Maryb

Maryb: Cymbalta

Maryb
9 hours ago, gardenlady said:

MaryB, I'm also tapering Cymbalta and it's brutal.  I'm down from 60 mg to 15 mg and it's been a nightmare the whole way down even tho I'm doing a proper slow taper.  I cut 2 beads per week right now which is about a 10%/month cut rate.  I figure it will take me another 3 years to finish.  I considered a Prozac bridge but am too frightened to try.

Perhaps when you stabilize you can try to switch to a generic duloxetine with the small beads.  I know you tried before unsuccessfully, but maybe you were too unstable.  

Just letting you you know there is another Cymbalta sufferer out here!

Hi Gardenlady, I am horrified at the damage that my doctor has put me through.  I followed his advice and tried two times to change different generics and my god who deserves this.  I thank you for your kind words.

would you be so kind as to tell me the symptoms.  Right now I can’t twll if I’m in a wave or window (with less intense wave or crappy window).  It is truly scaring me that I will be left this way forever and then I think about who I was before this nightmare and I can’t stop crying.  I sit here at work and am just crying.  What a life - I have nothing to look forward to at this time.  I hate work and I hate weekends.  This is just torture.  I will write to you more later.  Are you in the states?  Again thank you for your kindness.  Much love and god bless us.  

gardenlady

MaryB, My symptoms are mostly mental....doom, dread, depression, fear, terror.  I also get akathisia if I cut too fast.  I have no windows, only terror 24/7 and it's been that way for me ever since my doctor crossed me from Lexapro since it wasn't working.  No AD has ever helped me and Cymbalta has made me feel worse than I ever did before taking anything.  I'm 66, so probably old enough to be your mother or grandmother.  I think you will stabalize if you stay away from doctors as they just want to add more harmful psych drugs.  

I live in Memphis, TN.

Maryb
6 hours ago, gardenlady said:

MaryB, My symptoms are mostly mental....doom, dread, depression, fear, terror.  I also get akathisia if I cut too fast.  I have no windows, only terror 24/7 and it's been that way for me ever since my doctor crossed me from Lexapro since it wasn't working.  No AD has ever helped me and Cymbalta has made me feel worse than I ever did before taking anything.  I'm 66, so probably old enough to be your mother or grandmother.  I think you will stabalize if you stay away from doctors as they just want to add more harmful psych drugs.  

I live in Memphis, TN.

I feel everything you wrote.  Those symptoms were exactly what I had and still have just less intense at this time. Although I just went through a wave that caused me horrible nausea and sweating in addition to the doom, no joy and terror.  When you say cross to lexapro, do you mean you were on lexapro and be bridged you to cymbalta or the other way around.  How long were you on meds?  Did you do lots of changes?  You saw my story - I pray to God I will get better . Like I said I don’t know if I’m in a less intense wave or a crappy window.  This is truly nothing I could have ever imagined.  Is this as good as it gets?  My God I hope not.  I am just getting up slowly for work.  I have no desire and want/will.  May god watch over us and help us get better.  I’m praying daily.  I will check in later 

gardenlady

I bridged from Lexapro to Cymbalta.  ADs have never worked for me so doctors kept trying new ones to no avail.  From what I have read, one can bridge TO Cymbalta but not FROM it....once on it, one is stuck and must taper from it, directly.  Of course, there are exceptions, but that's the way it seems to work for most people.  

Maryb
On 4/3/2019 at 3:10 AM, gardenlady said:

MaryB, I'm also tapering Cymbalta and it's brutal.  I'm down from 60 mg to 15 mg and it's been a nightmare the whole way down even tho I'm doing a proper slow taper.  I cut 2 beads per week right now which is about a 10%/month cut rate.  I figure it will take me another 3 years to finish.  I considered a Prozac bridge but am too frightened to try.

Perhaps when you stabilize you can try to switch to a generic duloxetine with the small beads.  I know you tried before unsuccessfully, but maybe you were too unstable.  

Just letting you you know there is another Cymbalta sufferer out here!

Thank you Gardenlady, I appreciate your words.  I will try to stabilize some more and once I do, I will attempt to switch again to a difference generic and taper.  It just seems so hard when you are withdrawing and have to count all those beads or use a scale. THe scale sometimes isn't accurate and then everyday the amounts seem so different.  Thank you.

Maryb
15 hours ago, gardenlady said:

I bridged from Lexapro to Cymbalta.  ADs have never worked for me so doctors kept trying new ones to no avail.  From what I have read, one can bridge TO Cymbalta but not FROM it....once on it, one is stuck and must taper from it, directly.  Of course, there are exceptions, but that's the way it seems to work for most people.  

What is a slide method of tapering?  Thank you. Mary 

brassmonkey

The original is called the Brassmonkey Slide Method and is done by making 2.5% reductions for four weeks and then holding an additional two weeks.  This gives a total reduction of 10% every 6 weeks but reduces the shock of the symptoms caused by the reduction.  The purpose is to maintain a good speed on the taper but reduce the symptom load so one can maintain their quality of life.  Some people opt to do a slower taper and do 1.25% and some sensitive people do even smaller cuts.

Maryb
1 hour ago, brassmonkey said:

The original is called the Brassmonkey Slide Method and is done by making 2.5% reductions for four weeks and then holding an additional two weeks.  This gives a total reduction of 10% every 6 weeks but reduces the shock of the symptoms caused by the reduction.  The purpose is to maintain a good speed on the taper but reduce the symptom load so one can maintain their quality of life.  Some people opt to do a slower taper and do 1.25% and some sensitive people do even smaller cuts.

How do you do this with capsule as my brain is totally not working.  

brassmonkey

It all depends on what is in the capsules. Is it a powder, beads or mini tablets?  Basically you would remove the contents of the capsule, weigh out the new dose, put that back into the capsule and save the leftovers. It's easiest if its a powder, but there are ways to work with beads or mini tablets also.

withhopeinmyheart

Sending prayers and hugs and healing thoughts, dear Mary. 

Maryb
Posted (edited)

Topic title:  Omg I’m in a window again - so HAPPY

I woke up this morning feeling off and then all of a sudden I was in the phone with my sister and noticed I was laughing.  Yes, laughing and then I went to clean the bathroom and took a a shower and I was in a window!!!!    OMG- a window and then I went outside and went shopping, went out to eat sushi, went tanning, went to get manicure and shopping again.   Omg - I’m so happy!  I hope it stays but I’m grateful and will take this as a very good sign.  God bless - I have hope for sure.  🙏🙏🙏🙏. Sending us all prayers.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

thecowisback

oh a blessed window!!!! so glad to hear this 💙💚💛

Maryb
23 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

oh a blessed window!!!! so glad to hear this 💙💚💛

Morning thecowisback, Yes, a blessed window.  I did notice things were a little off last night though before I went to bed.  I’m awoke this morning around 5:30am.  The slightest things can wake me. I’m a bit shaky with some tremors, feel uneasy/nervous energy and restless.  Most mornings since w/d are rough. I’m assuming it’s hormone/cortisol related. I’m  🤞🏻 🙏praying/hoping the window stays.  Praying 🙏 so hard.  Although I’m just happy to have gotten the window.  It helps me stay positive and know that I’m healing.  God please continue to heal all that are sick and suffering.  Please hear my cries for help.  Thank you.

Maryb
On 4/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, brassmonkey said:

It all depends on what is in the capsules. Is it a powder, beads or mini tablets?  Basically you would remove the contents of the capsule, weigh out the new dose, put that back into the capsule and save the leftovers. It's easiest if its a powder, but there are ways to work with beads or mini tablets also.

Hi brass monkey, Beads are in the capsules - large beads 30mg has 6 large beads /5mg each.  I’m not going to taper until I am completely stabile and out of withdrawals.  I don’t want to compromise my CNS any further then it is.  I am healing.  I had a nice window yesterday but woke up very restless and nervous, probably full of anxiety too. Just trying to meditate and do deep breathing.  In for 10 seconds and out for 7.  Helps.   Btw, I tried two times to switch generics to small beads to slow taper and I went into a worse withdrawals - electrical shocks, heart palpitations, insomnia, tremors, was horrible the first time back in May 2018.  I haven’t made any changes on this Lupin brand which was my original for 6 months.  Last change I made was in September. 

Thank you brass monkey.

brassmonkey

Okay, so when the time comes we can work out the details.  With the problems you've had changing brands it looks like making a liquid won't be an option.  You'll need a jeweler scale and a very sharp knife or nail file.  That way you can remove bits from one of the big tablets to get the right doses.  When you're ready let us know and we can help with the details.

Maryb

Brass monkey, that sounds like a plan.  I did do some research and from some have said that the beads cannot be crushed.  Something about them being coated.  I am not a scientist/pharmacist and no nothing about these crazy meds.  I just know that big pharmaceutical and the medical field purposely made these meds so people would not come off.  Greed makes people insane.  

We can hopefully figure something out because because I do not want to be stuck on this poison.  I want this out of my body and it causes anxiety knowing I’m ingesting this poison.  Thank you very much.  

Maryb

Yesterday was not a good day at all and today I woke up non-stop thinking while sleeping and I can’t tell if I’m awake or dreaming with this constant thinking.  I feel so strange and scared and just not able to control things. I’m trying hard but it’s all so difficult, scary and not normal.  None of this is normal.  Symptoms are constantly changing.  Severe symptoms mostly very restless and over thinking and confusion and memory issues.  I feel so like I’m not in the real world with everyone.  When will this stop?!  It’s been over a year since the bad taper (on/off of cymbalta/Prozac bridge-September-December 2017) and May will be one year since I did the generic change from large beads to small beads. Just about 7 months since I have made absolutely no change to my med (30mg duloxetine).  I am soooo kindled I guess that everything is just merging into each other.  I can’t think straight and I feel so alone and I feel so like this is not me. I don’t recognize me at all.  I am fighting to keep things together and I’m struggling to get ready for work and pretend like things are normal.  How do they not notice?  God please help me.  

Maryb
On 8/25/2018 at 8:22 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Mary.

Are your symptoms better or worse at any time of day? How is your sleep? What is your daily symptom pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Hi Alto, my symptoms were a bit better starting around 7pm.  Where can I start a new topic and journal?  @Shep@bubble@Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Hi! You can just start posting your daily symptoms here and moderators will be able to help and see if there is any pattern 

RichT
7 hours ago, Maryb said:

Yesterday was not a good day at all and today I woke up non-stop thinking while sleeping and I can’t tell if I’m awake or dreaming with this constant thinking.  I feel so strange and scared and just not able to control things. I’m trying hard but it’s all so difficult, scary and not normal.  None of this is normal.  Symptoms are constantly changing.  Severe symptoms mostly very restless and over thinking and confusion and memory issues.  I feel so like I’m not in the real world with everyone.  When will this stop?!  It’s been over a year since the bad taper (on/off of cymbalta/Prozac bridge-September-December 2017) and May will be one year since I did the generic change from large beads to small beads. Just about 7 months since I have made absolutely no change to my med (30mg duloxetine).  I am soooo kindled I guess that everything is just merging into each other.  I can’t think straight and I feel so alone and I feel so like this is not me. I don’t recognize me at all.  I am fighting to keep things together and I’m struggling to get ready for work and pretend like things are normal.  How do they not notice?  God please help me.  

Hi Maryb,

I’m Sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I’m sure God will help you.

sending you warm wishes,

R

Maryb
37 minutes ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi! You can just start posting your daily symptoms here and moderators will be able to help and see if there is any pattern 

Okay Blondiee, 

I will start posting my daily symptoms here.  

Thank you so much.

xo

Maryb
22 minutes ago, RichT said:

Hi Maryb,

I’m Sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I’m sure God will help you.

sending you warm wishes,

R

Thank you RichT, I need as much prayers and support as possible.  I'm truly struggling and suffering. 

Warm regards,

Mary 

Maryb
On 4/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, withhopeinmyheart said:

Sending prayers and hugs and healing thoughts, dear Mary. 

Thank you Withhopeinmyheart - your support means a lot to me.  I'm feeling so awful. 

Maryb

@brassmonkey@Blondiee1915 @pug @withhopeinmyheart

Woke up at 5am - didn't know if I was having thoughts while awake or in my dream; tried to tell them thoughts to go away; tired; scared; weak; don't recognize myself

Checked my blood sugar - 96

Checked my Blood pressure - 112/77 and 82 bpm

Drank 1.5 liter bottled water

7am - took my 30mg duloxetine 

7:30am took .5 alprazolam

Tired but got up and dressed for work - work starts at 8:30am

Ordered lyft car could not take the bus was too fearful

Picked up my green juice (kale, spinach, cucumber, celery)

8:30am Got to work feel tremors, sad and depressed;

9:00am - yogurt with almonds

Feeling tons of stress, bad thoughts, obsessing - crying lots

12:45pm - lunch had half turkey/hummus wrap and chicken noodle soup

Ordered food from Graces marketplace for the week

brassmonkey

Please add the xanax to your signature it is very important that we know about this.

Maryb
6 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Please add the xanax to your signature it is very important that we know about this.

I think it's in there, but will make it more clear.  Thank you. Mary

brassmonkey

Okay I see it on the second line.  If you could make a line for "currently taking" that would be the best thing.  The mods read through so many signature blocks a day it can be really easy for us to overlook something important like that.

Maryb

Journal from yesterday: 

Fell asleep last night around 10pm

slept good not so much thinking 

did wake up at 3am -4am woke up from noise and lights - put pillows in the window to block out light - it worked but I ordered black out shades for the bedroom will come next week

woke up at 6:40am laid in bed until 7am 

feel nauseous, sad, cold, sweating, shoulder pain never hurt like this, very tired, crying, I want to feel better so much, getting dressed for work, will leave the apartment shortly - not feeling well at all (flu like symptoms) 

Maryb

Continue my Tuesday, April 16 Journal:

7am - 30mg duloxetine 

8:05am - .5 xanax while in lyft car on the way work (too cold and too sick to take bus)

So scared, terror in my body, so sad, no one but you all know what this feels like, never could I have imagined this could happen to anyone, my hair is falling out daily, I'm crying so much, I think of how horribly kindled I am and my lack of stupidity, don't know how much more I can take quite honestly, 

picked up my green juice (kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, ginger)

I'm sitting here at the office crying, I'm so tight, so sad, anxiety is high, overwhelmed with fear/terror; stress is too much to handle, 

I will add that I start to feel relief around 6/6:30pm until 5am - don't know what that is about (I welcome any bit of relief)

How much longer can this last?

thecowisback

hopefully not too much longer. i find things ease off in the evening too. i think it's the cortisol levels running down in time for sleep. come 5 am i'm wideawake and terrified of everything all over again..

please don't think you're stupid. we're all in this pickle because the medical profession largely doesn't have a clue what it's doing with these drugs. it is not our fault at all xxxxxx

RichT

Hi Maryb,

sorry to hear about your suffering. Please don’t believe you are to blame for this. It’s not your fault!

sending you warm good wishes

R

Maryb
50 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

hopefully not too much longer. i find things ease off in the evening too. i think it's the cortisol levels running down in time for sleep. come 5 am i'm wideawake and terrified of everything all over again..

please don't think you're stupid. we're all in this pickle because the medical profession largely doesn't have a clue what it's doing with these drugs. it is not our fault at all xxxxxx

Yes, we are all here because we trusted our doctors.  The thought of another summer going by with me not being able to leave the house while I watch people laughing and enjoying life like I used to before making changes to come off this AD is so sad and upsetting.  Thank you sweet TCIB, all of your kind words help me get through this.  God Bless and tell me how you are doing.  

Maryb
18 minutes ago, RichT said:

Hi Maryb,

sorry to hear about your suffering. Please don’t believe you are to blame for this. It’s not your fault!

sending you warm good wishes

R

Thank you RichT, you all are keeping me going and that’s the truth.  I trust in you all beaver you are going through the same thing. Others don’t even acknowledge or believe this is possible. I would never have thought either.  Wow.  God taught me something - don’t know what yet.  

Tell me how how you are doing?  Kind regards, 

RichT

Hi Mary,

i’m doing Ok at the moment. I reinstated Abilify at a low dose two weeks ago and my symptoms are much better than they were.

R

thecowisback

i know how you feel dreading the summer. our kids ate already making plans of what they want to do over the summer holidays and it's filling me with dread. they're growing up so fast and i don't have many more summers where they'll want to do things with me before they'd rather hang out with their friends, so i need to treasure every minute with them, yet the thought of going out and doing all these things scares the hell out of me. 

we will get through this, and we will recover. i have to keep believing that xxxx

SkyBlue
2 hours ago, Maryb said:

Others don’t even acknowledge or believe this is possible. I would never have thought either.  

Hi Maryb, 

thanks again for stopping by my thread and for your kind words. 

I can totally relate to how I don't think I would have thought the awfulness of withdrawal was possible before I actually have gone through it. 

Thank goodness we have each other. 

Step by step. Take care ❤️