Wildflower0214

Cannabis, marijuana, THC, and CBD or Hemp oil

ChessieCat
52 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

CBD inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, which is involved in metabolizing many drugs.

AbbyElfie

I had a severe reaction to one dose of CBD paste back in May. Absolutely horrific delirious panic that left me exhausted for about a week. I probably took too much for a first attempt, and was also only 6 months or so into withdrawal so yeah. Honestly, I've been smoking cannabis every day (except maybe one or two) for the past year, all through withdrawal. Not all day, often just in the evenings. But pretty much every day. It's probably exacerbated some things, although during good periods I don't notice many negative effects. The big thing is that it's helped me sleep, but the couple of days I went without it I struggled to, which concerned me a bit.

I used to be a heavy cocaine user, and in the past few years have stopped all drugs including alcohol earlier this year, and cigarettes the year before. I also have a pretty strict diet. It sounds pathetic but I've been terrified to stop smoking cannabis, as it's the only thing I look forward to most days. Without it I don't feel like I'll have anything to depend on to get me through. Typical addiction mindset really. It's not the weed itself that's the problem really, it's that my life has become so incredibly restricted I have very little I can rely on for escapism or mild dopamine rush. Ugh. I think I have to stop smoking it, it can't be helping some things.

Centime

About a month ago I started taking CBD extract to help me sleep. I’ve had insomnia for years. My sister has a medical marijuana license because she has Parkinsons’, and a friend who lives in NM where pot is legal recommended the same source (Honey Stag Hemp). After having been on various psych meds over the years for sleep (Seroquel, Klonopin), I’m really surprised that it works. My sleep is much, much better. It’s also supposed to help with anxiety, but I haven’t noticed that yet.

I find that marijuana is the only thing that works for my relentless nausea as I go through withdrawal (from Paxil). It gives me a little energy and helps me get through times when I would simply rather be unconscious. Of course I’d rather not take anything, but am grateful for the small relief it gives me. 

lalala
On 12/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, JanCarol said:

From the same article: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/

CBD as Anti-Inflammatory:

I just started to taper klonopin .5  a few months ago and having very poor sleep wired and tired,  and I had insomnia the  last 2 years from discontinuing ssri and starting others and ct paxil after 4 months  so i'm not sure my chances  of improvement in the sleep area,I was suggested to take cbd with terpenes...  what are your thoughts?

I took an antihistamine and that made me ill the next day and sleep was awful...chemicals make me sick

any help appreciated...x

JackieDecides

I have tried vaping CBD for anxiety and insomnia and it hasn't helped me at all. but everybody is different. 

when I am not having anxiety I like whole cannabis - in small amounts - just for fun, but none at all when anxious. 

JanCarol
1 hour ago, lalala said:

I was suggested to take cbd with terpenes...  what are your thoughts?

All of us - benzo sufferers, antidepressant sufferers, antispychotic strugglers - ALL of us have struggled with sleep.

Thinking that a thing is going to *fix* sleep is an illusion.  These drugs hit right at the heart of sleep.  It will get better, but thinking that you have to do something about it is - illusory.

Some of us have survived on 5 minute naps throughout the day, others of us get extremely cranky and struggle to get an hour or two a day.  It is a phase that one goes through when trying to come off the drugs.

By all means feel free to try the CBD, but ensure you are getting a good quality product.  There are a lot of snake oil salesmen in CBD land, as it's the "latest greatest thing" in the USA.  It is expensive to get the good stuff.  I found it extremely helpful for pain and sleep, but also found that it was going to cost me $190 a month to get the right doses of the right product.  I used a bottle of 1500 mg. tincture every 2 weeks.  That was one full dropper 2x a day.   The brand was Nature's Love  in Colorado.  

Your mileage may vary, and perhaps you are one of those who can get by on a few drops a day.  Consumer Lab studied CBD and found that efficacy was around the 300 mg range.  (I was taking 100 mg per day).  Many people claim to get good results from less, some as little as 25 mg per day.  

I would try it again, with an effort to keep the doses down, but I would probably drift back up to that expensive and effective range.  At $95 / bottle (plus the hassle of getting CBD to Australia), this experiment will have to wait.

Let us know what you try and if you get results!

lalala
On 1/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, JanCarol said:

All of us - benzo sufferers, antidepressant sufferers, antispychotic strugglers - ALL of us have struggled with sleep.

Thinking that a thing is going to *fix* sleep is an illusion.  These drugs hit right at the heart of sleep.  It will get better, but thinking that you have to do something about it is - illusory.

Some of us have survived on 5 minute naps throughout the day, others of us get extremely cranky and struggle to get an hour or two a day.  It is a phase that one goes through when trying to come off the drugs.

By all means feel free to try the CBD, but ensure you are getting a good quality product.  There are a lot of snake oil salesmen in CBD land, as it's the "latest greatest thing" in the USA.  It is expensive to get the good stuff.  I found it extremely helpful for pain and sleep, but also found that it was going to cost me $190 a month to get the right doses of the right product.  I used a bottle of 1500 mg. tincture every 2 weeks.  That was one full dropper 2x a day.   The brand was Nature's Love  in Colorado.  

Your mileage may vary, and perhaps you are one of those who can get by on a few drops a day.  Consumer Lab studied CBD and found that efficacy was around the 300 mg range.  (I was taking 100 mg per day).  Many people claim to get good results from less, some as little as 25 mg per day.  

I would try it again, with an effort to keep the doses down, but I would probably drift back up to that expensive and effective range.  At $95 / bottle (plus the hassle of getting CBD to Australia), this experiment will have to wait.

Let us know what you try and if you get results!

I know... unfortunately I have had insomnia for 2 year, do to tapering, stopping  and taking ssri's  and to top it off, I  took klonopin which stopped working after  a month  or less  stayed on it to stabilize  and now weaning of after 5 months and having terrible insomnia once more... I tried antihistamines  made me sick... i hope it does help I dont have lots of alternatives...

I had done my research,  I found some companies from the Uk  well priced... 

I guess you are off everything which is a smarter choice to try  cbd but heard mixed stories mostly successful