Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD / cannabidiol or Hemp oil

Jonathan

Yes I’m paying attention to how substances are affecting me. I’m settling on my current dose of 10mg Paxil and having less anxiety. I’ve increased my magnesium and salmon oil. Cbd really helps and I take that daily. I’ll be dropping again in less than a week. Barb 

1994 began Paxil 20. Jan2018-began taper @ 2.5 mg every 6 wks. 10mg Paxil on May 12/2018

May 2019 - 9.75 mg Paxil; July 12/19 9.5 mg

July 20/19 -9.75 mg

Aug  12/19 10 mg Paxil 10 mg Prozac, “Prozac bridge” ;Vit D 1000iu 6 per day, magnesium bis-glycinate 200mgx3, Omega 3 600mg x3, gaba 600mgx2, Inositol powder

Meditation, tapping, breathing and grounding, yoga, art, counselling 

Aug 21 dropped Prozac; increase Paxil to 15mg

March 8/2021. Reinstated to 20 mg Paxil

July 2021 added .75 mg Wellbutrin

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

August 22  2018:  Mod. note  Sorry for any inconvenience to contributors to the previous edition of this topic.  Hoping to restore it soon.  I attempted to merge a newer topic to this one and ran into a computer glitch.

Discussions around this topic go here.  B)

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, increased font size to 16, grammar

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's one view on the topic from esteemed moderator brassmonkey:

With CBD becoming such a popular topic here I've started doing some research on it.  There is a huge amount of conflicting information out there on the subject and because it's today's "wonder drug" it's hard to find anything that is objective. What I have found though boils down to the fact that CBD is just another in a long line of natural SSRI/SDRI supplements. In many ways similar to SAMe, 5HTP and SJW but with some additional areas of effect that make it stronger acting. For a healthy person CBD, like the others, could be of some short term use.  But because of the way it alters serotonin and dopamine production prolonged use will probably lead to the same WD problems that we are familiar with.  I find the claims that there "are no side effects" to be very understated, misleading and as usually overly expressed by the people selling the products.  There actually are studies showing the benefits of CBD, but they were preformed on  small samples and in many cases were looking specifically for a certain positive effect.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

And a bit more from another esteemed moderator Skeeter,

I do not  personally yet suggest CBD for WD, as I have no experience with it in that capacity, but I think it is worth a try!  I do personally suggest it for neuropathy, pain does not wake me nearly as much, and I can wear sleeves for short periods, something that usually causes much pain, plus I can handle a breeze on my arms, first time in at least a decade.  I know it is the CBD, as I have stopped taking several times, and every time, the hypersensitivity, and awful sleep return to haunt me. I do not know if it would be good for WD.  It really has not had bad side effects to me, but when the brain and body are in an uproar, I do not know if it would be good or bad. 

I did 6 months total of research on CBD before deciding how to take it or how much. I do not believe in taking  CBD from the hemp plant, as it is the same price for hemp vs sativa (have not found any indica made into CBD) harvested early, to be legal with less than .03% THC. 

Hemp in the US is a legal term, any cannabis plant with .03% or less of THC is called "hemp"- cannot say you did not learn something today!

Good luck!

Skeeter

Edited by Skeeter
space and comma by MMT, update info by Skeeter

• 3 weeks later...

In moderation, I've found it to be extremely useful for a lot of different things, especially racing "what if" thoughts and depression as well as pain. There's so many different strains, they all work slightly different. 

Prozac (2007-2008), Zoloft (2009-2017) Paxil (2017-2018), Celexa (2018), Luvox (2018-Current) Average 50-200. Nothing as of January 2019

Lorazepam 2007-Current 2MG 3 times a day

I’m taking cbd daily ...no psychoactive impact at all. Is that what you’re talking about??

1994 began Paxil 20. Jan2018-began taper @ 2.5 mg every 6 wks. 10mg Paxil on May 12/2018

May 2019 - 9.75 mg Paxil; July 12/19 9.5 mg

July 20/19 -9.75 mg

Aug  12/19 10 mg Paxil 10 mg Prozac, “Prozac bridge” ;Vit D 1000iu 6 per day, magnesium bis-glycinate 200mgx3, Omega 3 600mg x3, gaba 600mgx2, Inositol powder

Meditation, tapping, breathing and grounding, yoga, art, counselling 

Aug 21 dropped Prozac; increase Paxil to 15mg

March 8/2021. Reinstated to 20 mg Paxil

July 2021 added .75 mg Wellbutrin

21 minutes ago, Blandell said:

I’m taking cbd daily ...no psychoactive impact at all. Is that what you’re talking about??

I think they're referring more to the actual thing. I've found the actual thing to be a quick fix at my lowest points. Not something I'd do everyday, but if I need a vacation for a few hours or a day, the actual thing (the one you smoke) has been very helpful for me over the years. But again, only in moderation. It's not something I'd do everyday unless I was in an area where it was 100% tolerated, and even there I wouldn't do it every day. Almost always special occasions. It shouldn't even be compared to alcohol. It's more of a relaxation thing and in some cases a pain relief thing. It's different for different people, so it's not something I believe to be for everybody in every situation.  

CBD is different. It's legal enough that I can walk into a grocery store or health food location and buy it regardless of where you are. There's no psychoactive effects at all. The relief is subtle. I've been using that mostly because of it's legality and ease of access.  Like marijuana, there are different strains of it, some have higher content. A bottle of the oil with 1mg per dose will not be as effective as a bottle of gel caps with 5mg, or higher. And yes, it is expensive. 

Prozac (2007-2008), Zoloft (2009-2017) Paxil (2017-2018), Celexa (2018), Luvox (2018-Current) Average 50-200. Nothing as of January 2019

Lorazepam 2007-Current 2MG 3 times a day

• Moderator Emeritus

Jeremy1069 and Blandell,

I just moved your posts and the entire topic, out of "off topic" to this topic in symptoms and self care. 

I'm still working on reconstructing some more of this topic, after a computer glitch I made(see my first post on Aug 22).

Edited by manymoretodays

Anyone on here currently using this?  I am wondering how it works for anxiety. I have read that there is no “high”. I figure I might try it....but looking for any other member experiences.   I know that the last time I smoked marijuana was very calming, I wasn’t “high”, my mind was just only thinking about one thing at a time.  But I’m not really interested in the high feeling.  From what I read the CBD doesn’t interact the same as actual THC. 

Thoughts and comments appreciated. 

Zoloft- 2010-2014 Lexa Aug 2015 Oct2017 Zoloft 50mg. Dec 17-May18

Cital 10mg May-18 to July 16 18

9.0 cital to 6.5mg,  July 30 18

7.0 mg cital liquid - until 11/23/18 /5.0 mg cital liquid - 7-13-19 4.6mg cital liquid - 7-14-19 - 8-13-19/4.2mg cital liquid - 8-14-19 - 9-13-19/4.0 mg cital liquid - 9-14-19- 11-20-19 -3.8mg-11/19-1-20. 3.7mg 6-20 3.2mg currently at 3.0mg cital liquid. 
2/20 added sodium alginate for gerd - caused updose. 

pantoprazole added 6/20. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's the initial video that started this thread back in 2011.

It was posted by Shanti. 

This is the second edition(I could not find the first), it was made in 2014.  It may help answer some questions.

I'll get some of the earlier comments moved over ASAP.

It's about an hour long and I'm just listening now.

Keep in mind that....... it's a bit "sensational", mainly addressing the subject's personal experience with marijuana/hemp and his cancer diagnoses.  A bit of science is in there though.

Ladies and gentlemen:

Run from the Cure:

Edited by manymoretodays
review after watching

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, Windsor77 said:

Anyone on here currently using this?  I am wondering how it works for anxiety. I have read that there is no “high”. I figure I might try it....but looking for any other member experiences.   I know that the last time I smoked marijuana was very calming, I wasn’t “high”, my mind was just only thinking about one thing at a time.  But I’m not really interested in the high feeling.  From what I read the CBD doesn’t interact the same as actual THC. 

Thoughts and comments appreciated. 

Hi Windsor. 

Using what?  What are you investigating?

I think most of the CBD oil in the U.S. doesn't contain much active THC.  A little more about the term "Hemp oil" in Skeeter's, partial quote below.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:31 PM, manymoretodays said:

I did 6 months total of research on CBD before deciding how to take it or how much. I do not believe in taking  CBD from the hemp plant, as it is the same price for hemp vs sativa (have not found any indica made into CBD) harvested early, to be legal with less than .03% THC. 

Hemp in the US is a legal term, any cannabis plant with .03% or less of THC is called "hemp"- cannot say you did not learn something today!

I just know that you need to research carefully before purchasing any oil labeled CBD or Hemp.  So you don't invest in something that may be worthless.   Or worse, effects your W/D negatively.  

You might find some more comments in this thread, as is.......now.  And I'll get a bit more of the old threads contents back in here in the next day or so.

I hope that helps a bit.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
clarity, elaboration

• manymoretodays changed the title to Cannabis, marijuana, THC, and CBD or Hemp oil
  • Moderator Emeritus

Comments on the video in previous post

alexjuice,  Posted November 3,  2011

U.S.

I don't know. I haven't taken the time to watch the whole thing, but I'm generally skeptical of miracle cures.

I wouldn't be willing to experiment with it personally.

Altostrata, Posted November 3, 2011

U.S.

I'm also skeptical. A cure for skin cancer? I think not.

On the other hand, some folks say they get symptom relief from medical marijuana. I'd go in that direction first.

Temperance

LocationNorthern England

Posted November 3, 2011

I've also seen Run From the Cure about Rick Simpsons Hemp Oil. I've tried Hemp in other forms, ingested in controlled doses and it's been by far the best anti-anxiety, sleep aid, appetite aid, anti-depressant I've ever tried. I believe Rick Simpson about the Hemp Oil. It's mighty powerful stuff and studies have found it to kill Cancer cells.

If you can get it on prescription, perhaps you could try ingesting it in another form like a tincture if you're ok to take alcohol. all I know is, Medical Marijana was the best remedy I've ever tried and out-classed 10 different pharmaceuticals which actuallly neally killed me. If I could get it legally here in the UK, I would be on it right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanti

U.S.

Posted November 3, 2011

My ex-husband keeps trying to give me some, telling me to smoke it and I won't need all this medication. I never liked the way smoking it made me feel. That's why I was wondering if the oil or tincture might be different. Help me but not get me all high. Thank you all for your input. I might try making a tincture like you said and see how it works. If it does, then I'll get a rx for it.

Baxter

U.S.

Posted November 4, 2011

Smoking ANYTHING is not good for your lungs. At all.

Shanti

Posted November 4, 2011

So true Baxter! That's why I was interested in the Hemp Oil. I'm gonna write something about smoking in the Homeopathy thread.

Edited by manymoretodays
none, added more comments, line, updated link

• Moderator Emeritus

( moderator note: more retrieved posts from original page 1 of this topic )

Altostrata

U.S.

Posted November 4, 2011

THC is very potent, much more so than the herb itself. Also, it has a very long half-life. So watch out!

I have to admit, I tried a bit of medical marijuana a couple of months ago and found it way too strong for me. My reaction was not pleasant at all. When my nervous system was stable, I used to enjoy herb now and then, years ago, but this time it really scrambled my hypersensitive nervous system for a couple of days.

Hemp oil doesn't have any measurable THC in it or sale would be restricted.

Shanti

U.S.

Posted November 4, 2011

On 11/4/2011 at 12:04 PM, 'Altostrata' said:

THC is very potent, much more so than the herb itself. Also, it has a very long half-life. So watch out!

I have to admit, I tried a bit of medical marijuana a couple of months ago and found it way too strong for me. My reaction was not pleasant at all. When my nervous system was stable, I used to enjoy herb now and then, years ago, but this time it really scrambled my hypersensitive nervous system for a couple of days.

Hemp oil doesn't have any measurable THC in it or sale would be restricted.

So, if I end up reacting badly to it, I'd be stuck with it for a while. Doesn't it take like a month to get out of your system? I don't think I'll be trying this.

Altostrata

U.S.

Posted November 5, 2011

It'll show up in urine drug tests for weeks

essamalbalaa

malaysia, johor

Posted November 6, 2011

im very interested in trying this oil

the way he makes it is very different from the traditional way of cold pressing the seeds

i know that its impossible to get this any where in south east Asia,but i'm taking my family to discover some of India this coming Dec. and hope i can find it there

if anyone lives in India or knows where and how to get it...then please PM or email me

Shanti

U.S.

Posted January 24, 2012

Okay, I had to dig this up. I decided to try it to replace the Vicodin for pain. I used it for 2 days and only a small amount so I wouldn't get high or anything. I knew to let it build up slow, titrate I guess. Anyway, this is not good!!! I started getting the brain zaps and jerks from it, just like when I was tapering off Paxil. It set me back. I had no idea it would do this, but that's what it did.

However, I plan to use it in the future when I'm fully recovered from Paxil and all this to manage pain. But for now, no good for me! I pray that the brain zaps are gone tonight. I did take two naps today with no brain zaps, so maybe it is over since I stopped using the Cannabis yesterday.

Edited by manymoretodays
mod note, spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

(continued from above)

Altostrata

January 25, 2012

Yes, when I tried a tiny, tiny bit, I got very disoriented with autonomic dumping.

Clearly, it has a strong effect on the nervous system. It's unpredictable so be very careful with it.

Nadia

Somewhere

Posted January 26, 2012

There are some studies correlating high doses of cannabinoids to nerve cell regeneration, but I think it's too risky.

I used to smoke some when I was younger, and I have smoked about three times since being in withdrawal, once before I even knew what was going on with me (with a vaporizer, which gives a much lighter experience)... I felt immediately MUCH better in terms of mood and desire, but it didn't last beyond the moment. Then two other times a really, really small amount. Once was when I was doing really well and no longer so afraid of every little thing I put into my body. It was a tiny amount and I didn't feel much of anything. It didn't seem to have a good or bad long term effect. The last time was a tiny bit to see if it would help me when I was really depressed and feeling complete anhedonia. It was such a tiny bit I hardly felt the effect, but it did raise my mood considerably and seemed to have a good long term effect (it might have partially contributed to my current upswing).

Still, I would not recommend it. I think it can have a destabilizing effect and I'm too skeptical to experiment further. Basically anything right now for us is playing Russian roulette. And some of us on here may have issues with drug addictions or drug sensitivities, so it would be foolish to play around with ANY psychoactive substance. Even people on pro-marihuana forums caution people who ask about using marihuana for AD withdrawal against it, at least until their nervous systems have healed.

That said, one thing I WOULD be willing to try, if I could, is eating marihuana plant leaves, which apparently can have really good health effects and does not get you high. You juice the leaves and drink that every day. Watch the video at the bottom of this page:

(moderator note, the video referred to ^ is missing)

Shanti

Posted January 28, 2012

Great link Nadia. I'm reading the site and watching some of the vids. I didn't think of the leaf as being so nutritionally healthy like that. Rich is Omegas too.

Temperance

Northern England

Posted February 6, 2012

On 11/3/2011 at 4:50 PM, 'Shanti' said:

My ex-husband keeps trying to give me some, telling me to smoke it and I won't need all this medication. I never liked the way smoking it made me feel. That's why I was wondering if the oil or tincture might be different. Help me but not get me all high. Thank you all for your input. I might try making a tincture like you said and see how it works. If it does, then I'll get a rx for it.

Better get pro advice from a Medical MJ Clinic, it worked for me but might not work for you. See what they say at a clinic first, but as has been mentioned, it's a powerful remedy and might aggravate your symptoms. Please proceed with great caution and know the subject thoroughly before you experiment on yourself. I was an experienced user and managed with a daily dose of 200mg ingested, but that was weak stuff so as I said, please get pro advice and never take risks with your well-being.

Edited by manymoretodays
mod note, spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

mod note:  continued page 1 from original topic

Shanti

Posted February 6, 2012

That's what I did Temperance. I received much better guidance and tried it again. This time no brain zaps. I was OD'ing the first time around. I'm doing fine on it now. I don't know it helps with WD, as that's not what I'm taking it for. I just want it for pain and anxiety mostly. Since I haven't been having WD symptoms since the Prozac switch I did two months ago, I can't say whether Cannabis is helpful or not to WD syndrome.

BentBuddha

South Australia

Posted December 4, 2012

Juicing cannabis and consuming it raw, avoids the psychoactive effects as it's only when it is dried or heated that THCa becomes THC. The healing cannabanoid is actually the CBD's.

I just put some clones into pots and I'm growing some plants to juice. I spent a few years growing cannabis until my ex called the police about my little garden after we had an alcohol fueled argument. I've been wanting to juice cannabis since the start of this year but the property I'm renting wasn't suitable (it's very much illegal in my country). I'm moving this week into a great property which is perfect so once again I'll be a guinea pig and see what happens.

I only have a strain that ppl grow for yeild and it's psychoactive effects but if initial results are even slightly positive I will order a strain online with the highest CBD content that I can find.

alexjuice

Posted December 4, 2012

I used to smoke years ago and quit about the time I started SSRIs due to pot provoking anxiety attacks.

I don't think it's an optimal choice for symptom alleviation. Also, after having been jailed for 16 hours last Christmas due to a mix up I am more mindful of abiding the laws since I have a medical problem that medicine does not recognize but requires regular-scheduled dosing. And my symptoms will not be respected in a place like jail.

You may think, what are the chances I get thrown in jail? Well, I was just driving down the street and ended up there, no marijuana or crimes at all. It doesn't matter that the case was dismissed in less than two weeks.

At least, it didn't matter to me during those 16 hrs of standing on my feet in a concrete room full of passed out drunks and ne'erdoewells, floor wet with the various human excretions while I went through intense interdose benzo w/d that the medic refused to take seriously, just as in the case of every other "druggie" in county.

Anyway, good luck whatever you choose.

Alex

flong

toronto

Posted December 5, 2012

I'll have to add to this post tomorrow when im not posting from my phone. But i am one of those people who used to smoke pot occasionally with no issues. Then something unexplained happened which made smoking pot like being in hell. Ill get into more detail later...but basically now, it is probably the most mentally unhealthy thing i could do, and would send me backwards for weeks if i did it now.

I know there are benefits for some people. But unfortunately not everybody can have those benefits.

Edited by manymoretodays
mod note, spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

Altostrata

Posted December 6, 2012

Please let us know what you find, BentBuddha. You're always at least on the cutting edge -- occasionally over it! :P

Narcissus

New Orleans, LA

Posted December 8, 2012

I tried smoking marijuana to relieve withdrawal symptoms about a month ago. My reaction was like the reaction I've been having to alcohol, a sort of aggravated empty feeling in my brain/head. I compensated for this feeling by smoking more pot which seemed to then put me further in the hole. It took about a week to recover from a day and a half of using the marijuana. So, in the end my symptoms were not relieved but exacerbated, and my fantasies of laying around smoking pot all day and 'recovering' were dashed to bits :lol: . Oh well.

I don't know if it would've been different had I just taken THC. It's certainly possible.

Altostrata

Posted December 8, 2012

This THC oil has the reputation of being milder but....I dunno.

I've had no success with medical marijuana. My acupuncturist thought it would help, but all it did was scramble me up worse for a few days.

Narcissus

Posted December 8, 2012

Yeah, same here. Now I have this medical marijuana card and absolutely no use for it.

Shanti

Posted December 8, 2012

People that have any psychosis like schizophrenia or psychotic depression should beware of Marijuana. For most it does amplify psychosis if it's already present. I can only use the oil or tincture, or eat it raw. Then it doesn't have the mind tripping effects. It doesn't help me enough though to use it, and my card runs out soon. I'm not going to renew the script. There is also something else that I'm wondering about. Doesn't it seem that the neuro emotions are a kind of med induced psychosis? If so, then Marijuana might just aggravate it.

Altostrata

Posted December 8, 2012

I agree. There was a period about 20 years ago when smoking weed made me paranoid, so I stopped it. This seemed to happen to a lot of baby boomers. My guess is it was slowed metabolism due to aging.

Edited by manymoretodays
added another post, spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

Sparrow

Florida, U.S.

Posted December 8, 2012

I have found cannabis to be helpful for my tremors/twitching, akathisia, and for sleep.

However, unless one has prior experience with it and is familiar and comfortable with its effects, I would not encourage anyone in withdrawal to try it for the first time. "Set and setting" comes into play big-time.

Sparrow

Narcissus

Posted December 13, 2012

refers to now obsolete page from  https://www.marijuana.com/threads/can-smoking-ease-my-withdrawal.162236/

The general consensus here seems to be that marijuana often makes withdrawal worse, and this is coming from marijuana enthusiasts without any pre-existing bias against pot. Seems like a bad combination, unfortunately.

Altostrata

Posted December 14, 2012

Interesting that antidepressant withdrawal is being discussed everywhere!

Nacissus

Posted December 16, 2012

It's a bit of an epidemic I think. Just a quiet one.

flower

Pa, U.S.

Posted December 16, 2012

I never thought I'd see folks chatting about pot..Here in Pa you go to prison for smoking pot..It's a shame actually. Before the ADs I smoked for years. Now I have panic if I indulge. I'd go back if I could. It's great to find this read.

alexjuice

Posted December 16, 2012

On 12/16/2012 at 6:34 AM, 'flower' said:

I never thought I'd see folks chatting about pot..Here in Pa you go to prison for smoking pot..It's a shame actually. Before the ADs I smoked for years. Now I have panic if I indulge. I'd go back if I could. It's great to find this read.

Same thing happened to me. I smoked pot at the end of high school and first year of college. Once I started on SSRI, pot triggered horrible panic and paranoia so I quit. I developed a substance abuse problem but never cared again for marijuana.

alexjuice

Posted October 3, 2013

I'd not go back though, but to each his own.

Altostrata
Posted October 4, 2013
Marijuana adds more confusion (literally and figuratively) to the neurological situation. It also has a very long half life. If you have a bad reaction, it could go on for a day or so.

Rhiannon

Pacific Northwest, U.S.

Posted October 4, 2013

I've seen this subject discussed a lot on forums and there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Some people have said it has helped them. Other people have said it made them worse.

Since it's illegal in most states in the US as well as in many other countries, and enforcement is so variable from one part of the country to the next, you have to decide for yourself if that's even something you want to consider attempting. 

I have lived for most of my adult life in places that have legal medical marijuana and lax enforcement of recreational use, and I tend to agree with that approach, so I'm not trying to deny that it's a part of life for many people and that many people find it beneficial in their lives. I'm just saying, it's not really something a forum like this is going to recommend, not just because we don't really know if it will hurt or help, but because we're hardly going to suggest people do something that could get them thrown in jail.

(mod note:  end of page 1, original topic)

Edited by manymoretodays
mod note, spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

Mod note:  previous page 9 of this topic-reconstructed

Raye

Seattle, U.S.

Posted March 3 2018

On 3/2/2018 at 10:52 PM, LinLina said:

antidepressants are metabolized by the same enzymes 

Dose this apply to THC to? I guess it would not be a good idea to smoke then at all if it raises levels in the blood, would you agree?

Yea the only things i find on the web is “maybe it raises the antidepressant level” or “minor side effects"

it makes me sad about the weed, to be honest, because it used to really helped me feel calm : P

LinLina

Germany

Posted March 3, 2018

I don't know about the thc, but it's not advisable to consume weed with high thc and very low cbd for calming down, as it is likely to trigger anxiety and other symptoms. CBD is the component that's responsible for the calming effect, alone or in combination with thc. I agree it would be better to stay away from cannabis at least until you got the drug out of the system. It is very likely that taking CBD and fluvoxamine together are going to raise blood levels significantly, they are both inhibitors of the degrading enzymes. Did you smoke weed while you were on fluvoxamine before? I mean, it is your decision and I would decide carefully.

The problem is, besides the possibility of adverse effects when taking the two together, you are going to counteract your taper, because reducing the dose while increasing bloodlevels by smoking weed possibly won't help your body to adjust to a lower amount of the drug.

Raye

March 5, 2018

I used to smoke on fluvoxamine but stopped when I found out it isn’t good for taper. I didn’t experience many bad effects then because I used to be on a high dose of fluvoxamine so I don’t think I felt the difference when it increased. There were a few times I greened out however (on not a super high dose of weed either)  and I think looking back this was because the fluvaomine in me caused the weed to increase  and have a really strong effect. That was a terrible experience, took about 5 hours to come down at all.  I plan on not smoking at all as I’m coming off the antidepressant.

Its legal where I live and a store in about every city, but its expensive, so good to save money. 

I would definitely agree tho, that if tapering from any drug, its probably best to not add another into the mix, unless you know you can. 

Athena

Canada

Posted March 17, 2018

Bromor, Ang, Indigo, Apace41 and others... How are you guys with your experiments with CBD? Would you recommend it for a severe insomnia that is lasting 8months on a very tired and desperate lady? Thank you so much

apace41

Washington, DC

March 17

Hi, Athena.  CBD has been beneficial for some and not so much for others.  With products not containing THC I have not heard many (if any) "horror stories" where people see a major worsening that doesn't correct promptly if they stop the CBD.  The trade-off for what seems to be a relatively small risk is that there have been several members who have gained a lot of benefit with sleep and anxiety.

Nobody can tell you what to try but I think CBD is at least a reasonable option to try at a very low level to see if it might provide some relief.  Again, with NO THC in the mix (or at least below the levels that require a prescription).

Best,

Andy

Athena

March 18

Thank you so much for this nice summary on CBD Andy, it helps me a lot. I might give it a try, but there is also milk peptides I haven't tried and might try first. But here is what I would order if I try the CBD, available in Canada:  https://www.cannabiscare.ca/collections/concentrates/cbd-concentrates/

I think I would try the BRONZE one (500mg) because the only one that is less concentrate is not strong enough for insomnia according to them. And I would try with ONE DROP first. They say there is less than 0.3% THC so that should be ok I think.

I will let you guys know if I try it.

SquirrelyGirl

near Fresno, CA

Posted March 24. 2018

I updated my Intro about this but wanted to add here, if you are still taking meds, do NOT take CBD oil!

I think I triggered a mild, though terrifying, case of serotonin syndrome!  I started taking 5 mg of CBD oil to help with sleep without doing my research first.  For a few nights things went well and I did sleep better.  But then I began to feel low.  This was on the tail end of the flu, as well.  Monday I was feeling low.  Tuesday I had to go to a memorial, and I didn't want to go, went anyway, found myself feeling more glum.  Wednesday, I was really in the dumps and feeling very lonely and ruminative.  Thursday was worse, with sleep degrading again.  I couldn't find any way to distract myself that felt good, and was revisiting all the negatives in my life, obsessing on my lack of friends, my introversion, the future, all the  things I can't get done around here,  feeling totally overwhelmed.  Friday was the same, fully depressed and fearing my future.  Getting through the day alone was torture. Last night I woke early and no amount of tapping could get me back to sleep, and every worry came to the fore.  When I got up, I was starving, yet when my husband made me breakfast, I could barely eat it.  Mildly nauseous afterwards.  Blood pressure is up a little.  I wish I'd thought to take it a day or two ago but wasn't aware of what was happening.  It did occur to me that the CBD oil was doing this so stopped it a couple of nights ago, but strange that things kept building.   I'm on 6 mg venlafaxine and 2.9 mg mirtazapine, so maybe it took a few days for the full blocking of the p450 enzymes since I was only taking 5 or so mg, and then additional time for the venlafaxine to build up to cause the SS.  I am hoping this is the explanation and that levels are now dropping off as the p450 system gets unblocked and the venlafaxine can clear.

This has been hell.  I am hoping this is the explanation and not that I have fallen into instability due to tapering, because if that's the case, I just don't know...the thoughts that go with this are pretty scary!  But it really does remind me of my SS episode in 2015.

SG

Edited by manymoretodays
lower case, space

• Moderator Emeritus

Mod note: pg. 9 continued

ChessieCat

Sydney, Australia

Posted:  March 25, 2018

On 3/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, SquirrellyGirl said:

I'm on 6 mg venlafaxine and 2.9 mg mirtazapine, so maybe it took a few days for the full blocking of the p450 enzymes since I was only taking 5 or so mg, and then additional time for the venlafaxine to build up to cause the SS.

I did a search cbd oil and serotonin syndrome and found this from:  http://naturesantidepressant.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/cbd-cannabidiol-oil-natural-antidepressant.html

(Cannabidiol) Oil - CBD (Cannabidiol) A Natural Antidepressant

apace41

March 25

On 3/24/2018 at 8:13 PM, ChessieCat said:

Sep 22, 2016 - Although the syndrome is not common, it should be noted that one of the ways that CBDis thought to work for depression is by increasing the production of serotonin. As SSRI's also increase serotonin production, SSRI users should under no circumstances start taking CBD oil at the same time as their SSRI.

Interesting, CC.  Thanks for the find.  I would think that this caution would not ordinarily be applicable in the case where one has tapered their SSRI as far down as SG has.  The notion that adding a small amount of CBD oil to a substantially reduced amount of antidepressant would throw someone into serotonin syndrome would seem to be a very unusual situation.

I understand where this author's caution comes from but I have a hard time seeing this as a substantial risk in the ordinary case.

Best,

Andy

ChessieCat

March 25

On 3/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, SquirrellyGirl said:

I'm on 6 mg venlafaxine and 2.9 mg mirtazapine

It may be because she is still taking both ven and mirt

apace41

March 25

On 3/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, ChessieCat said:

It may be because she is still taking both ven and mirt

Agreed, but she has a clear sensitivity on top of that since she went into SS before.  I would not think that in the absence of an extremely slow clearance of meds such low levels of ven and mirt would result in SS by adding a small amount of CBD.

SquirrelyGirl

Posted:  April 2, 2018

I've tried to research this and most of what I read said that taking low doses of CBD shouldn't be a problem.  Maybe it has to do with some of my SNPs, slow metabolizer or such.  It's complicated but clearly I'm sensitive!  I snapped out of the nastiness after about a week, which is how long it takes for CBD to clear!  I am a slow metabolizer for CYP 2D6 which clears both ven and mirt, and it is possible that my serotonin levels are higher than one would think at such low doses because of that.  Then, add blocking with CBD and bingo?

I'm an anomaly!  When I came off ven too fast, I didn't have brain zaps or any other WD symptoms up front that lead people to realize they forgot their meds or came off too fast, maybe because of that SNP.  It took a long time for things to build to that insanity.  I'll have to research how the serotonergic supplements I was taking interact with CYP enzymes but I had SS because I quit those one day and took a crumb of ven the next...Lots of stuff to mull over!

SG

bluepm

U.S.

Posted: April 17, 2018

See www.therock.us  about CBD  oil  the offer advise  and  offer good suppliers  (three suppliers)  so you  don't purchase junk.  They have  scientific  papers information about CBD   and  their collecting information from their current users .    CDB has only been on the market for 4 years  theirs hardly any negative information  WWW. but tons negative  information about AD.

I  am not a doctor i can't give medical advise !

emergingfromhell

losangeles

April 18

I found that Care By Design 8:1 vape (mostly CBD so non-psychoactive) has helped w my WD anxiety and nausea! 

(mod note:  to be continued........)

Edited by manymoretodays
spacing

• Moderator Emeritus

dj210

manchester

Posted: May 9, 2018

CBD oil is helping me with my insomnia, I first tried it in the early months of withdrawal but I took too much and it gave me a huge panic attack and took me weeks to recover from, I have started using it again a few weeks ago and started with just 1 drop a day and worked my way up, I was advised to try a few different brands and types to see which one helps with sleep so ive tried probably 6 different types and now settled on the one which helps the most, I take 5 drops around 8pm and sleep for 9pm, and if i wake up in the early hours I take a few more drops and it usually gets me back to sleep, last night I woke at 2.30am took a few drops and was back asleep within a hour, ended up getting over 8 hours of sleep, from what I have learnt it is best finding CBD oil made from a indica strand of cannabis,  this is the one most people say helps them relax and sleep and also its best to find one which is full spectrum, that mean that is contains all the other cannabinoids and not just CBD on its own , I am using the one shown in the link below, within 30 minutes of using this my eyes get heavy and start to get sleepy, but again every one is different so one that works for one person might not work for another:

https://cbdbrothers.com/product/purple-edition-cbd-oil/

Sadboy

Netherlands

June 1

Hey everyone, 

I am in zoloft withdrawal. I did a 15 day taper of off 75mg zoloft which i had been using for 4 months. I am now 2 months in of using 0 and i have it though. One of my worst problems was the sleep i didn't get. I woke up at 3 in the night and couldn't sleep anymore. What has really worked for me and i wanted to give u guys as a tip is cbd oil. This doesnt contain thc and really works for sleep. It doesnt make you dependant or groggy like benzos or xanax. I think its the most natural way of regulating your sleep in an effective way in withdrawal. You also dont get dependant on the stuff, i dont crave it. Do you guys have experience with it or want to use it? Greets

Daisy

Southern California

June 1

I Have tried hemp oil supplement by Restorative Botanicals but did not notice any difference in my sleep or change in anxiety level. Is it the same as cbd oil?

Here is a link to the product not to advocate buying it but just to find out if it is the same as cbd oil

https://restorativebotanicals.com/product/restore-calm-flavored-hemp-oil-extract/

Daisy

Altostrata

June 1

A friend who I trust has been finding CBD oil to be effective for her herniated disks, which are causing crippling back pain.

This being California, where CBD oil is legal, she goes to a dispensary to get a special mix. For back pain, they recommend a tiny bit of THC added to the CBD oil. She says it does work better than CBD oil alone. She says this has also been good for sleep.

I don't know anything about this personally.

• Moderator Emeritus

Frontman82

Bounemouth, UK

June 2, 2018

I NEED HELP AND ADICE! I think I've had a bad reaction to CBD oil, I'm having a full blown panic attack as I type this. I've been taking it for 6 days now. One drop every morning. Yesterday evening I felt a little odd, angry and agitated. This morning I awoke to a strong feeling of panic which went into full blown panic attack mode. I beleive it's deff the CBD oil because apart from GAD I've never had a panic attack in years. I'm not on an SSRI, I hope it's not mild serotonin syndrom. I'm really freaking out! I wonder if I should go to hospital. Not sure they can do anything. Not felt ill like this in a while. 

dj2010

June 2

On 6/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, Fontman82 said:

I NEED HELP AND ADICE! I think I've had a bad reaction to CBD oil, I'm having a full blown panic attack as I type this. I've been taking it for 6 days now. One drop every morning. Yesterday evening I felt a little odd, angry and agitated. This morning I awoke to a strong feeling of panic which went into full blown panic attack mode. I beleive it's deff the CBD oil because apart from GAD I've never had a panic attack in years. I'm not on an SSRI, I hope it's not mild serotonin syndrom. I'm really freaking out! I wonder if I should go to hospital. Not sure they can do anything. Not felt ill like this in a while. 

calm down, i doubt this will be serotonin syndrome, the exact same thing happened to me when I first tried CBD oil, it was the worst panic attack I have ever had, try sitting in a cool shower, this helps me when I use to have panic attacks,

it happened in the early months of withdrawal when I was extremely sensitive, I used too much, you need to start extremely slow with it and build your way up really slow,

dj2010

manchester

June 2

On 6/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, Fontman82 said:

what CBD oil is it? what brand, strength etc? 

Frontman82

June 2

Thanks, I'm trying to calm down, I just forgot what a panic attack feels like, woke up at 7.40 like a bomb had went off.  The CBD was helping with my GAD during withdrawl and it seemed to really help, but yesterday after 6 days on it, I started getting agistated and angry and silly things which is not me, I felt a little weird but not panicky. I've only been taking 1 drop every morning. It's just the 2.4% one as well. I think for now, I'm deff going to stop using it.

Frontman82

June 2

Oh I got it from a store in the UK, brand is called Daiba, they have a website.

dj2010

June 2

On 6/2/2018 at 1:30 AM, Fontman82 said:

Thanks, I'm trying to calm down, I just forgot what a panic attack feels like, woke up at 7.40 like a bomb had went off.  The CBD was helping with my GAD during withdrawl and it seemed to really help, but yesterday after 6 days on it, I started getting agistated and angry and silly things which is not me, I felt a little weird but not panicky. I've only been taking 1 drop every morning. It's just the 2.4% one as well. I think for now, I'm deff going to stop using it.

yes stop using it your system is obviously too sensitive, if you try again in the future try a different brand

• Moderator Emeritus

Daisy

Southern California

June 2, 2018

Are you calming down Fontman82?  Do you need a distraction by talking on here? I will be up for a few more minutes to reply.

Daisy

Frontman82

June 2

Ok sorry for the dramatic message. The panic attack has subsided. I forgot what it felt like. I haven’t had one in 6 years even when withdrawing from Citalopram.and I forgot what it was like having one. I’m exhausted. I really hope it’s just a one off because of the CBD oil. I didn’t take a drop today. I read it takes a few days to get out your system. 

Daisy

June 2

No need to apologize for the message. I am glad you reached out and also that you are feeling better now. 

Daisy

Frontman82

June 2

I just I haven’t set myself back too much. I was doing better somewhat. 

Daisy

June 2

Good. Keep it up. I know you can get through this and you will feel better. Going for a walk as a distraction has helped me in the past. Maybe it would help you. I am off to bed. Good night.

Daisy

Frontman82

June 2

I’ll try, kicking myself for making myself worse. Has anyone had a bad reaction to CBD and how long did it last before it went? 

dj2010

June 2

On 6/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, Fontman82 said:

I’ll try, kicking myself for making myself worse. Has anyone had a bad reaction to CBD and how long did it last before it went? 

don't be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes like this, it will probably take a bit of time for your nervous system to stabilise, it took me 2 - 3 weeks to get back to baseline if I remember correctly,

Spidygsm

Utah, U.S.

June 2

Shanti:

Great post. I recently got off Zyprexa and had a horrible time with the drug withdrawal induced insomnia (0-1 hours) for months. After most of my symptoms went away except the insomnia and anxiety, I tried pure C*D oil (no THC). I have always been skeptical of C*D and all of the claims. I was desperate so I decided to give it a try for insomnia.

After a few days I started falling asleep and sleeping fairly well. I don't know for sure if it's the C*D, a placebo effect, or if my body's healing (I've always had moderate insomnia and anxiety my whole life before I was put on Zyprexa). C*D did not improve my Anxiety. All that said, I don't plan to take C*D permanently nor can I say positively that it's the C*D that's helping me. It's just so coincidental that my sleep improved after I started taking C*D.

Daisy

June 2

I am ordered cbd oil with no THC. It is a trial and I really do not know how I will react. It is RAW Hemp Oil Drops 300mg CBD + CBDa (3%). If it rev's me up like it did you Fontman82, I will stop it. I think the reactions to it is person specific. I could be wrong though.

Daisy

• Moderator Emeritus

dj2010

manchester

June 5, 2018

On 6/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, Fontman82 said:

how are you doing Fontman? hoping you are making a fast recovery from the CBD reaction

Daisy

June 6

On 6/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Daisy said:

I am ordered cbd oil with no THC. It is a trial and I really do not know how I will react. It is RAW Hemp Oil Drops 300mg CBD + CBDa (3%). If it rev's me up like it did you Fontman82, I will stop it. I think the reactions to it is person specific. I could be wrong though.

Daisy

I have been taking the cbc oil since yesterday 6/4 at the starting dose recommended by the manufacturer of 1 drop 3 times a day. Today I am noticing an up tic in an anxiety symptom of a burning, tingling sensation of my scalp and worry. I do not know if it is the cbc oil or that I am thinking about when I will go back to work. There is also pressure from work to complete some documentation I had not finished when I took a personal leave of absence.

(mod note: end of reconstructed page 9)

19 hours ago, manymoretodays said:
On 6/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, Daisy said:

Daisy

I have been taking the cbc oil since yesterday 6/4 at the starting dose recommended by the manufacturer of 1 drop 3 times a day. Today I am noticing an up tic in an anxiety symptom of a burning, tingling sensation of my scalp and worry. I do not know if it is the cbc oil or that I am thinking about when I will go back to work. There is also pressure from work to complete some documentation I had not finished when I took a personal leave of absence.

I can relate to the burning, tingling sensation of scalp and the worry. Those are part of the physical and mental symptoms I get when the anxiety monster strikes....very uncomfortable.

I stopped the CBD oil I ordered as it did seem to rev me up. But a friend got me 5 mg CBD tablet from a local dispensary to try for my back pain. The tablets did nothing at all. The pain remained unchanged, I was not revved up, nor was I more relaxed. I think more research needs to be done on the health benefits of cannabis. So for myself, I am staying away from it even though it is now legal where I live. 

How are you feeling now manymoretodays?

Daisy💮

Effexor XL 2009-2012. CT 150mg Effexor XR  2012, Effexor XR  75mg  2012  then rapid taper to 0, Reinstated Effexor XR 13mg then updosed to 20mg, Tapered to 18mg Effexor XR 4/9/12, Off Effexor XL ?Reinstated  Effexor XL 150 mgs  August  2012, Crashed in November 2012, Prozac 40 mgs 2012 to Feb 2018, Buspar 60  mgs 2012-stopped 2015, Remeron 7.5 mgs as needed for sleep-stopped Feb 2017, Prozac 50 mgs Feb 2018 to March 2018, Lexapro 5 mgs March 18 2018 to May 17th 2018, Lexapro 2.5 mgs  May 18th to May 26th 2018, Prozac 10 mgs May 15th 2018, Prozac 5 mgs May 19th 2018 to current day May 28th 2018,  Xanax 0.25 mgs to 0.5 mgs daily for over 15 years. Increased Xanax to 1.5 mgs Sept 2012, Tapered Xanax to 0 mgs  May 2013.Reinstated Xanax Feb 2017 at 0.125 mgs as needed, Gradual increase of Xanax to 1.5 mgs daily till May 22nd 2018, Xanax 1.25 mgs daily. Holding

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Daisy,

I have not used CBD oil at all.  Or CBD or Hemp in any form.

Yes definitely......more research needed on the health benefits, especially for pain, insomnia, and potential benefits in W/D.

I did however, use marijuana, to deal with Seroquel insomnia, and other W/D from that drug.  As well as to cope with a poorly planned Lexapro W/D.

At first it was some from a legal state, and grown with lights, etc. by a legal grower.  Then though, I had(well I was not forced to) to go with local stuff.  I'm not in a legal state.  Who knows what was in the local stuff.......I mean I got hooked, and some of my symptoms from that weren't great.......paranoia, increasing isolation, delusions/illusions.......I'm sure there was THC in that 2nd stuff as well.......

So for me.......on the marijuana front.......it helped, most definitely.........the herb from a legal controlled grower.  The other though........not good.  Yet, luckily the ill effects did indeed wear off slowly from the other, and I remain abstinent.

I'm doing well, thank you for asking.  Or well enough.......B)  Hope you are too Daisy.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
punctuation, elaboration

Hi!

I haven't time to read whole topic but I like to ask have someone here tried Kannaway's Pure Gold? It is THC-free oil.

I tried it few days and it helped with stomach and it eased my stress and it improve my sleeping. I didn't feel so cold as usual during that time when I tried it. But I lost morning woods at the same time and it feels that my anhedonia is a bit deeper now. So I don't know what is wise thing to do. Should I try that oil again? Could it make my PSSD even worse or is that just starting symptom?

I'm not a native english speaker, sorry!

My history with Sertraline:

November 2009 - September 2013: most of the time my dose was 100 mg but when I stoped taking it first time my dose was 25 mg.

Unfornately I decided to start taking Sertraline again in April 2014. My new dose was 50 mg.

I took my last pill of Sertraline in November 2014. Then my dose was 25 mg.

Symptoms: PSSD, anhedonia and emotional anesthesia

• 3 weeks later...

I'm desperate to find something to help alleviate my anxiety and depression from withdrawal. Has anyone had success with CBD oil? I'm concerned about the memory effects that marijuana has. I can't take anymore blows to my memory. I already have zero short term memory, and at this point I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to start to improve. I'd be interested to hear people's experiences. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

• 3 weeks later...

after decades of demonizing  by the federal government, so much more study needs to be done but there are three ways to use cannabis without intoxification:

raw

CBD only

or microdosing

Healer.com is an excellent source of information.  Dr. Sulak has very specific directions on how to  micro-dose as a way to get benefits without intoxication. 

he urges caution for a list of situations including anxiety and mental health issues generally.

personally, I abstained while in acute WD. 

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Okay, Consumer Labs is starting to weigh in, and here's some of the vital information:

Summary of info on CBD – there are concerns and cautions.

First, if you are taking it orally (drops, tinctures), it is important to take it AFTER a meal with fat in it.  CBD is better absorbed when consumed with fat.  Fat in the tummy, tincture in the mouth – and – holding it in the mouth gives you better absorption than if you just swallow it.  The digestive system pretty much dissolves it.

“High daily doses of CBD – 20 mg per kg of body weight (hundreds of milligrams) may cause decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, fever, somnolence, and abnormal results on liver-function tests.”

“CBD may lower blood pressure and increase heart rate.”

“Should be used with caution with sedative and sleep-inducing medications, as it may enhance their effects.  CBD could also potentially increase the effects of herbs and supplements that have a sedating effect such as melatonin, SAMe, ashwaganda and others.”

“Can increase blood serum levels of antiepileptic drugs, may increase the blood-thinning effects of warfarin because CBD competes for the same liver enzymes that break down warfarin and other drugs.”

“Two days after starting to supplement with CBD a red, pustular bilateral rash occurred on the arms, underarms, buttocks and groin of a 63 year-old man with a history of plaque psoriasis.  The rash improved after 4 days of stopping CBD and completely cleared several weeks later.”

And here’s the meat of the matter

“In animal studies, CBD has been shown to inhibit CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP2D6 enzymes. This could slow the breakdown of drugs metabolised by these enzymes, leading to higher blood levels of these drugs and increased risk of side effects, though this has not been reported in CBD studies in people.”

This includes antibiotics like clarithromycin, azithromycin, cyclosporine.

Sildenafil (Viagra)

Antihistamines

Haloperidol

Statin medications such as atorvastatin, simvastatin

Hormones like testosterone and progesterone

Heart medications like nifedipine, metoprolol

PPI imeprazole

“Antipsychotic” drugs risperidone, ondansetron, paroxetine, flecanide and others.

“The American Academy of Pediatrics has not endorsed cannabis and cannabinoid use because of concerns about brain development.”

“In dogs…CBD 2 mg/kg twice daily was found to increase levels of the liver enzyme alkaline phosphatase and researchers recommend monitoring liver enzymes in dogs receiving CBD.”

As always, their information is subscription only, and I encourage everyone who is using any sort of supplement to subscribe to ConsumerLab.com to get the full benefit of their research and information.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Just ran across (was referred to this science-y guy by my brother-in-law) 2 good science-y articles on CBD, THC, Cannabis, hemp.  (in the order that he wrote them)

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/the-effect-of-weed-on-exercise/ 

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/

Includes this quote:

See, hemp fields are simply fields of cannabis plants that grow under conditions in which the male plants have been allowed to fertilize the female plants. When you separate the male and female plants, the females can’t be pollinated, so they produce lots of THC (in what is known as “resinous THC form”) as a result. But when the female is allowed to be pollinated, she barely produces any THC. In fact, the happily sexed up female produces less than 1% THC.

So to gain a higher production of THC in a field of cannabis plants, you simply take away the male plants so the females can’t be pollinated, and to lower THC production, you keep the male and female plants together. Plants used for CBD oil or CBD capsules or hemp oil or hemp protein or your hippie neighbor’s tie-dyed hemp headwear meet the international standards of less than 1% THC.

Ah, there is the difference between "hemp" and "cannabis."  What we have been calling "cannabis" used to be called "sinsemilla"  when they first learned to separate the females.

So "Industrial Hemp" might be just the thing.

Keeping in mind that neither of these articles address anything near "antidepressant withdrawal."  But a lot about side effects, problems, uses are discussed.

Edited by JanCarol

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you JanCarol!  Some great information.  Even though not addressing anything near AD W/D.

.......and shoot.....they, well one or a few are still calling me hippy mmt in AA.

I don't know.  I sort of like it.  My handle......my name.

Oooooommm.

I am doing well lately facing North or South when contemplating, meditating.  I'm now facing East.  🤓

• Moderator Emeritus

From the article posted above, here is a clue about withdrawal:

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/

Instead, CBD acts as an agonist on an entirely different receptor called the 5-HT1A receptor, and this is how CBD actually works as an antidepressant with anti-anxiety and neuroprotective effects. It also serves as what is called an “allosteric modulator” of your opioid receptors, which is how it works to remove pain and reduce the effects of chronic inflammation. Other positive medical effects of CBD (there’s over 60 of them, if you care to read up on them here) are due to increased intracellular calcium release and agonism of another receptor called the PPAR-γ receptor.

But there's that 5-HT1A receptor.  Agonist.  So that could mess up withdrawal big time.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, JanCarol said:

From the article posted above, here is a clue about withdrawal:

But there's that 5-HT1A receptor.  Agonist.  So that could mess up withdrawal big time.

I've been using CBD occasionally during wd when my anxiety, physical symptoms or inability to sleep overwhelm me.  

I have mixed feelings about it. Does it help me calm down and sleep? Yes. 

But I used it last night after a horrible day of acute mental and physical withdrawal anguish.  I slept, but today I am depressed and anxious. Part of the wd pattern or cbd? Dont know bit I will use it sparingly and only when I have days like yesterday when I was in so much pain.  

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

On 11/26/2018 at 4:06 AM, JanCarol said:

Okay, Consumer Labs is starting to weigh in, and here's some of the vital information:

Summary of info on CBD – there are concerns and cautions.

First, if you are taking it orally (drops, tinctures), it is important to take it AFTER a meal with fat in it.  CBD is better absorbed when consumed with fat.  Fat in the tummy, tincture in the mouth – and – holding it in the mouth gives you better absorption than if you just swallow it.  The digestive system pretty much dissolves it.

“High daily doses of CBD – 20 mg per kg of body weight (hundreds of milligrams) may cause decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, fever, somnolence, and abnormal results on liver-function tests.”

“CBD may lower blood pressure and increase heart rate.”

“Should be used with caution with sedative and sleep-inducing medications, as it may enhance their effects.  CBD could also potentially increase the effects of herbs and supplements that have a sedating effect such as melatonin, SAMe, ashwaganda and others.”

“Can increase blood serum levels of antiepileptic drugs, may increase the blood-thinning effects of warfarin because CBD competes for the same liver enzymes that break down warfarin and other drugs.”

“Two days after starting to supplement with CBD a red, pustular bilateral rash occurred on the arms, underarms, buttocks and groin of a 63 year-old man with a history of plaque psoriasis.  The rash improved after 4 days of stopping CBD and completely cleared several weeks later.”

And here’s the meat of the matter

“In animal studies, CBD has been shown to inhibit CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP2D6 enzymes. This could slow the breakdown of drugs metabolised by these enzymes, leading to higher blood levels of these drugs and increased risk of side effects, though this has not been reported in CBD studies in people.”

This includes antibiotics like clarithromycin, azithromycin, cyclosporine.

Sildenafil (Viagra)

Antihistamines

Haloperidol

Statin medications such as atorvastatin, simvastatin

Hormones like testosterone and progesterone

Heart medications like nifedipine, metoprolol

PPI imeprazole

“Antipsychotic” drugs risperidone, ondansetron, paroxetine, flecanide and others.

“The American Academy of Pediatrics has not endorsed cannabis and cannabinoid use because of concerns about brain development.”

“In dogs…CBD 2 mg/kg twice daily was found to increase levels of the liver enzyme alkaline phosphatase and researchers recommend monitoring liver enzymes in dogs receiving CBD.”

As always, their information is subscription only, and I encourage everyone who is using any sort of supplement to subscribe to ConsumerLab.com to get the full benefit of their research and information.

Is this CBD without thc you are refering to? I know there is (dont remember exactly amount) 0.02 % thc even in hempoil. But also there are oils with more thc in. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Oxazepam (Serax) May 2017- sept 2018. Jumped up and down 20-25 mg, started to have interdose w/d in Jan 2018.

Tapered out Oxazepam (a bit fast by first 50 % then 25%) from 30 july 2018, stopped oct 14, 2018. Felt awfull, many w/d symtoms. Eased up slowly. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

From about 12.5 mg usually (some nights 12 mg)

Tapering : 9 dec - 26 dec 11 mg

27 dec - - 10 mg

Having anxiety day time and depression (almost the other horrible w/d from Oxazepam is gone). Anxeity comes around noon and go away at around 8 pm that was the pattern before tapering Z. 

Take Magnesium citrat 120 mg

Ecitalopram 2016 about 7 month, and 2017 may-oct 2017.

Lyrica sept 2016-january 2017. No w/d when CT. 

I would like to try some CBD for my anxiety. I will be getting some with zero THC, or very very low doses of THC. I'll be picking it up in the next few days. Will post back after I've tried it.

-jan14 2016- off effexor!!-

wellbutrin:Jan 25/17;Start to split 100mg in half

-Feb 12/17;100-50mg -Apr 30/17;50-30mg liquid. -June 6/ 17;30-20mg -July6/17;updose to 26mg -Oct 18/17;13 to 12mg -Nov 24/17;12 to 11mg -Feb 21/18;22 to 20mg -Apr 2/18;20 to 18mg -Apr 30/18;18 to 16mg -May 22/18;16 to 14mg -June 18/18;14 to 12.4mg -July 15 /18;12.4 to 11.6mg -Nov5/18;11.2 to 10mg -Dec14/18;10 to 10.4mg

On 2/10/2015 at 5:15 AM, degen12 said:

This review is probably the strongest study:

Lancet. 2007 Jul 28;370(9584):319-28.

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review.

Moore TH, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A, Barnes TR, Jones PB, Burke M, Lewis G.

Abstract at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17662880/

"The uncertainty about whether cannabis causes psychosis is unlikely to be resolved by further longitudinal studies such as those reviewed here. However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life."

I just want to throw my hat in the ring and say that one of the reasons I started taking AD's in the first place, when I was 18, was because I was smoking Cannibis. Straight away I started experiencing insomnia, panic attacks and GAD and was treated thereafter. I should also add that I was drinking at the time, and also not getting that much sleep as it was my GAP year from High School.

However, as soon as I smoked that Canna boom i took a flight home within a couple weeks, and was given Anti-Psychotic drugs at the time I didn't know any better.

I am not saying that Cannabis has no medicinal value, it clearly does for some medical diseases and have watched some good programs on it. However, I think it is part of our human curiousity to seek some new age, magic pill that will ease if not take away the pain of withdrawals and what not. Time and time again the proven result has been to wait it out and let time heal.

2008-2012: Cymbalta, Zyprexa, Valium (5 days supply),

2012 - Seroquel x 4 weeks C/T. 

2014 - Seroquel x 2 Weeks C/T. Crossed to Risperidone 3mg for 6months until December.

2014 - Stopped Risperidone. Xfer > Anti-Depressant 200mg Zoloft and 6mg Clonazepam. 

2018 - 150mg Clomipromine changed Anti-depressant. Tapered Benzo to 1mg Clonazepam. 2019 - xfer to 20mg Diazepam. 

Currently:

Anafranil: 75mg. 17th Dec 2022 70mg. 27th Dec 22: 75mg, 14 January 23': 70mg. 16-26th January: 50mg (too fast drop no sleep). Jan 28th 2023: 70mg. 20 Feb 2023: 65mg. 11/06: 60mg 9/08: 55mg 15/08/23 : 50mg
3/03/2024: 60mg (Updose)

Diazepam (V): 25th Oct 2019' 20mg. 22 Dec 19' 19mg. 04 Apr 2020' 18mg,  30 September 20' 17.5mg , 13 Nov 2020' 17mg. 01 January 2021: 16mg, 13th Aug 21' 15mg. 1st Nov' 2021 14.5mg. 1st Dec' 2021 14mg. 13 January 2022: 13.5mg, 11 Feb: 13mg.  11 April 22' 12.5mg, 12 May 22': 12mg, 6th September 2022: 11mg Valium. 9th October: 10.5mg, 25th Oct 10mg. 12 March 23: 9.5mg 2 April: 9.25mg 23 April: 9mg 12/05: 8.75 26/05: 8.5 12/09: 8.25 21/09: 8.5. 3/10: 8.25 17/10: 8mg 20th Nov Brassmonkey: (7.9.,7.8, 7.75) 5 Feb: 7.25mg. 23 Feb: 7mg 

*.      Have tried to go at faster rate than 0.5mg but is currently too fast. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy