SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Leo1983: SSRI withdrawal

Leo1983

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus

Click on the drop down arrow next to your name (top right).  Click on Profile.  You will see your avatar at the top of the page.  Just beneath the avatar there is a picture icon.  Click on the icon.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Have had a pretty bad 4 days...... Anxiety is sky high, insomnia on work nights, knowing im up for work in the morning. Finding it hard to go to work. Feel like i have gone back over. 

Pretty sick of suffering daily now like. Not sure its worth the pain somedays.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

13 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Have had a pretty bad 4 days...... Anxiety is sky high, insomnia on work nights, knowing im up for work in the morning. Finding it hard to go to work. Feel like i have gone back over. 

Pretty sick of suffering daily now like. Not sure its worth the pain somedays.

I'm with you. You're not alone in this. Some of the symptoms I had when I began my withdrawal came back in the last two days. I just hope it goes away soon. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

Well.... Prozac 10mg it could be....

Sick of the whole withdrawal brainwash. Its become my life. I have sat with 2 people today who say they have never been happier on prozac. 

Given it serious thought.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, Leo1983 said:

2 years ago i visited a Dr and said im suffering anxiety at work only. Ok try Fluoxetine 20mg! Basically a Zombie for 10 weeks. I said im quitting and did so Cold Turkey.

Leo,

I’m sorry you are still suffering, but I think you should seriously consider what you hope to achieve by taking an SSRI. 

You have taken Prozac before and it was ineffective. You were a ‘zombie’ before. With a sensitive nervous system, what would the outcome be this time? 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

Can it be any worse than months or years of this shxt?

Im not sure what to do. I just know for sure im bored sick of this.

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Leo1983 said:

Can it be any worse than months or years of this shxt?

Im not sure what to do. I just know for sure im bored sick of this.

Unfortunately Leo, it can be worse than what you’re going through now. If the Prozac didn’t help before you went through all this, it’s not likely to help now. 

I can understand you’re fed up of the symptoms and enduring them for so long, but please try to remember that things can and do get better. It sounds like you’re in a particularly rough patch right now. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

Its not rough im just sick of it. Bored stiff of been a shell of who i am. 

I have everything a man vould want yet i sit here suffering daily putting a big act on. 

Its boring now, im bored other people are bored of it. Its boring!

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately Leo, that kind of thinking and attitude is not going to be conducive to getting better. No matter how much the situation bothers you and how much you fight it, the symptoms will not abate until they’re ready to. 

I’m going to assume that you’re having a particularly bad moment. I hope you feel more positive again soon. 

Thankyou

Please see Sadboy's followup post regarding ibogaine:

1 hour ago, Sadboy said:

Sadly, you guys were right, ibogaine helped but nothing permanent and couldnt keep taking it. 

Original post:

Hey  man just wanted to let you know that the microdosing iboga is working wonders for me man. My anhedonia is going away and my libido is coming back. I wouldn't beleive it either if someone else would say it to me. This stuff really is a mircale. Heroine users already use it to get over withdrawal, why wouldn't we? I finally am not suicidal anymore, and i feel like i am getting my life back, finally, after a year of playing this waiting game that gave me nothing.  The  crazy thing is that the benefits of the microdosing dont happen when taking it, but they happen after when it has done its healing. Big pharma is already trying to copy this plant to sell it, there is a lot of research on it, its no hocus pocus. I would hate it if people would not try this because they think its some alternative crap, it is not.

Edited by ChessieCat
added follow up from Sadboy

Used zoloft for 5 months. Started with 25mg, upped to 50 and finished with 75mg. Tapered in one month time. Finished taper at 15/04/2018

Pleased for you and hope it stays this way. 

Im taking no risks in recovery. 

Way i see it now is the brain is not designed to have chemicals added to it. Its designed to be cared for and looked after. That is what i will do and let my brain work as intended.

Good luck

1 hour ago, Sadboy said:

Sadly, you guys were right, ibogaine helped but nothing permanent and couldnt keep taking it. 

Original post:

you do you man. Just after playing this waiting game for over a year after just 5 months of using zoloft i couldnt do it anymore. Couldnt connect with friends, no libido and no happy moments. I was willing to take the risk, and now i am so crazy glad i did. I went from suicidal to just starting to live life again. It's sad i can not confince others cause i understand the mentality u have, i thought the same. But this stuff saved my life, i almost killed myself because of the anhedonia, i was in a psych ward because of it. Friends and family are commenting on how I am better than in over a year and how it feels that i am coming back again. I really think this plant can mean a lot for this community, i will make a post about it when i will be even further down the line. Good luck to you man, i hope you heal naturally

Edited by ChessieCat

Used zoloft for 5 months. Started with 25mg, upped to 50 and finished with 75mg. Tapered in one month time. Finished taper at 15/04/2018

• Moderator Emeritus

Sadboy,

I’m glad the ibogaine is treating you well, but two weeks is a very short span of time.  

At this stage it is a little premature to advertise this stuff as a miracle. I’m all for working solutions and fixes, but it would be good to hear a full account of your experience over a period of months. 

I really do hope it continues to be effective for you, but please bear in mind that it may not work the same for everybody here and that the benefits may not last. 

Thanks.

I just hope it stays sunny for you Sadboy. 

Let us know in a few month how ur doing.

1 hour ago, Sadboy said:

Original post:

Yeah you guys are right. I will report back within a month or so, i also am ofcourse scared of going back to the dark hole. I will let you guys know how it went.

Edited by ChessieCat

1 hour ago, Sadboy said:

Original post:

Hey leo how are you doing? Saw you are considering ssri again? I think you should not even consider that an option. I so do get what you mean by getting bored of being a shell of yourself all the time, thats the whole reason i started the iboga. If u wanna call sometime and discuss stuff i will be there, i really found stuff out that helped me become myself again. I know everyone here thinks time will heal everything but i do not agree. When you look at the pssd forums you really see otherwise. And pssd doesnt have to be full blown erection problems. Pssd is primarily low or no libido comibined with anhedonia. Dont want to talk you down but that **** doesnt heal in time always, the pssd, look it up. I just think the promise that is given on these forums that everyone will heal is false. Its hopefull and get people through, but its false. You really sometimes have to take action yourself i think, i really do. 

Edited by ChessieCat

So are we suggesting that the withdrawal community is all false? The success stories are all lies? 

The numerous internet stories are all fake? 

The Bristol Tranquiliser project that have helped thousands recover from withdrawal are fake? 

Dr Glenmullen, Breggin, Shipko, Alto etc etc are all just a load of crap? 

People will be ill in withdrawal forever??

Are you claiming iboga is the hidden secret that has been missing for years. Alto you missed out on the cure for withdrawal??

I understand your trying to help but what your actually doing is looking for quick fix again. You have not even been on the site 12 month..... it takes most people 1- 2 years to see good improvement. Or is it all lies?? 

People in wd are very unwell and it takes nothing for them to doubt they will ever get better. 

If your path is working great!!! It wont be my path and please stop saying we never heal and its a load of shite that we heal. 

Does anyone disagree with what i say? 

29 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

So are we suggesting that the withdrawal community is all false? The success stories are all lies? 

The numerous internet stories are all fake? 

The Bristol Tranquiliser project that have helped thousands recover from withdrawal are fake? 

Dr Glenmullen, Breggin, Shipko, Alto etc etc are all just a load of crap? 

People will be ill in withdrawal forever??

Are you claiming iboga is the hidden secret that has been missing for years. Alto you missed out on the cure for withdrawal??

I understand your trying to help but what your actually doing is looking for quick fix again. You have not even been on the site 12 month..... it takes most people 1- 2 years to see good improvement. Or is it all lies?? 

People in wd are very unwell and it takes nothing for them to doubt they will ever get better. 

If your path is working great!!! It wont be my path and please stop saying we never heal and its a load of shite that we heal. 

Does anyone disagree with what i say? 

I'm with you Leo. Alto would never had created the page if this was a quick fix like Sadboy is trying to peddle around. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Now im sat doubting i will ever get better.

Is this just a way of keeping people alive. 

Will my family ever get me back. 

Soo pissed!

7 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Now im sat doubting i will ever get better.

Is this just a way of keeping people alive. 

Will my family ever get me back. 

Soo pissed!

You're not alone in this. That's the same thought running through my mind. 

You cant tell me this is all a load of lies and were doomed forever in this state.

RXisk appear to think were doomed. Is these sites all about keeping people alive and getting through a day. 

Giving ppl hope. 

Is the success stories lies to help ppl. 

Im lost. 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Sadboy@Leo1983

Please, let’s settle it down guys. I know there is a lot at stake for both of you, but let’s keep things productive and supportive for everyone involved. 

Sadboy, please give it a few more weeks and months before you give us a better and more comprehensive review of Ibogaine. 

Leo, you know that the vast majority (if not all) of the success stories here are written by good, honest people who have been through the same journey as you. None of us mods would be here as volunteers to try and perpetuate lies. This is a difficult journey for all of us and we try our best to support each other. Some members will take risks and occasionally stumble across a supplement or drug that helps them, but we cannot in good conscience advise everybody to do that, when there are so many unknowns involved. 

“What is food for one man may be bitter poison for others”. 

So are you saying we are not wasting our time suffering for months on end and that this will stop at some point Eymen?. 

I have never known anything last this long in my life.

My luck would be ibogaine would send me into an ultra trip and mess me up more. 

I can handle suggestions however i cant hanfle been told it wont get better. Especially when the process has not even been followed for long enough or with little evidence.

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

So are you saying we are not wasting our time suffering for months on end and that this will stop at some point Eymen?. 

Yes, that is what us moderators believe is possible. If recovery was rare or impossible, Alto wouldn’t have spent countless hours creating and maintaining this site. 

Hey man. I didn't say no one heals. People do heal. And no, i don't know if iboga is the magic cure yet. What I do know is that telling everyone they will heal is also not true. There are enough stories of people not healing, so telling everyone they will for sure heal is just not true. I know this a hard to swallow pill, damn, for me it was the reason i almost finished myself. Saying that because someone created this site and puts time in it that proves most people heal is weird logic to me? I am not saying healing is impossible. What i say  is that just promising everyone that they will heal with time is just unfair. Look at the pssd forum, they don't. Sure some do, but a lot also don't. And their symptoms are not so different from people here, at least not from my symptoms. One of the main symptoms of pssd seems to be anhedonia and emotionall bluntness, and thats all that is left for me with no libido symptomwise. Does this mean i have pssd and will have no chance in healing? I don't know. What i do know is that healing isn't a certainty for me. I even dare to say that if i follow the stories from other pssd sufferers, there is a small chance of healing instead of a big one for me through time. This is in contradiction with the message that is given out on these forums, that healing will for sure happen with time. 

You were also no were near the time frames for healing either, before you looked for a cure. 

Alot of people have sex dysfunction on and off the drugs. Also Anhedonia is a common symptom for everybody really. 

I like the evidence i have for healing. I have improved over the past 9 months and hope that continues. 

When i stopped the drugs i had genital numbness, difficult orgasm etc. Lets just say i have a baby due in a few month. So thats my evidence. 

Good luck mate. 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Sadboy said:

Saying that because someone created this site and puts time in it that proves most people heal is weird logic to me? I am not saying healing is impossible. What i say  is that just promising everyone that they will heal with time is just unfair. 

Sadboy,

You seem to have a hard time believing that most people who withdraw from psychiatric drugs, eventually heal. Of course you will find exceptions to that rule, but how many people who withdraw from psychiatric drugs set up a thread online and talk about it? How many people who don’t improve, have other contributing factors to their condition like toxic relationships, stressful jobs, issues with alcohol and recreational drugs etc?

If you read through all of Leo’s thread, he actually ‘healed’ after cold turkeying from other psychiatric drugs. 

I feel your posts are becoming slightly disruptive and unproductive at this point. Yes, we know that some people go many years with little improvement in symptoms, but why should we base our guidance around those individuals? For most people, time and patience is the key to gradual healing. 

Especially since your posts are not helpful to Leo and he does not agree with them, please stop making posts like this on Leo’s topic. 

@eymen23

You know what you have just raised a great point. This is my second withdrawal.

I had wd from Sertraline. I had head pressure, sinus issues, ringing ears, balance issues. I did not know what it was. I thought it was sinus infections. Now i know what it was. It lasted months and it stopped. 

Then again its happened however, this time its been twice as harsh. Also longer. Could this mean im kindled?? 

1 hour ago, Sadboy said:

Original post:

I am just saying there are also a lot of people who don't heal. I am not saying you and I belong to them. I really hope we do not man. But just blatantly saying that everyone will heal is not true in my opinion. I do get that that idea will get us through, but i think it's unfair because there are so many stories out there of people who don't. Also about the iboga i microdose so you don't trip. Not saying you need to do this, because it's true, we have to see if it works on the longer term. Also what works for me may not work for you, this is also true. If you really do believe everyone will heal with time, this is only a blessing, because it will get you through time. I, sadly, can't beleive this anymore and this is also why i was willing to take risks. 

I really do hope you heal man you probably will, i feel i am more of an unlucky case because it looks like i have pssd more than classic withdrawal. Good luck and i will inform about the iboga after a while.

Edited by ChessieCat

@eymen23 Sorry i just read your message, i will stop posting about this now. Good luck to you all, keep fighting because it doesn't matter how we heal, i hope we all will.

54 minutes ago, Sadboy said:

I am just saying there are also a lot of people who don't heal. I am not saying you and I belong to them. I really hope we do not man. But just blatantly saying that everyone will heal is not true in my opinion. I do get that that idea will get us through, but i think it's unfair because there are so many stories out there of people who don't. Also about the iboga i microdose so you don't trip. Not saying you need to do this, because it's true, we have to see if it works on the longer term. Also what works for me may not work for you, this is also true. If you really do believe everyone will heal with time, this is only a blessing, because it will get you through time. I, sadly, can't beleive this anymore and this is also why i was willing to take risks. 

I really do hope you heal man you probably will, i feel i am more of an unlucky case because it looks like i have pssd more than classic withdrawal. Good luck and i will inform about the iboga after a while.

Sad boy Believing you will heal is apart of healing. Positive thinking builds new neural pathways. If you're just resigned to waiting around for Recovery to happen to you without being proactive and having a positive attitude I'm sure you'll barely notice it. Or eventually you'll doubt it because during a wave you know that you took an extra supplement that may have caused the problem.

There are so many factors to withdrawals to each individual that we can't even predict what's happening to us so how can you predict other people's with withdrawals. I've had really bad waves that start off in the morning and feel like eternity and within a couple hours they're completely gone.

Yes there may be some of us it takes longer to recover but we sure as hell aren't going to give in to these idiot doctors and pharmaceutical companies. That's exactly what they want. They thrive on our doubt in ourselves

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

Hi Rus

Take care everyone.

Goodnight. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, Leo1983 said:

I have never known anything last this long in my life.

My luck would be ibogaine would send me into an ultra trip and mess me up more. 

I can handle suggestions however i cant hanfle been told it wont get better. Especially when the process has not even been followed for long enough or with little evidence.

I just wanted to say that while I have been unsuccessful so far in SSRI WD that I was on high doses of benzos for 16 years and after a very hard WD I did manage to get through.  Benzos are another drug that causes very protracted WD for a ton of people and on the Benzo forum sites people are all wondering the same things we are here in regards to ever healing again because it lasts so long.  I can tell you that there were a lot of people who were able to finally heal telling me to hang on and stick with it.  I know benzos aren't SSRI's but the same situation  of protracted withdrawal and fear of never healing are the same.  I have been in SSRI WD twice and am currently having tolerance WD which is not as full blown, but the worst is coming as I will begin tapering some time soon.  I know it will be hard but by beating the Benzos I can say that situations like this do get better.  Just hang in there and try to think positive.  

1994-2009 benzos from age 20 to 36.  Added Cymbalta 60mg in 2007.

2008-2009 tapered benzos to zero and quit Cymbalta Cold turkey.  WD HELL for two years

2011 started on Lexapro to combat the withdrawal and it worked.  

2015 switched to Prozac as Lexapro was not working as well

2017 quit Prozac cold turkey November and crashed into WD.  Reinstated Prozac In December with no benefit. 

2018 Switched back to Lexapro in January and it took most of the issues away in around 2-3 weeks

2019 In February Lexapro has pooped out and WD feelings back.  Tolerance WD I'm sure.

March 12th Upped my dose to 30 mgs per doctor's advice to see if Tolerance WD goes away but have had worsening sleep issues with limbs jerking and less sleep.

March 17th dropped back down to 20 mgs and had less limb jerking last night but sleep no better.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

Good man. 

I like you already. Good luck man!!

Keep as positive as that and you will surf it no problem.

I can tell you from the heart Lexapro is one son of a b**** to get off. It is potent as hell. But you will do it too. 

Good luck.