Doc Charged with Murder in Prescription Overdose

Jemima

• Moderator Emeritus

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/hsiu-ying-lisa-teng-murder-charge-unethical-doctor_n_1321161.html?ref=mostpopular

It's about time. Here's an excerpt I found especially interesting:

"Prescription drug abuse is so great in the U.S., some agents who once chased Mexican and Colombian drug traffickers are now investigating doctors who push pills illegally, said Payne, the DEA spokesman."

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/hsiu-ying-lisa-teng-murder-charge-unethical-doctor_n_1321161.html?ref=mostpopular

It's about time. Here's an excerpt I found especially interesting:

"Prescription drug abuse is so great in the U.S., some agents who once chased Mexican and Colombian drug traffickers are now investigating doctors who push pills illegally, said Payne, the DEA spokesman."

ughhh I cant stand these doctors!

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

• Administrator

All docs should be worrying about being nailed for overprescription.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My sister has been buying a C-III barbiturate from an online pharmacy site for many years without a doctor - 90 pills every week at about $100 per week - I have copies of the receipts - the DEA and NDIC both said the internet sites are too hard to track down -

Yes there is overprescribing by physicians - I think this gets the attention because the DEA can show some control of a much nore complex problem -

BTW - my sister's scripts come from a pharmacy in Texas who explained this all to me - they arent technically breaking the law although there was never a face to face exam w doctor - DEA can't do anything because of a Drug Exempt loophole -

I believe it's important to understand all of the places the system is broken

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

My sister has never trusted doctors and as a result did not not get caught up in polypharmacy ~

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Alto,

Please edit any of above at your descretion. For many years I intentionally did not 'publicize' this in fear of contributing to problem, but have mixed feelings now.

• Administrator

Anyone who wants to buy addictive drugs on the Internet already knows this info.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Anyone who wants to buy addictive drugs on the Internet already knows this info.

Thanks, Alto. Took me awhile to realize that criminals already knew how to break the law. :o

I've talked to many MDs about this and have been dismissed (and not believed) every time. To my pdocs's credit, he did pull out his PDR to confirm that Fiorinal is C-III but Fioricet is unscheduled even though it has same amount of barbiturate.

This is only one small piece of the big picture, I realize.

Also, I sense confusion between 'internet pharmacy sites' and legit mail order pharmacies services like Medco. One of the sites tried to recruit me into a multilevel marketing plan. Perhaps undercover work B)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy