Idlehnds: started Lexapro 15mg down to 1.80mg

Idlehnds

Thanks for the recommendation of the magnesium oil.  Any suggestions on a type of oil?

Also, I have no reactions from the B-vitamins except a clear head and a very happy mood at this point.  Still get tired in the late afternoon, but my gut feeling is that I am healing.  So for the B-12, B2 and B5 are doing really well for me.   If all works out I will be happy to recommend people that spectracell test.  Of course everyone is always different but if someone has a positive experience it brings hope.

February 2017 started Ambien (Whatever the highest dose was) and Ativan 1.5mg

March 2017 started lexapro.  15mg  -Weaned off Ativan after about 2 months on it. 

Weaned off Ambien after 4 months on it every night.  Lexapro starting working and didn't need it.

April 2018 started reduced Lexapro.  15mg-12.5mg.

May 18' 10mg, June 18' 7.5mg, July 18' 5mg, August 18' 4.5mg, Sept 18' 4.0mg, Oct 18' 3.5mg, Nov 18' 3.0mg.

Jan 19' 2.5mg, February 19' 2.0mg, From here I went about .10mg drops at a time and sometimes more every 2 weeks depending on how I feel.  That was from February-August 20th 2019.

I got to .30mg and decided to jump off.  It was so small and decided I needed to face my fears.  I created nueral pathways in my brain that I was fearing withdrawal.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus

This is SA's topic:  Magnesium

If you click on the above link and type oil in the search area (top right) and click on This topic it will bring up all mentions of oil in the topic.

Edited to add:  some people make their own lotion, and some make their own oil

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks ChessieCat.  Everyone here is so awesome!  I am going to stop at the Vitamin Shoppe on the way home and getting the spray one a user suggested.  Gonna put it on my tight muscles on my left leg.  

Thanks again!

Btw.  I feel so special here.  My introduction page has on page 2 of 2!  Lol.  Getting some healing work done!

Edited by Idlehnds
Bad sentence structure

March 2017 started lexapro.  15mg  -Weaned off Ativan after about 2 months on it. 

Weaned off Ambien after 4 months on it every night.  Lexapro starting working and didn't need it.

May 18' 10mg, June 18' 7.5mg, July 18' 5mg, August 18' 4.5mg, Sept 18' 4.0mg, Oct 18' 3.5mg, Nov 18' 3.0mg.

Jan 19' 2.5mg, February 19' 2.0mg, From here I went about .10mg drops at a time and sometimes more every 2 weeks depending on how I feel.  That was from February-August 20th 2019.

I got to .30mg and decided to jump off.  It was so small and decided I needed to face my fears.  I created nueral pathways in my brain that I was fearing withdrawal.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• 3 weeks later...

@Altostrata I think you are a mastermind.  The muscle pain and issues I feel you are right and they are from withdrawal.  

I started reading this book called "healing back pain" by John Sarno.  It basically goes into detail about muscle tension and how underlying emotional issues are causing this chronic pain that you dont even know.  Its only been one day and its been miraculous so far.  I changed my mindset to understanding that its not a structural problem eventhough I had a MRI and found out I have a herniated disc (7mm) and a bulge (3mm) that its not causing my pain but rather the tension of some pshycosomatic fear of feeling the pain.  Woah.... this journey is crazy!

Anyways... I highly recommend the book. :)

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• 1 month later...

Just a update but down to 1.30mg of Lexapro.  Feeling great and doing great.  I think the vitamins that my doc tested for and the combination of learning about TMS and Mindbody syndrome have really changed me.   When I start to get into ruts I am able to really bounce out fairly quickly.  Within a few hours.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on getting so low on Lexapro.  You are doing great.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How's you're taper going @Idlehnds? I trust you continue to make good progress with all the tools you have in your toolkit as well.

I got my results from the spectracell test recently and have been working to implement them. B6, Copper, and Coenzyme Q10 showed up as deficiencies. And I'm going to up my dosage of fish oil as well. Thanks for recommending the test I think it's very helpful to get those personalized micronutrient results!

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Idlehnds: started Lexapro 15mg down to 1.80mg

Hi @composter.  Long time no talk!  I was thinking about you the other day and I am happy I havent heard from you.  That means that you are doing well :)

I am doing good myself.  I am down to .95mg of Lexapro.   I have had some ups and downs throughout this but nothing that I couldn't handle and nothing that put me back into the torment that I was in when I first got into this mess.

I have learned that I have something called TMS (Tension Myonueral Syndrome) or MindBody syndrome.  Everything that got me into this mess was a cycle of  physical symptoms which led to fear and anxiety and depression.  I always thought I had something seriously wrong with me physically.  Now that I have discovered what I truly have I have been able to focus on the issues within that led me here.

The idea is that your subconscious creates physical symptoms when you repress emotions.  I have repressed emotions my whole life.  It also generally seems to effect a certain type of personality traits such as people pleaser, goodist, and perfectionist.

It makes you go within to find the issues and not something outside of you.  I kept trying to solve my issues by supplements (don't get me wrong they are good but not the way I was using them in before I got tested), various doctors, google, various websites, etc.  The problem wasnt that there was something physically wrong within my body, it was my thoughts.   I was constantly living in fear.    Fear of symptoms that I didn't want to have.   I had to eat the right thing or I would beat myself up about.  If I drank alcohol I would think I did too much and tell myself I am quitting.  I would worry if what I said to a person was the right thing.  I would always try to please people because I wanted them to make sure they like me.  Once you dig deeper, you start to realize that when I was a kid I was picked on alot and that it caused me to feel like I was never good enough.  This puts a lot of pressure on me without me knowing.  Fear, worry, sadness, anxiety are all negative emotions that create bad energy inside your body.  Now when you get these emotions, we all have a tendency to want to change it.  We want to get rid of them.  Make them go away.  Now, the technique that I have been working on is just trying to be there with the emotions non-judgmentally (mindfulness).  If we keep wanting to fix these emotions we have, we send a signal to our brains that we are "not safe" which causes us to freak out every time you have these very "natural" emotions.  When you are going through them, the goal is also to label it.  Pretty much being self aware of what type of emotion you are experiencing. "I am in fear", "I am sad right now", "I am thinking about the future and having anxiety".  I have noticed that once you sit with emotions and let them happen, they seem to float on by and you dont give them the attention that fuels the cycle.

Now I am not perfect at this, but I am working on it and I have been in this cycle for a long time, so to rewire your brain isnt going to be a overnight thing.  One thing i have learned that when you are healing your mind, that its never a overnight success.  It takes time and hard work.  I think of it like going to the gym to workout.  Those guys with big muscles have been working out for years to maintain there stature.  Same thing with our minds, as we need to be self aware and continually try to work out your muscles in your brain.  This is done through mindfulness, affirmations, positive thinking,  and journaling. 

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus

Really cool to hear your update, my friend! Indeed, no news is good news in my case :)

Very interesting to hear about TMS/Mind-body Syndrome. I can definitely understand how a subconscious repression of emotions can lead to physical manifestations of symptoms. These things are all so interconnected (as many of us learn from the withdrawal/tapering process!). I remember learning in an Anthropology course that in China, depression is mainly characterized as a physical illness, with descriptions like "tight stomach" or "lack of energy" rather than an emotional one. There are culture-based and even gender-based or family-based reasons that change one's experience of emotion. 

I think you have a very grounded attitude about it all. I agree with you. Any behavior or lifestyle change does not occur overnight but is the product of daily habits. Mindfulness and journaling are such helpful tools. Continue moving forward as you are and I look forward to seeing your "success story" on here very soon!

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I would give everyone a update.  I am officially off of Lexapro.  I stopped over a month ago and I am going strong.  

In the next 6 months I will post a success story and let everyone know my thoughts on the whole withdrawal process.  I have a different opinion on things and I hope to share then.  

Thanks for all the support and will chat with you all soon.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Idlehnds said:

I am officially off of Lexapro.

Congratulations, Idlehnds!  That's a great accomplishment.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

2 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Congratulations, Idlehnds!  That's a great accomplishment.

Thank you so much!!  I am excited to be off and I and I hope one day I can help people get off too.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Mentor
15 minutes ago, Idlehnds said:

Thank you so much!!  I am excited to be off and I and I hope one day I can help people get off too.

Woohooo! Thats awesome :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

2 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Woohooo! Thats awesome :) 

Thank you so much!!  I have alot of information to share once I am about 6 months off.   Neuroplasticity is awesome, and I really think people with prolonged withdrawal can heal alot quicker.   Hopefully I will be able to help!

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, Idlehnds said:

Thank you so much!!  I have alot of information to share once I am about 6 months off.   Neuroplasticity is awesome, and I really think people with prolonged withdrawal can heal alot quicker.   Hopefully I will be able to help!

Why wait until 6 months? I’ve just hit 7 months after a fast taper. The brain 100% can heal! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

2 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Why wait until 6 months? I’ve just hit 7 months after a fast taper. The brain 100% can heal! 

Lol.  I guess you are right.  I will start writing a sucess story.  It might be long tho!  Stay tuned.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on being off Lexapro.

It would be helpful if you put more details in your drug signature showing the date and dose you started Lexapro and the method you used to get off.  Please also indicate the last dose you took.

Because withdrawal can be delayed, and sometimes members end up reinstating their drug or start taking a different drug, SA prefers members to be drug free for about 12 months before posting a their success in the Success Forum.

However, it would be encouraging for other members to read more about your journey.  Please post it here in your Introduction topic.

If you haven't already done so, please read BrassMonkey's posts.  You will still need to take care of CNS and no overdo things for quite some time yet.  are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

And of course we look forward to you eventually posting your success story at a later time.  And please do keep us updated about how you are going.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

14 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Congratulations on being off Lexapro.

It would be helpful if you put more details in your drug signature showing the date and dose you started Lexapro and the method you used to get off.  Please also indicate the last dose you took.

Because withdrawal can be delayed, and sometimes members end up reinstating their drug or start taking a different drug, SA prefers members to be drug free for about 12 months before posting a their success in the Success Forum.

However, it would be encouraging for other members to read more about your journey.  Please post it here in your Introduction topic.

If you haven't already done so, please read BrassMonkey's posts.  You will still need to take care of CNS and no overdo things for quite some time yet.  are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

And of course we look forward to you eventually posting your success story at a later time.  And please do keep us updated about how you are going.

Okay will do.  I will wait for a success story.  I will also update my signature to help other people.

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Moderator Emeritus

Amazing news @Idlehnds. You were such an encouraging help for me a year ago during one of my first waves. You can definitely help many people both online and offline, I'm sure of it. I agree with you and @Cocopuffz17, the brain's innate capacity to heal is remarkable and something I am so thankful for!

Congratulations!

A great accomplishment! Love to hear your success story in the future! 

Way to go.

Cheers

Jozeff

Sep- 2016 - Okt 2017 citalopram some months 15 mg some months 20 mg

Nov 2017- Apr 2018 citalopram 25 mg

Apr 2018 -  Jun 2018 citalopram 3 month TAPER too fast  from 25mg to 16.5 mg (0.1 mg per day decrease, felt horrible and crashed)

Jun 2018 - Aug13th 2018 citalopram trying to stabilize at 16.5 mg for 5 wks

- August 14th 2018 - April 29th 2019  citalopram 18 mg (1.5 mg updose).

2019 apr 27 : START taper citalopram @ 18 mg: 29Jun 16.4 mg / 19aug 15.4 mg / 25aug 15.2 mg / 30sep 14.0 mg / 4dec 13.1 mg

2020  03Jan 12.75 mg / 28Jan 12.29 mg / 18Feb 11.83 mg, 25Feb 11.68 mg hold.. / 7May 11.33 mg hold...., 4Aug 10.98 mg / 5Dec 10.0 mg 4 month hold...

2021 30mar 9.8 mg / 06apr 9.5 mg /  13apr 9.4 mg / 14may 8,5 mg / 04jun 8,0 mg / 11jun 7.75 mg, 02jul 7.35 mg /  09jul 7.2 mg hold 3 weeks during holiday /31jul 7 mg/ 8aug 6.8 mg / 15aug 6.63mg / 22aug 6.5mg / 1sep 6.3 mg / 8sep 6.15 mg / 15sep 6.0 mg / 22sep 5.9 mg / 29sep 5.8 mg / 04 oct 5.65 mg / 10oct 5.55 mg / 17oct 5.45 mg / 24oct 5.35mg / 30oct 5.25 mg hold 3 wks / 22nov 5.15 mg / 01dec 5.1mg / 12dec 5.0mg / 20dec 4.85mg / 30dec 4.70mg

2022   08jan 4.5 mg / 16jan 4.4 mg / 23jan 4.3 mg / 27jan 4.2 mg / 18feb 4.1 mg / 25feb 4.0 mg / 04mar 3.9 mg / 11mar 3.75 mg / 18Mar 3.65 mg / 09apr 3.55 mg / 16apr 3.45 mg / 23apr 3.35 mg / 01may 3.25 mg / 8may 3.15 mg / 17may 3.10 mg / 28 may 3.0 mg / 7jun 2.94 mg / 18 Jun 2.88 mg / 27 jun 2.84 mg / 05 jul 2.80 mg / 16 jul 2.75 mg / 23 jul 2.70 mg / 01aug 2.65 mg / 09aug 2.60 mg hold 5wks / 18sep 2.55 mg / 25sep 2.5 mg /02oct 2.45 mg / 10oct 2.40 mg / 19oct 2.35 mg / 27oct 2.30 mg / 05nov 2.27 mg / 14nov 2.25 mg / 22nov 2.20 mg / 29nov 2.10mg / 09dec 2.05 mg / 15dec 2.0 mg 

2023  hold 2.0 mg for 5 months / 05may 1.95 mg / 14may 1.90 mg / 24may 1.87 mg / 02jun 1.85 mg / 17jun 1.82 mg / 27jun 1.79 mg / 07jul 1.75 mg / 31jul 1.72 mg / 12aug 1.69mg / 27aug 1.67 mg / 04sep 1.65 mg / 09sep 1.63 mg / 22sep 1.61 mg / 27sep 1.60 mg / 12oct 1.58 mg / 18oct 1.56 mg / 31oct 1.54 mg / 06nov 1.52 mg / 18nov 1.50 mg / 04dec 1.48 mg / 11dec 1.46 mg / 22dec 1.45 mg / 28dec 1.44 mg

2024 01jan 1.43 mg / 06jan 1.42 mg/ 10jan 1.40 mg hold / 08apr 1.38 mg / 15apr 1.36 mg /

• Moderator Emeritus

Well done @Idlehnds! I'd love to hear more about your journey! Please post updates - it seems there is a dearth of accounts of life post zero. I know a lot of members, including myself, would live to know more about the gap between post-zero and success story.

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

On 9/21/2019 at 11:12 PM, composter said:

Amazing news @Idlehnds. You were such an encouraging help for me a year ago during one of my first waves. You can definitely help many people both online and offline, I'm sure of it. I agree with you and @Cocopuffz17, the brain's innate capacity to heal is remarkable and something I am so thankful for!

Thank you so much!  I am so glad I could of helped you during your times.  This really made my day!!  I really want to help people so badly!

One of my specialties with my holistic wellness/health coaching would be to help people come off there meds.  I would try to guide them to really understand there brain and encourage them with Nueroplasticity.   How sometimes when they get stuck in withdrawal a lot longer then they should is because of a limbic system dysfunction and we get caught in these loops of fear and worry that keep the cycle going.

When you are withdrawing from a med you get a ton symptoms.  These symptoms create a neural pathway of fear and worry.   Lets use typical AD symptom of insomnia for instance.   The fear and worry around if you are going to sleep at night starts to create the process of a limbic system loop.  First, you start worrying,  "can I make it to work tomorrow", "we need sleep to heal and if I am not sleeping I am not healing", " I am going to get sick because I always get sick when I don't sleep" etc, etc etc,.  Then in order to cope you start avoiding things like canceling appointments, drinking alcohol, taking benzo's, etc etc. During this whole process you are building a much stronger connection in your brain with fear.  They have a saying that says "what wires together fires together" when referring to neural pathways.  Like some people that got bit by a dog when they were younger, maybe have built a neural pathway that every time they see a dog they are flooded with stress hormones in there body which causes the classic anxiety symptoms.  With withdrawal, we are building these associations with fear and creating these imprints in our brain that when a certain action happens, we automatically fire off our stress hormones from our subconscious.  In the example I am showing, we are constantly firing off a cascading fear response to sleep, which feeds a loop, which in turn pumps cortisol in our system, which takes away from digestion, which makes our mind race, which causes pain in the body and the list goes on and on and on and on.

I noticed the longer we build these associations of fear the stronger they get for a lot of people if they don't have the tools to get themselves out of the constant loop.   The other thing I noticed is the symptoms always rotate around.  One day its your digestion, one day its your mind cant shut off, one day your back is hurting, one day its a head pressure and its always something.

Now this isn't for everyone, but it is for alot of people with prolonged withdrawal. The key to shortening the duration of withdrawal is to teach there brain to associate with safety instead of fear which will stop the loop and get them out of the "prolonged" withdrawal.   That is why it so awesome they have this website.  This website allows people to understand that its just withdrawal.  They understand that you shouldn't fear because its just withdrawal and keeps you from staying in the loop.  Of course we all still sometimes get in the loop but the support helps us get out of it.  You can take the fear away with knowledge if you know what your doing when going through it.  You almost take away the power because you know its going to end.

Sorry that was a long response but that is a tiny bit of what I would like to teach people.   Its all centered around Annie Hoppers "DNRS" technique and John Sarno's TMS philosophy.  Also, focusing on nutrition, exercise, spirit will all be important aspects of my coaching/teaching.  Helping them to shift there beliefs that our Mind Body and Spirit are 100% connected is probably another important thing.  Teaching people that if you have love, you cannot have fear.  Fear/stress is what causes all of Dis-Ease in our body.  

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019

• Mentor
59 minutes ago, Idlehnds said:

Thank you so much!  I am so glad I could of helped you during your times.  This really made my day!!  I really want to help people so badly!

One of my specialties with my holistic wellness/health coaching would be to help people come off there meds.  I would try to guide them to really understand there brain and encourage them with Nueroplasticity.   How sometimes when they get stuck in withdrawal a lot longer then they should is because of a limbic system dysfunction and we get caught in these loops of fear and worry that keep the cycle going.

When you are withdrawing from a med you get a ton symptoms.  These symptoms create a neural pathway of fear and worry.   Lets use typical AD symptom of insomnia for instance.   The fear and worry around if you are going to sleep at night starts to create the process of a limbic system loop.  First, you start worrying,  "can I make it to work tomorrow", "we need sleep to heal and if I am not sleeping I am not healing", " I am going to get sick because I always get sick when I don't sleep" etc, etc etc,.  Then in order to cope you start avoiding things like canceling appointments, drinking alcohol, taking benzo's, etc etc. During this whole process you are building a much stronger connection in your brain with fear.  They have a saying that says "what wires together fires together" when referring to neural pathways.  Like some people that got bit by a dog when they were younger, maybe have built a neural pathway that every time they see a dog they are flooded with stress hormones in there body which causes the classic anxiety symptoms.  With withdrawal, we are building these associations with fear and creating these imprints in our brain that when a certain action happens, we automatically fire off our stress hormones from our subconscious.  In the example I am showing, we are constantly firing off a cascading fear response to sleep, which feeds a loop, which in turn pumps cortisol in our system, which takes away from digestion, which makes our mind race, which causes pain in the body and the list goes on and on and on and on.

I noticed the longer we build these associations of fear the stronger they get for a lot of people if they don't have the tools to get themselves out of the constant loop.   The other thing I noticed is the symptoms always rotate around.  One day its your digestion, one day its your mind cant shut off, one day your back is hurting, one day its a head pressure and its always something.

Now this isn't for everyone, but it is for alot of people with prolonged withdrawal. The key to shortening the duration of withdrawal is to teach there brain to associate with safety instead of fear which will stop the loop and get them out of the "prolonged" withdrawal.   That is why it so awesome they have this website.  This website allows people to understand that its just withdrawal.  They understand that you shouldn't fear because its just withdrawal and keeps you from staying in the loop.  Of course we all still sometimes get in the loop but the support helps us get out of it.  You can take the fear away with knowledge if you know what your doing when going through it.  You almost take away the power because you know its going to end.

Sorry that was a long response but that is a tiny bit of what I would like to teach people.   Its all centered around Annie Hoppers "DNRS" technique and John Sarno's TMS philosophy.  Also, focusing on nutrition, exercise, spirit will all be important aspects of my coaching/teaching.  Helping them to shift there beliefs that our Mind Body and Spirit are 100% connected is probably another important thing.  Teaching people that if you have love, you cannot have fear.  Fear/stress is what causes all of Dis-Ease in our body.  

Great response. The mind is powerful and when you run those negative cycles it can be hard to get out of, especially in a wave. Great info, ty! 

@Idlehnds

Amazing stuff. I’ve been lurking on this board for the past 6 months. Our stories are very similar. I just came across dnrs last night while searching for help with Paxil withdrawal. Then came here to see if anyone has had success with it. Would love to have your help and coaching through this. Do you mind direct messaging me so we can talk? Appreciate it! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alex and welcome to SA,

Thank you for participating on our site. Please start a topic for yourself in the Introductions and Updates forum so we can get to know you better.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi idlehnds,

It would be great if you would share your non drug techniques in the appropriate topic/s so that other members have easy access to them.  Thanks.

If there isn't an existing topic, please start a new one with a relevant topic title.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hi idlehnds,

It would be great if you would share your non drug techniques in the appropriate topic/s so that other members have easy access to them.  Thanks.

If there isn't an existing topic, please start a new one with a relevant topic title.

Sure.  I can create a topic or two?  I just need to think of some suggestions.  I guess I can do my first one on Withdrawal and Loops in the brain.  

Lexapro 0.0mg 8/20/2019