DevndMe: Valium CT 6 months off, thinking of reinstating

DevndMe

Long story short. I was put on liquid valium. Took it 10-15mg daily for 2 years. Until doc stopped prescribing it suddenly on day. First two weeks I don't even remember. Had seizures twice. Then all got even worse at week 6. DR, high blood pressure, high heart rate, tremors, weird thoughts, agoraphobia, fear of death, hypersensitivity to everything- temperature, lights, sounds, foods, meds. Totally bedridden.

Then month 3 was 3 week tolerable time. Since then on off better days and worse days. But still able to somehow function.

Until 1,5 weeks ago. Everything got back. Totally bedridden. Low pb and heart rate, passing out many times a day, severe DR. Having a lot suicidal thoughts also because its all seems endless.

Is there any chance of success if I try to reinstate after so long time?

2016-2018 Valocordin Diazepam 

• ChessieCat changed the title to DevndMe: Valium CT 6 months off, thinking of reinstating
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi DevndMe, welcome to SA.   I can only imagine the horror of having a benzo ripped away after such a long time. :o

Are you taking any other drugs or over the counter  medicines or supplements?

It is common to have some good periods in among the nightmare ones, this is what we call windows and waves. 

Windows and waves 

This topic has many links to topics that explain withdrawal syndrome, the one on brain remodelling is excellent. 

*What is withdrawal syndrome

We have a dedicated benzo forum where the mods will advise you on reinstatement. I anm not sure taht is is helpful so long after quitting.  You will need to start a topic there, it can be the same as this one. 

*Benzo forum

You will find lots of information here about symptoms and how others cope with them. 

*Important topics about symptoms

I can assure you that you will get better, this will pass and you will get your life back.  People learn to cope, to hold onto hope, and to be happy when there is any improvement. Improvements will come. You are in a dreadful wave right now but like literal waves they donot stary full forever, they come and go. 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I am currently taking vitamin D and electrolyte powder with water. Because they were really low on my resent blood count on the ER.

I have tried many things throughout the withdrawal( duloxetine, sertraline, tianeptine, ecitalopram, mitrasapine - they all were horrible idea) Also 5htp, CBD- DR got worse, valerian- gives me headache on very low dose, L-theanine- helped in the beginning, magnesium- helped with tremors but made my already low bp lower, so I stopped. I think I had withdrawal from stopping it. (Bp, heart rate went high, tremors again, anxiety DR got worse, settled down in a week). Melatonin helped with sleep, but my problem seems to be more oversleeping- so don't really need it.

Still too sensitive to certain foods and bright light. We had a heat wave in our country, maybe thats what actually triggered the wave I am in now.

At the same time I am scared of starting any benzo again. I would probably have some reaction to it and it can take my already low bp and heart rate even lower. Usually its around 89/60 and heart rate 50(but the lowest I had was 44 right after 30 min dog walk)

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, DevndMe said:

I am currently taking vitamin D and electrolyte powder with water. Because they were really low on my resent blood count on the ER.

I have tried many things throughout the withdrawal( duloxetine, sertraline, tianeptine, ecitalopram, mitrasapine - they all were horrible idea) Also 5htp, CBD- DR got worse, valerian- gives me headache on very low dose, L-theanine- helped in the beginning, magnesium- helped with tremors but made my already low bp lower, so I stopped. I think I had withdrawal from stopping it. (Bp, heart rate went high, tremors again, anxiety DR got worse, settled down in a week). Melatonin helped with sleep, but my problem seems to be more oversleeping- so don't really need it.

Still too sensitive to certain foods and bright light. We had a heat wave in our country, maybe thats what actually triggered the wave I am in now.

At the same time I am scared of starting any benzo again. I would probably have some reaction to it and it can take my already low bp and heart rate even lower. Usually its around 89/60 and heart rate 50(but the lowest I had was 44 right after 30 min dog walk)

Hi DevandMe, 

A lot of people find that during withdrawals it’s not a good idea to try lots of supplements as these can make withdrawals worse. The only supplements recommended on this site are fish oil and magnesium. Even with those start with low doses of one n see how you go and then you can up them slowly, and then try the other. 

Adding more medications to help with withdrawals is not a not a good idea either as then you’ll have trouble tapering off them n you also may get reactions to them. 

Im sorry you’re in a wave right now. Do things that will help you distract yourself such as arts n crafts, music, DVDs n Netflix, go in nature etc etc. I know it’s hard but you can do this, just keep distracting yourself. 

Dont fight the symptoms, it will just make you more anxious. Ride through them. Check out Claire Weekes.

Wishing you all the best💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

I am starting to feel bipolar last few days. I get manicly happy and active. Unable to sit still. Goes around about an hour. After that deep crash. When I am uncontrollably crying. Also having impulsive urges to hurt myself(was self harmer when I was younger). Haven't had this king of feeling for years. Of I just want my life back 1f62d.png😭1f62d.png😭.