Matt4492: 8 months off of Zoloft and Ativan

Matt4492

I got on both and came off both at nearly the same time about 8 months ago. Both gave me panic attacks the first week after tapering off. I had panic attacks for the next 6 months. My social anxiety is to the point where I’ve quit 6 jobs because of it. I have days where I feel manic, highs and lows, to the point of contemplating suicide. I hate these ******* drugs. I was completely dependent on both. My question is which could be causing the panic attacks and derealizetion 8 months later????? Time passes fast, as if I’m in a subconscious state all the time. My emotions are usually flat. I’m moving to Colorado next year so I can use medical cannabis, cause I don’t see any other option to beat this severe depression. please reply

• ChessieCat changed the title to Matt4492: 8 months off of Zoloft and Ativan
  • Administrator

Welcome, Matt.

Contrary to what doctors believe, psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome can last a long time. Please read

What is withdrawal syndrome?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern? How's your sleep?

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Taken in low doses throughout the day, magnesium can diminish anxiety and tension.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Matt, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.