week then 16 days ago started 1.5 klonopin trying to stanaloze but meds make me sick not sure what to do.  I dose klonopin at 10am 330 pm and 9 pm .5 mg each  I dose geodon at 650 am 10 am 9 mgs and 40 mgs at bed. Started 50 mg hydroxyzene 04/2016

Oh, no.  hydroxyzene was terrible for me.   2 hours of nightmarish sleep and waking up feeling like i was having a heart attack.  

11/12/18 continued

630 pm let up significantly very cockeyed

9 pm dosed iron pill 40 mg geodon, .5 mg klonopin. Helped cockeyed made chest and arms hurt fell asleep at midnight got up ay 930 am. 

11/13/18

650 9 mg geodon went back to bed

930 am woke morning not as bad as last few 

10 am dosed .5 klonopin. 9mg geodon able to do dishes laundry ran to store briefly much better than past legs and head a little off

330 pm dosed .5 klonopin made me a little high and walking a little more difficult. 

530 started feeling bad overall malaise 

let up by 6

715 trouble standing and walking 

eyes starting to strain head a little off 

800 pm feel better eyes a little strained walking a little better 

830 wave of malaise  have a raw feeling I can’t explain like weakness and jittery on the inside of my body only lasted 20 minutes 

9pm took iron pill  40mg geodon. .5 klonopin feel tired but normal first time my night time dose has actually normally relaxed me since I reinstated 

fell asleep at 11 slept hard till 9 

There’s 3 days 

On 11/10/2018 at 5:55 PM, ChessieCat said:

This is an example of what is needed.  Once the mods have a few days of symptoms notes they will be better able to assist you:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

I did the last three days day 2 is broken up 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi addictionfairy 22,

This one may have been for 11 November 2018, double check it please af22, as this is the one I added to, in lavender.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:28 AM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

6:50 am took geodon 9 mg, went back to bed

8:40 woke feel shaky and gravity pulling me down feel heavy legs weak haven’t had this since before I reinstated 

9:30 dosed geodon 9 mg and klonopin 0.5 mg no help with standing and walking tired head off a little feel like I could fall over sitting 

10:30 tired legs feel heavy

11 feel better head a little off and slight collapse feeling 

12 feel very off

12:30 pm body nausea head ache 

1pm can barely stand head distortion feel like being pulled down eyes starting to strain overall malaise. Crippling fatigue laid down.

3:30 dosed klonopin 0.5 mg, malaise pelvic pain and very tired I’ve been having pelvic pain for a month with irregular periods for four months since reinstatement. 

5:15 sickness over body headache shaky feeling of moving when not stomach ache 

6 ache all over hard to walk head distortion 

615 severe pins and needles sickness over body let up at 7 feel like jumping out of skin now

730 let up a lot headache and eyes off head distortion can’t get up can only lay down

9:00 pm geodon 40 mg,  klonopin 0.5 mg,  iron dose made me high hasn’t done that in over a month and made me feel a lot better slept till 9:15 am

this is how it’s been the past 17 days before that it was 10 minute to two hour waves throughout the day of stinging nerves or nausea all over 

11/12/18

650 am 9 mg geodon went back to bed 

woke 915 feel bad but not as bad as yesterday 

10 am took 9 mg geodon .5 klonopin head off tired 

12 pm went to gas station had trouble standing head and eyes really off felt like collapsing 

1245 sitting in recliner feel ugh tired and head off can barely see straight 

200 feel a little better very tired and off shaky ok when sitting but walking is rough 

215 had severely bad episode can even describe shaky really feel off hard to walk freezing 

330 dosed .5 klonopin made me tired and lethargic I’ve been crying the last 18 days because I thought I was stabilizing but now I’m very depressed 

430 severely sick praying for death can’t see straight stomach hurts whole body off feel like passing out. 

600 let up significantly just feel crappy ate a piece of pizza and made my stomach hurt

11/12/18 continued

630 pm let up significantly very cockeyed

9 pm dosed iron pill 40 mg geodon, .5 mg klonopin. Helped cockeyed made chest and arms hurt fell asleep at midnight got up ay 930 am.

11/13/18

650 9 mg geodon went back to bed

930 am woke morning not as bad as last few 

10 am dosed .5 klonopin. 9mg geodon able to do dishes laundry ran to store briefly much better than past legs and head a little off

330 pm dosed .5 klonopin made me a little high and walking a little more difficult. 

530 started feeling bad overall malaise 

let up by 6

715 trouble standing and walking 

eyes starting to strain head a little off 

800 pm feel better eyes a little strained walking a little better 

830 wave of malaise  have a raw feeling I can’t explain like weakness and jittery on the inside of my body only lasted 20 minutes 

9pm took iron pill  40mg geodon. .5 klonopin feel tired but normal first time my night time dose has actually normally relaxed me since I reinstated 

fell asleep at 11 slept hard till 9 

(copied over from previous posts)

Are you taking any hydroxyzine now addictionfairy22?

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

It’s all correct 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I’ve always used hydroxyzene it works great. 

10 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Are you taking any hydroxyzine now addictionfairy22?

Please let us know about your hydroxyzine use. 

I take hydroxyzene at 10 every night I forgot to add that. 

• Administrator
On 8/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, Altostrata said:

Geodon is quite a powerful drug to take for sleep and, over time, has serious effects on metabolism, particularly on insulin metabolism.

If you're taking Geodon for sleep, why do you take it in the morning?

You are feeling drugged and dopey all day long because you are taking drugs that have this effect all day long.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:28 AM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I’ve been having pelvic pain for a month with irregular periods for four months since reinstatement.

When was the last time you had a thorough gynecological examination? You need to do this as soon as possible.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I don’t feel drugged all day and why the gynecologist

Oh yeah I made an appointment. Before I reinstated I don’t feel the 9 mg of geodon during the day. Even when I had windows it never changed the way I feel. 

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You are feeling drugged and dopey all day long because you are taking drugs that have this effect all day long.

When was the last time you had a thorough gynecological examination? You need to do this as soon as possible.

Not once have I said I feel drugged and dopey all day 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

1245 sitting in recliner feel ugh tired and head off can barely see straight 

200 feel a little better very tired and off shaky ok when sitting but walking is rough 

215 had severely bad episode can even describe shaky really feel off hard to walk freezing 

330 dosed .5 klonopin made me tired and lethargic

What symptoms are particularly troublesome to you on your current drug regimen, which would be enough to stupefy a horse?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

The klonopin does that

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Please answer my questions.

Which of your symptoms are troublesome to you?

All of them but I’m not going to deal with rudeness. 

I’ve been on geodon so long I barely feel it at night this the hydroxyzene I’ve been on for 2 years. The only add is the klonopin because I was literally hospitalized. 

• Administrator

Why are you taking Geodon in the morning?

You may not think you're feeling it, but it can be adding to drowsiness, disorientation, or other of your symptoms.

What is your daily drug schedule -- time of day, drug, and dosage.

Please I have listed that so many times please go back it’s all there. Before I went into this wave at 16 months since starting the day dose I’ve never felt it. Once down to 9 mg since October 2016. For the first year off benzos I was fine other than some minor waves and one two week bad wave in year two off benzos I became very sensitive I ate 5 foods because others made me sick. At 16 months off I went to a nail salon and was in there for two hours the chemical smell was so overwhelming by the time I left I could see straight and the next day my body shut down. 2 ambulance rides hospitalization. 100s of symptoms. Up to that wave I was fully functional and living life. It’s as if going off the benzos and being sensitive then getting my nails done sent my body into shock. Not the geodon it has always helped me. My acute benzo withdrawal lasted three days that’s it. I talked to una from BAT in Bristol and she said the geodon will not stop me from stabilizing and what I’m going through is normal she said some people take more than six months to stabalize. The last three days have been much better but very symptomatic. I started the day dose of geodon because I was anxious after a three month daily drinking binge but it made me to tired so in 2016 started tapering. But haven’t dropped my dose since oct of 16. Once down to 9mg liquid I didn’t feel it at all. 

My worst symptoms are trouble walking. Getting hit with an overall body nausea feeling. Head being very off which I didn’t have today and walking has been better but this morning I woke early with anxiety and it progressed to the point I could barely stand and felt like passing out dosed the klonopin and was able to go shopping and do a lot today. 

Also severe stress and periods would send me into a wave. The week before this hit my brother and mom Had me so stressed I was shaking I started my period the 24th on the 26th I found out my grandson to be only has half a heart and it he survives birth will have numerous heart surgeries leading to a transplant if that will even work. That day I went into the wave. All of this could be coincidence I don’t know I just know when I was on these three drugs in 2016 I was fine I only went off the benzo after reading all the horror stories on the internet they scared me so I cold turkeyed. Thousands of people take these meds at higher doses and are fine. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/16/2018 at 12:09 AM, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I take hydroxyzene at 10 every night I forgot to add that. 

There is a possible dangerous interaction between Geodon and hydroxyzine, as well as a moderator moderate interaction between Klonopin and Geodon. 

Drug Interaction Report

Major

hydroxyzine  ziprasidone (Geodon)

Applies to: hydroxyzine, Geodon (ziprasidone)

Using ziprasidone together with hydrOXYzine is not recommended. Combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with either of these medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam (Klonopin) ziprasidone (Geodon)

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Geodon (ziprasidone)

Using clonazePAM together with ziprasidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

When did you start taking hydroxyzine? 

Please place the date and the dose in your signature. 

Account - Settings - Signature

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected moderator to moderate

04/2016 and I am aware of this all drs and pharmacist said it’s so rare they’ve never seen a case and my meds are fine. 

Yesterday other than waking up with bad anxiety then it going away and then shaking at my 330 dose was a good day. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi addictionfairy22,

You need to put that information in the drug and symptom logs format.

Just like what I helped you do for the days from 11 November to the 13 November.

Date,

Then time on the left  followed by drug (by name), dose, and symptoms

Include the hydroxyzine please.  Just the symptoms for this format.

Your narratives and opinions can go in a separate post, if need be.  Do you see what I'm saying here.

Can you work on that?  I think I went over the why we need it, in the simple format before.

And then try and just answer questions directly. 

Also:  Go to Account Settings

to get some dates and clarity into your signature.  Again, this is the portion you/we can see below your posts, unless viewing from a phone device.  This helps moderators to see, at a glance, your history with medications.  It also helps other members to get an idea of where you are coming from.

Please create a signature of your withdrawal history

there's more in that link on what we like to see there.

I know it's tough now af22, from what you have stated in narratives(here in your introduction)and honest, we do understand, most of us have been there.  With muddled minds and often circumstances that are out of our control.  Just try to answer questions as asked directly. 

I'm starting to be a little unclear as to what it is that you'd like from us, from this site?

I am really sorry for all your difficulties with your family and your health right now as well.

But I'm not getting the idea that you want to listen or begin to make some changes in anything at all. 

So that makes it hard.

We might be able to help.  If you are willing to take some charge now of giving us the information asked for.  In the way we need to see it.

I think your nervous system is very likely is in a bit of chaos right now.  And I'm worried about the choices you make with medications and drugs.

We are a site for tapering off medications in the most harm free way possible. 

It appears that your Geodon and Klonopin do have interactions that change the way they get metabolized in your body.

Your nervous system may have gotten destabilized as well when you when off Klonopin, and then after a time period passed......back on it.

So things don't all work how they did for you at one time. 

And that's unfortunate......and I am sorry about that as well.  We see a lot of this.

It is also......in my opinion, and with your best interest in mind,  your responsibility to start to learn and understand a bit more about your drugs.  For your own well being. 

We are happy to help you with this.  Once again

And then, even though you may not worry, or your pharmacist may not worry........I, for one get worried that you might just have a reaction to hydroxyzine/Geodon combination.

Life is precious, even though you may not feel that way right now.......it is.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
answering ?'s advice given

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

04/2016 and I am aware of this all drs and pharmacist said it’s so rare they’ve never seen a case and my meds are fine. 

And yet you can barely function.

I need to know your DRUG SCHEDULE. Are you taking your drugs every day on the same schedule? If so, what is it? Your daily notes show you're taking all your drugs irregularly.

Again -- why are you taking Geodon during the day?

Im going to seek help somewhere else I told you why I was taking it during the day and my drug variation is only 15 to 30 minutes at the very most and that’s very rare 

650 am 9 mg geodon

10am 9 mg geodon. .5 klonopin 

330 .5 mg klonopin

9 pm .5 klonopin. 40 mg geodon and iron pill

10pm 50 mg hydroxyzene 

I was 100 times worse before I reinstated the klonopin. So if anything the nonfunctional is not due to the drugs but from not stabilizing yet because I’m still in withdrawal. I know you gave me a warning (mod note: 0 pt warning given - please see this post for warning details) because I feel your tone is very condisending. Which I don’t think was right. I simply asked from the start if you can have much gain then go into a bad wave which ended three days ago. You keep asking me to repeat things I’ve posted several times. I was advised to come to this group because I might get advise on benzo reinstatement from someone with experience but all I keep getting is told how dangerous the medications I’m taking are which is making me worse and not helping. Prior to withdrawal I took these meds for a year with no issues. An entire team of drs from psychiatrist to neurologist and gp from OSU one of the best hospitals in the country and dr una from battle against tranquilizers with 40 years of experience all tell me the meds aren’t causing this I just haven’t stabalized. I don’t need advice on my medications I know these boards are very anti dr. Altostrata because of you I no longer want to seek advice from this board you cause undue stress. I’ve repeated myself several times for you and then in a snarky tone you’ll ask the same question again. I have had gene testing and I metabolize these drugs normally. Thank you for googling drug interactions and not giving me personal experiences but that’s not what I’m looking for. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

• Moderator Emeritus
57 minutes ago, Theaddictionfairy22 said:

I know you gave me a warning because I feel your tone is very condisending. Which I don’t think was right.

For the information of other members, what af22 received was the following 0 point warning:

Failure to respond to moderator request 

Please do not overlook requests from the staff, such as creating your signature, symptom notes, or other questions.

In order to assist you, we need specific information. If you don't do this, we cannot even attempt to help you. This is serious.

Please make a real effort to supply the information we have requested.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I’ve always responded. I have several times listed everything and two days ago I was asked why I was on the day dose of geodon and answered and again asked today. I don’t see how that’s helpful.