Alejandro34: Effexor - reinstatement?

Alejandro34

I was on effexor IR 150 mg then i switched to XR 150 mg and tapered over a period of 11 months as my doctor told me to but he didnt use the 10% rule, instead it was based on some days taking more capsules than others, I didnt know the right tapering method. I have been off effexor for 4 months and a half, i am also currently taking clonazepam.

My withdrawal has gotten worse and hard to manage, i cant sleep and my blood pressure is increasing and i am getting eye problems. I do get windows sometimes; i have got whole day windows, but my symptoms also get worse. My insomnia is hard to manage and its making me very stressed in turn increasing my blood pressure, and affecting my eyes.

While i have put all my effort not to reinstate i believe i need to, please tell me how do i do it, what is your take on that ? Tell me if it is possible a reinstatement could work, I have been 4 and half months off.  if it is likely and what are the risks, what dose would be recommended to reinstate ? Please understand that if I am missing something is because my cognitive functions are compromised, is very hard to focus and go trough information. If i made a mistake please be understanding and point it out. I implore for help and insight into the decision of wether to reinstate or not and how much ? What would you do when your health is being compromised by the withdrawal process ?

Thank you so much, I hope some one can help me take the safest choice

Effexor XR: 2003 - 2008

Zoloft: 2008 - 2011

Prozac: 2011 - 2012

Vibrid: 2012 - 2013

Effexor IR 2013 - 2017

Effexor XR: 2017 - 2018

Currently taking Clonazepam 1 mg

Edited by ChessieCat
spacing

Effexor XR of 150mg from 2003 to 2008.

Zoloft 100mg from 2008 to 2011.

Prozac ?mg 2011 to 2012.

Vibrid ?mg 2012 to 2013. 

Effexor IR 200mg from 2013 to 2016.

Effexor XR 150 mg  for 6 months 

Clonazepam 1mg 2008 to 2018 ( Currently taking )

Tapered Effexor from 150 mg to 37.5 mg on 10 months

Effexor 37.5 to 0 in 3 months

Off Effexor since March 2018

Reduced clonazepam from 1 to .75 on 2016

Currently taking Clonazepam .75mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Alejandro34: In need of help - reinstatement?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Alejandro,

Welcome to SA. I'm glad you found us.

Here is a link on reinstatement. The first page is most important. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

It's a very individual decision; it could help--but there are no guarantees. 

*********Please do seek help/treatment for your blood pressure. We don't deal with that specifically here. Even though it is likely temporary due to withdrawal, it needs attention. ********

Let us know what you decide and we can go from there. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• SkyBlue changed the title to Alejandro34: Effexor - reinstatement?

Thank you for sending me this information, I am also glad i found this forum. I am having foggy thinking and OCD which makes going trough information very hard, but i will go trough this. I will seek treatment for my blood pressure.

I have been 4 months and a half off effexor i am so confused. I am also seeing things bent, straight lines seem bent, i may have central serus choreopathy and has been exacerbated by the stress of withdrawal, i will also seek medical attention for this. 

How much should I reinstate on effexor ? how many MG ?

Please help

Effexor XR: 2003 - 2008

Zoloft: 2008 - 2011

Prozac: 2011 - 2012

Vibrid: 2012 - 2013

Effexor IR 2013 - 2017

Effexor XR: 2017 - 2018

Currently taking Clonazepam 1 mg

Effexor XR of 150mg from 2003 to 2008.

Zoloft 100mg from 2008 to 2011.

Prozac ?mg 2011 to 2012.

Vibrid ?mg 2012 to 2013. 

Effexor IR 200mg from 2013 to 2016.

Effexor XR 150 mg  for 6 months 

Clonazepam 1mg 2008 to 2018 ( Currently taking )

Tapered Effexor from 150 mg to 37.5 mg on 10 months

Effexor 37.5 to 0 in 3 months

Off Effexor since March 2018

Reduced clonazepam from 1 to .75 on 2016

Currently taking Clonazepam .75mg