SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Leo1983: SSRI withdrawal

Leo1983

Agreed , I’m sorry 😐 

@Junglechicken apologies 

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

I didnt realise whos thread it was. I was just responding 

Apologies.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

39 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

I didnt realise whos thread it was. I was just responding 

Apologies.

All good.

Hope everyone finds relief.

For me it’s been a symptom I have lived with for about 4 yrs now.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

It gets better

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Would you be so kind to answer me 1 question?   In your essay you write.... the ones who take the drug for 1 day to 1 week is who i feel sorry for. You say the have an adverse reaction and vould take along time etc..   You then go on to say.... then you have the people who are on the drug for 2 months and get off CT because the drug is not helping or making things worse. They then end up with numerous dr visits and end up on a carousel of drugs. However you give no explanation to what it means for those people?? You just say thats a different story.   I was one of these people. On the drugs a couple of month at a time and then worked out what was going on.    Do i still fall into the time frames of recovery? 18 month to 2-3 year?.    Many thanks   Lee.

I sent the above message to Brass monkey. He has replied and states he is in the outback in Kenya lol. So he cant answer.... 

This is my major teigger at the minute. Thinking about my drug history. I tried different ssris for short periods and always got off no problem. 

Thwn i tried Mirtazapine for 2 weeks and i had all sorts of dizziness, feeling like i was guna pass out, nausea, fatigue. So stopped it after the 2 weeks. Then i didnt recover. Its the first drug i did not recover from after stopping it.

Then i went onto Escitalopram as i did not know what was wrong or about withdrawal or adverse reactions.

If you look at Brass monkey essay under CT or fast tapers he talks about people who are on the drug for a couple of month then come off CT then end up on carousel of drugs. However all he says is thats a different story......... 

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved this topic you created to the Symptoms and Self Care forum:  helpful-recovery-videos

Maybe you should watch them again.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi.

Thanks for that again......

This is the second time i have asked this question. I dont know if my exact point is understood. 

I know it takes along time, its hard, it wont last forever etc. 

My question is specific to the essay on the board. 

What does he mean when he says " then you have the people who are on the drug for 2 months and get off CT with Drs advice,because the drug is not helping or making things worse. They then end up with numerous Dr visits and end up on a carousel of drugs until they eventually work out what is happening. 

However he says that a different story!!! What is that story? Is my question. 

Thanks and i appreciate your time.

• Moderator Emeritus

BrassMonkey wrote that topic.  You'll have to wait for him to respond when he is able to.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Ok. He said in several month...... I guess nothing is quick in this full stop. 

Thanks CC. 

• Administrator
On 2/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, Leo1983 said:

Would you be so kind to answer me 1 question?   In your essay you write.... the ones who take the drug for 1 day to 1 week is who i feel sorry for. You say the have an adverse reaction and vould take along time etc..   You then go on to say.... then you have the people who are on the drug for 2 months and get off CT because the drug is not helping or making things worse. They then end up with numerous dr visits and end up on a carousel of drugs. However you give no explanation to what it means for those people?? You just say thats a different story.   I was one of these people. On the drugs a couple of month at a time and then worked out what was going on.    Do i still fall into the time frames of recovery? 18 month to 2-3 year?.    Many thanks   Lee.

People who have a fairly immediate adverse reaction to the drug may have symptoms that look exactly like withdrawal syndrome but (like withdrawal syndrome) are neurological dysfunction caused by the drug. They are recovering from a severe adverse reaction, rather than withdrawal syndrome per se. But recovery is the same.

People who follow the more typical path of going on and off drugs develop neurological hypersensitivity from the drug changes and may find tapering difficult because of it.

We can't predict how long recovery from either situation will take, all we know is it will be very gradual and frustrating. As we've discussed many times, yours is a typical prolonged post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) from antidepresssants.

How are you doing now, by the way?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for that explanation.

Im not too bad. My days are like you say typical now. Im sleeping all night without issue. Im starting to have brief dreams and still wake with anxiety however not the suicidal type waking in utter panic.

When off work i can manage my days alot easier. I still am very aware im not myself but i can manage better. When at work my anxiety is higher and my symptoms are worse. I have 2 weeks off now to reboot. I have managed 9 month at work. 

My memory is alot better!! Im more aware of what is going on around me. 

Things that are better.

Memory

Cognition - still not normal.

Sleep

Anxiety lower during day.

Mood fluctuates but more laughing etc.

Concentration.

Dizziness - Gone! Thank the lord.

Things that are still an issue.

Social anxiety - family, meals, haircuts etc. But i still go.

Anhedonia.

Mood still not great.

Pain in legs and arms

Lethergy

Talk talk talk about withdrawal.

Head pressure.

Emotions/libido. 

Thanks for asking how i am. 

Lee

Hi Leo,

Stopping in to see your reply to Alto.  It seems things are improving slowllllllllly for you.  I am so glad to see that.🌥️  Sorry it's not faster but you're healing.  Thankful for that.  Stray strong with your sense of humor that makes this all more bearable.  Continued prayers for you and others on the site. 

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.36 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

• Administrator

Good to hear, Leo.

Did you feel any effects from fish oil or magnesium?

Thanks....

Slowwwllly sums it up. 

Im just wondering what im guna do with my new skills once im better?. I may become a chess player, a human statue or a bird watcher. They all require patience, take forever and to be quite frank are bloody mind numbing just like wd! Apologies to any bird watchers just an example!

Thanks for wishing me well.

You sound good yourself.. keep at it.

I did not try magnesium as in the start it made me anxious. Then i was going to start it again but i read about the potential for dependence.

Fish oil is something im going to start soon i think. Now im not crippled by wd.

I am sat looking out my kitchen window, thinking about the past.

I would have been out running now, i would have been planning a nice lunch and looking forward to reading a newspaper. Off work with no added stress, my kids at hand to love. However i am just sat thinking what a good person those drugs destroyed. A good mind, husband and father. 

I just want to say to anyone who reads this keep up the fight and i wish each and every person on here who has the strength to overcome this the absolute best in the rest of their lives. 

Today was one of the first days i really thought of others and other peoples families, friends and others. The impact that is has on them. Is this because i have some emotion back? Who knows. 

I really felt i had to write this for some reason. 

Keep the faith and be as positive as you can. I know its awful...... 

Lee ☺

OMG i have just been out for a jog about 1 mile. 

And i enjoyed it. 

3 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

OMG i have just been out for a jog about 1 mile. 

And i enjoyed it. 

Keep it up. It will help a lot.  

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

Hi.

Does anyone suffer sore throat and ears more often in WD?

Like when you swallow you feel it in your ears. Im not sure if it is GERD and the acid is coming up off my stomach and burning my throat especially when im asleep. This is common with GERD i know. 

I sneeze alot too. I blame the hystamine receptor downregulation for this. 

6 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi.

Does anyone suffer sore throat and ears more often in WD?

Like when you swallow you feel it in your ears. Im not sure if it is GERD and the acid is coming up off my stomach and burning my throat especially when im asleep. This is common with GERD i know. 

I sneeze alot too. I blame the hystamine receptor downregulation for this. 

Very common, raise your bed at head side by 8 inches, can buy bed raisers cheap or just use block of wood or books, will help a lot with the acid reflux

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Thankyou. 

Pretty pissxd off!!!

Been doing pretty well, even excercising. 

Go to visit my grandmother in hospital. Feel pretty off on my arrival, symptomatic head pressure etc. However managable. 

A nurse walks over i know from school. Hey you still nursing?? Yeh i am..... then the reception lady walks in, whom knows my mother... Hi and a million questions followed... so here i am stuck in a ward surrounded in the cubicle with numerous questions about my family and work etc. What happens?? The withdrawal anxiety kicks up, i feel like i need to bolt...... what do i do sit and endure it.... answering the questions with 1 or two words.... 

They left and i just felt really really really stupid. I dont even know if they noticed or not. They must have!! I felt a mixture of rude and stupid!!

I would never of had this issue before withdrawal. It is really the worst symptom i have. As in the one that holds me back in my life. 

My post yesterday still remains an issue i just feel such a looser. Im sick now of feeling anxious around people i never normally would have. 

Im like a rabbit in the headlights with interactions and its winding me up now! Had enough of it. 

Also im excercising and enjoying it but im not sure its making me more anxious and more lethargic. I feel my head pressure is worse a few hours after excercising.

If i stopped my meds 14th june 2018 does this make me 9 month off on the 14th of March?

As i have been counting in weeks on a calander and i make it that im 9 month and 3 weeks off meds. 

Very confused. Just if anyone has anytime to answer. 

Thankyou.

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Does it really matter?

• Administrator
On 3/1/2019 at 9:41 AM, Leo1983 said:

The withdrawal anxiety kicks up, i feel like i need to bolt...... what do i do sit and endure it.... answering the questions with 1 or two words...

Learning meditative breathing would help you in these situations. You send signals to your nervous system to calm down. Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

2 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Also im excercising and enjoying it but im not sure its making me more anxious and more lethargic. I feel my head pressure is worse a few hours after excercising.

Well, you're enjoying it. If you think it's causing symptoms, dial back on intensity a bit.

Well it appears to matter to 99.9% of the site, so to me its pretty important how long i have been off the drugs yes. 

The rationale is people may not be able to tell you when your guna heal however recovery has ball park time frames. 

Learning meditative breathing would help you in these situations. You send signals to your nervous system to calm down. Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Thankyou for this. Is this a stressed out nervous system due to the drugs? As i could talk to people, go out to pubs, socialise with ease prior to messing about with tablets. I feel sometimes i have a full blown social phobia. Which i have never had in my life. Just annoys me. 

I have changed my diet im doing slimming world diet. Basically healthy eating. 

Also i was able to run 3 times last week and it was good. However im convinced it has set me back. Anxiety is sky high again, head pressure, even dizziness. Not ideal. 

• Administrator
On 3/2/2019 at 12:34 PM, Leo1983 said:

Learning meditative breathing would help you in these situations. You send signals to your nervous system to calm down. Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Thankyou for this. Is this a stressed out nervous system due to the drugs? As i could talk to people, go out to pubs, socialise with ease prior to messing about with tablets. I feel sometimes i have a full blown social phobia. Which i have never had in my life. Just annoys me. 

Leo, please re-read your entire topic, I'm sure we've discussed why you're feeling stressed-out.

4 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

I have changed my diet im doing slimming world diet. Basically healthy eating. 

Also i was able to run 3 times last week and it was good. However im convinced it has set me back. Anxiety is sky high again, head pressure, even dizziness. Not ideal. 

If it makes you feel worse, don't do it, or don't do it as strenuously.

Please use common sense.

No, we can't tell you when you'll recover. Read these again

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

Leo, please re-read your entire topic, I'm sure we've discussed why you're feeling stressed-out.

A - Because i have withdrawal syndrome?

Yes im going to lay off the exercise. At least i could manage it, thats improvement. However still not there yet.

Thankyou for your response.

6 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Leo, 

When I began this horrible journey, I attempted to do my normal three to four mile run, and God lord, I had horrible head pressure during the runs, and a couple hours after, I had severe dizziness/vertigo episodes. In my part, what I experienced and what you're going through is sadly one of the many withdrawal symptoms. I'd go slow. I'd recommend doing a light workout, do some weight lifting with light dumbbells, and for cardio, I'd try to do a light jog, though if it still affects you, then just do long walks (though do take water with you :) ) 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Leo,

I have just realised that you and LeoD both have the same coloured automatically generated avatar.

Because you both have the same name and also the same colour, it would be helpful if one, or both of you, change your avatar so the mods and members don't get confused.

Hopefully you won't both change to the same or similar one. 🤣

Hi 

How do i change this? My Avitar pwoo im lost already lol.