Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD / cannabidiol or Hemp oil

Jonathan

On 12/15/2018 at 4:35 AM, jen84 said:

I would like to try some CBD for my anxiety. I will be getting some with zero THC, or very very low doses of THC. I'll be picking it up in the next few days. Will post back after I've tried it.

Please do that jen. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Oxazepam (Serax) May 2017- sept 2018. Jumped up and down 20-25 mg, started to have interdose w/d in Jan 2018.

Tapered out Oxazepam (a bit fast by first 50 % then 25%) from 30 july 2018, stopped oct 14, 2018. Felt awfull, many w/d symtoms. Eased up slowly. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

From about 12.5 mg usually (some nights 12 mg)

Tapering : 9 dec - 26 dec 11 mg

27 dec - - 10 mg

Having anxiety day time and depression (almost the other horrible w/d from Oxazepam is gone). Anxeity comes around noon and go away at around 8 pm that was the pattern before tapering Z. 

Take Magnesium citrat 120 mg

Ecitalopram 2016 about 7 month, and 2017 may-oct 2017.

Lyrica sept 2016-january 2017. No w/d when CT. 

@Annesj do you currently use CBD oil? If so, what has been your experience with it?

-jan14 2016- off effexor!!-

wellbutrin:Jan 25/17;Start to split 100mg in half

-Feb 12/17;100-50mg -Apr 30/17;50-30mg liquid. -June 6/ 17;30-20mg -July6/17;updose to 26mg -Oct 18/17;13 to 12mg -Nov 24/17;12 to 11mg -Feb 21/18;22 to 20mg -Apr 2/18;20 to 18mg -Apr 30/18;18 to 16mg -May 22/18;16 to 14mg -June 18/18;14 to 12.4mg -July 15 /18;12.4 to 11.6mg -Nov5/18;11.2 to 10mg -Dec14/18;10 to 10.4mg

No I dont use it. I asked because I mabye would like to. Not with thc. We only have without thc in sweden. Like 00.2 thc in it. I have anxeity during taper of Zopiclon

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Oxazepam (Serax) May 2017- sept 2018. Jumped up and down 20-25 mg, started to have interdose w/d in Jan 2018.

Tapered out Oxazepam (a bit fast by first 50 % then 25%) from 30 july 2018, stopped oct 14, 2018. Felt awfull, many w/d symtoms. Eased up slowly. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

From about 12.5 mg usually (some nights 12 mg)

Tapering : 9 dec - 26 dec 11 mg

27 dec - - 10 mg

Having anxiety day time and depression (almost the other horrible w/d from Oxazepam is gone). Anxeity comes around noon and go away at around 8 pm that was the pattern before tapering Z. 

Take Magnesium citrat 120 mg

Ecitalopram 2016 about 7 month, and 2017 may-oct 2017.

Lyrica sept 2016-january 2017. No w/d when CT. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/13/2018 at 6:21 AM, Annesj said:

Is this CBD without thc you are refering to? I know there is (dont remember exactly amount) 0.02 % thc even in hempoil. But also there are oils with more thc in. 

CBD without THC acts as an agonist on the 5HT receptors.

CBD with THC would likely do the same.  I am posting mostly about CBD.  THC is probably not a good idea for withdrawal, and definitely not a good idea for anyone with dissociative states, cog fog, DP/DR, etc.

More from https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/ on Hormones:

and

So the summary of the biggest effects of CBD on the endocrine system? Lower cortisol and better blood sugar control. Let’s move on.

I'm hoping the live links were kept in my copy/paste - if not - go to the original article.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

From the same article: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/

CBD as anti-anxiety agent:

Here are the studies that have specifically investigated CBD’s role as an anxiolytic:

When it comes to stress, which is of course significantly related to anxiety, the host of studies are just as impressive:

This is just a small sample of the research showing the role that CBD plays in reducing stress and reducing anxiety. I’ve found that as little as 10mg CBD vastly lowers my anxiety at the end of the day, and have dosed with as high as 100mg CBD to be as calm as a baby during trans-Atlantic plane flights, nights sleeping in hotel rooms, and other situations where I have difficulty sleeping or tend to be stressed out. The stuff works like a charm, and saves me from having to hunt down an unhealthy, addictive alternative like valium or diazepam.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

From the same article: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-cbd-oil/

CBD as Anti-Inflammatory:

Here is just a smattering of the studies done on cannabidiols and inflammation.

• Moderator Emeritus

CBD and Sleep:

Cannabidiol actually activates the same adenosine receptors as caffeine, which is technically a stimulant. But patients with sleep issues report that ingesting a CBD-rich tincture or extract a few hours before bedtime has a balancing effect that facilitates a good night’s sleep, and I’ve certainly found this to be the case.

Here are the studies on CBD and sleep.

•  

• Moderator Emeritus

from the same article: 

Bioavailablility of CBD:

So how can you make CBD absorbable?

Enter turmeric, the same flavorful spice that I mix with black pepper on my salads every single day of the year.

Turmeric comes from the rhizome in the turmeric plant, and the rhizome can grow up to 3 inches in length. The rhizome is then harvested and dried before being ground into a yellow powder, the very concentrated form of which is also known as curcumin(yes, the same curcumin that is currently the darling of the “natural anti-inflammatory” industry).

Kind of like cannabis, humans have been cultivating turmeric for a long time – over 4,000 years. The Ayurvedic medicinal herb was originally used as a medicinal herb in Southeast Asia, where turmeric also carries significant religious significance. Turmeric was a highly sought after commodity in the ancient spice trades that swept across China and Africa, all before the end of the 9th century.

India is the main cultivator of all the world’s turmeric crops and consumes 80% of the world’s supply. Due to the high content of the main bioactive component in turmeric (curcumin) Indian turmeric is considered to be the best in the world for medicinal purposes. The Indian city of Erode, located in the South Indian State of Tamil Nadu, is the trading hub for turmeric in the Eastern hemisphere. Erode is so well known for its turmeric production that it is referred to as “Yellow City,” and “Turmeric City” (similar to the way that my living room couch is covered in yellow stains from my frequent turmeric sprinkling on most of the dinners I eat).

And here’s why turmeric plays such an important role in CBD absorption…

…when the cannabinoids and terpenoids in CBD are mixed with the isolated curcuminoids of a high-curcumin containing turmeric plant, the bioavailability of the CBD absolutely explodes. This means that if you’ve used CBD oil before in the absence of a curcuminoid blend from turmeric, you probably only felt about 1/5 to 1/10 of the actual effects of the CBD, since CBD by itself is very poorly absorbed.

Both Turmeric and CBD are better absorbed when taken with fats.

11 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Both Turmeric and CBD are better absorbed when taken with fats.

I need to go to my dispensary and see what that have.  I also need to look up recipes for using turmeric. and I'll have both with fats, I love fats. 😇

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Does CBD interact with other medications?

Yes. CBD inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, which is involved in metabolizing many drugs. Compounds in grapefruit inhibit the same enzyme group, which is why physicians advice patients not to eat grapefruit shortly before or after taking a medication. By inhibiting cytochrome P450, CBD can either reduce or increase the effects of other drugs.  In some situations, it may be advisable for a physician to monitor a patient’s blood levels of other medications while taking CBD. See CBD-Drug Interactions: The Role of Cytochrome P450 for more information.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
52 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

CBD inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, which is involved in metabolizing many drugs.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I had a severe reaction to one dose of CBD paste back in May. Absolutely horrific delirious panic that left me exhausted for about a week. I probably took too much for a first attempt, and was also only 6 months or so into withdrawal so yeah. Honestly, I've been smoking cannabis every day (except maybe one or two) for the past year, all through withdrawal. Not all day, often just in the evenings. But pretty much every day. It's probably exacerbated some things, although during good periods I don't notice many negative effects. The big thing is that it's helped me sleep, but the couple of days I went without it I struggled to, which concerned me a bit.

I used to be a heavy cocaine user, and in the past few years have stopped all drugs including alcohol earlier this year, and cigarettes the year before. I also have a pretty strict diet. It sounds pathetic but I've been terrified to stop smoking cannabis, as it's the only thing I look forward to most days. Without it I don't feel like I'll have anything to depend on to get me through. Typical addiction mindset really. It's not the weed itself that's the problem really, it's that my life has become so incredibly restricted I have very little I can rely on for escapism or mild dopamine rush. Ugh. I think I have to stop smoking it, it can't be helping some things.

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis

About a month ago I started taking CBD extract to help me sleep. I’ve had insomnia for years. My sister has a medical marijuana license because she has Parkinsons’, and a friend who lives in NM where pot is legal recommended the same source (Honey Stag Hemp). After having been on various psych meds over the years for sleep (Seroquel, Klonopin), I’m really surprised that it works. My sleep is much, much better. It’s also supposed to help with anxiety, but I haven’t noticed that yet.

I find that marijuana is the only thing that works for my relentless nausea as I go through withdrawal (from Paxil). It gives me a little energy and helps me get through times when I would simply rather be unconscious. Of course I’d rather not take anything, but am grateful for the small relief it gives me. 

Long history with many psych drugs beginning in 1987. Went through two too-fast Paxil withdrawals in the past. Ended up in ER both times. I successfully got off Wellbutrin, and (occasional only) Seroquel, Concerta, and Klonopin over six months. Current supplements: multivitamin, probiotic, D3, magnesium, CBD. Current drugs: Ranitidine 300 mg. for acid reflux, Paxil (tapering off).

Paxil Taper History, 2018/2019

Jan.1: 60 mg. May 1: 55 mg. May 13: 50 mg. June 3: 47.5 mg. June 14: 45 mg. June 21: 42.5 mg. July 5: 40 mg. Switched to figuring by weight. 40 mg. = .704 July 22: .686. July 29: .669. August 5: .652. August 12: .635. September 2: 30 mg. October 2: 25 mg. November 2: 22 mg. December 1: 20 mg. January 6: 18 mg. Now using a digital scale and an emery board to taper. January 16: I decided to go back on the drugs after a year of tapering. I’m more depressed than ever, and do not believe it’s withdrawal. Thank you, everyone, for your support, advice, and kindness. Centime.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, JanCarol said:

CBD as Anti-Inflammatory:

I just started to taper klonopin .5  a few months ago and having very poor sleep wired and tired,  and I had insomnia the  last 2 years from discontinuing ssri and starting others and ct paxil after 4 months  so i'm not sure my chances  of improvement in the sleep area,I was suggested to take cbd with terpenes...  what are your thoughts?

I took an antihistamine and that made me ill the next day and sleep was awful...chemicals make me sick

any help appreciated...x

2007-2016 citalopram 20mg -40mg

tappered and discontinued all of oct 2016 6 month taper  (wd symptom  insomnia and some ocd anxiety)

Nov.2016 -May 2017 cipralex 20mg

June-Sept 2017  xanax 0.25- 0.50mg   3 times a week

June 2017- Sept. 25.2017  Paxil  20mg - last week was 30mg bc of drug feeling reaction

Sept 27 - Oct 12 2017 Fluxatine 20mg

discontinuation Oct 13-18th 2017 withdrawal  from paxil and fluxatine

Reinstated Oct 19- 23 Fluxtine 10mg, Oct 24- 2 2017 Fluxatine 5mg,  Nov 2-19 2017   Fluxatine 10mg Dec-Jan 4 2018 Fluxatine 20mg, Reinstated Feb 18 2018  fluxatine 1mg, didnt work  June 6  Celexa  5mg than 10mg, June 3 Klonopin  .5 - 1mg,    june 11 oxazepam 5-10mg,   zopiclone in june  7.5mg  on and off,    June 24 reduced  to  5mg Celexa 

Nov. 20 2018 titration k  0.02mg reduction from 0.5- 0.380mg,  Nov.  25 2018  mourol 1 dose for cystitis

March started Brassmonkey method   0.30 k   current 0.28 kcelexa 5mgNov.2021 0.08 updose  0.09 feb. 2022 0.085k  march. 0.08 april 0.075k may0.070k june 0.065 june23  0.060

NOTE: using liquid Rivotril - 2 drops of (2.5mg) rivotril  with 20ml water 

I have tried vaping CBD for anxiety and insomnia and it hasn't helped me at all. but everybody is different. 

when I am not having anxiety I like whole cannabis - in small amounts - just for fun, but none at all when anxious. 

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, lalala said:

I was suggested to take cbd with terpenes...  what are your thoughts?

All of us - benzo sufferers, antidepressant sufferers, antispychotic strugglers - ALL of us have struggled with sleep.

Thinking that a thing is going to *fix* sleep is an illusion.  These drugs hit right at the heart of sleep.  It will get better, but thinking that you have to do something about it is - illusory.

Some of us have survived on 5 minute naps throughout the day, others of us get extremely cranky and struggle to get an hour or two a day.  It is a phase that one goes through when trying to come off the drugs.

By all means feel free to try the CBD, but ensure you are getting a good quality product.  There are a lot of snake oil salesmen in CBD land, as it's the "latest greatest thing" in the USA.  It is expensive to get the good stuff.  I found it extremely helpful for pain and sleep, but also found that it was going to cost me $190 a month to get the right doses of the right product.  I used a bottle of 1500 mg. tincture every 2 weeks.  That was one full dropper 2x a day.   The brand was Nature's Love  in Colorado.  

Your mileage may vary, and perhaps you are one of those who can get by on a few drops a day.  Consumer Lab studied CBD and found that efficacy was around the 300 mg range.  (I was taking 100 mg per day).  Many people claim to get good results from less, some as little as 25 mg per day.  

I would try it again, with an effort to keep the doses down, but I would probably drift back up to that expensive and effective range.  At $95 / bottle (plus the hassle of getting CBD to Australia), this experiment will have to wait.

Let us know what you try and if you get results!

On 1/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, JanCarol said:

All of us - benzo sufferers, antidepressant sufferers, antispychotic strugglers - ALL of us have struggled with sleep.

Thinking that a thing is going to *fix* sleep is an illusion.  These drugs hit right at the heart of sleep.  It will get better, but thinking that you have to do something about it is - illusory.

Some of us have survived on 5 minute naps throughout the day, others of us get extremely cranky and struggle to get an hour or two a day.  It is a phase that one goes through when trying to come off the drugs.

By all means feel free to try the CBD, but ensure you are getting a good quality product.  There are a lot of snake oil salesmen in CBD land, as it's the "latest greatest thing" in the USA.  It is expensive to get the good stuff.  I found it extremely helpful for pain and sleep, but also found that it was going to cost me $190 a month to get the right doses of the right product.  I used a bottle of 1500 mg. tincture every 2 weeks.  That was one full dropper 2x a day.   The brand was Nature's Love  in Colorado.  

Your mileage may vary, and perhaps you are one of those who can get by on a few drops a day.  Consumer Lab studied CBD and found that efficacy was around the 300 mg range.  (I was taking 100 mg per day).  Many people claim to get good results from less, some as little as 25 mg per day.  

I would try it again, with an effort to keep the doses down, but I would probably drift back up to that expensive and effective range.  At $95 / bottle (plus the hassle of getting CBD to Australia), this experiment will have to wait.

Let us know what you try and if you get results!

I know... unfortunately I have had insomnia for 2 year, do to tapering, stopping  and taking ssri's  and to top it off, I  took klonopin which stopped working after  a month  or less  stayed on it to stabilize  and now weaning of after 5 months and having terrible insomnia once more... I tried antihistamines  made me sick... i hope it does help I dont have lots of alternatives...

I had done my research,  I found some companies from the Uk  well priced... 

I guess you are off everything which is a smarter choice to try  cbd but heard mixed stories mostly successful 

2007-2016 citalopram 20mg -40mg

tappered and discontinued all of oct 2016 6 month taper  (wd symptom  insomnia and some ocd anxiety)

Nov.2016 -May 2017 cipralex 20mg

June-Sept 2017  xanax 0.25- 0.50mg   3 times a week

June 2017- Sept. 25.2017  Paxil  20mg - last week was 30mg bc of drug feeling reaction

Sept 27 - Oct 12 2017 Fluxatine 20mg

discontinuation Oct 13-18th 2017 withdrawal  from paxil and fluxatine

Reinstated Oct 19- 23 Fluxtine 10mg, Oct 24- 2 2017 Fluxatine 5mg,  Nov 2-19 2017   Fluxatine 10mg Dec-Jan 4 2018 Fluxatine 20mg, Reinstated Feb 18 2018  fluxatine 1mg, didnt work  June 6  Celexa  5mg than 10mg, June 3 Klonopin  .5 - 1mg,    june 11 oxazepam 5-10mg,   zopiclone in june  7.5mg  on and off,    June 24 reduced  to  5mg Celexa 

Nov. 20 2018 titration k  0.02mg reduction from 0.5- 0.380mg,  Nov.  25 2018  mourol 1 dose for cystitis

March started Brassmonkey method   0.30 k   current 0.28 kcelexa 5mgNov.2021 0.08 updose  0.09 feb. 2022 0.085k  march. 0.08 april 0.075k may0.070k june 0.065 june23  0.060

NOTE: using liquid Rivotril - 2 drops of (2.5mg) rivotril  with 20ml water 

• 5 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello,

On 5/7/2018 at 1:25 AM, Centime said:

Does anyone have any info about the interaction of marijuana and SSRIs?

Yes, Consumer Lab just posted their update on interactions.  This is from behind a paywall, but I have re-ordered and retyped it, and it's only a small exerpt:

Be aware the CBD may interact with other medications that…are metabolized in the body by cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP3A4 and CYP2C19.  By competing for these enzymes, CBD can reduce the metabolism of such drugs, raising their blood levels and possibly requiring downward adjustment of their doses.  For example, several hundred milligrams of CBD daily in epilepsy trials have caused sizeable increases in levels of the epilepsy medications clobazam, valproic acid, levitriracetam, felbamate, lamotrigine, and zonisamide (U.S. Department of Health; Yamaori, Life Sci 2011; Iffland, Cannabis Cannabinoid Res 2017).  Adding 50 mg to 300 mg of CBD to day per treatment with the epilepsy drug brivaracetam was found to increase blood levels of brivaracetam by as much as 95% to 280% (Klotz, Epilepsia 2019).  For the same reason, CBD may increase the blood-thinning effects of warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven).  This was observed in a man with post-stroke epilepsy taking warfarin:  His INR (a measure of how long it takes blood to clot) began increasing several weeks after starting CBD (Epidiolex, Greenwich Biosciences, Inc.) for his seizures.  His CBD dosgin started with several hundred milligrams daily and increased to over 1,000 mg., at which point his warfarin dose had been reduced by approximately 30% (Grayson, Epilepsy Behav Case Rep 2017).  These effects are dose-dependent, and it’s possible that lower doses of CBD (single digits or tens of milligrams daily), as in many products in this (Consumer Labs Review) will have more modest effects.  Nevertheless if you take medications metabolized by these enzymes, including:

·         Macrolide antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin) and azithromycin (Zithromax), cyclosporine (Sandimmune),

·         Sildenafil (Viagra)

·         Certain statin medications such as atorvastatin (Lipitor) and simvastatin (Zocor), rosuvastatin (Crestor)

·         Testosterone, progesterone

·         Cardiac medications (blood pressure & others) Nifedipine (Procardia XL), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), flecainide (Tambocor), clipidogrel (Plavix), propranolol (Inderal LA), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan)

·         The proton pump inhibitor drug omeprazole (Zegerid, Prilosec OTC)

·         The antipsychotic drug risperidone (Risperdal)

·         Ondansetron (Zofran)

·         Paroxetine (Paxil), fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox)

·         Carisoprodol (Soma)

·         Cancer drugs cyclophosphamide (Cytoxin), enzalutamide (Xtandi – also an anti-androgen)

·         Anti-fungal drugs fluconazole (Diflucan), ketoconazole (Nozoral, Xolegel, Extina) (this drug increased CBD blood levels)

·         Antiretroviral efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin)

·         NSAIDS celecoxib (Celebrex), naproxen (Aleve)

·         Diabetes drug (whole class) sulfonylureas (Amaryl, Glynase)

Additionally, a dangerous synthetic cannabinoid (AB-FUBINACA) has been found in CBD products, including e-cigarette fluid and incense, as well as CBD oil purchased from a “reputable online distributor from Colorado) which can increase seizures, cause agitation, delirium, dilated pupils and rapid heartbeat.  Consumer Labs will screen for synthetic cannabinoids in future tests.

Please note how many of the psych drugs - "mood stabilisers," "antipsychotics," and "antidepressants" are included in this.  Taking CBD while going through withdrawal, especially during tapering, could very well alter the dose you are getting.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:09 AM, Sampo said:

have someone here tried Kannaway's Pure Gold? It is THC-free oil.

Consumer Lab reports that Kannaway "Revive" was not recommended as it did not contain enough CBD.  0.5% of the oil in the bottle was CBD.  Their "Pure Gold" might be stronger, however, if they skimp on one product, they might skimp on their others.  It's a wild west of CBD oils, and there are many oils which either a) don't advertise the potency of their product, or b) don't provide the potency that they claim on the label.  I would posit that Kannaway is one of these, and if they do it on one product, I don't trust any of their products.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, Annesj said:

Is this CBD without thc you are refering to?

Yes.

These supplements are expensive!  A subscription to Consumer Labs is not.  You will waste a lot less money if you subscribe to Consumer Labs and follow their reports and recommendations.   

Edited by ChessieCat
increased boldness of some info

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

I completed my Valium withdrawal about 4 months ago and am doing very well; my neuro-emotions are back to normal...at least for me. 🙄

At this point my only issue is that I used to enjoy cannabis from time to time.  I live in a Cannabis friendly state and about a month ago I tried some cannabis and while it did make me relax and want to go to sleep, I experienced no euphoria or sense of well being, both of which I would always experience with cannabis prior to the past 4 years when I began on this hellish journey of Cymbalta and Valium problems.  

Is anyone aware of this being a problem post benzo (or AD CT and full reinstatement) withdrawal problem?  Or does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might gain more knowledge regarding this issue? 

Thank you,

Woof

If on a Benzo for a relatively short period of time, such as less than 6-12 months, one may want to consider tapering off their Benzo first (please see Will Hall's book on Harm Reduction)

Prior to commencing with an AD taper please consider what problems the AD is causing, as tapering is an extremely serious endeavor.   

If one has been on an AD for more than 10 yrs. please consider the potential long term negative consequences of AD withdrawal prior to tapering. (please see Drs. Healy, Glenmullen and Shipko) 

Prior to re-starting an AD taper, please do not resume tapering until all w/d sx's from any prior taper, especially CT, have resolved. 

2004 - Dec. 2015,  Cymbalta 20mg/d  for neck pain - Never had problems with Cymbalta.   Dec 2015, CT 20mg/d Cymbalta.  5 weeks later reinstated 20mg/d Cymbalta - without increase in CT sx's.   

Feb 2016 STARTED VALIUM 25mg/d for CT Cymbalta wd sxs.    Jan-April 2016 Held Cymbalta 20mg/d - doing pretty well (AM 3/10 anxiety and 3/10 tinnitus)

April 2016, CT Cymbalta sx's had not yet resolved and I prematurely tapered 10% q 4 wks x 3 mos.  After 3rd cut developed 10/10 wd sx's of Anxiety, Anhedonia, Anorexia, Panic attacks, dark, incresaed Valium to 28mg/d. 

November 2016, after 3 cuts, UP-DOSED all (41 beads) back up to 20mg (193 beads total) Cymbalta - from , dark to light.

VALIUM TAPER: Jan 2017 28mg to March 2019 Zero   Cymbalta has partially stabilized and helped with the Valium taper.  The only sx I have now is 3/10 Tinnitus, which I only notice when it is quiet.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11900-woof-cymbalta-re-stabilization-after-cold-turkey-withdrawal/  Benzo Posts http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11951-woof-valium-scheduling-and-dosage-with-cymbalta-wd-symptoms/

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, woof said:

while it did make me relax and want to go to sleep, I experienced no euphoria or sense of well being, both of which I would always experience with cannabis prior to the past 4 years

Instead of seeking the same experience that you got years ago, I would be very thankful that you didn't experience anything bad.

Hello ChessieCat,

I do, I really do appreciate the fact that I have just come from a few years of hell. 

And I am thankful everyday that anxiety has finally completely left me, I can enjoy things again and that I sleep everynight. 🙏

Thanks Woof,

Woof😀

If on a Benzo for a relatively short period of time, such as less than 6-12 months, one may want to consider tapering off their Benzo first (please see Will Hall's book on Harm Reduction)

Prior to commencing with an AD taper please consider what problems the AD is causing, as tapering is an extremely serious endeavor.   

If one has been on an AD for more than 10 yrs. please consider the potential long term negative consequences of AD withdrawal prior to tapering. (please see Drs. Healy, Glenmullen and Shipko) 

Prior to re-starting an AD taper, please do not resume tapering until all w/d sx's from any prior taper, especially CT, have resolved. 

2004 - Dec. 2015,  Cymbalta 20mg/d  for neck pain - Never had problems with Cymbalta.   Dec 2015, CT 20mg/d Cymbalta.  5 weeks later reinstated 20mg/d Cymbalta - without increase in CT sx's.   

Feb 2016 STARTED VALIUM 25mg/d for CT Cymbalta wd sxs.    Jan-April 2016 Held Cymbalta 20mg/d - doing pretty well (AM 3/10 anxiety and 3/10 tinnitus)

April 2016, CT Cymbalta sx's had not yet resolved and I prematurely tapered 10% q 4 wks x 3 mos.  After 3rd cut developed 10/10 wd sx's of Anxiety, Anhedonia, Anorexia, Panic attacks, dark, incresaed Valium to 28mg/d. 

November 2016, after 3 cuts, UP-DOSED all (41 beads) back up to 20mg (193 beads total) Cymbalta - from , dark to light.

VALIUM TAPER: Jan 2017 28mg to March 2019 Zero   Cymbalta has partially stabilized and helped with the Valium taper.  The only sx I have now is 3/10 Tinnitus, which I only notice when it is quiet.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11900-woof-cymbalta-re-stabilization-after-cold-turkey-withdrawal/  Benzo Posts http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11951-woof-valium-scheduling-and-dosage-with-cymbalta-wd-symptoms/

On 8/18/2019 at 8:07 AM, woof said:

Hello ChessieCat,

I do, I really do appreciate the fact that I have just come from a few years of hell. 

And I am thankful everyday that anxiety has finally completely left me, I can enjoy things again and that I sleep everynight. 🙏

Thanks Woof,

Woof😀

I love to read about success as I am not quite there yet but hope to be.  I never had so much trouble with anxiety BEFORE I was put on SSRIs! I look forward to being free from it and it's already a lot better.

and regular sleep:  what a blessing. 

I have the same relationship with cannabis - and with coffee! - as you: I used to enjoy it and I'd like to do so again. 

same as with coffee, I find a small amount is sometimes OK and sometimes not and I probably should be waiting until I am free from anxiety all together (at least regularly) to "enjoy in moderation" again. 

that said, are you paying attention to strains, besides dose, and how you take it? I know that I find edibles a more mild high, but they last longer.  there was a time I considered 10 mg of TCH to be "one dose" and now that is way too much. even 5 mg can be too much, but with tinctures I can get smaller doses. since you are in a legal state, do you talk to staff at dispensaries about this?

• 3 weeks later...

JanCarol,

I think I'm going to try CBD oil for my newly acquired, over the top anxiety that sprang up when I thought I might try a different blood pressure medicine (ACE inhibitor) in the "hopes" that my current Beta blocker might be contributing to my "normal" anxiety/depressive symptoms. I had a major meltdown (crying, panicky, digestive issues) and went back on the beta blocker (which supposedly helps with anxiety) but my anxiety seems to be stuck on the fight or flight mode most of the day. The doc gave me an additional small dose of another Beta blocker to try with my regular dose, as  I have refused the current tranquilizer options (but I'm starting to consider ANYTHING to get out of this hell.) I have taken it only for 2 days, and thought maybe it helped a bit yesterday, but today again I'm with the racing heart and panicky feeling. At the same time I am buying/selling a house, and though it's a positive thing and things are going smoothly, I have barely been able to handle it or enjoy that I seem to be leaving a place that depresses me. All this has brought on daily persistent obsessive thoughts that make me think they will continue to return and my life won't be livable any more. Of course my sleep is disrupted even more so, and the fatigue contributes. Sorry for the long explanation, but I haven't written here in a long time, and I found your comment and how you are helped by CBD oil. From what I gather from what I read, there was an opinion that the "type 3 CBD dominant" with little THC seemed to be considered the most effective. I can't think straight or absorb all the info, so I'm hoping you can lead me in the right direction, though we are all different of course. I intend to go to a local dispensary and start at a low dose. And input is greatly appreciated.

Not sure where my signature is ?? but i was on SSRi's for over 20 years and quit over a 2 week period. Just passed my 4 year mark of drug-free, and would happily have stayed on them had I known the hell awaiting me. By the time I found this site it was too late to re-instate, or I surely would have. Only quit because I thought it might be healthier for me. Dear god. My feelings now are I would have never gone on them in the first place, but also would never have gone off knowing what I know.

Just saw my signature appear when I submitted this...I am now almost 68 years old.

Edited by SeasideDiva

• 64 years old. A/Ds over 20(?) years for depression, anxiety/social anxiety, last of which was Sertraline 100mg. Decided to wean off, the catalyst being the book "Moody *******" Julie Holland MD, hoping to improve my overall health (??) and dead libido (single again and re-entering the dreaded dating world) reduced to 50mg 8-6-15, 25mg 8-13-15, then stopped entirely on 8-21-16. Withdrawals with zaps, digestive issues, dizzy etc for a couple of months a week or two after stopping Now 3-24-16 still quite depressed with occasional irrational anger, and want to stay off, but wonder if it's worth it since I was at least not AS depressed (the social anxiety was never helped by the meds). Is the "cure" worse than continuing SSRIs?

Topic title:  CBD: Does it help?

I'm sure this question has been posed in this forum, but I'm curious to know of anyone's experience with CBD oil during the tapering process, to assist with issues like sleep and anxiety.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

2005-2009 Various ADs and maybe some random Ativan, nothing long-term

2009 Started Celexa 10 mg

2012 Symptoms of depression worsened when I quit drinking, started a course of Viibryd (10 mg), Buspar (5 mg), Xanax

2013 Hospitalized, added Lamictal in the hospital (quit Lamictal cold turkey in 2014)

2014 Switched back to Celexa from Viibryd

2015 Quit Buspar cold turkey

2016 Cut down to 5 mg of Celexa (all seemingly without issues)

June-August 2017 tapered off Celexa

October 2017 Hospitalized for insomnia (quit sleeping entirely)

reinstated w/ Trintellix 5mg (stopped in 1/18) and 7.5 mg of Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine (in mgs) 2/18 5,  6/19 3.5, 9/25/19 3.2, 2/24/20 2.9, 3/2020 2.85, 6/20/20 2.5, 10/3/20 2.3, 11/30/20 2.1, 1/1/21 1.95 3/19/21 1.86 9/1/21 1.65 11/30 1.5 mgs 3/1/22 1.41 mgs 6/28/22 1.37 mgs 10/22 1.20 mgs

Daily supplements: 470 mgs magnesium, Miralax, 640 Omega complex, probiotic, testosterone 2 gms, progesterone 12.5 mgs

• 1 month later...

Given the concerns raised about nutritional supplements, does the same not apply to CBD?  My doctor is suggesting it as a possible help, but I am wary because I know so little about it.  General sense from reading this thread is that people are pro?

Thanks,

Harriet8

1997   1st psychiatric appt: began medications (no record);   2002   Efexor XL, Xanax, Risperdal, Stilnoct; 2003  Efexor, Xanax, Stilnoct, Serlain;   2004   many medications (no record), but including Lithium, Diazepam, Lorazepam;   2005  Clomipramine; Imipramine; (8 sessions of Electroconvulsive Therapy, ECT);   Sept 2005 Citalopram, Quetiapine 800mg, L-Tryptophan;   2006 - 2009 Reduced L-Tryptophan and Quetiapine, finished Quetiapine Nov 2009;  Jan 2010  Began reducing Citalopram   >>>STARTED NOTICING SOMATIC SYMPTOMS (described above)>>>   2012   Citalopram, Diazepam, Zolpidem, Promethazine, Risperidone, Mirtazepine, Trazadone, Buspirone, L-Tryptophan, Chlorpromazine, Alprazolam   Sept 2012medications changed to Citalopram, Quetiapine, Diazepam, L-Tryptophan;   2015 - 2017: reduced meds until just Citalopram 60mg;   2017  1 May   Citalopram, 50mg   25 May Citalopram, 40mg   Dec 2017 - Apr 2018: Citalopram, 35mg > 30 mg >   25 mg > 20mg;   2018   1 May Citalopram 30mg,   21 May 35mg   Jun Diazepam, 2mg, increased to 6mg (3 x 2mg to assist eating)   Aug Zolpidem for 10 days   Sept Zopiclone 3.75mg;   (Nov: inpatient admission):  Dec Pregabalin 100mg added, Diazepam increased to 8mg, Citalopram increased to 40mg;   2019  Jan Citalopram 40mg, Diazepam 8mg, Pregabalin 100mg, Zopiclone 3.75mg (now reducing Zopiclone: 2.81mg on 2 May, 1.88mg on 16 May)

There also seems to be a danger in not being able to trace the sources of the CBD oil. Now that it has been a few years, I'm wondering if anyone has any ones that they've found that they like and come from "reputable" sources? 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

And yes, wondering if CBD oil use is supported by SA as well. 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

My mom uses it for pain and it really helps her. Someone told me to buy only oil made in the USA.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

On 1/19/2015 at 3:32 PM, cymbaltawithdrawal5600 said:

BTW, we don't recommend ANY psychotropic drugs in wd or even after. Once sensitized, probably always so.

A new doctor I am seeing (and not sure of yet) is suggesting I try medical cannabis (with no THC).  His argument is that it will help with the imbalance and over-excitation of my brain and nervous system.  I have posted on the marijuana wd page....  He is suggesting it would support me in withdrawal from my meds.  I am very wary.  I am so unstable as things stand that I am housebound and my life is razed to the ground.  But my instinct is that it will make withdrawal more complicated, certainly harder to manage.  My understanding is that this is to do with metabolism, the enzymes in the liver, and these possibly altering how I experience the doses of my medications.  e.g. that taking 40 mg Citalopram could feel like taking 80mg (depending on whether I am a slow metaboliser or not - apparently I can do a blood test for this)?

Harriet8

1997   1st psychiatric appt: began medications (no record);   2002   Efexor XL, Xanax, Risperdal, Stilnoct; 2003  Efexor, Xanax, Stilnoct, Serlain;   2004   many medications (no record), but including Lithium, Diazepam, Lorazepam;   2005  Clomipramine; Imipramine; (8 sessions of Electroconvulsive Therapy, ECT);   Sept 2005 Citalopram, Quetiapine 800mg, L-Tryptophan;   2006 - 2009 Reduced L-Tryptophan and Quetiapine, finished Quetiapine Nov 2009;  Jan 2010  Began reducing Citalopram   >>>STARTED NOTICING SOMATIC SYMPTOMS (described above)>>>   2012   Citalopram, Diazepam, Zolpidem, Promethazine, Risperidone, Mirtazepine, Trazadone, Buspirone, L-Tryptophan, Chlorpromazine, Alprazolam   Sept 2012medications changed to Citalopram, Quetiapine, Diazepam, L-Tryptophan;   2015 - 2017: reduced meds until just Citalopram 60mg;   2017  1 May   Citalopram, 50mg   25 May Citalopram, 40mg   Dec 2017 - Apr 2018: Citalopram, 35mg > 30 mg >   25 mg > 20mg;   2018   1 May Citalopram 30mg,   21 May 35mg   Jun Diazepam, 2mg, increased to 6mg (3 x 2mg to assist eating)   Aug Zolpidem for 10 days   Sept Zopiclone 3.75mg;   (Nov: inpatient admission):  Dec Pregabalin 100mg added, Diazepam increased to 8mg, Citalopram increased to 40mg;   2019  Jan Citalopram 40mg, Diazepam 8mg, Pregabalin 100mg, Zopiclone 3.75mg (now reducing Zopiclone: 2.81mg on 2 May, 1.88mg on 16 May)

On 1/26/2015 at 8:02 PM, Rhiannon said:

I would really like to see what the non-THC cannabinoids can do. I don't want to spend my life high, but if I could get some help for chronic pain and PTSD without being high...well, I'd take a look at it anyway. Although after what I've learned from psych drugs I'm pretty gunshy about doing anything with neurotransmitters.

Hi Rhiannon,

Just looked at your drug signature.  I'm where you were at in the lost everything phase.  Also have CPTSD.  Would you have used it in withdrawal?  I have possibility of trying non-THC cannabinoids.  But is pilot study.  Doc who is keen on Esketamine.  Linked to companies excited about huge profits to be made.  Scary.  Trying to consider ahead of consultation tomorrow.  My instinct is not to do it.  But my life is ruined by my symptoms.  If it provided some amelioration of them, it could be worth it.  But would most certainly make withdrawal very complicated.

Appreciate your opinion.  Realise posting a lot today but feeling very alone and vulnerable.

Thank you,

Harriet8

• 2 weeks later...

This is super interesting topic. There is now pharmaceutical grade CBD oil out there with minimal to no psychoactive THC in it.  Anyone got experience using this stuff after tapering? 

has any had an adverse effect with only CBD from Hemp plants? 

In Jan 2011 started Lexapro 10 mg after 10 minutes consultation with doctor telling him I felt anxious in confined spaces and had an anxiety attack on plane and underground. Remained on that dosage until Sept 2014. Tapered following a doctor's schedule on 2.5 mg drops every three weeks. Once stopped I developed severe withdrawals. Three weeks of Prozac beginning of Oct 2014 but had adverse reaction and stopped CT. Protracted withdrawals since. Supp now - magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, Withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.

• 2 weeks later...

Great advice by the looks of it..

One of the things that bothers me is I’m a daily hash smoker (a light cannabis resin) and this must effect my CNS. 

Can anyone  recommend  how to cut back on a recreational drug like this and to ensure I’m not throwing my CNS completely out of whack?

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

On 11/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, Glynboslice said:

Great advice by the looks of it..

One of the things that bothers me is I’m a daily hash smoker (a light cannabis resin) and this must effect my CNS. 

Can anyone  recommend  how to cut back on a recreational drug like this and to ensure I’m not throwing my CNS completely out of whack?

A few years ago I took a long tolerance break after years of daily usage and now use much less frequently.  r/leaves over at redd it has good tips on how to quit, obviously you would need to review and glean what's actually useful there, but it's also helpful for cutting down.  I found the tolerance break was a good prep for tapering, I got acquainted with coping with derealisation, low moods, suppressed emotions emerging etc and wound up with a much better baseline.  Cheers

P.S probably worth searching for an existing thread about curbing the herb habit, or starting a new one if you can't find it 🙂

Edited by Shep
updated textbox with new username

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

12 hours ago, hayduke said:

A few years ago I took a long tolerance break after years of daily usage and now use much less frequently.  r/leaves over at redd it has good tips on how to quit, obviously you would need to review and glean what's actually useful there, but it's also helpful for cutting down.  I found the tolerance break was a good prep for tapering, I got acquainted with coping with derealisation, low moods, suppressed emotions emerging etc and wound up with a much better baseline.  Cheers

P.S probably worth searching for an existing thread about curbing the herb habit, or starting a new one if you can't find it 🙂

Well it’s funny.  Up until 18 months ago I had hardly smoked for 7 years.. I genuinely didn’t expect that i’d be anymore than an “on the odd occasion” smoker ever again but fell back in love after restarting on the solid rather than high grade.  The low level chill isn’t anywhere near as encompassing as the green.

When quitting previously i’ve gone cold turkey which consisted of a rough 2 weeks, lacking in sleep, having craziest dreams when I did  but nothing overly debilitating. That’s how a withdrawal should be😂. My worry atm is this method could be too harsh during SSRI withdrawal. I’ll have a look online and maybe try some intermittent periods of down time and we’ll see how it goes. 

Have you found cutting down to be a benefit to yourself during the withdrawal process in terms of symptoms and recovery? What differences have you noticed?

OCT 2016 -  I quit Sertraline 50 mg CT after a family bereavement  had turned my life upside down ..  as a result it felt the drug was totally ineffective. 

MAY 2017-  After what had been an appalling 6 months (which i thought was horrific grief but now realise it is likely withdrawal is the more likely culprit)  I reinstated Sertraline at 50 mg before raising the dose to 100 mg due to not feeling any effect (again this is something that makes sense now). In time i had started to feel normal again and presumed it was because I had worked my way through my prolonged grief.  

FEB 2019 -  Life was now back on track and decided it was time to try and rid myself of the shameful daily pill pop that is AD's. I quit Sertraline Via a fast taper... but may aswell have been a CT.

JUN 2019 -  I found SA . .. realised i was withdrawing .. and had inadvertently made multiple mistakes along the way.

NOV 2019 - I'm roughly 8-9 months into withdrawal & STRUGGLING

• Altostrata changed the title to Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD or Hemp oil
  • Administrator

@Kimboslice @hayduke see above discussion.

Edited by Shep
updated tagged username to reflect new username

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Alto

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy