SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Epphe: Sertraline withdrawal

Epphe

When i stopped taking mysertraline for 4 nights i got nightmares and unable to concentrate at my work in the morning. Why such feelings? 

July 2016 Sertraline zosert

• ChessieCat changed the title to Epphe: withdrawal symptoms
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 8/24/2018 at 8:46 AM, Epphe said:

When i stopped taking mysertraline for 4 nights i got nightmares and unable to concentrate at my work in the morning. Why such feelings? 

Hi Epphe and welcome to SA. 

How long had you taken it before stopping? 

To begin, please help us out by creating a "drug signature" here: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

These drugs are very potent. The nightmares and concentration issues were withdrawal. Here is more information: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

Are you wanting to come off of it? If so, this site can help with that.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• SkyBlue changed the title to Epphe: Sertraline withdrawal

I have been taken it for more than 2years, sertraline 50mg accompanied with clonezepam 1/4 tablet a night. 

July 2016 Sertraline zosert