Happy2Heal

The word is spreading!

Happy2Heal

I am watching a lot of videos and listening to different pod casts and the like on different health topics and I came across this on a site by a prominent  psychologist (and co-author of the book The Pleasure Trap) 

check this out! he's cautioning people against using ADs and talks about withdrawal

http://esteemdynamics.org/listen-to-dr-doug-audio/audio-why-antidepressants-are-dangerous/

he also mentions being careful about going off these drugs very very slowly in another video about issues with food.

he's a bit fuzzy on some of the details but at least he's getting the word out

the more ppl educating the public about the dangers of these drugs, the better!

he recommends Anatomy of an Epidemic and also Breggin's book on going off ADs

just sharing my happiness about the spread of information and education on this topic

I kinda needed to find some good news today 

SkyBlue

Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing.

JackieDecides

After reading your post, I looked for the book The Pleasure Trap and had just decided not to order it from my library because it advocates

eating vegan and water only fasts, neither of which I want to do (not that there is anything wrong with them in general:  I mean for me, just now)

but I listened to the audio link and it's excellent so I am exploring other audios on his site; currently listening to Fixing Your Procrastination. 

thank you for the link! 

Happy2Heal
2 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

thank you for the link! 

you're welcome

I read the Pleasure Trap and it was disappointing.

I"ve found that online lectures on YouTube have been a lot more helpful and some are really entertaining too lol

many of the "plant based, whole foods" advocates are also very much against the over drugging of patients and want to help ppl to avoid being a patient, to avoid becoming sick in the first place