SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Galmond10: need advice

Galmond10

• Moderator Emeritus

Accounts merged:  Galmond10 to Galmond's original Introduction.  (mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Galmond10

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

• manymoretodays

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

It's unusual for someone to take Valium so often throughout the day on an irregular dosing schedule. Valium has a very long half-life; most take it once a day.

Irregular dosing can cause an irregular symptom pattern. Suggest you consolidate the doses into 2 a day, such as 1.5mg in the morning and 2.25mg 12 hours later before bed. 

It will take a week or two for the new schedule to fully take effect.

Has the itching decreased since you dropped the baclofen?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you, it has been difficult to differentiate symptoms from Flexeril withdrawal vs. Valium symptoms.  The itching has been decreasing each day, but not completely gone.

The doctor had him taking 3-4, 5mg Flexeril per day in addition to the Valium.  Due to the "increased effect" of this combination, we have been increasing the daily intake of Valium this week to find a stable dosage.  He had previously been taking about 5mg of Valium per day plus 15-20mg of Flexeril per day.  I regret we did not accurately document his intake as we are now.  It appears his symptoms are becoming less prominent at 8.5mg per day.  I had read your advise regarding 1 to 2 doses a day on your sister site, and he is taking 2 doses today, (1) 3.5mg at 7:15AM, and planning on (1) 5mg at about 7:30PM tonight.  I am hoping we can wait a little later tonight, as his main symptoms are chills and agitation first thing in the morning.  He also does not sleep well.

The best news is he has been out of bed all day today!  Unrelated to medication, he is still experiencing the vertigo and thumping in his head for 2-1/2 years and back pain from being bedridden most of the last 9 weeks.  We had hoped the cervical fusion would relieve the vertigo and still hoping it will in the long run.