Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD / cannabidiol or Hemp oil

Jonathan

12 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Strange, I've have been around stoners all my life and never seen one hospitalised. Lots including myself have quit cold turkey too. Over here as far as I know no one is really concerned what there doctor thinks about there cannabis use. I have no statistics or links but just what I know from experience. 

To be honest I think cbd and thc should be different threads, cbd to me is a supplement like all the others where thc is a total different story. 

10 years on various anti-depressants

5 years Effexor xr

tappered of 150mg in 6 months

nothing for two weeks

Reinstated 15 beads for 50 days

Tappered off then clean 2-3months

gradually went back up to 13 mg 3 years

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

reinstated 5ml dispersed fluroxatine for 6months

• manymoretodays changed the title to Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD(cannabidiol) or Hemp oil
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 11/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, SouthernFreeze said:

To be honest I think cbd and thc should be different threads, cbd to me is a supplement like all the others where thc is a total different story. 

Yes.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Are you volunteering for this task? B)

Apparently some of the CBD patches contain THC.  I was just looking and found this:

10 best CBD Patches for 2020

So, it get's complicated.   As we are only up to 6 pages now, of this topic, for now, it may be best to just read the whole topic and do your own critical analysis, prior to any usage.  Unless, of course, you'd like to take on some organizational work here.   You could send one of us a PM, if so.

And as there is no hard data, as yet, to support using CBD, in any form, specifically for WD, we can't endorse it. And advise caution.

The posts from JanCarol, with information from Consumer Labs, and drug interaction information is really good.  And then some solid posts from Altostrata as well.  Many members experiences and opinions too.

Thankyou SouthernFreeze,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/3/2020 at 5:52 AM, SouthernFreeze said:

SA is different to many other forums.  We like to keep discussion of a similar theme in one topic.  If a member starts a new topic and there is an existing topic with the same theme the topic is merged into the original.  Doing this makes it easier for members to find the information and also means that the number of topics on the site is kept to a minimum.  It keeps the site much tidier.

You can always do a search within a topic if you are looking for something in particular or use a search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

4 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Are you volunteering for this task? B)

Apparently some of the CBD patches contain THC.  I was just looking and found this:

10 best CBD Patches for 2020

So, it get's complicated.   As we are only up to 6 pages now, of this topic, for now, it may be best to just read the whole topic and do your own critical analysis, prior to any usage.  Unless, of course, you'd like to take on some organizational work here.   You could send one of us a PM, if so.

And as there is no hard data, as yet, to support using CBD, in any form, specifically for WD, we can't endorse it. And advise caution.

The posts from JanCarol, with information from Consumer Labs, and drug interaction information is really good.  And then some solid posts from Altostrata as well.  Many members experiences and opinions too.

Thankyou SouthernFreeze,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I think you are correct no scientific evidence that fully proves thc or cbd does anything good for the human body it is more of a hit or miss some people might get relief others not so much.

I had touched the stuff for 25 years till one day got extremely anxious which lead someone to prescribe the ssri which messed me up.

i can honestly tell people here indica this sativa that ect does not make a difference its all marketing gimmicks everyone just rolls with weed is just that it alters your state of mind the same no matter what it tastes like or what kind it supposedly is.       

Also realize most is hybrid no pure landraces almost anymore so you never know what you are gonna get different chemicals different growers ect too many variables at play.

i could get into the whole topic of what could happen but everyone is different.

Smoking anything isnt good for your health obviously  i once met a farmer and my friend asked if he could plant on the land and the guy said absolutely not said his brother died  few years ago from lung cancer and did not use tobacco was a heavy cannabis user so people can take what they want from that i would  hate to burst any ones bubble.

Also with cbd alone that is questionable as well one or 2 people i have read about said that at first everything was great relaxed then they became horribly anxious over time.

I stopped using green because one day i had a severe panic attack no one around and in my room alone i thought i was having a heart attack.   Just my 2 cents 

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

10/16/2020 resumed the ADHD medication. 

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

12 hours ago, jamest said:

I think you are correct no scientific evidence that fully proves thc or cbd does anything good for the human body it is more of a hit or miss some people might get relief others not so much.

I had touched the stuff for 25 years till one day got extremely anxious which lead someone to prescribe the ssri which messed me up.

i can honestly tell people here indica this sativa that ect does not make a difference its all marketing gimmicks everyone just rolls with weed is just that it alters your state of mind the same no matter what it tastes like or what kind it supposedly is.       

Also realize most is hybrid no pure landraces almost anymore so you never know what you are gonna get different chemicals different growers ect too many variables at play.

i could get into the whole topic of what could happen but everyone is different.

Smoking anything isnt good for your health obviously  i once met a farmer and my friend asked if he could plant on the land and the guy said absolutely not said his brother died  few years ago from lung cancer and did not use tobacco was a heavy cannabis user so people can take what they want from that i would  hate to burst any ones bubble.

Also with cbd alone that is questionable as well one or 2 people i have read about said that at first everything was great relaxed then they became horribly anxious over time.

I stopped using green because one day i had a severe panic attack no one around and in my room alone i thought i was having a heart attack.   Just my 2 cents 

I don't think your bursting anybody's bubble, it's pretty well know now that there are many other ways to ingest cannabis.

Cbd for me never actually started working until I had used it over a period of time. And too be honest I think the benefits of cbd are about as proven as a lot of the supplements endorsed on here.

I'm not trying to promote it or anything, just seems like it's being pretty quickly dismissed on here because of its relation to thc. 

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey SF,

I think it's just that our nervous systems are so fragile.  And that it could complicate things in WD.  I also used some, smoked it, after decades of no use.  When I was in Seroquel WD and it did help briefly.   I was able to sleep. 

Used it again with Lexapro WD.  Problem was, I got hooked.  AND.......got all paranoid too.  Oh, not to mention, it is illegal here.  So, I was glad to get off it, and get on with my healing and recovery from the prescribed psychiatric drugs.

Since that time, it is legal for medical usage here..  It seems that they may prescribe the same thing for everyone.  I don't know. 

I will continue to abstain.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, Altostrata said:

You might read this topic from the beginning to see the effect of marijuana is unpredictable for people whose nervous systems are sensitized by withdrawal and it sometimes makes them feel worse.

We advise people to be very cautious with all drugs, including "natural" drugs like marijuana, which can be very strong and set you back if you are recovering from withdrawal.

And I know, that Alto commented on my page, early on, that it may be the lesser evil to alcohol, when in WD.  We are so very fragile and sensitive.

And I think we are just trying to keep the main focus on tapering and WD of AD's.  Not dismissing the topic.  But keeping our(staff) focus on tapering, and WD.

Best, SouthernFreeze

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

p.s.  I liked what you had to offer above.  That was good, interesting.

Edited by manymoretodays
p.s.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Some members have used other supplements which helped for a while which then turned paradoxical on them.  It is always good to be alert to this because if you have been taking something for a while and it is working, your natural assumption is to think that it will continue to do so, which means that if things worsen for you then the supplement may be overlooked as being the culprit.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Right everyone is different you could use a supplement and get a reaction some maybe not

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

4 hours ago, SouthernFreeze said:

I don't think your bursting anybody's bubble, it's pretty well know now that there are many other ways to ingest cannabis.

Cbd for me never actually started working until I had used it over a period of time. And too be honest I think the benefits of cbd are about as proven as a lot of the supplements endorsed on here.

I'm not trying to promote it or anything, just seems like it's being pretty quickly dismissed on here because of its relation to thc. 

Gave me akathisia when I used it in withdrawal...

More then a year now...

Even CBd contains thc as it is a plant

Full spectrum especially 

There is no pure cbd...

Be mindful 

CIPRALEX 10MG(M) TAB (Escitalopram): 29/01/2014-08/05/2016
VIEPAX 37.5MG TAB (Venlafaxine): 08/05/2016-26/06/2016
PRIZMA TAB (Fluoxetine Hydrochloride): 26/06/2016-18/08/2016
ELATROL 25MG TAB (Amitriptyline Hydrochloride): 18/08/2016-05/01/2017
WELLBUTRIN XR 150MG (M) TAB (Bupropion-Wellbutrin): 05/01/2017-16/01/2017
WELLBUTRIN XR 300MG (M) TAB (Bupropion-Wellbutrin): 16/01/2017-05/2018
SERTRALINE TEVA 50MG TAB (Sertraline): 29/05/2017-
SERENADA 50 MG TAB (Sertraline): 03/07/2017-16/07/2018
ARIPLY 5MG<><>(28) TAB (Aripiprazole): 17/06/2018-24/06/2018
BRINTELLIX (M) 10MG TAB 28 (Vortioxetine): 24/06/2018-16/07/2018
CLONEX 0.5 MG TAB (Clonazepam): 29/05/2017-16/07/2018 when needed not constant

May 2018 cold turkey: SERENADA 50 MG TAB, WELLBUTRIN XR 300MG TAB, SERTRALINE TEVA 100 MG TAB. June 2018 - partial reinstatement: ARIPLY 5 MG TAB, BRINTELLIX 10 MG TAB, SERENADA 50 MG TAB. July 16 2018 - cold turkey again. October 4 2018 - reinstatement: SERTRALINE TEVA ~ 0-25 MG TAB Overall: 29/01/14 - 16/07/18 + 27 days >>>> 4 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes. 

4 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Gave me akathisia when I used it in withdrawal...

More then a year now...

Even CBd contains thc as it is a plant

Full spectrum especially 

There is no pure cbd...

Be mindful 

You have been on it for a year?

The cbd I use claims it has no thc, either way there's not enough to cause me to get stoned. I found when I dropped my dose slightly It felt with the restless legs.

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

7 hours ago, SouthernFreeze said:

You have been on it for a year?

The cbd I use claims it has no thc, either way there's not enough to cause me to get stoned. I found when I dropped my dose slightly It felt with the restless legs.

Been on it for some months, 6 or more...

Got akathisia from it, 

I've been clean for more then a year now...

The akathisia is still here

May 2018 cold turkey: SERENADA 50 MG TAB, WELLBUTRIN XR 300MG TAB, SERTRALINE TEVA 100 MG TAB. June 2018 - partial reinstatement: ARIPLY 5 MG TAB, BRINTELLIX 10 MG TAB, SERENADA 50 MG TAB. July 16 2018 - cold turkey again. October 4 2018 - reinstatement: SERTRALINE TEVA ~ 0-25 MG TAB Overall: 29/01/14 - 16/07/18 + 27 days >>>> 4 years, 6 months, 1 week, 6 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes. 

13 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Got akathisia from it, 

i wonder if that was what happend to me and i mostly thought that was symptoms from adhd 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD (cannabidiol) or Hemp oil
16 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Got akathisia from it, 

Are you it's from the cbd if you still get it a year later?

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

12 hours ago, jamest said:

i wonder if that was what happend to me and i mostly thought that was symptoms from adhd 

I didn't understand either why I felt compulsive to walk everday and couldn't sit still gradually, only when the second oil gave me full on akathisia and I quitted, it took me more then 6 months to realize I have akathisia...

Took a lot of research 

Because no one told me what akathisia was like

8 hours ago, SouthernFreeze said:

Are you it's from the cbd if you still get it a year later?

Yes

Been perfectly fine before 

Other peoples experience 

Cannabis effects on dopamine 

Painfully slow and gradual remission 

I would be careful messing around with THC smoking like 1.5 months after quitting Prozac made my PSSD a lot worse!

On and off Fluoxetine 4-5 times since 2010 - on about 6 years off 4 (15-20 mg)

Quit Fluoxetine CT 40 Mg after a week May 2020

Buspirone 10 mg one week July 2020

Mirtazapine 7.5 mg 2 days July 2020

5 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Yes

Other peoples experience 

Cannabis does affect dopamine but it doesn't decrease dopamine to cause akathisia. I might be wrong but that's what I understand.

Feb 2015 Invega 9mg tapered to zero over 6 month, Levomepromazine 25mg for 3 monthsCitalopram raised from 20mg to 80mg over 3 months, at 80mg for 1 year and 5 months, Venlaxafine raised from 150mg to 450mg over 3 months (after citalopram) maintained for 1 year and 2 months. Cold turkey off both.     Two shots of haldol decanoate. Alprazolam from 0.5 to 7(!) mg due to the immense stress of the ads. Down to 2.5mg October 2017

Occtober 2017 - Dec 2017 Moclobemide raised from 200mg to 800mg during a month and half discontinued with no tapering.

Jan 2017 Feb 2017Fluvoxamine and Venlaxafine 300mg and 450mg, abrupt start, no tapering in discontinuation. 30mg Mirtazapin at night.

Close to two months off antidepressants but on benzos. 6 months on 2.5mg alprazolam, Diazepam 5mg for 1.5 months. Currently on 600mg peronten, 400mg seroquel xr, Risperdal Consta 50mg. 

In the past 8 months dropped quitapine from 400 -> 300->200->100->75->50->25. Dropped paliperidone palmitate 100 to 75mg (two months on the lower dosage) Dropped Gabapentin 300mg->200mg->100mg->0

5 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

Yes

Other peoples experience 

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. Im pretty sure I have had akathesia myself in the past, mostly from effexor withdrawal, but at the moment cbd is working for me. It's no mirical  cure, but it calms me down a bit and helps me sleep. I can't really say that about much supplents I've tried. Obviously it's something to be cautious about.

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

I have used hemp-derived CBD post-withdrawal for acute relief of my cluster headaches.  It does help with that.  There is a subtle sense of relief from the pain and agitation of the cluster headache.

Not sure about withdrawal. Don't have experience there.

I would be very careful around THC in depression or AD withdrawal.  I've seen research indicating it can make depression worse.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

I have reported this in the forums too about cbd, it was a relief from the effexor induced headaches.

Feb 2015 Invega 9mg tapered to zero over 6 month, Levomepromazine 25mg for 3 monthsCitalopram raised from 20mg to 80mg over 3 months, at 80mg for 1 year and 5 months, Venlaxafine raised from 150mg to 450mg over 3 months (after citalopram) maintained for 1 year and 2 months. Cold turkey off both.     Two shots of haldol decanoate. Alprazolam from 0.5 to 7(!) mg due to the immense stress of the ads. Down to 2.5mg October 2017

Occtober 2017 - Dec 2017 Moclobemide raised from 200mg to 800mg during a month and half discontinued with no tapering.

Jan 2017 Feb 2017Fluvoxamine and Venlaxafine 300mg and 450mg, abrupt start, no tapering in discontinuation. 30mg Mirtazapin at night.

Close to two months off antidepressants but on benzos. 6 months on 2.5mg alprazolam, Diazepam 5mg for 1.5 months. Currently on 600mg peronten, 400mg seroquel xr, Risperdal Consta 50mg. 

In the past 8 months dropped quitapine from 400 -> 300->200->100->75->50->25. Dropped paliperidone palmitate 100 to 75mg (two months on the lower dosage) Dropped Gabapentin 300mg->200mg->100mg->0

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jay78 said:

Cannabis does affect dopamine but it doesn't decrease dopamine to cause akathisia. I might be wrong but that's what I understand.

Please let's get away from applying the "chemical imbalance" theory to everything. It's a bogus theory and a myth that serotonin does this and dopamine does that (except in Parkinson's and movement disorders). Cannabis in particular affects many different receptors and systems.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

3 hours ago, Jay78 said:

I don't know how cannabis causes akathisia, but the link is clear and many people reported the same after use in withdrawal in the akathisia group.

All I know that it affects dopamine and it's a psychoactive agent.

We don't even know how withdrawal or psych drugs work, yet alone cannabis on it's own, or how it affects a withdrawal brain.

Don't forget that affecting one neurotransmitter affects the body in a butterfly effect, like in withdrawal. 

So I'm pretty sure that we no absolutely none about withdrawal, 

And akathisia it's just an hypothesis that lack of dopamine causes akathisia, not a clear link. 

They dont know how akathisia works.

And I've been to the top psychiatrist and neurologist in my country and they told me straight:

We don't know how withdrawal works 

Or how akathisia works

The drugs that treat akathisia are basically bandages and aren't even near a cure or sufficient. 

Being an akathisia victim is even worse then withdrawal 

The studies and papers on akathisia are close to zero. 

They know about akathisia even less then they know about withdrawal. 

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please let's get away from applying the "chemical imbalance" theory to everything. It's a bogus theory and a myth that serotonin does this and dopamine does that (except in Parkinson's and movement disorders). Cannabis in particular affects many different receptors and systems.

The brain is complex.  And individual brains differ.  Those "chemical imbalance" ideas are reductive - based on primitive 20th/21st century science turned to marketing.  We will know more about all these topics in the future.  But unfortunately our pharmaceutical market is already selling chemicals that can cause difficult problems we don't quite understand.  The best we can do is try to figure things out and move forward.

1 hour ago, Asi1309 said:

I don't know how cannabis causes akathisia, but the link is clear and many people reported the same after use in withdrawal in the akathisia group.

All I know that it affects dopamine and it's a psychoactive agent.

We don't even know how withdrawal or psych drugs work, yet alone cannabis on it's own, or how it affects a withdrawal brain.

Don't forget that affecting one neurotransmitter affects the body in a butterfly effect, like in withdrawal. 

So I'm pretty sure that we no absolutely none about withdrawal, 

And akathisia it's just an hypothesis that lack of dopamine causes akathisia, not a clear link. 

They dont know how akathisia works.

And I've been to the top psychiatrist and neurologist in my country and they told me straight:

We don't know how withdrawal works 

Or how akathisia works

The drugs that treat akathisia are basically bandages and aren't even near a cure or sufficient. 

Being an akathisia victim is even worse then withdrawal 

The studies and papers on akathisia are close to zero. 

They know about akathisia even less then they know about withdrawal. 

When you discuss cannabis, I would suggest conceptualizing THC and CBD separately.  They are distinct substances in the same plant.

You have good points to make about akathisia and withdrawal.  These are bad phenomena - and widely misunderstood.  But you can heal.  What you are experiencing is just a moment in time, and the brain has a remarkable capacity to repair, regenerate, and reorganize itself.  I would humbly suggest resisting the temptation to view yourself reactively (i.e. as a "victim"), and instead suggest thinking proactively (i.e. what will you do next?). 

You can't change the past, but you can build good habits for the future.  With good habits, healing is possible - even growth through these hard times.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

11 hours ago, Asi1309 said:

I didn't understand either why I felt compulsive to walk everday and couldn't sit still gradually, only when the second oil gave me full on akathisia and I quitted, it took me more then 6 months to realize I have akathisia...

Took a lot of research 

Because no one told me what akathisia was like

ya everyone is different i cant really assume but i did smoke for 25 years. what you mentioned sounded like something i have done so i commented. i hope you can figure it out and get it taken care of

6 hours ago, CCFB said:

The brain is complex.  And individual brains differ.  Those "chemical imbalance" ideas are reductive - based on primitive 20th/21st century science turned to marketing.  We will know more about all these topics in the future.  But unfortunately our pharmaceutical market is already selling chemicals that can cause difficult problems we don't quite understand.  The best we can do is try to figure things out and move forward.

When you discuss cannabis, I would suggest conceptualizing THC and CBD separately.  They are distinct substances in the same plant.

You have good points to make about akathisia and withdrawal.  These are bad phenomena - and widely misunderstood.  But you can heal.  What you are experiencing is just a moment in time, and the brain has a remarkable capacity to repair, regenerate, and reorganize itself.  I would humbly suggest resisting the temptation to view yourself reactively (i.e. as a "victim"), and instead suggest thinking proactively (i.e. what will you do next?). 

You can't change the past, but you can build good habits for the future.  With good habits, healing is possible - even growth through these hard times.

The reason I've used the word cannabis is because I've used both a joint, medical marijuana, and full spectrum oil, and isolated oil.

Turns out that there is thc even in full spectrum and isolate CBD. (Per research)

for a normal person that's not a problem but form someone in withdrawal the brain knows.

Also in withdrawal it doesn't matter what part the plant you use - from my experience, and others around the web.

I've touched what I thought was cbd joint and oil and look at where I'm am now.

Cannabis doesn't just contain cbd, it contains like 500 components as well.

Normally I wouldn't have a problem with any part of the cannabis plant, but since me and countless others experience the same thing - akathisia - using *any* part of the cannabis plant, I feel it's important to give peoples heads up.

As to the victim part, well I am a victim and you're too, I didn't chose to be given brain damage from drugs that can take years to heal, and akathisia which is an itarogenic harm that doesn't exists in nature. Ehy should I blame myself because doctors chose money over years of warnings and repeated studies that can not be explained otherwise, and gave it to people when theydon't know how the drug works, if it affective, that it cannot be taperd safely, and that it causes brain damge and extream suffering, including akathisia, that no studies exists on its nature, and how to cure it.

It's not some top secret governmental document.

The science had been out for years, and your doctor is responsible for everything he prescribed. 

The psych drugs are on par and even worse imo then the opiates crisis.

Don't blame yourself for things done to you.

Science doesn't lie.

People do

for money.

it doesn't mean healing can't happen just that it can take years, and I don't know if you ever experienced akathisia, but let me tell you something, I've cold Turkeyd multi SSRIs after years of using, and suffering for 2.5 years now almost, 

and akathisia is the MOST tortures painful and tormenful experience I've ever had,

EVER!

Imagine having akathisia for more then a year.

The first year of cold turky was hard

But imagine not being able to stop moving 

Ever. 24/7 

Not being able to relax 

Being contanly fidgeting and stressed so much that you need to constantly have a mouthpiece in your mouth, to not brake your teeth because of the continuous non stop cleanching. 

Being so terrorized and horrified that you can't even think straight or focus.

And can't sleep because you can't he still in your bad.

I thought akathisia was just some wierd thing the unlucky ones got, or that they're overreacting. 

They were not. 

If you want to get an idea at what it's like go ahead to 'living wit akathisia' group on Facebook. 

And the cherry on the top is that there is no cure or even a grain of research on akathisia. 

And people tried everything in the group and it amounts to nothing. 

It can take years of continual suffering. 

I be honest

Cold turky withdrawal feels like a walk in the park now next to akathisia. 

• Administrator

Aside from the questionable brain damage, we've seen cannabis products and THC can have unpredictable effects on people whose nervous systems have been sensitized by psychiatric drugs mishaps.

This is one of those "try at your own risk" things. Please be aware if your experiment goes wrong, we probably can't help except to remind you to hang on while your nervous system settles down.

Because of this, we ask people not to encourage others to experiment with cannabis products, THC, adaptogenics, nootropics, and gray market drugs. Please learn from bad experiences. If you persist in making yourself worse by taking these substances or drinking alcohol, we may ask you to leave because there's nothing we can do for people who make their own problems.

If you find any of these things help, you may be lucky but it's very unlikely you've found a cure. As I said, results are unpredictable.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Shortened quote:

On 11/18/2020 at 3:56 PM, Asi1309 said:

The reason I've used the word cannabis is because I've used both a joint, medical marijuana, and full spectrum oil, and isolated oil.

Turns out that there is thc even in full spectrum and isolate CBD. (Per research)

I don’t need to imagine.  I’ve been through akathisia.  I have also had a severe grand mal seizure, and several years of cluster headaches—the latter of which has been described as the #1 most painful medical condition known to humanity.  I can tell you that in terms of severity, akathisia is right up there.  It’s similar to cluster headaches, in some ways.  The agitation is similar.  The fear is similar.  The restlessness is similar.  I’m not downplaying your experience.

I agree with what you’re saying about this public health problem.  But you have to separate that problem from your problem.  You are empowered to solve your issues.  The fact that you don’t have a solution yet doesn’t mean there is no solution out there.  

I may have something of a different perspective here because my seizure precipitated my cluster headaches, which in turn precipitated a number of invasive treatments and then ultimately the Lexapro Rx.  The Lexapro Rx and withdrawal process caused me to start aggressively researching my condition, delving into scientific papers and questioning everything my doctors were doing.  I came to my medical appointments with lists of questions to ask, and I got second opinions if their answers weren’t sufficient.  

The Lexapro withdrawal was terrible, but it was also a godsend.  It prompted me to find solutions to my problems—both to the withdrawal-related issues and to my cluster headaches, which had been chronic for several years.  It stopped me from relying on others to solve my issues for me.  So no, I am not a victim.  That stopped in 2018.  I rejected helplessness, and I found solutions on my own (with the help of doctors).  

Mindset is everything.  If you allow yourself the luxury of despair, despair is what you’ll get.  If you allow yourself to think you’re a victim of an incurable condition—well, that’s what you’re going to have.  

Adopt a growth mindset, “become [an expert] in the thing that’s threatening you,” and you can beat this.

The power of yet | Carol S Dweck | TEDxNorrköping

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”

-Winston Churchill

Edited by ChessieCat
shortened quote

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Because of this, we ask people not to encourage others to experiment with cannabis products, THC, adaptogenics, nootropics, and gray market drugs. Please learn from bad experiences. If you persist in making yourself worse by taking these substances or drinking alcohol, we may ask you to leave because there's nothing we can do for people who make their own problems.

If you find any of these things help, you may be lucky but it's very unlikely you've found a cure. As I said, results are unpredictable.

It’s generally unsafe to take any substance without talking to your doctors.  I’ve removed the “current” part of my medication signature.  I don’t want people getting the idea that they should experiment.

• Administrator

Generally, talking to your doctors about withdrawal syndrome yields no useful advice whatsoever. We urge people to use common sense.

24 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Generally, talking to your doctors about withdrawal syndrome yields no useful advice whatsoever. We urge people to use common sense.

I've had this happen too, but in my (very limited) experience, some doctors seem to be better at listening than others.  I keep thinking of Stuart Shipko or Peter Gotzsche - obviously these are some of the public ones, but my most recent MD has been open-minded to the idea of a withdrawal syndrome.  He helped me find the right kind of magnesium, omega 3, etc. (this is not an endorsement!)  Looking back, it might have been helpful to get a second opinion sooner.  Common sense is 100% a good guidepost.  

• Administrator

I should have said doctors who have any understanding of withdrawal syndrome are few and far between. I wonder where yours got the information about magnesium and omega 3.

• 6 months later...

As most people in withdrawal I have trouble sleeping. Fortunately, knock on wood, not as severe as some report here. At my very worst I did use some teas to try and help. They did okay. They were frustrating and time consuming when already late and realizing you had to get out of bed to do that process so you could go back to sleep.  I also found I was sensitive to some teas!

The product I have felt worked the best was CBD oil. I tried 3 different brands - two I felt did nothing and the third seems to work pretty well. I have no idea why one is different than the others.

I was and still am am nervous about any supplements. When my CNS became it's most sensitive I could rarely tolerate anything. Magnesium made things much worse. I actually found that my body had become too sensitive to the Vitamin D I was taking and had to taper that.

I was too scared to try fish oil or anything else. I dont believe in a magic cure for withdrawal other than going slowly and letting time pass so our body can do its thing trying to get back to "normal".

In a bit of desperation I tried CBD oil to no noticeable side effects and it helped. Because of my sensitivity, even if it wasnt addictive, I knew with my withdrawal my body could interpret any changes as a chance to feel addicted and punish me for dose changes. With that in mind I never used it more than 2 or 3 days in a row and would say I averaged using it once a week at most.

I dont want to promote it or demonize it as I think any supplement is a risk to our destabilized nervous systems. 

This was my experience, so I guess I will add it to the ether... 

40 yo Male. Started Paxil about 15 years ago. 10 mg (pill weight .125 - .129 g). 5 yrs wanted less side effects, doctor took me off Paxil over couple week period and put me on Wellbutrin. Not good. Went back on Paxil. Relieved my symptoms, but didn't work as well and more side effects. Severe reaction between Paxil and Zomig Summer of 2012. Head was affected during warmer days (cloudiness, confusion, pressure). Began 10% withdrawal 10/24/12.

Withdrawel helped many symptoms, but also added side effects: nausea, dizziness, tiredness. Hyper-anxiety started January 2014.

Went through a 2 year period of de-realization (2016-2018).  Rarely any windows.  
Current dose: 0.00 as of 4/10/21.  Made a lot of progress in my withdrawal symptoms the last 2 years of my taper.  I think doing a liquid taper helped stabilize things on the lower doses.  A lot of my symptoms have reduced significantly.  Hoping for even more improvement now that I am off.
My thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8909-rusty1-paxil-withdrawal-help-and-advice-welcome/#entry150222

Fish oil's not a cure @Rusty1.  I don't stand it well at all, and a lifelong lack of omega 3 has probably done me no favours.  Hemp protein powder though will usually lift me from a frazzled grumpy state back to a balance.  Just a nicer way to get my omega 3.  It's worth reading about essential amino acids and the like.

CBD oil I would've loved but it's 500+ a bottle here - not in reach.

I used to smoke a lot of weed, now once or twice a month is about as much as I find comfortable.  Cheers

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

5 hours ago, hayduke said:

Fish oil's not a cure @Rusty1.  I don't stand it well at all, and a lifelong lack of omega 3 has probably done me no favours.  Hemp protein powder though will usually lift me from a frazzled grumpy state back to a balance.  Just a nicer way to get my omega 3.  It's worth reading about essential amino acids and the like.

CBD oil I would've loved but it's 500+ a bottle here - not in reach.

I used to smoke a lot of weed, now once or twice a month is about as much as I find comfortable.  Cheers

I know fish oil is not a cure, but people here have reported they felt it helped ease some symptoms.

That was not my experience in withdrawal as I had zero success with any type of supplements. They all increased my symptoms for the worse. Hence why i felt for me the best cure is time and patience.

I did make a strong focus to eat as much nutrition as i could through my diet. For whatever reason if i took a supplement it would trigger symptoms. If i ate the same thing via food (spinach, fish, etc...) my body tolerated it well.

I love using hemp protein powder.

I have been using hemp protein powder along with hemp seeds in my breakfast. It does a great job at keeping me feeling full.

That is too bad CBD oil is so expensive there. You can pretty much buy whatever you want here in the US for $100 or less.

It still becomes quite expensive if you use as much as the employees in the shop recommend.

Fortunately I rarely use it and when I do I only need a few drops to help me fall asleep, so a bottle lasts me an extremely long time.

40 yo Male. Started Paxil about 15 years ago. 10 mg (pill weight .125 - .129 g). 5 yrs wanted less side effects, doctor took me off Paxil over couple week period and put me on Wellbutrin. Not good. Went back on Paxil. Relieved my symptoms, but didn't work as well and more side effects. Severe reaction between Paxil and Zomig Summer of 2012. Head was affected during warmer days (cloudiness, confusion, pressure). Began 10% withdrawal 10/24/12.

Withdrawel helped many symptoms, but also added side effects: nausea, dizziness, tiredness. Hyper-anxiety started January 2014.

Went through a 2 year period of de-realization (2016-2018).  Rarely any windows.  
Current dose: 0.00 as of 4/10/21.  Made a lot of progress in my withdrawal symptoms the last 2 years of my taper.  I think doing a liquid taper helped stabilize things on the lower doses.  A lot of my symptoms have reduced significantly.  Hoping for even more improvement now that I am off.
My thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8909-rusty1-paxil-withdrawal-help-and-advice-welcome/#entry150222

• 1 month later...

Did anyone have any negative reactions to cannabis with THC? How long did it take for the effects to go away?

My current experience: (3 years since my last AD, 9 months since feeling about 95% healed) I felt fine smoking it for 4 out of 5 days (1 day inbetween) except some anxiety and "weed hangovers" afterwards. But 3 days later I smoked some again and since that day, this entire month has just consisted of slowly getting my old AD withdrawals back, I'm terrified that it's going to continue getting worse and set me back another year or so.

(Also, in conclusion, I would definitely not recommend smoking it so much within just a week).

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

7.12.16: Took Amitriptyline 10mg for just 2 days then stopped cold turkey.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

1.9.20: 99% healed ❤️

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

7.22: Steadily recovering again ❤

2.23: Acute withdrawals coming back, no apparent reason.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rbvdk yeah you have to consider that you're still dealing with a sensitised nervous system to some extent.

I've never been that big on the high THC strains either.

Lately I've found I can tolerate a pin joint once or twice a month but I pay for a day or three if I have more than that, or more often.

Haven't had any at all lately, or grog...and not minding it!  Not that weed doesn't have its uses, and I do love it, but since my baseline doesn't seem to include anxiety these days (yay therapy) I don't have that urge to self-medicate with them now.

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy